What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.19

Comments

• Options
    nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah what exactly are these real issues? You should be glad that they are fixing things actively something that isnt happening in some of the p2p games.
    So far everything about this game and the developers is better, alot better than i expected.
    Good stuff.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix the need/greed loot ninjas and afk bots in pvp.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    iraklichiraklich Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we need " Zoom and Zoom out "
  • Options
    thylane69thylane69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love it if the advanced AH search worked properly especially when you pick item levels
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently adding level restrictions to searches in the auction house does nothing at all. ETA on a fix for that?

level restrictions always work for me in AH, jsut type them in and hit search and it does it. what does annoy me in AH is that none of the column sort option work - price-expiry-name nothing happens clicking on the columns to sort.
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • Options
    crazydavey804crazydavey804 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would the real issues be?

Well there is the issue of not being able to see your friend's level on the social screen. I think that is a huge over-site and needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rojjin wrote: »
    why were dungeon delve chests changed to give loot equal to dungeon level and not character
    Isnt that the obvious way to go? Max lvl character in lowest dungeon gets max lvl loot? No no..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zerafox0 wrote: »
    You know you can earn zen ingame right? So don't go complaining that you've spent too much on zen already. Why not work for it instead? Thats what the rest of us who can't afford to fork over real cash have to do, it's not that bad.

I'd like it if they'd stop holding onto our bids for like ever after we've been outbid on AH. I bid quite a big of Astral Diamonds today, only to be outbid about a half hour later. I'm still waiting to get them back, several hours later...
    that last part just reminded me of the mushroom contest, you collect them and after the event still have them, then they are slowly taken from you by the system, 1 at a time over the next 2-3 hours lol
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    My DEAR Neverwinter developers, please, read this:
    1) Modify the difficulty of the last boss in the Lair of The Dragon instance (or however it's called)
    2) Insert dungeon quests that will actually give some decent reward for every dungeon, it WILL make people play dungeons more often
    3) Improve the queue system...
    ..and you will make me, and probably many, happy ^^
    Cheers, love you guys

Seconded.

I would also add to number three.

Here is a list of specific improvements to the queue system that will make it better.

1. Five person group - 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 DPS. (Note: because of your queue system I've actually successfully run some dungeons with no healer or tank and maybe that's why you don't have any class requirements, but typical tank, heals DPS is usually far less hectic (fun). I would pint you to SWTOR's queuing system where you can set your "type" and the queue system would then build up groups. If you envision all of your dungeons as "able to be run without a tank" then that's fine and you could alter your matching program , but going into a dungeon without heals is rarely a good idea, unless you want to burn a metric ton of potions and still potentially fail.

2. When someone leaves a dungeon, at any point, you should allow the group leader to requeue the group to get a replacement or invite a friend/guildee, who can then join them in progress, so they can finish the dungeon. I find it highly unfair to the people left behind to have to start the whole process over. (Again, I would look at how SWTOR's queue system works where you can vote a person out of an instance, and/or replace people who DC or just simply bail for some reason.) If you don't want to allow the new person to gain credit for finishing the quest fine, but I think that them getting credit for completing the dungeon, even though they didn't run the entire thing is fair, because they also didnt' get any of the loot for the boss(es) they missed, so if they hadn't done it before they can run it again, if they want, to get the "full experience".

Also, I agree wholeheartedly on number one from the OP quoted here. Dragons should be very difficult to kill, but the MAd Dragon encounter is beyond insane.

Oddly enough, that leads me to fixing healing agro. Something, mechanically, needs to be done to adjust this, whether it's allowing a Guardian Fighter to "guard" a cleric to reduce their healing agro or just a simple agro generation fix, I find it hard to believe that this mechanic isn't seriously broken. As an example, I had an RL friend of mine start playing and we went through a Foundry together, Me a 54 CW and him an L9 Cleric. Everything in there was L54, which is perfectly fine. However, when he pulls a mob off of me, after I've done over half it's life in damage to it, because he healed me for 250 life, I find that to be a problem. Admittedly, a level 9 should be wandering around an L54 dungeon but I was just introducing him to a really great Foundry quest and he was staying way in the back to avoid any AE's. I understand that was very boring for him, which is why he started healing me for something to do. Still, he should never have been able to pull agro off of me, ever, ever, ever with the fraction-of-a-percent of my life he was restoring. In summary, please fix this.

