test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What kinds of companions would you like to see next?

Comments

• frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pikachu!

Chewbacca!

OMG... THE Luggage!! i will pay 1000$ for a Luggage companion!
  • baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Pikachu!

Chewbacca!

A luggage companion, meaning something like a walking treasure chest that you can store stuff into?
    "Just keep moving." - Lara Croft
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    You don't think the cleric companion is useful? She's one of the most useful ones, as far as I've seen.

Honestly, I can only say the useful companions as of now are the Cat, and the Ioun Orb/Stone. And this is solely due to stat bonuses. At first the Cleric was a fine idea as a companion, until you hit around level 35-40 ish, and she's literally dying left, right, and center. Then she becomes useless, and I might as well have (and did), simply buy an Ioun Stone, and use that.

So, I'll stick with my previous comment for now. "A useful one".
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's up to the posters for specifics. Whatever information the posters do not share, the developers can fill in the blanks. Also, dragonborn is a race within the Forgotten Realms. And I added Ash to the list just so the developers could possibly design a character based off him, not to copy him into the game.

Not to get in a feud with you but the last line was needed due to the 10 character rule. Any replies in the quote don't count. I didn't know about the dragonborn in the Forgotten Realms. Unfortunately, the US courts probably don't either. I doubt Cryptic wants to find out if they do. My comment about Ash was that I didn't know who you meant. I don't know the Army of Darkness.

I actually like the default companions. I just wish they were not limited to rank 15.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Pikachu!

Chewbacca!

The Luggage from Diskworld...YES!!!!
  • baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I didn't know about the dragonborn in the Forgotten Realms. Unfortunately, the US courts probably don't either. I doubt Cryptic wants to find out if they do.

Oh, I don't know about that. With all the money they sucked out of us, they could buy the rights. *Chuckles*
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I just wish they were not limited to rank 15.

I would like their level cap to be lifted as well.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn go back, at least, to the beginning of 4th Edition in Dnd. So ... probably about 4 years (maybe more) now. If I'm not mistaken (although I might be) this would predate the debut of Skyrim. There is probably a difference in spelling or some such stratagem that would differentiate the two for purposes of copyrighting, etc.

Lottie
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eagle/Falcon (bonus to stat Maybe Str/Dex or even better a range increasing buff for your attacks/lets you see further away)
    Spider (some form of AOE root/CC)
    Dragon Wyrmling (AOE damage based on dragon type)
    Imp/Quasit (bonus to stat Maybe Int/Wis)
    Displacer Beast (stealthing like a Combat Advantage attacker)
    Warlock/Sorc (DoT hexer type)
    Human Ranger (single target DPS maybe have some form of resource node tracking ability)
  • notoriouspyronotoriouspyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I saw the Angel of Protection in the ZEN store, I would buy that **** in a heartbeat.
    wrath_small.png
    Mature, friendly, laid back international guild. Newbie friendly. Expect banter. We have TS3 and guild bank. Must want to help other guild members out and get help in return. Message me (Walgeon@notoriouspyro) for info!
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gnome Bard who curses A LOT!

Firesoul Genasi Warlock

Wood Elf Druid

Kelemvor Avenger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lottiemc wrote: »
    Dragonborn go back, at least, to the beginning of 4th Edition in Dnd. So ... probably about 4 years (maybe more) now. If I'm not mistaken (although I might be) this would predate the debut of Skyrim. There is probably a difference in spelling or some such stratagem that would differentiate the two for purposes of copyrighting, etc.

Lottie

Dragonborn go back to 3.X from the Races of Dragon book. Printed in 2006 I think it was.

