Install Arc
Options

$6 is nothing.

Comments

• Options
    daas66daas66 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    You're right, $6 is nothing, it's the principle of charging anything for an MMO staple such as respecs that is the problem.

Furthermore, the idea of charging RL cash for respecs in a game admittedly still in beta.
    Daas - Half-elven Trickster Rogue
    Order of the Silver Dragons - Dragon Shard
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dp
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    What basic funcionality?

Do they charge you to unlock endgame areas? Skills, Powers, hotkeys?

Do you need the rank 30 pets to beat the game?

Do you need more than 1 character slot to level a character to 60?

Learn how to read and you can answer that question yourself.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But how many of those are happy players? :P

Gamers; if they can't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan about something then they aren't happy.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    97.45% of fanboi/fangrl who respond to polls think it is the best and most fairly valued mmo ever released.

Every gamer not interested in shameless overpriced p2w didnt respond.

Oddly enough, you could say the same about this game, no? Lots of people dislike the pricing, but the "fanboi/fangrl" posters think it's completely fair and reasonable.

Funny how opinions are.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Learn how to read and you can answer that question yourself.

The charge of proof lies on the accusing party, not the defending one. So if you want to actually critize something, give reasons. Or else you're not different from a grumpy old man that yells at the clouds just because they're raining.

Which basic functionality traits do you need to purchase in order to enjoy the normal features of the game? Or are you complaining because they don't give you enough convenience and snowflaking perks?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    The charge of proof lies on the accusing party, not the defending one. So if you want to actually critize something, give reasons. Or else you're not different from a grumpy old man that yells at the clouds just because they're raining.

Which basic functionality traits do you need to purchase in order to enjoy the normal features of the game? Or are you complaining because they don't give you enough convenience and snowflaking perks?

Blah, blah, blah.....

Only 15 mins to go folks and we can be out of this forum hell.
  • Options
    shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but you CAN mess with your Power points.

When you create your first character you have no idea how the powers mechanics works. You can't say for sure if that power or the other one is optimized for you without reach their max levels. This is called experimentation.

People should stop calling people morons just because they spent some points on useless skills.

PWE/Cryptic should be more generous and offer a free re spec at 60 or cut the price by half. They're charging a lot of things, they're expect us to spend the power points on the optimized skills without a proper knowledge? Oo
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    Oddly enough, you could say the same about this game, no? Lots of people dislike the pricing, but the "fanboi/fangrl" posters think it's completely fair and reasonable.

Funny how opinions are.

Yeap - because alot of those polls are only sampling the group that is still playing the game, most of whom are satisfied.

I think the pricing could be made more reasonable, but some who come up with one example of another company being just as unreasonable believe that is justification enough to charge through the nose. "Some other MMO does it, so this one should too" - while part of the reason why alot of us play a particular one is because it sets itself apart from others, rather than doing the same thing as others.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Drug dealers are business men too, that's why they give free samples.

LOL, who told you that? Nancy Reagen?
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blah, blah, blah.....

Only 15 mins to go folks and we can be out of this forum hell.

Still you're avoiding the simple, yet clear questions.

You guys really have to put some effort in your trolling atempts, this is getting boring. :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Yeap - because alot of those polls are only sampling the group that is still playing the game, most of whom are satisfied.

I think the pricing could be made more reasonable, but some who come up with one example of another company being just as unreasonable believe that is justification enough to charge through the nose. "Some other MMO does it, so this one should too" - while part of the reason why alot of us play a particular one is because it sets itself apart from others, rather than doing the same thing as others.

I think if they made the prices more reasonable/lower, they'd sell a lot more items, which would probably make them more money in the long run.

$10 is "nothing" too, but how many people fork over the cash for extra bags?
    $20 is "nothing", but how many people pay for a purple companion?
    $30 is "nothing", but how many people pay for a fast mount?
    Etc.

All those little "nothings" add up pretty fast. If extra bags were $2-3, I'd probably be pretty tempted to buy a few. But for $10? Nope, can't justify that to myself. Maybe I'm stingy, but when I look at other games that allow you to pick up bags by crafting or just buying them with in-game cash, I balk at spending real money for something like that.
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think people are missing an even BIGGER point.

WoW is $180/year or $15/mo. How many character slots do you get? 6 per SERVER??? Not 2 for ALL servers but 6 per whatever server you decide to roll that up on. Even if you get 2 per server, that still leaps and bounds above what NWO is offering. Ok, now lets do some math..... That's $30-90 PER CHARACTER you pay for depending on your penchant for playing alts.