Also, I'll chime in on asking you to fix your AH. Its search options are mostly useless because level ranges supplied are ignored, so while I may get a macro set of what I'm looking for, I don't really want to wade through multiple pages of items that are too low of a level for me to find useful, to find the few items that are what I want. Kudo's to having the "Useable by Me" button work though, that at least eliminates all the higher level items.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    quincentquincent Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, it was kinda annoying to have those boxes without doing anything with them... -.-''
  • Options
    mcsasquatch24mcsasquatch24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we should have damage immunity when talking to quest givers. If you're reading this dev team please add this feature.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    As the game ages, the price for Zen will also come down. This is how it was in STO... Zen right now are a high commodity so they are expensive, as more people sell then the demand will drop and the price per zen will too.
    indeed, i have been playing for a week and the price has already dropped 20% - always the way in games prices always drop
  • Options
    ericthekeiericthekei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone else mentioned -- "empty" chests are actually giving out items -- BUT Dungeon Delves have been messed up since last week even at low levels ~_~ No bonus items, just the main one.
    Fortunately though, when deleting one message it deleted both. .
    I lost out on astrals from an "auction outbid" return mail because of this yesterday, when it deleted too many incoming mails with a single click.
    why is that? ...Am i missing something that makes me not understand the logic behind silent fixes at all?
    My best guess -- and this applies to silent fixes from any company, in any game:

While some are probably important (say, alterations to monster pathing and AI), many are likely to be little things that most people honestly could not care less about. For example, pathing on the generic NPCs in town that you can't interact with anyway...Moving a reward chest in PE 4 "feet" to the left so that it no longer has plants clipping into it...Making the sky 3% darker blue at certain times of day...Also, things like typo fixes/making sure the text matches what the NPC voiceover says, or Lore entries having that occasional half-second hitch when acquiring them, where it shows the internal object name rather than the in-game description.

Then again, some are probably also exploit fixes.
    coldsoul69 wrote: »
    You guys really need to extend downtime to get the serious issues fixed, I don't really see what you can accomplish in 1.5 hours
    Upload the patch they've probably been actually writing for the prior day or two, maybe? I would imagine that a good chunk of that time is taken up by safely taking all of the servers down and bringing them back up, however.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    seeing everyone talk about mail, one thing i noticed, first few time si went to collect my AD from mail, is if you delete one report, it deletes the attachments on all mail in your whole inbox - so i have to take allt he atatchments first, then delete them, and hope nothing comes through while im doing it - or jsut leave them all to clog up the system
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is that? this seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do that only increases the amount of whining in forums and enraged preemptitive abandons by players. Am i missing something that makes me not understand the logic behind silent fixes at all?

silent fixes, ar e"silent" because they KNOW, a majority of the player base will whine if they post things like,:

loot X now has a 0.01% less chance to drop
    increased the drop rate on 2copper loot drops to compensate

clas X power Y, now has Z% less effectiveness against K (balance tweak)
    ________

belive it when I say, if their "silent fix" was something they thought over 50% of the players would like (or was something that was edited so much that players would know easily)

then they would say what it was.
    ________

also each post of fixes/maintenance, may have "silent fixes" left out of notes even though they was added during that patch.

think of it as patch note:

baked the players 2 dozen cookies

*actually what happened:

baked the players 4 dozen cookies but ate 2 dozen.
  • Options
    sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    So um, when are you guys going to fix the dungeon delve bug in idris epic. Chest not giving any loot even when event's running?

^ This! I need my chest set piece! Please fix Idris!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Quests and Environments
    Foundry
    • Kill XP limiters have been improved and relaxed.
    • Reporting Terms of Service violations can once again only be reported after completing a Foundry quest.
    • Encounters in Foundry quests that use the "Feign Death" behavior are now targetable once the encounter is active.

You still need to add a search function to the review tab. Finding my friends quests to try them out for him is impossible.
    Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    jorric wrote: »
    I agree, Enchanted keys should also be purchased with AD instead of Zen, cause the Zen exchange just don't work. People are asking way too much AD for Zen.

