Install Arc
Options

$6 is nothing.

Comments

• Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Actually we wouldn't, because it's within human nature to disagree about prices. The things that have value to you don't necesarily have the same value to me = price isn't the same thing as value.

Something very cheap, of good quality but you will never put into use has 0 value.

Something valuable can also be expensive. It depends on HOW MUCH valuable it is to you what determines the purchase. For many, 200 zen for a 4 dye single use pack is too much. For me, it's change honestly, as I give A LOT of value to cosmetics.

And please, let's not start with the ad hitlerum arguments or it'll be Godwin's Law again. I'm just trying to point you out that a single person can't say if a price is bad - Economy works in a broader spectrum. If people think prices are too much, they'll go lower or PWE will simply go out of business (and some have actually decreased).

Mein Fuhrerin,

I have invoked it already ( I am pretty sure it counts even if I am doing it deliberately), and I have now elected you to be the next Chancellor of this Forum. Hail victory!

Look, if I don't put it into use but I feel good about it then it has some value much like watching a movie has some value. The justification is irrelevant, what matters is the person's emotional state in the affair.

I understand, Mein Fuhrerin, your argument but at the same time please address mine - they aren't actually mutually exclusive - that is to say while a single person probably can't say a price is bad (but you can... after all you are Fuhrerin!) you can look at the demographics and say our prices don't necessarily match or aren't conducive to our target audience.

The real issue is whether or not they can charge less and make more or keep their current scheme until they're forced to lower prices. Also, the bear is once more outside pillaging my neighbor's trash can because he insists on not finishing all of his TV dinner - please send someone over to deal with him (and the bear).

But digressions aside, I think the former is better than the latter as it also gives the illusion of the customers getting the better end of things; both methods will earn money, but one of them will make your customers feel better about themselves which... since I have feelings... I prefer the former.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Respecs need a much lower cost tbh, personally i think it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that you need to pay ****loads of astrals for it and even more stupid is that it require zen. It's impossible to have a ballanced PVE and PVP spec for moast of the classes. Either they introduce dual spec that you can change every 24th hour and a way they still could make money of it would be to pay Zen to change it on demand. Or they make an expensive gold charge for it. Like everyone says, P2W is really really stupid system. Mini transactions should be limited to comsmetic stuff and pve buffs. When you start making stuff in pvp depening on real money you gonna upset alot of people and they will go elsewere.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, 0 is nothing, 6 is more than nothing.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is this simple, the people complaining about it are broke unemployed people too lazy to farm the diamonds to convert. That laziness is probably why they are unemployed in the first place.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12 bucks in DDO? Nope. Try free to re-feat your entire toon. In game plat charge to reset all enhancements and destiny points. If you want to change out classes from multiclassing then you pay, but its only 12 dollars at the ABSOLUTE WORSE POSSIBLE conversion rate.

Because of this misrepresentation your other info is suspect as well.

NWO by far isnt the lowest price for a respec. It becomes alot more frustrating in a newer game because people want to learn how the abilities stack up in relation to eachother, and dont want to be nickel and dimed to do so. This shouldnt be too hard to understand.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Obviously you did not get the joke........lol.

Cuz it was a bad joke.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    $6 could be 1 hour of pay for some people in the United States. Or a month of food for someone living in developing countries.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL. I cast judgement on all of yee who are poor!

And here is why....

You cry and cry about $6.00 as you walk around with your $600.00 Smart phone and $120.00 monthly plan. Buying your $6.00 coffee at Starbucks. Stuffing a $5.00 footlong down your gullet. Smoking your $6.00 pack of cigarettes.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    6$ is no problem. The problem is 450$ to be able to play PvP properly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Pirates of the Burning Sea - Respec=3USD, is also obtainable through in-game methods that have no relation to the cash-shop.

Star Wars The Old Republic - Respec unobtainable in cash shop, only through in-game currency which is not tied to the cash-shop.

Do I really need to go on?

Yes, yes you do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    6$ is no problem. The problem is 450$ to be able to play PvP properly

Massive assumption. If you dont suck you can play pvp just fine. Sorry you need all purples and best enchants to be able to pvp.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And those of us that do none of those things?

