Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS GAME NOT FAIR FOR NEW PLAYER

NEW PLAYER LEVELING 1-60 NEED A WEEK and hard find AD

AND OLD PLAYER USE EXPLOIT AD MAKE AD 999999999 ,LEVELING WITH FOUNDRY EASY 1-60 ONLY A COUPLE HOUR, USE BUG SET VALIANT DAMAGE GF 9999999 , EXPLOIT GLORY WITH AFK CHAR , AND MANY MORE BUG ,EXPLOIT , HACKERS

WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME HAH
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Disappointed that you won't be doing a full wipe, but I'm excited for what your resolution's going to look like. If you're *****ing about rollbacks and asking "if i should even keep playing anymore", do the community a favor and go back to WoW. We don't need you malignant cysts to mar the face of this game anymore than you already have.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tsiskwa wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.

The internet is full of very bad people that can hide behind keyboards and be the biggest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> imagineable. Sad fact, but true.
  • Options
    kronos6913kronos6913 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.
  • Options
    aerhaaerha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the foundry was available offline, then i could at least do something game related while i wait ;)

I totally agreed with this. pity it isent so, that way I woulnd feel like I did nothing for the past 6 hrs XD which is entirely my fault mind you <.<
  • Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    From PWE:
    "We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it."
    OK OK! Enough! If I want doublespeak like that I'll tune into a political debate!
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    rogar124rogar124 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogcaliko1 wrote: »
    and thats why u are not a developer for the game very horrible ideas.. you didnt even mention banning the cheats

LET the game creators decide what the **** they want to do to their game and let em do it.. they dont need somone thats not in the gamming industry to put their 2 little cents in.. WHAT ever they decide. you either still play or leave. it dont matter

I see the " FANBOYS " are out in full force PW must pay them to do damage control.

only thing that will save the game is a total wipe

come on its in beta

and they should not be charging for products during a beta

call the game what it is broken full of bugs and gliches.

they keep saying 2 more hours

don't say 2 more hours just say down till we fix it.

also they wont fix the rubber banding and constant dcing

if someone wants to complain let them otherwise <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reserton87 wrote: »
    Er, perhaps you missed the fact someone made over $6000 from selling the AD?

Not hard to see what people would gain from it.

And do not go being all "holier then thou", how dare you call anyone evil. Fact is a lot of people including you, would do the same, $6000 is not to be sniffed at.

Yup, and you don't think the gold seller companies are going to do charge backs against the exploiters who sold them the goods? Have an exploiter explain to the credit companies or Paypal how their duped AD was obtained fraudulently and they should keep the money. Those guys will be on the hook for thousands of dollars.
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lobotomize wrote: »
    Also, this isn't 4'chains', so keep the memes on the downlow.

It's 4chan and you haven't seen any of their memes here. They would make your eyes burn ;)
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    irritatusirritatus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lord British is burning!
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    lobotomize wrote: »
    What, you don't remember them pulling FULL RAID BOSSES to the gates of stormwind and having to shut down servers, and restart?

Tons of people were pulling raid bosses to cities, or across the terrain, because they hadn't implemented anything to designate a non-player character zone.

I mean bugs like that were very frequent. There were a number of other bugs that I can't think of off the top of my head, but almost all of them ended with a server shutdown or restart, much like that one.

Also, this isn't 4'chains', so keep the memes on the downlow.

No, I just put on my skeptic face when someone prefaces a comment by saying "I've played over 500 games".

Just. Like. Willy. Wonka.
  • Options
    badoobiebadoobie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its been like 15 min since they tweeted anything, i think maybe we should hear the "announcement" in the next 3 to 5 hours!
  • Options
    daiceman9daiceman9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336309317911343105

Is this a joke? From what I've heard this exploit has been spread around for more then a week with people constantly reporting it.

Waiting until the weekend to fix it is right away?
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm a libertarian myself, but i believe in a wipe
  • Options
    dismount11bravodismount11bravo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They banned all of brazil's MAC and IP addresses.
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I bet there are far fewer brazillians playing this game after the finish making their decision on the decision about the decision.

good. awesome in fact... was hoping the master plan to lower the population of brazilians playing would work! muahaha..

Or response number 2. Who cares but you?
  • Options
    adomus1adomus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant help but shake my head at so many of these posts. This is quite simple. People need to remember this is a BETA and BETA's if you have ever been involved in Alpha testing are all about squashing bugs find by a larger audience. People should be fully prepared for Rollbacks and Character wipes for the entire BETA and realize that these issues and downtime only help the people who stick around and play the game once it is live.
    So stop you complaining for something that is FREE and not even a final release. You can always WAIT and play when it is release since it is free to play.
  • Options
    aerokaos69aerokaos69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsiskwa wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.

They didn't profit just in game. Many of them sold the AD to gold/AD selling site for thousands of dollars IRL.
  • Options
    thekurst1thekurst1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say wipe em all, between this and the foundry exploit to level characters, it has really effected some different parts on the game. It is in beta, bite the bullet, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a few people off, and churn forward. Its free to play, for every angry person you'll have 4 or 5 more try it in a week.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    The internet is full of very bad people that can hide behind keyboards and be the biggest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> imagineable. Sad fact, but true.

So true!

99% of the rude people on the internetnet would not even think about being that way in person
  • Options
    barramonsterbarramonster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those of you complaining, shame on you. Please understand that dev of a beta game is hard work, and this one has done a better job than most on resolving issues quickly during beta. Though I can understand the frustration, imagine how the dev's are feeling right now. Not to mention the original creators of the game who are not making money for every minute it's down.

