test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Build Now Dead....

Comments

• huckafivehuckafive Banned Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    foulsmell1 wrote: »
    TRs still hit for 30k+ in a single hit.. 1 shotting other players in pvp.. but keep talking about how you don't need a nerf.
    give some proof.....and use a rogue that doesnt use perfect tenebrous to enhance his damage by alot cause you want to nerf the class and not the enchantments which are at least 50% of those 30k
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckafive wrote: »
    give some proof.....and use a rogue that doesnt use perfect tenebrous to enhance his damage by alot cause you want to nerf the class and not the enchantments which are at least 50% of those 30k

Not to mention one not targeting a CW, w/o toughness, clad in all greens...

I play CW and with High Viz and Toughness I have never been 1 shot. 2 shot yes, but I can also 2 shot with chill strike + ice knife

Edit: I have hit for 28k+ with ice knife without any Tene or vorpal so sounds like CW is getting nerfed into the ground next right?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TRs still hit for 30k+ in a single hit.. 1 shotting other players in pvp.. but keep talking about how you don't need a nerf.

TRs able to do this are like 1 in 1000 or .05 percent of the TR community at least on the Dragon server. Who knows, the individual might even be using an exploit outside of the game to boost their dps. It is suspicious when an individual is one hit killing everything including GFs. I have even seen some CWs do 1 hit kills. Exploits do exist and an individual can use them on any class. Remember to report anything that appears very suspicious.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, I am done with the class for now. I knew they would fool with it but this is unreasonable. May all the developers be stuck playing a TR in the hell of the braindog mindflayer area with nothing but the new lurker's assault, the new and improved execution, and only green gear for all eternity.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    As this discussion continues please keep the Rules of Conduct in mind.

First and most importantly respect the opinions of others. Do not degrade another posters opinions because you do not agree with their opinion. Simply put treat others as you wish to be treated.

This includes calling any user a troll. Calling others trolls is trolling in and of itself.

Now since there seems to be confusion about what the word means to the Rules of Conduct:

Unless a person is insulting or disrespecting another person's opinions they are not trolling.

I want you guys to express your opinions but you have to keep the thread civil.
    Stop with the insults and accusations. Express your opinions and do not degrade the opinions of others.

Can you guy please read what was said!! Or do you want every post shut down just saying.
    edited July 2013
    jep, thats really annoying

esp when used to defend the nerf with statements like "TR crits for 30k all the time" and such nonsense

My friend I run with crits 30-40k all the time and is not fully geared. He is my kill stealing rogue machine. But I love him its not his fault that the class isn't working correctly and he plays it. I run with 3 different rogues so will be interesting to see the changes and all of them were for the changes to stealth interesting.
    edited July 2013
    My friend I run with crits 30-40k all the time and is not fully geared. He is my kill stealing rogue machine. But I love him its not his fault that the class isn't working correctly and he plays it. I run with 3 different rogues so will be interesting to see the changes and all of them were for the changes to stealth interesting.
    and now tell him to remove those 7 tenebrous enchantments and let him crit again

and whoppdidoo oyull notice that its not the class, its the enchantments
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you played a TR because they were OVER POWERED (and have been since open beta), used a perma-stealth game mechanic that was obviously broken, 1-shot players from stealth, etc then reroll a different character such as the latest OP flavor of the month GWF. All the obviously broken, overpowered, etc classes will over time be nerfed as it is the nature of MMORPGs.

Either you can CHOOSE to chase the latest OP class bandwagon flavor of the month which will over time be nerfed or you can stick with the class you enjoy playing because of its group role, game mechanics, etc. If you enjoy playing the rogue class: group role, game mehcanics, etc then continue to play and create new TR characters.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Except that GF can block 100% of that double damage (if the enemy is even standing, a good GF would have them prone), not to mention if you take trample the fallen and prone them before you knight's challenge + lunge it can hit for a lot more than 28k

A GF can block hardly any damage. So if knights challenge is up he goes to block your lashing blade about 15k damage will break his block then the remaining 30k will one shot him. Not a very good defense. I do like keeping it in my rotation depending on team make up and what the comp is. Especially if its double cleric I pretty much have to run Knights challenge and use a surprise tactic to nuke 1 of the healers and pick them off.

