test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What kinds of companions would you like to see next?

14567810»

Comments

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need more augments. As a TR sometimes a companion can hurt you by just being there. Since we have default 3 active slots I prefer one of those to be an Augment. A glowing stone flying around my head or a Cat doesn't seem very appealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see:

Paladin companion with lay on hands and a nice melee attack
    Druid companion with a HoT and a snare
    Spellsword Mage with a big AoE slow/damage and a solid single target melee attack.
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A companion that can level to 60 and actually help instead of dying in 5 sec.
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mudkip....
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I still want the Angel - but not in cash shop - I like that it is hard to get. It just better be worth it, lol.
  • raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love to see one outside of the cat and stones that is actually useful.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    angelxeye wrote: »
    I still want the Angel - but not in cash shop - I like that it is hard to get. It just better be worth it, lol.

Same here. Even if I dont play this game in a year, Ill probably log in and out for daily Coins, just for that Angel. Really hope it doesn't disappoint haha.
  • hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    I want a developer companion... he shouldn't do much, but fix my bugs.
    edited June 2013
    hellorco wrote: »
    I want a developer companion... he shouldn't do much, but fix my bugs.

Judging from the state of the game, that would be waaaay over-powered and probably cause a rift in the Forgotten Realms, swallowing it all into oblivion.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see a mindflayer (spelling?) companion, though I'm not sure how that would work with lore in consideration.

The Mindflayer companion would turn to you and suck your brain out of your skull.

I would like to see a companion that can either make Neverwinter Packs disappear, or get me my money refunded for a Founder's Pack I bought as an exclusive, limited edition item that is not as advertised.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't think the cleric companion is useful? She's one of the most useful ones, as far as I've seen.

She's useless you mean.... when you're at half health (out of combat), she won't heal you.... and she doesn't properly heal you in boss fights either...
  • atroxcanisatroxcanis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about dropping a couple dozen Angels on the preview server so we can find out if logging in for 360 days is really worth the effort.

If that's too much to ask, how about remove the level cap on the companions we bought without having to buy the rest of their levels.

If that's too much to ask, how about giving the companions we have the same level of avoidance AI that some of the mobs are programmed with.

If that's too much to ask, how about making them more resistant to AOE damage

If that's too much to ask, how about just making shut the heck up.
    Yes, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
    edited June 2013
    atroxcanis wrote: »
    How about dropping a couple dozen Angels on the preview server so we can find out if logging in for 360 days is really worth the effort.

If that's too much to ask, how about remove the level cap on the companions we bought without having to buy the rest of their levels.

If that's too much to ask, how about giving the companions we have the same level of avoidance AI that some of the mobs are programmed with.

If that's too much to ask, how about making them more resistant to AOE damage

If that's too much to ask, how about just making shut the heck up.

This strongly goes against the Devs policy of "Dont work on what they want" and "Give as little info and communication as possible", Im afraid, not to mention the age old classic; "Well that does seems abit too fair, doesn't it?".
    Don't get me wrong, Id love to see all of those implemented though, as would many others aswell, I imgaine.
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Giant Lynx
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and bump this thread back up.
  • paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    My companion wants

1. A death knight that can level to 35 (half the max level) that has summon skeletons (3 weak ones) as an ability
    2. The ability to level clerics above 15
    3. The angel of protection, I do not understand how you are supposed to get 350 ardent coins, that is literally a year of playing the game non stop and praying every single day.
    4. a celestial charger as a mount
    5. a blink dog
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The kind we have control over.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    She's useless you mean.... when you're at half health (out of combat), she won't heal you.... and she doesn't properly heal you in boss fights either...

Her heal has a 30 second cooldown. She will use it every time it's up, if you aren't at full health. Fights rarely last long enough to even get 1 of these off, but in my experience, she's spot-on w/ casting it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Her heal has a 30 second cooldown. She will use it every time it's up, if you aren't at full health. Fights rarely last long enough to even get 1 of these off, but in my experience, she's spot-on w/ casting it.

Bumping up her recovery, seems to help this along as well. Pets seem to really respond well to recovery and life steal gear
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Bumping up her recovery, seems to help this along as well. Pets seem to really respond well to recovery and life steal gear

This always threw me off, as some pets' abilities are at-wills for players, yet still have a cooldown. So, recovery reduces recharge times for all pets' powers, then?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually I would love a killer bunny on the order of Monty Python and the holy grail type.
    It is what it is:cool:
    edited July 2013
    Y'know what would be cool - a companion that uses your mount's skin. Give it 2 generic attacks - like a strike and a stomp.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mini-me.........
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34