As far as gathering data, it's not always easy to find the line of code causing an unwanted anomaly (much less resolving the issue on short notice). This is the price you pay for beta testing, beta is all about gathering data. It's time to just be patient, and keep checking back here for updates (or just check server status in the launcher).

To the devs - Is there any chance we could get an hourly, or even bi-hourly update? Possibly with an estimated timeframe? Or even something as simple as "No new information yet, but we're still plugging away at it". I'm sure even the grumpiest of posters would be happier with some information in regular intervals
  • Options
    sonofmresonofmre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope! ...hope and waiting....
    In the end I may not be remembered, but my actions carry weight.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »

So true!

99% of the rude people on the internet would not even think about being that way in person
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    orantina wrote: »
    The weekend is really when I get to spend time with my husband and so we play this together. We just killed the final boss in the dungeon that's in Blackdagger Ruins. We tried to do it yesterday but my heals kept aggro the boss and we were the absolute lowest level. We spent yesterday leveling up to 24 or 25 and we beat the boss despite the fact that we lost a player partway through and had to 4-man him. Hoot and holler for victory but before we finished killing the last of the adds, the server went down. I can only assume it's over this stuff.

I had no idea there was an exploit or that the economy broke or any of that.

I spent $40 on Zen and the hubby spent $20 so we could get extra character slots and open our lockboxes. It sucks to admit, but that's actually a lot of money for us to spend on something ultimately unimportant (I mean, it's just a darn game; it's not like it'll keep us fed or provide shelter, ne?). Therefore, I care about that Zen. If it turns out they refund purchased Zen, it'd be nice if they also gave back the lockboxes we opened or at least let us keep what we got out of them.

I don't know enough about programing to understand how difficult or easy all the different ideas are to actually implement, but I do understand that some ideas which seem great are just not feasible.

What I do know is that despite the fact that this game is free, it costs money to make and maintain. IF they don't have the money to keep it going, that's it. No more game. So really, I don't care how they fix the problem as long as the game doesn't go away. We like it very much so far and there's several things about it that I've just never experienced in other MMOs I've played. IF they need to pick the solution that appeases the people who paid for founders packs and bought lots of Zen with their hard-earned money, so be it. If they need to pick a different solution because it's more suitable to the game, then do that.

I will be very, very irritable (the hubby even more so 'cause he's not as laid-back as I am I think) if my $40 of Zen and my hubby's $20 essentially vanishes. I will also be a bit irked if I have to start over entirely because, well, I put a lot of time into the crafting and learning to play different classes.

I'll get over it. The game is just really, really fun and that's even taking into consideration the fact that my computer doesn't run the game nearly as smoothly as my husband's does (I get weird graphics, like stuff jutting out of nowhere and missing scenery, but it's still playable and I just use the Hubby's computer when he's at work).

And I know that the bug or exploit or whatever, it affected a lot of you much more than it effected me because we have different playing styles so I understand that the voices of those people should perhaps be louder than mine.

I just wanna play.

I don't much see the point of arguing here, though. I imagine the developers/etc would like to know how we feel about the issue, but is it honestly realistic to expect them to sort through fifteen million arguments to find those few important posts AND still get the problem solved quickly?

Hell, I probably wouldn't even be commenting at all except that I talk too much anyway and the rest of the house is too hot to do anything else because only the bedroom and computer room AC units work.

Heck if I didn't give the money to Cryptic, it would have gone for cocaine and hookers. Either way, it still will have a Keynesian effect on our national economy. Six for one, half dozen for the other.
  • Options
    marcus0920marcus0920 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Off to watch the Game of Thrones replay, maybe there will be real info by the time it goes off.
  • Options
    ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 800+ vote 70% for a complete wipe.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 2000+ vote 60% for a complete wipe!

gg im off to bed now, i hope they wipe the servers or give us that want a clean server a new server to play on. anyway they are doing a good job with twitter and facrbook, i just hope they know that a lot of us want a clean and fair server, a rollback wont do it only a new server will do it!
  • Options
    nivasparklesnivasparkles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They banned all of brazil's MAC and IP addresses.

Thank you for making me laugh. Banning MAC addresses. Oh god I'm dying here.
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS GAME NOT FAIR FOR NEW PLAYER

NEW PLAYER LEVELING 1-60 NEED A COUPLE WEEK and hard find AD

AND OLD PLAYER USE EXPLOIT AD MAKE AD 999999999 ,LEVELING WITH FOUNDRY EASY 1-60 ONLY 2-3HOURS, USE BUG SET VALIANT DAMAGE GF 9999999 , EXPLOIT GLORY WITH AFK CHAR , AND MANY MORE BUG ,EXPLOIT , HACKERS

WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME HAH
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    adomus1 wrote: »
    I cant help but shake my head at so many of these posts. This is quite simple. People need to remember this is a BETA and BETA's if you have ever been involved in Alpha testing are all about squashing bugs find by a larger audience. People should be fully prepared for Rollbacks and Character wipes for the entire BETA and realize that these issues and downtime only help the people who stick around and play the game once it is live.
    So stop you complaining for something that is FREE and not even a final release. You can always WAIT and play when it is release since it is free to play.

If you're waiting for release, you missed it. Happened about 3 weeks ago, sorry.
  • Options
    xethier3444xethier3444 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check the twitter feed. So far they've kept it active. https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame