What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    evilmasta1evilmasta1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want the hate to stop. {Hands out flowers} Make love, not war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The artist formally known on the forums as @CapsLockRAGE
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I think about 10 of us should just repeatedly post "Stop your nonsense and read the Q&A on the OP"
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerkrage22 wrote: »
    When will the Server be online? (boring right now)

Quoted since I also am looking for a reply.
  • Options
    natemonsterxnatemonsterx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    murdoche wrote: »
    The proper term of a felony is a serious crime like murder but the theft of money would be listed as a misdemeanor actually and depending on how much theft has happened subjects the person to stiffer penalties. Here is the terms of a misdemeanor to the us legal system whcih is who would sue for lost damages considering the company is based in the US. http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/misdemeanor/ Now the main issue is, all those piddly cheating <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are based in countries that have no laws against the hacking going on which is the main problem. So most likely its lost even if they did get the shaft in some ways.

actually there are plenty of "theft of money" and "serious crimes" that don't involve murder that are considered felonies.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kassadis wrote: »
    All of the positive feedback are from new accounts may 2013 rofl!?

Some of us made accounts to comment on stuff that's happening on the game.
    Some have been playing CO or PWI & have only recently joined NW.
    Others, like me, don't normally bother with posting on the official forums because they're full of trolls, self-entitled whiners, and flame wars.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Wow!!! You have to be either the biggest exploiter around or serious fanboy/employee i've ever seen!!

dumb a$$ i am neither. Just tired of all you little butt hurt babies whining all dam night ^_^
  • Options
    n0ut4j4n0ut4j4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together PWE and perform a full wipe. You CANNOT fix an issue that has been around for god knows how long, by a freaking 7 hour rollback. Are you completely insane? You are digging your own grave. This is just... beyond expression.
  • Options
    inspector135711inspector135711 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As for my freshly unlocked nightmare...
    RIP Quicksilver.
    Looks like its back to the rank 1 ol' Sabino.
    QQ
    PS: you guys have the sabino and brindel skin mixed up... I wanted a Brindel(characterized by their rare genetic "tiger" stripe skin pattern") so I had to buy a Sabino.
    look into the two breeds on wikipedia if you need to.
    That alone deserves a fix(once you get the time), considering what 5 gold is to a new player w/o a "founder" or "hero" pack... or exploits.
    -_-
  • Options
    rofltimerofltime Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so I got a shield from the last boss in castle never, I'm assuming it's gone now right?? I was gonna use that gold to buy a cat legit!!!!
  • Options
    tidusthebest90tidusthebest90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit double post
  • Options
    deecrowedeecrowe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to say thanks for getting on this quick and good luck getting a fix going, Finding and Fixing things like this is why Beta Testing exists, Take your time and do what needs to be done!
  • Options
    malcryzmalcryz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never thought I'd say this about a game but... Thank you for the rollback! ^-^'' The irl-time may be lost and I feel bad for those that got rare things from dungeons or Nightmare boxes but in the end, the AD sinks are probably calibrated for smaller amounts and would have taken possibly forever to suck out the AD and return the economy to normal. ;o

Thank you for taking care of this so fast, and thanks for keeping us updated! =)
  • Options
    tarapacatarapaca Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same bug from STO in this game, a year later, and you idiots REALLY believe we're going to let that **** slide? This issue has been APPARENTLY EXPOLITED since CLOSED BETA, ALPHA stages... as per the hundreds of people confirming this on these forums, other forums and on your twitter page you continually keep deleting posts from. Do something about your ALREADY months into failing economy. Seriously. You just shat ALL over your loyal supporters. Obviously the people making the business decisions behind this game are too blind to care about the realistic expectations of their paying customers. Wonder how long it takes PWE to delete this post, in their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> effort to PR spin this.

Better delete it yourself because you make a fool of yourself.
    Its a game. Just a game!
    Relax ...
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know the thing that REALLY annoys me more than anything else about these exploits is that the more time the devs are having to deal with these, the less time they are spending on new classes (especially my BARBARIAN).

**** you exploiters to hell... **** you...:mad:
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have zero sympathy for Cryptic at this point. They knew about this since what was laughably called a CBT. You see if Cryptic was even remotely interesting making a solid, bug free game, and not their usual rush the game out, jack up prices on their cash shop and bank on naive new players song and dance, they would have had a proper closed beta. But they didn't. They decided to use their closed beta as yet another cash grab/publicity stunt.

you can only blame so much on PWE, people tend to forget how inept and greedy Cryptic was prior to being bought by PWE. There is a reason even a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> brand like Atari dumbed them.

Thus, you have the unfinished, unrefined, mess that we have now. They keep making the same mistakes over and over for years.
    But... I won the Armored Nightmare from a lockbox! I'll never get that lucky again!

A: We know how much that would sting. We are looking into ways we can make it better, but we don’t have an exact plan yet. Stay tuned and keep checking here for updates.