It does a lot of damage yes but has some big down sides as well let me explain them.

If I cast knights challenge on a player CW,TR,DC,GWF I am now locked in combat with them for the duration doing double damage/ the second part which ppl forget is also doing HALF the damage to other players. So if you decide to kite and run I can't attack another target at all cause I won't do any damage to them. So it basically take the GF out of the fight against the rest of the team whoever he decides to cast it on for the full duration. So really easy to counter.

After I cast it if I get CC then I will die and there is a million ways to CC. There are a ton of ways to counter it.

I have gotten more crafty on casting it and even switching skills mid match or when about to take a base just so my enemy isn't expecting it or to hide it so he doesn't know its on him. Just most GF's don't do that and are really killable by using it.

I don't know why players think a GF block is actually a good defense since its a pretty terrible mechanic that doesn't always work. Its not even a good tanking skill I would gladly take unstoppable over block or even dodge. 1 round of at wills from any class breaks block its the worst tanking skill in the game. We can only hope they fix the mechanic and address that issue. I don't have the best answer on how to fix block but needs a huge overhaul.
  • r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    If you played a TR because they were OVER POWERED (and have been since open beta), used a perma-stealth game mechanic that was obviously broken, 1-shot players from stealth, etc then reroll a different character such as the latest OP flavor of the month GWF. All the obviously broken, overpowered, etc classes will over time be nerfed as it is the nature of MMORPGs.

Either you can CHOOSE to chase the latest OP class bandwagon flavor of the month which will over time be nerfed or you can stick with the class you enjoy playing because of its group role, game mechanics, etc. If you enjoy playing the rogue class: group role, game mehcanics, etc then continue to play and create new TR characters.

I like this quote, I agree all the way each class is they r gonna get nerfed GWF, CW, GF, DC, even the New class that isn't even out yet is going too. I don't know why, Maybe because they rush and don't take your time on testing the classes with each other and very build. They shouldn't have to wait for Players/customers to tell them whats wrong they should know by now. They way the new feats r set up u could still do the same Damge your just gonna run out of stealth alot faster. Stealth Is the TR greatest Defense, This patch is cutting LA crit and power and time, on top of not have a full stealth bar when we leave out of it. I just dont want to keep reajusting my feats and gear.
    edited July 2013
    now lashing blade does 45k damage...its getting more and more

when you gonna stop and provide some proof? :)
    edited July 2013
    and now tell him to remove those 7 tenebrous enchantments and let him crit again

and whoppdidoo oyull notice that its not the class, its the enchantments

As I said before he isn't really geared and uses a normal vorpal. Also NO ONE in my guild uses Tene's or anything else that is broke and bugged. We don't play that way and are all for them fixing the Tene enchants. So you have assumed wrong.
    edited July 2013
    now lashing blade does 45k damage...its getting more and more

when you gonna stop and provide some proof? :)

Please not have a flame ill explain. Lashing blade normal damage 20-35k then multiply that by 2 = 40-70k I was talking about how Knights challenge can back fire and is a risky skill. I have cast it at the wrong time and got hit on my GF for 45k it happens double damage is rough.
    edited July 2013
    Lashing blade normal damage 20-35k

normal as in combination with a daily, one or two passives and an unmovable target

doesnt sound like normal circumstances
    edited July 2013
    normal as in combination with a daily, one or two passives and an unmovable target

doesnt sound like normal circumstances

Maybe I can phrase it better for you extremely common. As the rogue I play with on Skype says ohh 25k lashing ohhh 32k lashing. ohhh 28k lashing. over and over again I can see the picture here it hits very hard and for 20-35k pretty consistently. These are the facts take them or leave them up to you. Trying not to go back and forth because I like for a good discussion.

