test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Include Ability Score Rolling When Using Respec Tokens

Comments

• penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    or just be included in the current respec token XD
  • axlefgkaxlefgk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    signed

i regret having 10 of all my useless stats, would pay to fix this.
  • feamfeam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about just a duel spec u can buy that would be awesome i would pay 10 monies fosho
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /bump
    Still no developer response to this? I was under the impression that these forums were read, or at least monitored, by the folks at cryptic and not just the moderators.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They don't want our money. It's useless to respec now when you can't respec ability scores to complement new build. You can just reroll. So basicly respec token is a scam as it is.
    And people won't want to play same character through same quests again, most will get frustrated and quit.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting for this feature to be added to the game.
    edited June 2013
    i agree, i wonder when they'll get here and read our opinions. After 10 pages everyone seemed to agree that this should be included.

will keep bumping and posting new ideas until they see this.
    edited June 2013
    Please hear us PW, this is an easy thing to add to the game that would be much appreciated by very many people.
  • vykozpkvykozpk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed

I would buy a reroll of ability scores in a heartbeat and the same goes for a race change.

This is one of the few mmo's where they dont have such a feature implemented and funny thing is, that this is one of the most unbalanced mmos, regarding races and starting attributes, both are extremely important, can make or break a character and have a huge impact on how effective you are gonna be.

for instance i would have rolled a half-orc instead with different weight on attributes, this would give me 5 more str than i have now so 5% increased dmg there, now half orc also deal 5% more crit dmg, you do the math just by choosing other race and stat weight my crits would do 5-10% more dmg, that is a whole lot just from stat and race.

more dmg increase from just race and different starting stats, than going from t1 to t2 - t2.5 weapons.

so its really annoying nothing can be changed, since you didnt know what you chose in the start or how important it was gonna be, and because you know, one would expect to be able to change it down the line, if it was really important....especially in a mmo from 2013, when they have so many to learn from and a lot of people want fairness and balance, so i dont understand how this is not already implemented.
    edited June 2013
    no mention of this being made available in the recent gameplay updates post, please address this issue PW.
  • hashyjoehashyjoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this:

Racial descriptions have been improved to better explain stat choices and racial powers.

was their concession. Not much, but a start. From the MMOs I have played, this is new ground as far as re-specs. Most had base stats built into the class, not player-selected at creation. I am willing to give the devs (what few there are compared to other betas) some time to work up a solution to this one. At least there is hope that this change came from this specific thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it would be good to allow the respec of basic ability scores when there are major changes to classes, such as the ones that will be implemented before long. Since many of these changes may prompt players to refocus their characters, and there was no way for players to anticipate them, I think it fair they be allowed to adjust their basic stats to best respond to them.
    edited June 2013
    plus the fact that the metagame is always changing especially with the new balance patch incoming
  • vhladervhlader Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An option to reroll ability scores would add a lot of value to the zen store, and make many players happy.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Since many of these changes may prompt players to refocus their characters, and there was no way for players to anticipate them

This and the fact that many of the descriptions in character creation are downright misleading (e.g. WIS being less useful than STR or CHR for a Cleric at present and STR being better than DEX for a TR) means that they really should allow a respec to change your base stats.
    edited June 2013
    off topic, are they giving us free respecs at the 20th bec of the balance fixes?
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be selfish to disagree with this since I rolled my scores perfectly haha, but I agree - this should be possible when respeccing ^^
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
    edited June 2013
    with the current imbalance between classes, your perfect stats may not be so perfect in the future, so yeah, support this haha.

still surprised we dont have a dev reply in here yet
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ill just say this... I would pay for a respec. I am fairly happy with how my GF turned out (because its hard to mess that up honestly) But If I could, I would stack more Con and less STR if I could... I would easily pay for a respec and even a race change if possible too.

I dont see how if could hurt them to offer this for AD. Another AD sink and another way for them to suck my wallet dry, which is a bitter sweet thing...

