Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• hammerhardwarehammerhardware Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so when is the gm eating a hat?
  • xmorwainxixmorwainxi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to play.....can't the servers be up yet?
  • monsulamormonsulamor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to see the Drizzit Do'urden story on neverwinter so i dont have to make some myself.
  • daddyjackdaddyjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soo when is the part we start playing again??? not sure they even mentioned that....
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seedyman42 wrote: »
    Haiku time!

One must chillax now
    eyes on the server status
    poised to enact fun

The bards, they will sing,
    Of a long night of battle,
    with boredom divine!
  • tseitsei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Id rather it be worth nothing, and keep my stuff.
  • silvr04silvr04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so when is the gm eating a hat?

prolly substituting it for a D!ck
  • chasthegreat1chasthegreat1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks like I may be getting lucky, seeing as i didn't play when all this exploiting took place and not during the rollback time.
  • kyle0ng1kyle0ng1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Realise world not perfect
    Stuff gets broke needs repair
    Be patient you pompuss
  • hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haikus are gayer than aids
  • drajokan98drajokan98 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

The Astral Diamond Exchange and the Auction House have been temporarily taken offline to resolve a high priority bug.

At this time we are still investigating the details regarding the issue and will post more information as the situation progresses.

As the issue involves in-game currency, we understand that there may be questions regarding the follow up actions needed to ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced. At this time we are still in the process of collecting the data, but plan to share details regarding follow up actions once the investigation concludes. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continually smooth out issues during open beta.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.

Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!

Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!

Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.

Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.

Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

Is this why all shards are down??????
  • silvr04silvr04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drajokan98 wrote: »

not at all.... why would u think that?
  • evilremz1981evilremz1981 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trystessa wrote: »
    we will be sending a thank-you gift to players...

[cats] perhaps?

Lol. Definetly an all new escape goat companion for hard times.
  • kyle0ng1kyle0ng1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haiku sign of manliness
    Your ego deceives your eye-o
    this is bad haiku
    edited May 2013
    and that is highly irrelevent
  • zhrkzhrk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes people play games for free, but you don't honestly think that is the point of a F2P model do you? In a nut shell about 5% give or take will pay more then what they would get for an average monthly subscription, about 20% will pay about the same (around 15-20 a month) and around another 20% will buy something relatively meaningless through a micro transaction. Net result is those people pay the bills.... The remain 55% will never pay a dime. So why does a company care about them? Because the 5% don't want to play solo, they pay to be involved in an active community.

Yes, you are being used as fertilizer for the flowers. Sorry if realism is to much for you, but you think they went free to play because they like loosing money ?

Exactly. 5% could spank each others d!cks alone... have fun... but eventually they'll get bored.
    What makes a great gaming community is... people. The best way to get them is... by not charging.
    So in a nutshell: no free gaming -> no community -> no game at all.
    Boy, you figured this out all by yourself, you're really smart! How old are you kid? I'm proud of you!
    =)
  • seedyman42seedyman42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hellion83 wrote: »

That's a good start, now all you need is a first line and a last line.
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Calling Haikus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    is overcompensating
    insecurity

;)
    edited May 2013
    silvr04 wrote: »
    not at all.... why would u think that?

becuase i try to login t the game and it says the shards are down and i see that their having probs with this was wondering if it had some thing to do with it
  • zhrkzhrk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes people play games for free, but you don't honestly think that is the point of a F2P model do you? In a nut shell about 5% give or take will pay more then what they would get for an average monthly subscription, about 20% will pay about the same (around 15-20 a month) and around another 20% will buy something relatively meaningless through a micro transaction. Net result is those people pay the bills.... The remain 55% will never pay a dime. So why does a company care about them? Because the 5% don't want to play solo, they pay to be involved in an active community.

Yes, you are being used as fertilizer for the flowers. Sorry if realism is to much for you, but you think they went free to play because they like loosing money ?

That's the kind of thinking that keeps me employed.. Oh look, free download from intranet....wait where did I get this virus.... who can I pay to fix this...

Thank you for being you, it keeps me employed.

Btw you have a typo in your signature.
  • konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

yup. Some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> decided to find a bug with the AH, and put negative numbers of AD. Like -1,000,000 and when the auction expires, they got 1,000,000 AD. It probably wont be up til sometimes tomorrow. (It's 2:10 AM CST right now, here in Oklahoma, it's been down since about 2 PM CST) So it's probably a very severe problem, but even with the shards being down. I'm just glad they care enough to fix the bug so no one can abuse it anymore. Cryptic hasn't always been a good company imo, their support behind STO and champions has been iffy. And even STO is finally getting it's first expansion, and the games improved TONS. EVEN champions has improved to the point I actually like it. But it seems they have been putting their all into Neverwinter, this game's a masterpiece to me. I don't care how long the shards are down, I just want them to keep communicating with us, and fixing the game up. It may seem "live" because the cash shop is taking money, and it says on the site.. But with bugs and exploits like this, it's still very open beta. I don't even care what perfect world's site says with it saying "live" Cryptic is the developer. Not perfect world. I'd rather listen to what Cryptic says, than perfect world anyways. They're awful.
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013

That's the kind of thinking that keeps me employed.. Oh look, free download from intranet....wait where did I get this virus.... who can I pay to fix this...

Thank you for being you, it keeps me employed.

Granted they didn't go free to play because they like losing money, but if they never wanted people to play for free, they would have went with a subscription, or pay to play. Bottom line is, treating people like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because you paid money and they didn't is wrong.

Maybe if I have something to hang over your head, should I make you feel bad for it?

Oh, and I will never keep you employed, sunshine. I can fix my own viruses. I was employed in the same thing.
  • midnightteasemidnighttease Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picture of a kitten would be better puppies are cute but annoying.

If they really want to fix or stabalize economy they need to look at the AH put a ceiling price on items say for example item sold to merchant is worth 10 AP or whatever they are called so the max price (ceiling in AH) might be 100 AP and bid price 10AP start. Those that exploit are often the sellers as in the ones who sell AP for real money they make nice profits out of doing so, but where would the motivation be to exploit if there was a price control? We have all heard of gold farmers they don't just grind mobs they control the player market with prices, upping the value of items to force honest players to look elsewhere to get the good stuff, some of those honest players are well tempted and take that risky plunge into buying gold.
  • tsaiclonetsaiclone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol. Definetly an all new escape goat companion for hard times.

I already told you that was a skate goat. :)
    edited May 2013
    tsaiclone wrote: »
    I already told you that was a skate goat. :)

scape goat not skate goat oi
  • kiwinoobnzkiwinoobnz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calling Haikus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    is overcompensating
    insecurity

The downtime was worth it just for that :P
  • kiwinoobnzkiwinoobnz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    becuase i try to login t the game and it says the shards are down and i see that their having probs with this was wondering if it had some thing to do with it

Unrelated.

The down time is to fix Rogues being overpowered
  • monsulamormonsulamor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rouges are not over powered
  • bigxwheelbigxwheel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What can be more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Than a thirty year old troll
    At this time of day?