I think when you are the one spending YOUR real money for Zen, then you can have a say in "what is too much". If you don't like the prices, then don't trade your AD for Zen. If enough people agree with you, then eventually, the conversion ratio will be lowered. However, when I look at the Zen/AD exchange and see that the asking price low and the WTB price high are only 5-10 Zen apart, it makes me believe that for now, the selling/buying prices are relatively reasonable, to most people participating in the exchange.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    xymmxymm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is a sad day when the best part of the patch is the ability to discard nightmare lockboxes.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ericthekei wrote: »
    I lost out on astrals from an "auction outbid" return mail because of this yesterday, when it deleted too many incoming mails with a single click.

I haven't lost anything, but rather than reading one message, taking item and deleting, I read/take all then I start deleting. Mostly because deleting is what causes the duplication and I don't want to sift through double the posts to start off with. I also don't reselect messages and just let the next message selected be deleted after my last delete. I one had a item just sell when I was deleting and was able to recognize I needed to loot before deleting using that method.
    ericthekei wrote: »
    As someone else mentioned -- "empty" chests are actually giving out items -- BUT Dungeon Delves have been messed up since last week even at low levels ~_~ No bonus items, just the main one.

Because this happened to me more than once, I actually checked my inventory first, clicked chest and checked it again. Unless it was something stackable I didn't notice, then I didn't get anything. So far, I've found the chest rewards lacking. I was hoping to get the blue chain shirt at some point, but as far as I've seen through the 6 or so runs in Idris, it never came up while the blue items like amulet or sorrow and gauntlets of anger (not sure about exact names) came up almost every time. You can buy these at the AH for very cheep.. like 100 AD.
  • Options
    kaarthuul2kaarthuul2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently adding level restrictions to searches in the auction house does nothing at all. ETA on a fix for that?

Agreed, I noticed this little bug too, wouldn't be too bad if you could sort the search by level but you can't do that either.
  • Options
    bforce11bforce11 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about world Peace, government conspiracies and or economic inequality :)

You forgot global warming! :p
  • Options
    kaarthuul2kaarthuul2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwalahad wrote: »
    seeing everyone talk about mail, one thing i noticed, first few time si went to collect my AD from mail, is if you delete one report, it deletes the attachments on all mail in your whole inbox - so i have to take allt he atatchments first, then delete them, and hope nothing comes through while im doing it - or jsut leave them all to clog up the system

Strange, I use the Mail everyday as I have been opening a lot of Nightmare boxes and putting stuff in the AH. To date I have opened each one, taken the AD and then deleted it. I have not lost one yet but I have noticed I get two mails for each item sold, one with AD and one without?
  • Options
    limerishlimerish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another note about auction... it would be nice if it had a buyout feature... where you can buy item immediately, without waiting 4 days. that would be useful for leveling gear.... and other stuff... just because you might just not need that level 32 chest after 4 days when you win an auction... because you would be waaaay over level for it :P
  • Options
    difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    limerish wrote: »
    another note about auction... it would be nice if it had a buyout feature... where you can buy item immediately, without waiting 4 days. that would be useful for leveling gear.... and other stuff... just because you might just not need that level 32 chest after 4 days when you win an auction... because you would be waaaay over level for it :P

Uhm.. there is a Buyout feature. Haven't you seen the button next to Bid (even if grayed out)? If you don't list a buyout amount, you can't currently buyout that item but most people do list a Buyout amount.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    limerish wrote: »

The poster is responsible for putting a buyout amount. If they don't put one, then you'll have to wait. What I would like is to be able to recall an item up for auction if no bids have been made.
  • Options
    evilweazzelevilweazzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I agree. There should definitely be more than one option for people when it comes to the basic needs of a game; Respecs, feats, speed on mounts.
  • Options
    serudis1serudis1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is all well and good, but when does the Android/iOS app come out so we can chat with our friends on the go? =P
  • Options
    difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    serudis1 wrote: »
    This is all well and good, but when does the Android/iOS app come out so we can chat with our friends on the go? =P

Oh gawd.. Zone chat on my phone! *weeps*
  • Options
    myth211myth211 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what would be really nice....Is if you guys would actually fix the **** server not responding bull**** and the disconnecting bull****.
This discussion has been closed.