Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mddoughts wrote: »
    I pay for my games because I like my game developers to be able to feed their families. I like to pay for the content that I get because it means I might get more content like it later.

Where's the upvote button??.. you sir have the right mentality.
  • Options
    lolnewblolnewb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kassadis wrote: »
    couldn't help but notice Join Date
    May 2013 seems to be the same with all positive feedback

Seriously, what's your point here?
  • Options
    mastertyphonmastertyphon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrkkos wrote: »
    Free Cats for all!!!

Now that would be awesome.
  • Options
    theybintheybin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do whatcha gotta do..
    Lets just get the dang thing up & running again~
    Tired of checkin on here for updates on when it'll be up again and sifting through all this crying to the company and bickering between eachother over a video game.
  • Options
    talvos38talvos38 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a friend that didn't know about the exploit, when zen prices where jumping everywhere he made a good ammount of ad buying zen low and then reselling it at a higher price thinking it was just natural market fluctuating, i imagine the same happened to other people. I am wondering what/if anything will be done to his account, or if he will just lose what he thought was a lucky gamble on the market?
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    Wow a grammar troll. Haven't met those before. STFU as no one was even addressing you

But I'm addressing you. And I'm telling you that if you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" then it's not your place in life to call anyone else stupid. Your place in life is sitting in a remedial English class.
  • Options
    slaughterfallslaughterfall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bobnobob wrote: »
    L-L-LOL W-W-WHAT A TROLL!

Why, hello there perfect world employee.

Says the guy whose join date is also May 2013? My eyes are rolling into the back of my head. Do you think PWE couldn't change a forum account's join date if they wanted to?

(Yes, I am aware my join date is also May 2013.)
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmnyx wrote: »

I think it was preplanned by PWE. If it is otherwise PWE should fire the employees who didn't do their work properly and cause exploit. But I think PWE can't do it because if they do those employees will declere this exploit is encourased by PWE himself as a plot to get more money in short time.

Personally I don't want to see a ban list, it is totaly null and void, those who get banned would only lose few hours of work from their life, I want to see identities of real people who got fired.

Only actions taken in real life can prove PWE is a serious company who don't set such plot for quick money.

Some one might be spending a little too much time on those conspiracy websites, just sayin!
  • Options
    tujunitujuni Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a beta...just wipe it and fix it - ban exploiters...problem solved....
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    They should give a cat companion to everyone. So who bought with the explited AD won't have any real advantage

After the rollback, WHAT cat companions? Lol, i joke.. somewhat. But were there really THAT many to be see before the rollback? THose before the rollback window, if you read the FAQ, will be dealt with case by case.
  • Options
    demmitridemmitri Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bring the dammmmmmmmmmmneeeeeeeeed server baaaaaaack!
  • Options
    run3wolfrun3wolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server wipe...server wipe....SERVER WIPE SERVER WIPE.... DO ETT U GREEDY TURDS !!!!
  • Options
    shadowbug2013shadowbug2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still want to know how do I get my astral diamonds back from the exchange with it down. I have like 90k up to purchase zen, while not much especially in light of exploiter cheating a holes....it is all I have and now it is inaccessible with no hopes of getting zen or being able to use it for anything else thanks to as you say a "very small group of people"
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    Are you kidding. He looks like Bond right now. He screwed over gold sellers. Despite the fact that everyone else suffered minor inconveniences, this man is a hero to F2P games everywhere. He is a martyr and his account will be gone, but the fact that he stuck it to a bunch of gold sellers whose accounts will most likely be banned is a benefit to PWE. If developers would actually do this on purpose, and have a player duping and selling to a gold seller only to wipe out their accounts for breaking rules it would be the ultimate deterrent to 3rd party sales.

****I'm getting sick of my replies not showing up with quotes because it has me in the wrong response window. This was a response to the guy making $6000 looking like a bond villain.

I don't understand why gaming companies don't use this practice. They can literally create currency out of thin air with a simple command or addition to a database they have full access to. Create character, create currency, find gold buyer website, sell to them repeatedly from various accounts to find a bunch of accounts/ip addresses to track usage through, and shut them down. Keep doing this repeatedly until these companies have lost so much money they can't stay open. Also you can keep the money they give you for selling the currency to them! LOL. ??? profit!
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talvos38 wrote: »
    I have a friend that didn't know about the exploit, when zen prices where jumping everywhere he made a good ammount of ad buying zen low and then reselling it at a higher price thinking it was just natural market fluctuating, i imagine the same happened to other people. I am wondering what/if anything will be done to his account, or if he will just lose what he thought was a lucky gamble on the market?

It's all gone as it should be.
  • Options
    squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    by dezstavus
    Thanks in no small part to the efforts of our continually amazing Beta community

Props for being able to say this with so much negativity on the forums. Also, a hat tip to all the community members who have positive input or constructive criticism.
  • Options
    infexominfexom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all you broke a** bums talking nonsense about people who bought the early access pack:

Who the f*ck are you to tell us how to spend OUR money? You didn't make it, you aren't spending it, so shut your mouth. Instead of sitting back giving your utterly worthless opinion about how we distribute our cash, perhaps you should get a better paying job so 200 bucks won't determine whether you get to pay your light bill this month.

