test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Include Ability Score Rolling When Using Respec Tokens

Comments

• omegastatomegastat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree that the respec token should allow you to reallocate all feats, powers and ability scores.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    please make this available soon!
    edited May 2013
    woops double post!
  • l1ud0l1ud0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree, stat re-roll should be included in the Respec option. Now, as for class/race... that's a tough call, but the stat re-roll is a no brainer.
  • byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I think a purchased $6 respec should include everything to include Race, Visual Attributes and everything else with the exception of Class of course. Maybe someone has a strange look they don't like, maybe they want to try a different race?

What would be the point of making the person go through the leveling process again with the exact same class? Frustration?

Furthermore it doesn't affect the game to let you respec everything(except class). We should be able to play visually the way we want. I have a human GF but would like to try a Half-Orc GF just for the look but no way and no point in re-leveling just for a slightly different look and slightly different racial abilities.

Plus..just think of all the money you could make from extra respecs due to a person wanting to change their look or race...??...mmm tempting isn't it...
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1ud0 wrote: »
    I completely agree, stat re-roll should be included in the Respec option. Now, as for class/race... that's a tough call, but the stat re-roll is a no brainer.
    agree, altho I also want what byteboy wants (to include race also) I don't think it will be possible judging by the prices of other items- hell, dyes are so OPriced.
    edited May 2013
  • rishaddrishadd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree with the need to have a stat re-roll... without this feature, i'm still stuck with flawed stats even if I decide to spend on a respec token... At this moment, I don't want to continue with my main character cause I know he will never have the stats I want him to have (OC behavior!!... I thought a respec token would solve my problem but was disappointed when I went through the contents of this thread).

I don't mind if the feature takes a while to be implemented but would really appreciate if we could receive an official confirmation that its in the works... that we could continue leveling our favorite but flawed characters knowing that we can rectify our stats in the near future!!

Similarly.. do we currently have the ability to change the characters appearance like hair, body type etc???
    edited May 2013
    bump, PW response please, this is a game-breaking issue.
  • cjbrandencjbranden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 to this idea. It does not seem like it would be difficult to implement, it's clearly in demand, and, if it were offered with the respecs, more players would probably purchase them. It seems like a win for everyone.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Urg, thought the "reset ability score" meant that re-rolling was possible when I went and bought a token. Kinda wish I didn't now...
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • skarrzogskarrzog Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This needs to happen soon. I have never seen a game expect their players to have enough knowledge of their class at the character creation screen to make such important decisions. In addition, the "Primary" and "Secondary" labels are extremely misleading. I placed far too many points into Wisdom on my cleric, and now I am severely regretting it having gained some knowledge of the class which comes naturally with playing it.

If my only choice is deleting my current cleric and re-rolling, I fear I will just end up quitting the game as I level up once more.
    edited May 2013
    true^

the only reason to level up a char again is because you're making an alt, not because you can't reset some stat that should've been reset-able in the first place.
    edited May 2013
    please fix this PW!
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited May 2013
    /signed.

[10 char length requirement]
  • noobzornoobzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This should be on top of the list. The respec system absolutely punishes and confuses players -- this is coming from someone who has dropped a few hundred on Zen, bought the Guardian Pack and has no problem with costs and so forth, but this punishes the entire player base.

/signed
    "A Wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to."

-
    edited May 2013
    game only offers vague descriptions about each stat (mostly dictionary/common sense definitions of the words). New players only sees which stats are prim/sec/tert stats not the exact bonuses that each one gives you (which clearly affects dedicated builds). The only way to make informed ability rolls is to make the char first, check the feats, see the stat bonuses then remake the character- it's very time-consuming and inefficient. When making chars they should allow you to see the feats of the class and the stat bonuses of abilities.

Since the game is currently lacking on the above points, they should allow us to completely re-roll abilities so that we can fully reconfigure our toons instead of doing straight deletion and going through the whole level-up process all over again on the same class.

We need some dev replies in here, and see what they think about this.
    edited May 2013
    Please address this issue Perfect World, this is a huge issue!
  • qticaqtica Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I lucked out with choosing the "proper" scores, I know many who did not. Many of my friends went with different rolls which they envisioned could be best, but just turned out to be worse than the "cookie-cutter rolls." To the people I play with, it is very important to min/max, and having to start a new toon to do so is not fun.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really should be requesting refunds for everyone who has ever bought a reset. They shouldn't be charging real money for this in a "BETA" riddled with vague descriptions, buggy feats/skills, and undisclosed game mechanics.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I fully support this! First the descriptions are not good enough when you start your char. For several classes the main attribute is not really the best attribute etc...

And I would also say that everybody should have one respec token for free.

Charging 6$ for something you have to buy because you are not a D&D maniac and they lack descriptive skills just sux..
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    9 pages on this topic, near 100% agreement and no developer response to this? really? wtf? maybe we need more response on the topic because it seems a valid concern. I used my freebie respect token fully expecting to be able to reset my starting stats as well. Rudely surprised. Address this please.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see a new item coming. Reincarnation Token.

Respec token is just that, REspec. Feats, powers.

Reinc token will be the whole thing. Race, ability scores...etc etc.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    can we get a developer response on this one please?
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
    edited May 2013
    I've invested so much time and effort into my character, I don't think asking PW to offer this service is too much to ask. Ability scores are gigantic in this game, and upon character creation the fact that we could never re-roll these scores / their importance was not properly conveyed. It would be so simple to just offer this service via the Zen store, I really don't get it.
  • drekorsilverfangdrekorsilverfang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love to be able to reroll stats.
    edited May 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    9 pages on this topic, near 100% agreement and no developer response to this? really? wtf? maybe we need more response on the topic because it seems a valid concern. I used my freebie respect token fully expecting to be able to reset my starting stats as well. Rudely surprised. Address this please.

D: I would also want them to share their thoughts about this

but until then, keep the bumps guys! Our points are solid and totally makes sense!
  • jayws84jayws84 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    From a DnD-perspective, you should be stuck with your ability scores and form your character around those. But this game is pretty much DnD in name only, so from a gameplay perspective I agree that your should be able to re-roll your ability scores.

Race on the other hand.. nope. If you could do that, it's not a far stretch to be able to change class.
    edited May 2013
    yep, but at least in normal DnD games, it shows you what the stat actually does, in NWN when buying ability scores for example you get to see how much bonus hp you get from con, or if u get below 10 int it says you can't communicate properly which affects dialogue. Here, given that the descriptions are very lacking, they still expect us to make the right rolls without a chance to re-allocate them in the future.
    edited May 2013
    Please allow me to properly min/max my character perfect world, this needs to be offered via the zen store!
This discussion has been closed.