I understand that these changes to a broken class can be annoying but something has to be done for the good of the game so players can enjoy it. Also in PvE something needs to be done so class roles are functioning properly in dungeons and the make up isn't double or 3 rogues.
    edited July 2013
    so just cause your friend has good gear, you want the class to get nerfed...i see

not to mention that i could also claim to have a DC as friend who instagibs everyone with 40k hits and youll have to believe me that as well :)
  • hinairusuhinairusu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    Change LA: 15% dmg to players, 60% to mobs.
    Revert DF nerfs.

Leave CoS consuming stealth bar in. Remove it from DF/SF.

To be honest, this is what I would consider the best fix. PvP gets most of the problem fixed, and the PvE aspects get a little more breathing space.
    edited July 2013
    hinairusu wrote: »
    To be honest, this is what I would consider the best fix. PvP gets most of the problem fixed, and the PvE aspects get a little more breathing space.

I agree completely. This patch is the patch I really am looking forward too. This has renewed a lot of players drive to keep playing and maybe come back if they had left.
  • foulsmell1foulsmell1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013

in back to back 5v5s I was 1-shotted, 1st one was 29k and change, very next battle 30k and change and I am a DC. those were the only ones I bothered to stop and look at the combat log. it doesn't matter how they got the 30k hits, fact is they do get them. I can assure you, I don't get 30k heals off.
    edited July 2013
    so you are ok with GWF, CW and GF nerfs too?
    cause they can hit those numbers too...yet i wonder...where are your posts about that? why only the rogue hate when the other classes can do that too?
  • skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    As I said before he isn't really geared and uses a normal vorpal. Also NO ONE in my guild uses Tene's or anything else that is broke and bugged. We don't play that way and are all for them fixing the Tene enchants. So you have assumed wrong.

They wont fix tene enchants because there is nothing to fix on them. They've already increased the timer on how often they proc, not to mention they wont nerf or reduce these types of enchantments when they get people spending a lot of real cash on keys to unlock lesser tenebrous. Wishful thinking though dude. I'll still one shot your a$$. Gives you more opportunity to post on the TR threads and cry more.
    edited July 2013
    in back to back 5v5s I was 1-shotted, 1st one was 29k and change, very next battle 30k and change and I am a DC. those were the only ones I bothered to stop and look at the combat log. it doesn't matter how they got the 30k hits, fact is they do get them. I can assure you, I don't get 30k heals off.

The problem. The cleric I run with was getting 1 shot by this rogue the whole match nothing we could do we new he was there then my DC was dead. He wasn't happy and we were reconfirming that we can't wait for the rogue class to be fixed. I don't get how they think they are even close to fine right now.
    edited July 2013
    cause they can hit those numbers too...yet i wonder...where are your posts about that? why only the rogue hate when the other classes can do that too?

Rogues are getting adjust to bring them down to the lvl of all the other classes. If you nerf the other classes you would have to adjust rogue again. The problem is that rogues are above all the other classes and if you can't see that then that's ok. Everyone else can though.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem. The cleric I run with was getting 1 shot by this rogue the whole match nothing we could do we new he was there then my DC was dead. He wasn't happy and we were reconfirming that we can't wait for the rogue class to be fixed. I don't get how they think they are even close to fine right now.

Your DC friend must have terribad gear and suck :D
    edited July 2013
    thesakari wrote: »
    Your DC friend must have terribad gear and suck :D

All DCs can get 1 or 2 shot by a rogue gear doesn't change it. He has top end gear makes no difference.
    edited July 2013
    skreechr wrote: »
    They wont fix tene enchants because there is nothing to fix on them. They've already increased the timer on how often they proc, not to mention they wont nerf or reduce these types of enchantments when they get people spending a lot of real cash on keys to unlock lesser tenebrous. Wishful thinking though dude. I'll still one shot your a$$. Gives you more opportunity to post on the TR threads and cry more.

