test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    cliffwalkercliffwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, Perfect World Entertainment, for completely destroying every day off I get. Every single time I get any time off to sit and game, I get an hour... mmaaaaybe two, and the servers go down for hours on end. Today, oh lucky me, I got all of 3 WHOLE hours before you guys decide to pull the plug. I really like this game, and I think you have all done an awesome job creating and developing it into a truly top-notch MMORPG, but I'm beginning to think you don't WANT our money... savvy?
    Eat your dessert first, for life is uncertain.
  • Options
    dahlyradahlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsiskwa wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.

First, they aren't going to wipe out our AD or Zen when the game goes full launch. They've actually said several times this will not happen. Second, the big thing behind this bug is that a lot of the people using it were getting massive amounts of AD and then selling it to Farmers. Two people on another site have already claimed to have made at least 6k-8k off of selling their exploited AD. So it was more then anarchy, bragging rights or hoarding.
  • Options
    prsrocksprsrocks Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leave the AH and Zen market down and block all trades...... now turn the servers on and let us play while you guys figure this mess out. I'm fiending hard over here :(
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for making me laugh. Banning MAC addresses. Oh god I'm dying here.

I bet they used their NAT for it as well. (See about 100 pages back)
  • Options
    lobotomizelobotomize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    It's 4chan and you haven't seen any of their memes here. They would make your eyes burn ;)

While I agree on your later statement, I know what 4chains is. I say it that way to be hyperbolic/sarcastic/what have you.

All I know is I can't wait for the game to come back online because i'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's a good game, if the kinks in the programming get ironed out appropriately (and they fire/lynch their QA team). Then maybe they'll focus on more pressing manners, like why my cloak keeps getting DEVOURED by the backside of my character, hahahaha
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

funny - where the **** was this at during closed beta? or alpha? did you post it to reddit then, or after the issues suddenly appeared? i'm going to need evidence of when you found/submitted these things, or i'm not inclined to believe you even played the closed beta weekends. you're some piece of **** trying to get upvotes off of a list you compiled after PWE pissed you off and you decided to wanted to milk the in-game issues people were discovering. way to go - you've got a cult of little ****s who can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to think for themselves.
  • Options
    bnotoriousbnotorious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Insert Kirk's voice here as if he is screaming at Khan:

*****Spoiler*****

It's Spock's voice now :p
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning MAC addresses.

But isn't that how Apple type computers talk on the internet?

;)
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    jimmy42jimmy42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the servers are not purged upon release, this isn't a beta, its an actual release. Regardless of how the PR is done or what words are being used, the underlying meaning is all that matters. If this is a beta, it will be wiped upon release... otherwise its a sorry excuse for terrible dev planning.
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    daiceman9 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336309317911343105

Is this a joke? From what I've heard this exploit has been spread around for more then a week with people constantly reporting it.

Waiting until the weekend to fix it is right away?

yes, and ofc those ppl who assured you they reported this werent benefitting from it at ALL. And so had no reason to actually NOT report it as they told you about and and told you to be sure not to tell anyone!! Ofc! Anyone knows thats what really happened!

They reported it, you reported it.. we all reported it. Sure we did lol.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    adomus1 wrote: »
    I cant help but shake my head at so many of these posts. This is quite simple. People need to remember this is a BETA and BETA's if you have ever been involved in Alpha testing are all about squashing bugs find by a larger audience. People should be fully prepared for Rollbacks and Character wipes for the entire BETA and realize that these issues and downtime only help the people who stick around and play the game once it is live.
    So stop you complaining for something that is FREE and not even a final release. You can always WAIT and play when it is release since it is free to play.

