test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this the most disastrous MMO launch in history?

Comments

• Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF, useless? Maybe you just don't know how to play the class. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    steveidzsteveidz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People need to get out of the I played wow four years after it came out and that's what I base all online mmo's off. I have played a ton of games more then I can remember cause of 1 week or less of play cause of horrid UI. Bugs,Exploits are why games go open beta. Testers can only test a game so much before they bleed out the tear ducts. Sorry you people never played online games in dos that is where the fun was when a glitch would be exploited. So calm down take 2 3 more of A.D.D meds like me. Eat a cookie. Smoke some crack. Whatever it takes to relax. Go to sleep.
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    GWF, useless? Maybe you just don't know how to play the class. :)

nice try, GF fan
  • Options
    arsen1981arsen1981 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well what i learned from all the MMO
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    warhammer didnt even launch from the disc in oceanic region just saying!
  • Options
    goltrimgoltrim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strange that ppl focuse on the launch problem when the game has so much bigger issues, like where is the feeling of D&D? where is the open world pvp ? where is that epic feeling u got playing the classic paper and pen game i did back in the 80:s? I played pretty much all MMO:s since the begininning of time and this game isent more like D&D then any other fantasymmo out there, only thing uniqe bout this game is that EVERYTHING in it cost real money. I personally would much rather pay either 60bucks for a boxed game or even a monthly fee for a game that was made with some love for the original and the intent of making fans happy and actually felt like a real D&D experiance, this game is way to linear and and much to similar to Farmville in its pay for everything mentality but with some uber unballanced pvp. Forget about exploits and launche problems, focus on making a true epic D&D game. In the games trailer a voice says: Made by D&D fans for D&D fans, lol more like : Made by ZYNGA fans for ppl that likes to play Rogues.....

flame on:
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    goltrim wrote: »
    strange that ppl focuse on the launch problem when the game has so much bigger issues, like where is the feeling of D&D? where is the open world pvp ? where is that epic feeling u got playing the classic paper and pen game i did back in the 80:s? I played pretty much all MMO:s since the begininning of time and this game isent more like D&D then any other fantasymmo out there, only thing uniqe bout this game is that EVERYTHING in it cost real money. I personally would much rather pay either 60bucks for a boxed game or even a monthly fee for a game that was made with some love for the original and the intent of making fans happy and actually felt like a real D&D experiance, this game is way to linear and and much to similar to Farmville in its pay for everything mentality but with some uber unballanced pvp. Forget about exploits and launche problems, focus on making a true epic D&D game. In the games trailer a voice says: Made by D&D fans for D&D fans, lol more like : Made by ZYNGA fans for ppl that likes to play Rogues.....

You confused this with DDO.

Common mistake.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    yaminaboyaminabo Member, Banned Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    many QQ lo0L, ragequitters, leave
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No the most disastrous mmo launch belongs to Champions Online :P
  • Options
    ajcorbajcorb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drexl420 wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen an MMO launch with this much maintenance (every day? seriously?), this much class imbalance (useless GF/GWF, too much heal aggro, etc.), and this many exploits.

And before you say to me, oh it's not a launch its still beta, PUH-LEASE wake up and smell the roses this game is full soft launch in every way imaginable, Cryptic only calls it a beta cos they dont want to be held liable for any bugs that are found.

LOL guess you never played diablo 3 then. first week no one could even login as error 3 was stopping everyone cos blizzard had <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> servers which couldn't cope. so no this isnt the most disastrous launch. if you dont like it go back and play with "my little pony"
  • Options
    yaminaboyaminabo Member, Banned Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    60 gf 13k gs looking for guild- dragon server
  • Options
    nexxisssnexxisss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many of those other MMO's actually devalued the RL money and/or time you had in the game? How many of them forced rollbacks on the players? How many charged RL money while in Beta? How many of those MMOs could you defraud the auction house in and get as much money as you wanted in just a couple of second? How many had a class that could one hit bosses? How many had players with hundreds of pieces of top tier gear in just a couple of weeks. How many have totally destroyed their economy before the game is even live?

We know all MMO's are going to have a queue for the first week thats just MMOs. We know they will have minor bugs like being unable to finish a quest. D3 was bad but not as bad as people try to make out! Simcity was terrible and still is so maybe the worst. WoW was 8 years ago when people were still learning what to expect with an MMO launch. I don't know if NW is the worst launch but its not pretty!
  • Options
    ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nexxisss wrote: »
    How many of those other MMO's actually devalued the RL money and/or time you had in the game? How many of them forced rollbacks on the players? How many charged RL money while in Beta? . How many have totally destroyed their economy before the game is even live?

Try Warframe.
  • Options
    thomjakthomjak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still beta!
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ishaan2000 wrote: »
    yeah I find this hard to believe TBH. Alot of games have exploits, hackers and cheaters find one way or another to get into ANY game they want. And now that Cryptic is trying to fix this, they all throw a hissy fit. There have been worse exploits in other games. People need to relax.

I mean c'mon dude...

i think this exploit in this game is worse one ever tbh beingable to give u self full t3 full enchantments and every thing in game with none work is pritty big
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think I've seen an MMO launch with this much maintenance (every day? seriously?), this much class imbalance (useless GF/GWF, too much heal aggro, etc.), and this many exploits.