You also probably think that rogues weren't broke and didn't need to be fixed either. Tene's are broke I think a fix for them would be to totally rework how they function. I have a couple ideas.

1. Make it so only 1 tene per character can be worn. Its a rare enchant that is supposed to boost some damage not be all your damage. Of course if they do that then they can maybe change the % or damage since only 1 per toon can be worn.

2. Change Tene's from Necrotic damage to poison or fire damage and allow def mitigation to reduce the damage that they do.

When you have player not utilizing any stats but stacking Tene's and green HP gear for the procs its pretty broken. Just not as broken as when the ICD was at 5 seconds. Either of the adjustments I listed would help and no build should be around a broken enchants which there are tons of mainly GWF.
  • roguenerfbatmanroguenerfbatman Banned Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You also probably think that rogues weren't broke and didn't need to be fixed either. Tene's are broke I think a fix for them would be to totally rework how they function. I have a couple ideas.

1. Make it so only 1 tene per character can be worn. Its a rare enchant that is supposed to boost some damage not be all your damage. Of course if they do that then they can maybe change the % or damage since only 1 per toon can be worn.

2. Change Tene's from Necrotic damage to poison or fire damage and allow def mitigation to reduce the damage that they do.

When you have player not utilizing any stats but stacking Tene's and green HP gear for the procs its pretty broken. Just not as broken as when the ICD was at 5 seconds. Either of the adjustments I listed would help and no build should be around a broken enchants which there are tons of mainly GWF.

Agreed tenes break pvp. High mitigation high health should be lowered damage but with tenes it throws it out of wack. Btw because i am agreeing with you again the rogues will think its you posting lol. Sorry bud.
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Except that GF can block 100% of that double damage (if the enemy is even standing, a good GF would have them prone), not to mention if you take trample the fallen and prone them before you knight's challenge + lunge it can hit for a lot more than 28k

Sry dude but you are totally wrong.

1) Each other class is able to dodge GF attacks (except GWF)
    2) again: every 10th(!) Knights Challenge might result in devastating hits, each other class got much higher chances for critival hits
    3) while shield is up, the GF is moving slowly, everyone is able to run away easily!
    4) while using Knights Challenge, a GF has to replace a CC skill - less CC skills = easier to dodge
    5) in case that the GF is that stupid that he replaced lunging strike: Dodge/run away and laugh...! because he cant close the gap any longer.
    6) if the GF is using knights challenge, he wont raise his shield, because he wants to hit you imediatelly! So 50:50 chance for first hit.
    7) Knights challenge is a **** **** skill because of its disadvantiges which are obvious!
    8) your "story" was like: "CC skill (prone enemy) -> Knights Challenge -> Other skill" well, thats bullsh*t because of the low crit chance of a GF, the last encounter must(!) be a critical or the knights challenge has been wasted. But thats not all: if the GF is not hitting critically, the GF has no more encounters but knights challenge is still active and EACH enemy (even the most stupid player on this planet) is able to kill the GF easily!

Instead of presenting stupid fairy tales, you should play a GF so that you might be able to understand the class and the fact that knight challenge is one of the most useless PvP skills.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • roguenerfbatmanroguenerfbatman Banned Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Nah those nerfs were not good for those classes when they got them ( Gwf rebuffed now though). I note you never once said a nerf to another class was unfair. All you ever said was Lrn2play

Dude lrn2play.
  • sreredrumsreredrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is very disappointing news. I'm not a people person and just like to get out of my head in a solo kill-athon/farmfest here and there and all I have are 2 60 rogues. (2nd being a decent stealther i just freaking finished gearing with t1 yesturday...)
    Guess I might have to dust off D2 yet again.
This discussion has been closed.