Also, for the dipsh*ts that will claim to have soo much money, but refusing to spend it on a game... so what? You don't see us saying you are stupid for saving, so why are you whining and trying (poorly) to insult us for spending? I mean, it 200 dollars. I spent more than that on dog food. Most people spend more than that on an impulse buy at Walmart. Get a better job
  • Options
    mastertyphonmastertyphon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know right?

I've only been playing since the beginning of May, like all my friends... when was Open Beta announced? um April 30th...
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cameirus wrote: »
    This is totally unacceptable.

Roll backs in games due to issues like this is totally and completely wrong.

You as developers messed up, you released a game in beta, and allowed real money purchases in order to get money in, and it was not ready, now players who spent money on the game legitimately will suffer.

The onus should be on you to find and punish exploiters individually rather than roll back servers.
    It should be pretty easy if the exploit was as bad as you say to find out who was doing it and just target them.

I just dropped money on the founders pack as I was liking the game, but I'd never have done so if I knew this woudl happen< I am feeling pretty bad about spending money on this game now, and certainaly will never do so again. Right now I'm questioning whether I even continue playing anymore.

Since the rollback is to reverse the effects of the exploit explosion, and since all affected Zen & such will be refunded to legit players, most of your complaints aren't entirely valid. It's also fairly obvious that you didn't actually read the dev posts (like the first one on this thread) concerning these things before falling into histrionics.

But hey, if you don't want your Founder account anymore, one of us will gladly take it off your hands.
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    dmnyx wrote: »
    Well I regret the money I spent on this game. This AH exploit apparently schemed by PWE staff it self. Since they say they are tracking exploiters and only taking precaution with 1 day roll back.
    1st they should those employees who didn't do their job properly at close beta by not evaluating player feedbacks on AD exploit.
    2nd Clearly, the ones that did 8000USD etc. is their own employees;
    Becuase look; you are a simply employee working with wage for 1500 USD/month ( maybe even less) and suddenly you receive a secured way to get 1 year work of income in 15 days. . 90% the ones who are incharge of answering tickets are the real exploiters, since they know exactly how to exploit and didn't attemp to fix it it clearify that they exploit it.
    3rd From PWE perspective;
    If more people with glorious horses trilling armor sets appear in short time it will encourage the people who are ambitious and refering to real money for quick solution to pay more. Becuase they can justify the idea "look hundereds of people hanging around with all that staff, think that I'm not the only one paying, I didn't even pay as much as this guy could have done." So PWE win as well.

I think it was preplanned by PWE. If it is otherwise PWE should fire the employees who didn't do their work properly and cause exploit. But I think PWE can't do it because if they do those employees will declere this exploit is encourased by PWE himself as a plot to get more money in short time.

Personally I don't want to see a ban list, it is totaly null and void, those who get banned would only lose few hours of work from their life, I want to see identities of real people who got fired.

Only actions taken in real life can prove PWE is a serious company who don't set such plot for quick money.

yet another tin foil hat wearer morons
  • Options
    jaydannjaydann Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aanuun wrote: »
    I would like a refund due to this. I plan to play/spend money later when the game is released and any chances of this happening in anyway ever again are 99.9% mitigated. To what extent can I have a refund, and would PWI/Cryptic be willing to do this for anyone who is concerned?

We were told, time again, there would be no rollback. And here we are. This was in closed beta, and has been reported. This was in Star Trek Online.

Will you do your fans and dedicated customers who, like myself, have dropped close to $400 US on this game, a huge amount of customer service and offer us a full zen and hero/gaurdian of the north refund? I am really insecure about playing this game from now on, and even more so about paying money into it. Knowing PWI and Cryptic are willing to act in good faith, would go a LONG way.

Thank you for your hard work, time, and communication throughout this.

I also agree with this. I wish people would stop saying "It's only beta" You have taken a small fortune from your gamers in zen charges and founders fees etc. So beta or not we are paying customers. We have been lied to, sold zen under false pretenses. That pretense was that there would be NO ROLL BACK. This was assured. This was the main reason most of us actually purchased zen. Do you really think we would have done so knowing we would have roll backs or character wipes!? So we are to be given a 'sorry pack' unless it's got 50k AD minimum in it - don't bother and goodbye.
  • Options
    nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And yet your join date is May 2013 as well. So your point is....?
  • Options
    nw000nw000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need some eta.
  • Options
    luridmuseluridmuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any estimate on when the servers will be back online?

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame1m
    .@DigitalLuck No ETA on bringing the servers up yet but we are doing group conference in a few minutes to sync up on next steps. -D
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thought we covered this, I am Not a May 2013 person and I still only have positive things to say about the game.
  • Options
    mirimeromirimero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ebloodz wrote: »
    I hope the gift package includes a respec token, that would make me happier than (almost) any amount of AD.

This exactly!
  • Options
    pyrph0r0spyrph0r0s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER WIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and it will be over ffs
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started playing the game and immediately thought that the economy was unbalanced, but put that down to me being new and having oi in-game currencies; now it appears I was right, the economy had been borked since before I started playing.

the economy has been over inflated since day one from the decision put a bunch AD in founder packs.
  • Options
    redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    gothgirl wrote: »
    I still vote to wipe the servers on release.
    They made an announcement that no server wipe will be done after the open beta. If they do it, none will ever trust them, now or in future PWE games.
    They however could keep the actual servers and open new servers, so that who want to have a fresh start, can CHOOSE to.
This discussion has been closed.