Here's a solution. Give them their ****ing mount. There, three weeks of heel dragging and half handed brainstorming avoided.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    waiwarwaiwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can tell you what will happen at this stage... They will act and claim that they have banned all those exploiters, but the truth is .. they banned the minority :) dont worry you will notice that in few days

My pc is Neverwinter free now and if my pc could talk, it would cream ... ''Thank you!''
  • Options
    lolnewblolnewb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kassadis wrote: »
    May 2013 interesting join date its the same with all of the other positive feedback so far anyone else noticing this

What does the join date have to with anything? Just because we joined at a later date doesn't mean we don't have the right to say how much we appreciate the game.
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA on the servers being back up?
  • Options
    lochdannonlochdannon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you guys expect its a free game . Don't have much ground to ***** . Im sure this issue has been dealt with the best they can.
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cant believe you letting people who cheated first and had more 1 account get away Scot free so they gety to keep bills ad they exploited give 3 day roll back so no one has instante win.

or think about new sever where founders still get there head start joke tbh. that ppl profit out of this and your allowing them to.
  • Options
    zinszins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the band aid fix... thanks for the info.. thanks for the hard work...a little pissed at being strung along all day/evening...but oh well! enjoying the game..now can you turn the servers back on..please?...on a side note. would anyone else like to see news headlines tomorrow..Exploiters found dead this morning ,cause of death blunt force trauma to the head caused by a crowbar?? oh and if so.. it wasn't me.. i don't know where they live...yet...
  • Options
    eniaceniac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bravo! The solution sounds to me like an ideal compromise between maximizing repair to the game economy and minimizing inconvenience to the players. Thank you for your efforts, Cryptic and Perfect World! If you follow this up with something substantial in the apology package, you will truly have comported yourselves through this crisis with honor worthy of paladins.
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mddoughts wrote: »
    I pay for my games because I like my game developers to be able to feed their families. I like to pay for the content that I get because it means I might get more content like it later.

I whole heartily agree, but at the same time, I'm not going to start spending money on something that is in a beta. Once the game is in an official launch point though/I'm still playing and interested I might start spending money. I'm not trying to be negative or anything just...warn people I guess, that stuff like this is exactly why you should be extremely hesitant about spending money on something that isn't in an official release. People can say "soft release" all they want, but it's moot, -they- might be confident that it's a soft release or full release or whatever they want to call it, but if the company itself doesn't have that confidence then take it to heart.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    murdoche wrote: »
    The proper term of a felony is a serious crime like murder but the theft of money would be listed as a misdemeanor actually and depending on how much theft has happened subjects the person to stiffer penalties. Here is the terms of a misdemeanor to the us legal system whcih is who would sue for lost damages considering the company is based in the US. http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/misdemeanor/ Now the main issue is, all those piddly cheating <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are based in countries that have no laws against the hacking going on which is the main problem. So most likely its lost even if they did get the shaft in some ways.

Grand larceny. Extortion. Robbery. All felonies.

And many of the cheaters were American, so that's sorted.
  • Options
    ist4ndalon3ist4ndalon3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malcryz wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this about a game but... Thank you for the rollback! ^-^'' The irl-time may be lost and I feel bad for those that got rare things from dungeons or Nightmare boxes but in the end, the AD sinks are probably calibrated for smaller amounts and would have taken possibly forever to suck out the AD and return the economy to normal. ;o

Thank you for taking care of this so fast, and thanks for keeping us updated! =)
    I agree with that. They've been the most animated/talkative/informative (kinda-sorta) out of any game co during an issue like this
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First answer is utter lie, its only that sunday the exploit got wide publicity so they were forced to act. People been talking about fluctating AD & Zen market days before and theres been evidence how this exploit been available from begin. This post seems to be only same as sweeping the facts under the rug, to calm down the playerbase. While the damage is a lot bigger and small rollback wont fix it. Throw in the fact of whole T2 gear farming with exploits before this. How can anyone take this games in currency markets serious. Its shafting legit players that used Zen or try to play free. For Zen users its inflating their money worth and free players will have to grind even worse than before to get anywhere.
  • Options
    bobnobobbobnobob Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    I know right? xD Im tired of wasting my breath/ typing on you people who dont listen and make sh*t up lol.

Well gee, would you look at that, it's a guardian. Yeah, I bet you are not an exploiter at all. Let me guess how many bugs you reported from the closed beta, I'd say it's around 0.
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    what will you do about the mules these exploiters created to hold there rares incase of a ban
  • Options
    jazzemup36jazzemup36 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only just recently started playing, when open beta started. I have two characters one is 40 dc, and the other is 26 cw. I want to say that I absolutely love the game, the dynamic, combat mechanics, everything. I have spent 30$ for zen, mainly for bags and bankspace and a few keys to open some lockboxes. I hadn't planned on purchasing any more zen either. But for the record, I would much rather that cryptic/PW collaborate to administer a full wipe of the shards. People who purchased zen or packs (Founders/Guardians/Starters) or any other items should be issued codes to redeem to receive their e-purchases after a full wipe has been done. More importantly, the issues with this particular exploit and any others that Cryptic/PW are aware of since Alpha should be addressed and solved before they relaunch an open beta period.
This discussion has been closed.