test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What kinds of companions would you like to see next?

Comments

• Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like a floating book. Something that flaps a bit, but mostly acts as a stat booster. I would like to see it in varying colours too.. maybe one with a holy look, one with a necromantic look and another with a magical wizardly look.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice to... IDK... have purple companions rank up to lvl 45... you know 1/4 of player max.... seeing as they ranked to 30 back when... player level max was.... 40

30/40
    45/60

instead of dead companion
    30/60
  • Options
    sectirioussectirious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...Should have taken a DPS or the Cleric.

you can get additional basic companions for 2 gold a piece. I have a mant-at-arms, the dog and the Cleric. i'm level 44 and all 3 are level 15 now.
  • Options
    ana1963ana1963 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A skeleton
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anteater or sloth

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cats of Jordan.
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I want the Mulmaster Beholder Corps.
  • Options
    hex3dhex3d Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warforged Captain
    Shadar-kai Assassin
    Iron Cobra
    Helmed Horror
    Efreet Cinderlord
    Flameskull
  • Options
    theschwatrztheschwatrz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im with you, or at least the ability to move them and park them.

My thoughts are that a companion that can level past 15 and not die on half the encounters. Im lvl 57 now and she dies alot its like taking a level 10 in to a lvl 35 dungeon..a quick death. Which leads to a quick death at times for my toon.
  • Options
    baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Cats of Jordan.

Can you explain what those are? The Google search wasn't very clear, and I'm not sure which list I should put that in.

herakleia wrote: »
    I want the Mulmaster Beholder Corps.

Can you explain this is also?
    "Just keep moving." - Lara Croft
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anything which can be used as pet for a wiz, like in old D&D :
    - little dragon,
    - monkey
    - snake
    - bat
    - owl
    - rat
  • Options
    raatharaatha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like that psyco rabbit from Monty Pythons movie the Holy Grail or I would like a companion that can be customized so it doesn't look like it was spit out of a cloning lab.
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Crawling Hands...
    d&d%20beasts%20hand%20monster%20the%20hell.jpg
  • Options
    natakutdhnatakutdh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    The dragonling companion is in ingame files, go under foundry-companions. I am just biding time untill i can get him.... yess...
  • Options
    shining2112shining2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a healing panda companion :)
  • Options
    belial136belial136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see companions from the original neverwinter, like Deekin or Nathyrra.
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    belial136 wrote: »
    I'd love to see companions from the original neverwinter, like Deekin or Nathyrra.

Deekin is probably long dead, I don't think Kobolds have particularly long lifespans. He (and Nathyrra) was (were) active in 3.0/3.5e Realms, while Neverwinter is set in 4.0 Realms which is post-Mystra's murder, post-spellplague and 100 years later.

Nathyrra could still be alive - after all, Drizzt is and he's probably older than her. But what became of her when Eilistraee was slain? It's anyone's guess. (It is possible that she might not even be Drow any more!) In any event, she'd be way too high a level to be simply a companion. The same could probably be said for Viconia from the Baldur's Gate series, given that you also encounter Drizzt during those games.

You couldn't use time travel to bring either into the game as a companion either... Chronomancy simply doesn't work in the Realms.

As for what I'd like to see?

More customisation for existing companions, specifically - let us choose their gender!
    And TOMES! I want to increase the rarity of my Cleric so she gets a higher level cap!
  • Options
    josh0lanternjosh0lantern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Always thought this was an interesting race and they are mercs by design, so they'd make great companions!

50149.jpg
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love the Tomb Spider. For existing ones, I am quite happy with the Cleric, hope we can rank her up more so she doesn't die too fast.
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would love the Tomb Spider. For existing ones, I am quite happy with the Cleric, hope we can rank her up more so she doesn't die too fast.

Yeah, there is a lot of people who really want the training tomes to be unlocked. I just hope their prices isn't unreasonable...
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I didn't bother to read through the whole thread, im sure it was mentioned though, but they are so awesome they deserve another mention.

GIANT SPACE HAMSTERS!!!!

enough said,,,,,,,, no more input needed.
  • Options
    nulaftwnulaftw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GIANT SPACE HAMSTERS!!!!
    This one! Preferably with summon-icon on belt
  • Options
    josh0lanternjosh0lantern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I have a Gelatinous Cube that just hangs out on my shoulder?
  • Options
    mortie011mortie011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone knows of only one choice to please everyone.....A Rancor! :cool: I miss my Swg Rancor.
  • Options
    bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    A dwarf rogue, eyepatch and missing tooth!

A djinn, efreet, or some other humanoid from the elemental chaos.

An aasimar paladin or melee cleric, weilding a 2h hammer.
  • Options
    bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    I didn't bother to read through the whole thread, im sure it was mentioned though, but they are so awesome they deserve another mention.

GIANT SPACE HAMSTERS!!!!

enough said,,,,,,,, no more input needed.

A miniature giant space hampster would indeed be awesome.
  • Options
    guruchazguruchaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The title says it. What kinds of companions would you like to see in future updates?

A purple level healer.
  • Options
    runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    I want a pet Snooki or a Honey Boo Boo. They don't even ahve to assist me, they can just stand there and annoy the mobs/bosses to death.
    snooki wants smoosh smoosh!
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd just like to get the upgrade books.

my poor little lvl 15 cleric needs some more HP's.

Also, upgrading the cat the lvl 30 would be nice too, add a little extra recovery and crit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A Tressym would be nice.
    tressym.jpg