+1 OP!
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely signed. I don't think that rerolling initial stats would hurt anyone and it would make experienting with different builds a bit easier as well. It seems to me that some builds that are great leveling up might not work that flawlessly during endgame. For example, every epic armor set for clerics seems to be packed with recovery, so I would probably put less points in cha and int if we could reroll without having to start over.
  • ladykrystineladykrystine Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Especially with the full release coming, a chance to reassign my extra points I earn from levels would be great so I can balance those with any new abilities and new paragon trees.
    Lady Krystine 60 CW * Pelloth 60 DC * Moria De'Comri 60 GWF * Leona Dawntreader 60 GF
    Asyira TR * Aislynn De'Comri CW * Joffrey Baratheon SW * Kili HR

Proud Member of V A H A L L A
    Founder and Guild Officer for Heralds of Lurid Dusk
  • kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reading through this thread, I keep thinking to myself, "Min-maxing munchkin, much?".

It's a respec, to let you redistribute the points you've spent as you leveled up.

It's *not* a retcon, to let you alter your DNA, change your past, and be something completely different than what you really are.

How could you "screw up" your creation stats, anyway? So your cleric started with 18 WIS, 13 STR, and 13 CHA, and you're not happy with your 26 WIS or whatever. Well then, don't spend your stat points on WIS this time, and bump up STR or CHA instead.

It sounds like folks are trying to figure out which of the three primary stats for their class is a dump stat, and the obvious answer is that none of them are dump stats and they all do something useful. It's up to you to decide which use you want to focus on. So, when you respec, allocate your stat points differently than you did last time and get on with it. Stop trying to be that munchkin at the table that wants the DM to let them change their race, sex, and base stats halfway through the campaign once they learn that it's a little easier for large-breasted human girls with high DEX and CON to steal from all the merchants in town.
  • heilkraaftheilkraaft Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I missing something? I got to redo my Ability scores with the respec..
    3IBbXcG.jpg
    edited June 2013
    heilkraaft wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I got to redo my Ability scores with the respec..

Unless it has changed you got to adjust your 'level-up' ability bonuses at levels 10,20,30,40,50 and 60, not your initial attribute scores you chose at character creation.
  • myo86myo86 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    totally agree on this so much you can't begin to imagine. WE NEED ABILITY SCORE RESET. its unfair that we cant change something this important when we first create character not knowing whats what!
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    give us race change!!!!
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Reading through this thread, I keep thinking to myself, "Min-maxing munchkin, much?".

It's a respec, to let you redistribute the points you've spent as you leveled up.

It's *not* a retcon, to let you alter your DNA, change your past, and be something completely different than what you really are.

How could you "screw up" your creation stats, anyway? So your cleric started with 18 WIS, 13 STR, and 13 CHA, and you're not happy with your 26 WIS or whatever. Well then, don't spend your stat points on WIS this time, and bump up STR or CHA instead.

It sounds like folks are trying to figure out which of the three primary stats for their class is a dump stat, and the obvious answer is that none of them are dump stats and they all do something useful. It's up to you to decide which use you want to focus on. So, when you respec, allocate your stat points differently than you did last time and get on with it. Stop trying to be that munchkin at the table that wants the DM to let them change their race, sex, and base stats halfway through the campaign once they learn that it's a little easier for large-breasted human girls with high DEX and CON to steal from all the merchants in town.

Stop trying to take an MMO with a flavor of DnD and enforce the rules of the latter which in essence an RPG of a completely different genre. When you start off with some minor remarks like "min-maxing munchkin" you just sound ignorant.

If players in a game are constantly seeking to re-roll mid campaign, maybe you should take more time helping them with their character creation, instead of shifting the blame to them like a chump.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Well the issue is you can ONLY put 1 point per allocation so if you did want to pump more into 1 stat the MAX you could do is get it +6 higher than your base roll (not adding racials). So if you were not familiar with the class and how they work at the beginning (most are not) and rolled a GF with super low CON in favor of Dex/Str and now realize Con is much better than anticipated... The best you can do is put 6 points in it... While it is minimal, it makes players FEEL better about their character...

Also if you REALLY want to add customization, why not let players choose their points? I always liked that you had +1 to ALL stats twice, but the other 4 allocation spots, why not let us put +2 into something if we want?
    edited June 2013
    Haven't bumped this in a while, with all the class changes coming I'm not sure how Perfect World doesn't make initial ability score re-rolling available, characters and builds are about to completely change, and the ability scores matter a great deal.
    edited June 2013
    I just made a thread in General suggesting that the launch respec should allow us to change initial rolls:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?342741-Launch-Respec-Allow-us-to-change-intial-Attribute-rolls-please-%29

Anyone who is in favour might want to post their reasons there.
This discussion has been closed.