Need to get a better job and not spend so much time playing a video game. Or at least not take it so serious.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Most people playing F2P are middle class. The truly poor wouldn't be wasting time on an mmo game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And those of us that do none of those things?

Needs a job.
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Respecs need a much lower cost tbh, personally i think it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that you need to pay ****loads of astrals for it and even more stupid is that it require zen. It's impossible to have a ballanced PVE and PVP spec for moast of the classes. Either they introduce dual spec that you can change every 24th hour and a way they still could make money of it would be to pay Zen to change it on demand. Or they make an expensive gold charge for it. Like everyone says, P2W is really really stupid system. Mini transactions should be limited to comsmetic stuff and pve buffs. When you start making stuff in pvp depening on real money you gonna upset alot of people and they will go elsewere.

Whats the difference between expensive gold charge or expensive Astral diamonds change. I mean at the end it would still be a few day farm.

I don't get your argument, if they reduce the prices and only offers cash sop stuff for cosmetics and PVE buff and nothing related to PVP, i don't think you can expect new content, it's a mmorpg not a moba. It's not LoL they don't have 1 new map per 3 years and no game development except new characters once in a while. And face it, PvP is an entertainment only, it's not balanced, not intended to be a competitive battleground, they already said they focus on PVE content and not really address PVP issue or upgrade in priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Massive assumption. If you dont suck you can play pvp just fine. Sorry you need all purples and best enchants to be able to pvp.

Sorry, but if both parties are equal in all other aspects, the results WILL be determined by gear.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »

I stopped playing PvP and the game entirely when i noticed the huge advantage i have with my epic mount from the founders pack. People that don't pay 30$ at least for an epic mount, can't properly play PvP to begin with.

I like the game, I paid for it. I don't want an advantage from paying, which i get.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1 hour of pay in the US? Maybe if you are an illegal immigrant that is below minimum wage lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Everyone can have a great job, spend the time bettering yourself before you become a gamer. Video games are holding you back and I am being honest here. I have the job I want, I love what I do, and I can drop money on video games I enjoy and not even sweat it. I can also play as much as most unemployed and still make more than most employed.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »
    As a frequent MMO hopper I was finding it odd that people were so upset over $6 resets. Almost every game that i've played that started f2p (not p2p transitions since they were developed with skill resets in-game) has had some pretty ridiculously priced resets.

Just to name a quick few:

Neverwinter - $6
    Runes of Magic - $10
    Dungeons & Dragons Online - $12
    Phantasy Star Online 2(JP) - $13
    Continent of the ninth seal(C9) - $20
    Dragon Nest - $20

But there are many more lesser known games that charge similar prices as these. I don't remember a single game with a price as low as this where you could also earn the currency through in-game means. I'm not saying this to justify NWO's pricing, but you guys are taking this way too seriously. NWO is being WAY more generous than almost every f2p game out there. Someone please name a game that started with resets in the cash shop that is cheaper than Neverwinter?

Not to mention you have to practically be trying to mess up your power points in this game.

the problem is not the 6$, the problem is the ridiculous amount of character slots. Is the first game i've ever played that have only 2!!! If i want to play different classes i must pay, if i want a decent mount i must pay, if i want a good companion i must pay, if i want to respec, i must pay, if i want decent gear i must pay.

Probably if there was a kind of toilet in the game, i would've must payed for that too....... ;)
    Got it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Federal minimum wage in the USA is 7.25USD an hour.

Yeah the guy said 6$ was 1 hour of work in the US. Besides if you are making less than, ill be reasonable 10$ per hour working a full 40 hour week with no family to provide for, you shouldn't be playing video games.

Your happy *** should be in school to learn how to get a better job.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    1 hour of pay in the US? Maybe if you are an illegal immigrant that is below minimum wage lol.

$7.25 minus tax .. yeah take home is around $6 bucks.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Needs a job.

**** you, and you, and you and you (points at people with similiar opinion)
    I personally dont have this problem as Im freelancer but in country I'm from actually 6$ is worth 2 to 3 hours of basic work (think kfc or mac, or cashier at shop)

Its not that simple.
    Lets just face fact that anyone that cant throw 10$ bills around, is practically pleb and not a target of pwe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not really, with earned income if you are making that little you get it all back.