Comments

• Options
    pamugaspamugas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump for real respec
  • Options
    gordiegordsgordiegords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bumpity, would really like to see a stat reroll token on zen store or something like that.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bumpity, would really like to see a stat reroll token on zen store or something like that.

It would be best if the Respec token included ability rolls, but also having a cheap (perhaps 100 or 150 ZEN) standalone option for ability rolls might be nice too.
  • Options
    d3l337d3l337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    RErol should be separate from Respec and should be pricy like 1000 ZEN, its MAJOR character CHANGE. OR it should be not possible at all!
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    d3l337 wrote: »
    RErol should be separate from Respec and should be pricy like 1000 ZEN, its MAJOR character CHANGE. OR it should be not possible at all!

I am sure that at some point they will have the ability to reroll your entire character....for a price.
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    d3l337 wrote: »

i dont mind that price at all, especially if that means i can reset all including looks, but looks doesnt really matter. It should just be added if it will be 10$
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /signed ... must happen
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait til this is finally available :)
  • Options
    aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Yup, we need this.
  • Options
    lord26six2lord26six2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please don't make me reroll again! I'll pay! I'll pay. Thank you.
  • Options
    zerostrifexzerostrifex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope this comes soon! can't wait x)
    Otherwise i felt so screwed up >.>

Or another way would be to allow bound item to be shared in account :X
    Then i wouldn't mind creating and retraining another character to level 60 so i need not purchase all my equipments/mount again.
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope this feature is released with the next module... respec feels incomplete without the ability to change the initial rolls... would gladly spend Zen to have this feature than abandon one of my characters!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    There is a new similar thread in General Discussion on the subject here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?391021-Base-ability-scores-reroll-option

for anyone interested.
  • Options
    myo86myo86 Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    for the love of ur fanbase, for the love of ur game give the players ability score reroll!
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    myo86 wrote: »
    for the love of ur fanbase, for the love of ur game give the players ability score reroll!

I am bumping this thread!!! WE NEED REROLL of Ability score with the Respec buttons!!!! I messed up 2 points and at level 60 STR=20 is not enough for my new "respec'd" DPS build...

How hard can this be anyway...

Pleasseeeeeeeeee...
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /Signed, we need this for New player's who had no idea about the Dice Rolls or about what Stat did what, ( they don't have a tool tip to show what Str does per class or Dex or Cha of Int, ect) which is really stupid to not have, or maybe they do now? I'm not sure Having those dice re rolls are very viable
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . Indeed, zen respecs should respec everything across the board, stats, feats, and powers, as well as allow the re-choosing of the initial stat modifier.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . Indeed, zen respecs should respec everything across the board, stats, feats, and powers, as well as allow the re-choosing of the initial stat modifier.

Nice to hear that at least one mod supports this.

If you have any influence with the Devs could you possibly bring their attention to this and similar threads?
  • Options
    taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /signed for include all, race and ability score!
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I absolutely agree that a respec should include everything especially since balance changes can affect stat choices that currently can't be changed.
  • Options
    thorn0thorn0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes!!! please initiate this change,also incl distribution of racial ability points. I've spent so many hours building my first MMO character up, spending money to improve it, learning the whole system, only to find that my original stat roll made my GWF even more useless than it's already apparently considered(shortly to become worse).
    I bought a re-stat token assuming(stupidly)that 'Grants the abilility to reselect feats, ability you have chosen' meant reroll too but obviously not.
    Disappointment doesn't do the feeling justice imo.
  • Options
    zerkkinzerkkin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So wheres the fix to the respec token or a new item that allows us to do what all these players want?

I'm throwing money at my screen but this company doesnt want to take it =x
  • Options
    mindflayer1mindflayer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Making it possible to re-roll basic ability scores would simply enhance the game experience. I say that because, when creating a character in Neverwinter for the first time it's almost sure that you will mess up your ability scores, because you learn about the details about the game mechanics after playing it for a while.

Therefore it seems a pretty good idea to at least give players a chance to re-roll base ability scores. If not as a token available on the zen market - then as something available at least one time per character (in the case that the idea of the game developers is for characters to stick to their initial rolls).

I'm pretty sure that anybody who plays the game for a while longer would use and really appreciate it. And that it would only make the game more appealing for people that like to have fun with the game mechanics.
  • Options
    therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited October 2013
    I definitely agree that this should be part of the respec.