Now, if you want a basic number (pulling this number out from another post on Cash shop prices) for how much you spend PER CHARACTER in this game is $145. So now we are up to $290 and that isn't even if you shell out some cash to play a 3rd alt on the same account. Then you play another $145 ON TOP of the cost of a added character slot, which (without looking at the zen shop) I'll go out on a limb and say it costs $10. Now we are up to $445. And that is not even counting buying dye packs, keys, or RESPECS!!!

I'm gonna say...PW market is a big cash grab that doesn't really go back into the game at all. It's a scam, and they set the prices so high because they are not confident enough in their game that they wanna get the bucks and move on to another game leaving the player base to continue to add foundry quests to 'keep it active'.

Have fun with that.
  • Options
    zhoryanzhoryan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys got to quit *****ing on the forums and actually play the game. I managed to farm up to 3k zen only by trading in the auction house, before hitting level 60. It's not that hard, you just got to do some trading and level your professions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    I think if they made the prices more reasonable/lower, they'd sell a lot more items, which would probably make them more money in the long run.

$10 is "nothing" too, but how many people fork over the cash for extra bags?
    $20 is "nothing", but how many people pay for a purple companion?
    $30 is "nothing", but how many people pay for a fast mount?
    Etc.

All those little "nothings" add up pretty fast. If extra bags were $2-3, I'd probably be pretty tempted to buy a few. But for $10? Nope, can't justify that to myself. Maybe I'm stingy, but when I look at other games that allow you to pick up bags by crafting or just buying them with in-game cash, I balk at spending real money for something like that.

Yeah exactly - I see alot of replies focusing on one item saying its either overpriced or not. The issue to me isnt the one item, but how much of the entire experience is monetized. NWO monetizes quality of life items that can be found in many other games for in game gold/plat. To players of those other games it seems like each time they blink theres some new thing they would be getting in another game for crafting or in game plat that the most convenient way to acquire here is paying cash. It gets old quick.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Just play rift next month f2p, ton of mounts, bags and respecs that dont cost any real money, plus the game world is huge. And cool open world events.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW36eYS5i0c
  • Options
    avalissaavalissa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are plenty of things that would sell super well that don't punish players who don't want to pay for them (already in the shop or not). Armor dye. Armor/weapon models. Silly hats. Just so many other ways to make a buck off the cash shop that don't negatively impact play and are still highly desirable purchases.

The skill reset and cost just come off as the NW guys outright laughing at the playerbase. "Oh, that tooltip was misleading? LOL, $6 or you're stuck with those points in it." For the future, I can fully see them not bothering to reset skill points if they ever patch/balance skills either. What better way to cash grab than change stuff? Make people feel like they need to fork out for resets to stay competitive.

valvexen wrote: »
    Just play rift next month f2p, ton of mounts, bags and respecs that dont cost any real money, plus the game world is huge. And cool open world events.

Also this, but broader. There are plenty of other F2P games out there that won't punish you for trying out different things with your character, and the F2P market is only going to get more and more competitive/saturated with halfway decent games.
  • Options
    shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    zhoryan wrote: »
    You guys got to quit *****ing on the forums and actually play the game. I managed to farm up to 3k zen only by trading in the auction house, before hitting level 60. It's not that hard, you just got to do some trading and level your professions.

Sureeeeee ... do you have a job, son? A ducking 12-hours job?

And no, i won't play another game just because i can't handle your truth, oh glorious one!

You're in this world to make a difference, not to play games all day long.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "it's nothing n@gga , it's nothing !" Kat Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMvPU1a1vI
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A punch in the eye isn't as bad as a beating.

So the OP's train of logic is, because some other companies (which are infamous for being greedy) are doing the same bad thing, only worse. That makes this bad thing ok.

Basically:
    A is worse than B, so B isn't bad at all.

When your games are normally targeted at people who literally drop dead in internet cafes, or rich kids from Dubai, or children on mommy and daddy's coin, you can price those things for suckers.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gazza126 wrote: »
    but wait. this is a conversation about a part of the game which you can technically get for free. therefore the free content is relevant as the respec's are technically free. everything in this game is free you just also have the choice to pay for it.
    and it was only my last statement that mentioned free content the rest of it was a derivation of how to work out how much time it will take you of gameplay to pay for a single respec.
    Did you even read it or did you just jump to my final statement?

Your post was a big spiel with a few guesstimates, and from what I did read, you were more than generous with the amount of AD one could realistically get per day etc always taking the best case scenario, and ignoring the actual issue again. Which isn't that it takes x amount of time, but that it IS a zen shop item, the complaint is based on a subjective belief that it shouldn't be due to the fact it's not the most favorable of monetization practices. It feels constrictive to something that players derive fun from and thus it's considered a cash grab by them.