Exactly, this is beta, then they should do what they did in closed beta...fix exploits, complete wipe, refund NWO zen and AD...After all this is beta. They did it before, why not do it now?
  • Options
    ubertazubertaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prsrocks wrote: »
    Leave the AH and Zen market down and block all trades...... now turn the servers on and let us play while you guys figure this mess out. I'm fiending hard over here :(

Yeah - what he said!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odidee12 wrote: »
    THIS GAME FAIR FOR NEW PLAYER

NEW PLAYER LEVELING 1-60 NEED A WEEK and hard find AD

AND OLD PLAYER USE EXPLOIT AD MAKE AD 999999999 ,LEVELING WITH FOUNDRY, USE BUG SET VALIANT DAMAGE GF 9999999 , EXPLOIT GLORY WITH AFK CHAR ,
    WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME HAH
    h46381E5F
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wondermoose81wondermoose81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's only in beta folks. Keep calm and pray at an alter. Give them a break. If it were not for people taking advantage of a glitch they would not have had to drop the shards. Its a game, not a major life occurrence. I, for one have enjoyed it so far even with the bugs and glitches. Good job Neverwinter team! Keep on rocking it!
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013

You know, MAC addresses... used by MAC computers. Just like IP addresses are used by IP computers.

LMAO - some people's children...
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    LATEST INTEL ON PWE Twitter!!!

We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it.

Further info forthcoming on the gathering of data to formulate a decision about what information is needed in the case where a decision may be reached within the current session set to occur on or before the date of the gathering of the info necessary to provide a basis for deciding the proper course of action in regards to the effect intended.
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013

Everyone who has a RTL8411 NIC cannot play - not under any circumstances.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    jimmy42 wrote: »
    If the servers are not purged upon release, this isn't a beta, its an actual release. Regardless of how the PR is done or what words are being used, the underlying meaning is all that matters. If this is a beta, it will be wiped upon release... otherwise its a sorry excuse for terrible dev planning.

Or a greedy money grabbing attempt.
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    The internet is full of very bad people that can hide behind keyboards and be the biggest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> imagineable. Sad fact, but true.

These people, they're like ghosts, always hiding in the shadows, always hiding behind lies and proxies
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, Perfect World Entertainment, for completely destroying every day off I get. Every single time I get any time off to sit and game, I get an hour... mmaaaaybe two, and the servers go down for hours on end. Today, oh lucky me, I got all of 3 WHOLE hours before you guys decide to pull the plug. I really like this game, and I think you have all done an awesome job creating and developing it into a truly top-notch MMORPG, but I'm beginning to think you don't WANT our money... savvy?

Well maybe aim your anger at the exploiters first as they were the ones that initiated this. I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Hang tight though, probably will get worse and say goodbye to those three hours if they do a roll back :(
  • Options
    lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna be 12 additional hours ( that's my best guess ) as you can imagin they have only drawn up a "plan" now they have to implement and test.

Come back in a day or two?
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    o_0 10char
  • Options
    swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad they are keeping us constantly up to date with what's going on. Not used to that kind of attention in an MMO.
  • Options
    eatabageatabag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey so what happened?! Somebody break the game?! I can't log in and you can't honestly expect me to read the other 195 pages of drivel contained herein.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's only in beta folks. Keep calm and pray at an alter. Give them a break. If it were not for people taking advantage of a glitch they would not have had to drop the shards. Its a game, not a major life occurrence. I, for one have enjoyed it so far even with the bugs and glitches. Good job Neverwinter team! Keep on rocking it!

It is not beta. That is all.
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I think the Neverwinter Twitterdude has gone to bed. He stopped giving out arbitrary, non-committing stall tweets.
  • Options
    lilmomcrowlilmomcrow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, this is taking forever....I sure hope we get a new update soon......
  • Options
    assassin238assassin238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    GLAD I WENT BACK TO GW2 ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. This game has been a constant let-down/screw-up.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eatabag wrote: »
    Hey so what happened?! Somebody break the game?! I can't log in and you can't honestly expect me to read the first post.

Fixed it for you
  • Options
    kronos6913kronos6913 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    It is not beta. That is all.

he is right open beta is a soft launch.. it would be illegal to have a cash shop in a beta. regardless that it say's open beta that mean's the game is live and launched.