For those in the minority who disagree, realize that as an MMO, things in the game will change that will impact what decisions you may have made in initial character creation. This would give an unfair advantage to new players over long time players.

The game is not static and so the initial character rolls cannot be static either.
    garret_fi.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The upcoming module would be good opportunity to enable initial ability score re-rolling... :)
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback on this! It's a great idea and we're looking into it.

Alot of the pvp community in alot of top guilds have been talking about this for awhile now... I'd be down for even adding the rerolling of initial ability score sats to be included in some sort of premium charge added to a possible race change as well? Thoughts?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    in my honest opinion, the ability to re-roll initial ability stats goes hand in hand with racial changes and would undermine the whole concept of this being a d&d game. changing initial ability scores and race is essentially creating a new character. might as well add class-changing as well, right? while we're at it, let's go ahead and just sell level 60 characters in the zen store.

in tabletop d&d, the only time you will re-roll initial ability scores is when you create your character. you can argue that the respecs already undermine the d&d concept but retraining is an option in tabletop d&d. plus, i understand that certain concessions had to be made in the translation from table top d&d to the mmo that we're discussing but these things, in my humble opinion, cross the line.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I agree that racial and class changes would be a bit too much as it ties into specific questlines and rewards... however, the initial attribute re-roll could be implemented as part of the respec token without having an impact on completed quests or earned rewards.

It does become tedious to start a fresh character having the same class and specs all over again just to get the initial attributes right... you also end up not having all the BoP equipment and collectibles on the new one.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    in my honest opinion, the ability to re-roll initial ability stats goes hand in hand with racial changes and would undermine the whole concept of this being a d&d game. changing initial ability scores and race is essentially creating a new character. might as well add class-changing as well, right? while we're at it, let's go ahead and just sell level 60 characters in the zen store.

in tabletop d&d, the only time you will re-roll initial ability scores is when you create your character. you can argue that the respecs already undermine the d&d concept but retraining is an option in tabletop d&d. plus, i understand that certain concessions had to be made in the translation from table top d&d to the mmo that we're discussing but these things, in my humble opinion, cross the line.

I completely get what your saying, the problem is they made certain races SO much stronger than others...
    For instance take the Halfing compared to say a human and for fun look at a great weapon fighter.

The human gets +2 and puts it in Con. He gets 3% more defense which on a GWF = about 70 defense (like .1% DR) and 3 ability points which on a GWF he can get about 200 power and 5% crit severity. Not THAT bad,

Then a Halfing comes in. He gets +2 to Con AND Dex which for Dex is 2% more crit and 1% more deflect, then he also gets the racial of 3% more deflect. On my GWF to get 4% more deflect thats like ~600 more deflect. The 2% more crit is also around 500+ crit rating.

So look at what the halfling got.

~600 deflect rating and +500 crit rating, while the human got 70 defense, +5% crit severity and 200 power....

See how big a difference that makes?

All the serious PVPers are almost ALL rerolling their classes to Halfings, ontop of those bonuses they get 10% CC resistance.... Its the perfect pvp class! Since rolling my GWF like 5 months ago I have made two new classes, another GF and another TR, guess which race I am forced to play if I want to min max? Halfing.....

With the new DC paragon path, The base DC is going to be Deflect stacked, hence meaning halfing.... You think it makes sense for a great weapon fighter or fighters to have the BEST class available to be halfling? Talk about table top....

Honestly either that race needs a nerf, others need a buff, or the ability to re-choose should be implemented...

For the human I think instead of 3% defense 3% total DR would even the classes out. Since that would equate to a large defensive stat bonus. Then it would be

3% DR 200 power +5% crit severity (those are through the heroic points btw) and +2 Con

Versus

3% deflect, +2 dex and +2 con, 10% CC resist.

Those seem alot more even. But then youd have to look at each race and adjust as well. Either that or drop the deflect % to 1% for halfling. I mean heck, Elves only get +1% crit as one of their bonuses... so why does halfing get +3% deflect?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another thing you could offer is a "transmute" race... So this would also go against table top but lets face it, they arent really shooting to mimic table top, just use those as guidelines...

So if you created a human but wanted to look like an elf with the human racial bonuses, you could...

Then if they offered a race-redo with the base ability scores, you could essentially have any race opened up to you and also look like whoever you want.

That would not suit RP-ers well, but would make them ALOT of money and I would imagine make alot of players happy...
This discussion has been closed.