test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What kinds of companions would you like to see next?

Comments

• jesusjim19jesusjim19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "What kinds of companions would you like to see next? "

One that doesn't cost me real money.
  • aceofgamesaceofgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Furry/Shifter female (Maybe make it a race? :D )
    I also like the idea of Unicorn/Pegasus mounts as I am a MLP fan! :D
  • baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    aceofgames wrote: »
    Furry/Shifter female (Maybe make it a race? :D )
    I also like the idea of Unicorn/Pegasus mounts as I am a MLP fan! :D

I salute you for having the guts to publicly (spelling?) state that your an MLP fan.
    "Just keep moving." - Lara Croft
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Talking doors, gates and traps
    labryinthdoor.jpg
    prefible menacing and deceiving with traps,
    did I mention traps.

(noticed posting in wrong thread so...)
    I vote hodded hunter elf companion or menacing wisp.
    A forefather ghost would be kind of neat.
  • baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    andomiind wrote: »
    labryinthdoor.jpg
    did I mention traps.

I was about say... how can doors and traps follow you? Also, thank you for the memories! I loved Labyrinth.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been mentioned before, but would really like a pseudodragon companion. :)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Been mentioned before, but would really like a pseudodragon companion. :)

Don't be afraid to mention a companion that's already in this list. The more one does, the more they move the companion up the list. Just by telling me you'd like to see a pseudodragon, you moved it to the third most requested list. :-). I will update the lists themselves once I'm back on my computer.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The brain doggies, whatever they are called. I think they would make for a good companion.

How about some skeletons, maybe a dog or wolf?
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Ghost from Closed Beta was kinda cool. Wonder if they plan on bringing that back.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • rainsongsdrainsongsd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pseudodragon. Yes please!
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't think the cleric companion is useful? She's one of the most useful ones, as far as I've seen.

In this case: A useful for a cleric.

I don't want new companions, I want to be able to upgrade my white ones to purple.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    andomiind wrote: »
    labryinthdoor.jpg
    did I mention traps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Kbyte51MY
  • scorgescorge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    companions in this order:

1) beholder
    2) mindlflayer
    3) warlock
  • pdrice777pkpdrice777pk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like both the pseudodragan and the golem, stone or iron, but my personal favorite would be a giant, frost or fire.
  • tlariatlaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think some things should never be "tamed," such as the Tarrasque.
    Even though everyone would like to ride a dragon,

"There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child. " - King Osric

ie, everyone gets a dragon, they lose appeal and kill off the meaning...breaking the immersion D&D should have.

Top most requested companions:
    1. Miniature giant space hamster.

Thought serious until I read that.... not immersive breaking at all...
  • nicknamesrlameimonicknamesrlameimo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beholder companion. Overpowered you say? Perhaps. But the Tarrasque would be far more OP:)
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ill vote Rust assuming it would decrease enemy armor by the look of it?

Still the big issue is that they need to really give companions more power, currently strikers for example are joke. Augments, cleric and tank companions help at least some. While i think overall companion AI, overall effectiveness needs to improve. Considering how much you can sink to companions they should stand out more the least they can do is buff them a lot if player is solo. While then again seen lvl 60 content i doubt companions can do much at that point.
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The brain doggies, whatever they are called. I think they would make for a good companion.

Their name is Intellect Devourer.
    teepussi wrote: »
    Ill vote Rust assuming it would decrease enemy armor by the look of it?

That is how I saw them being implemented. Their strikes doing an armor debuff.
    edited May 2013
    tlaria wrote: »
    Thought serious until I read that.... not immersive breaking at all...

"Miniature giant space hamster" is really just what Minsc, a character from the Baldur's Gate series, calls his pet hamster. I'm not sure what the meaning is behind it, but I assume that it means the hamster himself is little in stature but has a big heart (or mind). It doesn't have to be immersion breaking. I can imagine that he would just sit on your shoulder when active, and all stats that you apply to him through augments and equipment apply to you instead.
    edited May 2013
    Giant space hamsters are, in fact, part of D&D. They are from the Spelljammer series.

Now weather or not Minsc actually had a miniature version of one, or weather he has endured far too much head trauma. Has been left unanswered and up for debate.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minsc was a lillte touched in the head. Boo, was just a normal hamster who never actually went for the eyes..

I am pretty sure the story portrayed Minsc as a little loony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chimera or as a mount
  • tokkiratokkira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kobold union worker that carries extra bag space like the pack mule! Except he complains more. Disgruntled kobold union worker?
    edited May 2013
    tokkira wrote: »
    Kobold union worker that carries extra bag space like the pack mule! Except he complains more. Disgruntled kobold union worker?

I dont know why, but this suggestion made me think of this...."Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But, at least there is symmetry."
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A Bulette mount would be amusing now that they are down to large size instead of huge. I really like the ideas for the Companions that have bag space. That would be so handy.
    edited May 2013
    A Bulette mount would be amusing now that they are down to large size instead of huge. I really like the ideas for the Companions that have bag space. That would be so handy.

I agree. I especially like the idea of a mimic follower who carries your stuff, though I can imagine it hopping (spelling?) around would get annoying after a while. Maybe if they added legs...

[IMG][/img]image.jpg
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really, I would settle for a wider variety of companions that do what the basic companions do now.

No new abilities or anything, just new skins so that we don't have a million female cleric clones in Protector's Enclave.

A dwarf cleric, maybe, and male and female options for both the human and the dwarf. A Tiefling wizard to go along with the existing Drow and, again, male and female options for both. A half-orc GWF, a half-elf GF, whatever.

The more, the better.

===================================================================================

As far as totally new companions go...

Pixie or Sprite

Pseudodragon

Skeleton or Zombie

Githyanki

Githzerai

Air/Earth/Fire/Water Archons

Duergar 'rebel'

A bear.

A few that spring to mind.
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'd really like for the Jagged Dancing Blade to have it's AI fixed. I'd love it even more if the skins were more distinct than "Nearly-Invisible, Floating Dagger", "Nearly-Invisible, Floating Dagger", and what I suspect are two more iterations of the same.

Long term? So much could be done. D&D has hundreds of monsters to draw upon, I'd wager you could find fans for any and every one of them. I'd like to see a Drider or spider of some kind (Blade, Phase, Tomb, whatever).
  • kukri77kukri77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    White tiger/with armor
    T-Rex/Velociraptor
    Devil Hound/Cerberus (omg would love this)
    Burning Skeleton
    Poison Axe/Blade Floating being cool you know
    Pedo Bear <-this would be epic