Me personally? I like respeccing, I'm not paying for it in this game, I'm not grinding for it in this game, and thus I don't get to respec. Does that detriment my playing? a little. Does that mean because it doesn't affect me massively I should disregard those that it's a huge bone of contention to?

Heck no. Why? because how they derive fun from the game, is important to me as a gamer and I have to respect that, so long as their derivement of fun doesn't disrupt other peoples idea of fun, what's the use in attacking them?

Yet that's all I see here, time in and time out.... constant ad hominem sniping for little more than someone asking for their fun to not be leeched off of or to have to grind incessantly so that they can afford once in a blue moon.

Anyways, that's quite enough of being sucked into this bad argument for me, I've said all I really have to say to you, ignore it or listen to it, either way I don't care
  • Options
    nexticnextic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I'm having allot of fun and spending under $15 a month and no box cost then I consider it a great deal.

Everyone needs to cut a profit.
  • Options
    gazza126gazza126 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Your post was a big spiel with a few guesstimates, and from what I did read, you were more than generous with the amount of AD one could realistically get per day etc always taking the best case scenario, and ignoring the actual issue again. Which isn't that it takes x amount of time, but that it IS a zen shop item, the complaint is based on a subjective belief that it shouldn't be due to the fact it's not the most favorable of monetization practices. It feels constrictive to something that players derive fun from and thus it's considered a cash grab by them.

Me personally? I like respeccing, I'm not paying for it in this game, I'm not grinding for it in this game, and thus I don't get to respec. Does that detriment my playing? a little. Does that mean because it doesn't affect me massively I should disregard those that it's a huge bone of contention to?

Heck no. Why? because how they derive fun from the game, is important to me as a gamer and I have to respect that, so long as their derivement of fun doesn't disrupt other peoples idea of fun, what's the use in attacking them?

Yet that's all I see here, time in and time out.... constant ad hominem sniping for little more than someone asking for their fun to not be leeched off of or to have to grind incessantly so that they can afford once in a blue moon.

Anyways, that's quite enough of being sucked into this bad argument for me, I've said all I really have to say to you, ignore it or listen to it, either way I don't care

EDIT!!
    seem's the quote took up alot of space and i didn't notice. i don't really fancy writing all that again so my ending statement was "Let's just end this on a difference of opinion"
    Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    NW-DQ7P2NSND
    A wizard's quest to save himself, and his companions
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    $15 adds up though. As opposed to F2P where you spend only how much you want to play as long as you want (until the servers close).

but to be competitive in f2p end up paying more then you would for a p2p that is general gripe many of us have. I think a majority of us that hate these prices are from sub games, or coming from things like TOR and EQ and WoW where we are so use to having full access to everything for a set fee... you can argue all you want but if you are serious about playing this game, you WILL pay more then you would subing every month.

Easy fix to this is just to give us a sub model we can use if we choose to, and call it a day. CO has one, and so does STO so why doesnt this game?
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    IMHO re-spec feature should have two options: one to pay with re-spec tokens or to another to pay with AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »

Well said, it is so hard to fathom why some people are so happy for having to pay $6 to respec or the overly high AD cost for feat respec. Being more reasonably priced would hurt no one, make the game a lot more accessable to WoW/GW2/Rift/Tera/WaR etc crowd who do expect respecs to be part of the game-cheaply.
  • Options
    brothertanbrothertan Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    Are you guys serious? The powers and feats on my rogue have been changed three times in20 days in an open beta and you argue it's fair to charge for respecs? It's a scam.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well said, it is so hard to fathom why some people are so happy for having to pay $6 to respec or the overly high AD cost for feat respec. Being more reasonably priced would hurt no one, make the game a lot more accessable to WoW/GW2/Rift/Tera/WaR etc crowd who do expect respecs to be part of the game-cheaply.

It's a curious thing indeed when people work against their own best interests, in this case lower prices for all and an item or 2 made available with in game currency, even to the length of attacking and insulting those trying to make things better.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or you could pay $15/month and get unlimited respecs on (almost) unlimited characters with in-game currency in a nameless subscription title.

I'd rather pay when I want something instead of giving money away for something I may never utilize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    gralgrathorgralgrathor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's "beta", respecs should be free. Hell, the cash shop shouldn't even be open yet. And I wouldn't mind one free respec a month or something once the game goes "live".

Still, I usually only play MMOs for a month or two before I get bored so in that short of a timeframe this is cheaper than buying a box and paying a sub.