And before you say to me, oh it's not a launch its still beta, PUH-LEASE wake up and smell the roses this game is full soft launch in every way imaginable, Cryptic only calls it a beta cos they dont want to be held liable for any bugs that are found.

Nope. Not even close.

I wouldn't say it rates as one of the best either, but I can think of a lot of other mmos that had a worse launch. Much worse...like not even in the same ballpark worse...

Overall I think their launch is subpar in several areas but that doesn't equate to the disaster other mmos had such as AoC and TCoS.
  • Options
    antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thomjak wrote: »
    still beta!

still successful!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

OOOOKAYYYYYY there kiddo...

mindisfullofwat_zpsed8a3711.jpg
  • Options
    ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antonn13 wrote: »
    still successful!

Still need ETA on down servers ! :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

Jeez dude, just think. If you aren't intentionally trying to get yourself banned, then when the mods read this, you will be BANNED from the game, and so you are gonna be pissed even more.

So I'd avoid pasting this **** in every thread.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still stuck on the fact that the official response was the exploiters were just Nashers...:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was there for Everquest day 1. I'm not sure if it was game wide or just my server, but we had ZERO mobs spawned for the entire first day of game-play.

I think that takes the cake for worst opening to an MMO I've ever seen.
  • Options
    goltrimgoltrim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    You confused this with DDO.

Common mistake.

Yes since the game had the words "Dungeons and Dragons" in its title i tought it actually had something to do with the original game, my bad...;)
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    goltrim wrote: »
    Yes since the game had the words "Dungeons and Dragons" in its title i tought it actually had something to do with the original game, my bad...;)

It has more in common with Shadow over Mystara, actually.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    far from it, despite what people say its BETA, and it has not been officially launched yet!

Beta title is there to WARN you of the risks, its still your choice if you put money into it... game can change direction at any time as its still beta.... if they wanted they could suddenly turn game into a fps (obv they wouldn't but just example)... and to be quite honest, even tho its inconvenient.... they made the right choice with a roleback.

Rollback was the only way to fix the economy that was messed up by cheaters and exploiters, additionally the fact they taken such a drastic reaction will put fear into community over the use of exploits, and they wont wish there gameplay to be ruined again by other exploiters, and will be much more keen to report such violatons.

I say rollback was a good move even tho i got do full days work again on my characters
  • Options
    corporation01corporation01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could be the shortest played MMO in history, or at least challenging for that title.
  • Options
    kennyfinnkennyfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I'm going to compare this to the Guild Wars 2 launch as so many people like to point out how much better it is. When Guild Wars 2 launched there was so many problems it was funny, half of the areas in the game were broken and couldn't be finished. At least Cryptic fixes it problems quickly most of those same areas were still broken a month after launch.

There was no way to safely trade at launch because their auction house system was no where near ready. The only way to trade was through the mail system and hope the person you were trading with was honest because if they weren't? To bad you lost your items for nothing in exchange and nothing could be done about it. So the only method of trading was completely broken for the first week. The second week it only worked at very short intervals and for the rest of the first month it would still go down. At least on here there is a safe way to trade with other players without the auction house.

Now I don't know how many people who use GW2 as a example for end game but here is what was wrong with it early after launch (I was at end game in a week and a half). The end zones in GW2 were for the first month, WERE THE MOST WORTHLESS ZONES EVER. There was one thing you could do from level 70-80 in GW2 in the open world and that was zerg from one mini boss to the next until the world boss spawned. Not a single person spent their time doing anything but zerging in the endzones and this ment if you broke away from the zerg you would surely get swamped by the zombies and die. Oh did I mention that the only thing in end zones was zombies. Yeah cool variety there.

Also one of the big draws was the massive player pvp. Servers fighting servers. Oh but they forgot to mention the best part, their is no limit to the number of players a server could have in a area and the server matchmaking system was non existent at the start. This ment if you were on a server with a fewer population, you were screwed and would get ratios like 9:7:2 this means for every two people from your server, there would be 9 or 7 from another. This would lead to you getting stomped into the dirt. Now this got fixed over time and better evened out, but it took time. That's something a lot of people seem to not want to give this game.

There were also exploits where people would set up their characters to auto attack in one direction or a mini bosses spawn which would stop players being able to complete that certain area. A lot of these took well near two weeks to fix. That's a much slower response than Cryptic.

There were also other minor problems to go with these but I've written enough. People may think I'm just hating on GW2. I would like to point out I'm not. I think it's a excellent game that everyone should try. I am just pointing out that it also had serious issues at launch. The difference between it and Neverwinter is that a had to pay 60 dollars to play it and Neverwinter is free.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kennyfinn wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to compare this to the Guild Wars 2 launch as so many people like to point out how much better it is. When Guild Wars 2 launched there was so many problems it was funny, half of the areas in the game were broken and couldn't be finished. At least Cryptic fixes it problems quickly most of those same areas were still broken a month after launch.

I rarely ran into any issues at all with GW2 outside the fact it had one of the worst personal story designs and dungeon gameplay I have seen in a long time in an mmo.

Far as bugs and exploits go though GW2 was a rather smooth launch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    loltabularasalol
  • Options
    mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

Must not have played Vanguard, Xyson, Champions, Conan, or a few others I can think of..:)