Another companion I'd like to see is a pseudodragon. Also you guys really need to jump on this Rust Monster bandwagon... It is unacceptable that I can't have one following me around...
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dragon companion/mount
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    dragon companion/mount

Saw someone post this idea in another companion thread, sorry if it was you and I'm not giving proper credit, they suggested having a dragon companion that in a years time the dragon grow into a dragon mount. Thought it was a neat idea. Reminds me of the Dragon race from an old MUD iI played called Dragon's Gate. You started as a kind of lizardman thing that as you played for some years would grow into a drake and eventually into a full dragon.
  • kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well i would like them to fix all the companions first, like giving the player more control of them or make them react better in combat. As it is now the only solid choices is Cat and Ioun....
  • diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kazen425 wrote: »
    Any companion that is does not requires Zen. But the upgrade tomes is more important.

I doubt the tomes will be any cheaper than buying a ZEN comp, even though they tell us the game is balanced for player + comp ;)

I also don't think they will ever fix that unbelievable AI they have, it feels like a dev spent a lot of time to make them this dumb.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Less about companions. From what I've read the community wants more fixes of boss exploits (been reading about CW glitch fighting mob from up above or some garbage T2 60, while group watches) since there won't be a wipe, stricter punishment for cheaters, more paragon paths, more pvp maps, extra race/classes, more content for down the line.

Game is really enjoyable thus far on my end, but not happy to hear about cheaters exploiting as much as I have recently. Hope you guys can work your magic and code that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    A Giant Rat =)
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »
    A Giant Rat =)

ooooor. a rat sawrm... A pile of little squeaking rats sweeping towards your enemy to gnaw on their ankles!
    edited May 2013
    protocol87 wrote: »
    Less about companions. From what I've read the community wants more fixes of boss exploits (been reading about CW glitch fighting mob from up above or some garbage T2 60, while group watches) since there won't be a wipe, stricter punishment for cheaters, more paragon paths, more pvp maps, extra race/classes, more content for down the line.

Game is really enjoyable thus far on my end, but not happy to hear about cheaters exploiting as much as I have recently. Hope you guys can work your magic and code that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out.

This is not the thread for that topic of discussion.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gnoll companion named Fippy Darkpaw. :)
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Miniature Giant Space Hamster, a Kobold Bard, a halfling thief that follow you around and collects treasure
    @Powerblast in game
    edited May 2013
    A Flumph. Lawful good floating jellyfish thing...
    flumph3.jpg
  • gongstargongstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't want more companions.
    I want to be able to level them above 15.
    edited May 2013
    gongstar wrote: »

Would be nice if they would unlock the tomes. Seeing them there at the companion vendor is such a tease.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013

/signed. They're useless after level 35. On my DC, I took a man-at-arms, he goes down faster than Monica Lewinsky on Bill Clinton. Should have taken a DPS or the Cleric.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013

/signed. They're useless after level 35. On my DC, I took a man-at-arms, he goes down faster than Monica Lewinsky on Bill Clinton. Should have taken a DPS or the Cleric.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    undead (preferably a pack of 3 for 1 companion slot, if a weaker version of undead IE: skelletons/Zombies)

with only 1 per companion slot if wraths/wrihtes/named zombie/skelleton (like a Zombi/skeleton version of current companion types,)
    ____

I would be most interested in a Necromancer class that could use a "undead" companion" in their tab slot, on top of another "undead companion" in their companion slot (but the companion slotted in tab, must be undead, the normal slot could be any companion)
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    For the love of god an elite healing companion! We have elite dps pets out the bottom, elite tank, yet no elite healer or any way to make the current one elite.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • aerisdarkstalkeraerisdarkstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinsaeda wrote: »
    A dragonborn something or other, just to get them into the setting even if they're not going to be a pc race for awhile.

I would like our companions to be nothing more than stats and a class/skill type and it let us create their visuals, at least with those companions that are also pc races.

Yes! Allow us to customize our companions a lot more than we currently can.

Also, allow us to pay zen to upgrade regular companions so they too can reach rank 30.
  • sectirioussectirious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Companion: A floating Taco that occasionally gives you the buff "Well Fed" it's other ability is Tantalizing stare. It gives a debuff on all nearby Mobs "Hungry." once it hits rank 30 it is transformed into Taco Supreme; Which then creates an aura of awesomeness to all nearby friendly players and mobs.