What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

$6 is nothing.

Comments

• Options
    xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NWO is also looked at as a premium AAA game. You have a lot of people playing NWO who are used to P2P games or games like GW2. These people have no choice but to enter the f2p market the way things are going and I think companies are going to find out the hard way the current prices are going to be unacceptable to a lot of people.

Not to mention the games you mention have had complaints about their cash shops for a long, long time. Personally I wish the game had gone the GW2 rout. Pay for the box then a reasonable cheaper cash shop. Instead we get PWE's idea of f2p which is anything but reasonable. And yes, I have spent money and will continue to do so, so long as the game remains fun.
  • Options
    fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What many of you are overlooking is for many classes, most all of them actually, your spec determines how you play and different specs are needed for different types of play, like pve vs pvp. Case in point, I run a healing cleric as my main, but lets say I wanted to change to dps for pvp, or for pve just for a change, now it costs me 6 bucks to respec? then if my guild needs me to heal a dungeon I've gotta respec back? Yeah you can pick up all the skills you need to do both with the points alotted, but the AD cost to respec talents is fairly cost prohibitive, at least currently. I could roll a second cleric, but that cost extravagantly more, as the cost for character slot, bags and bank slots alone for each new character is 50-60 bucks.
  • Options
    gazza126gazza126 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I typically get a chance to play maybe an hour or two a day. I'm level 25 with 70k AD, so it makes sense for someone with even less time.

okay so lets see. if you only pray once a day thats 250 RAD (am i right on that??) so the game went into open beta on April 30. thats 15 days. now lets say it took 2 days to get to level 11 (feeling generous today) so thats 13 days of praying. we also had the 3 days of double AD but i'm not going to include that. so still on 13 days.

375*13 = 4,875. but then praying isn't the only way to get RAD so lets factor a few other things you could do with only 59 mins of gameplay a day. so lets factor in the daily quest. i'm gunna say you can quite easily get a skirmish group and finish it in 59 mins whilst still 'playing for fun' so lets throw that in there now i'm not sure on the amount you get from the skirmish daily quest i'm going to assume about 1000 RAD (please correct me if i'm wrong).

so we'll say we have 4,875 + 13000. Thats 17,875 so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt (although they did say they've got 24000 which means they play for longer than 1 hour a day or maybe do a skirmish and pvp.
    Lies. 0 is something. NULL is unset. I am happy I am not a user of your software.

they need a + rep button :L. you my good sir deserve some AD....

EDIT
    Turns out its 375 RAD for first invocation, i've changed my calculation's to match this
    Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    NW-DQ7P2NSND
    A wizard's quest to save himself, and his companions
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »
    My point was it's nothing compared to what other games charge you, not that it's a trivial price for the consumer. Did you even read the first post?

Kid, 6 bucks is nothing, add in all the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I bet you end up spending far more for than that sub. If you don't have big spenders who is going to support the freeloaders like me?
  • Options
    hoyfjeldhoyfjeld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was playing wow and pay 5 dollars for a month with an agreement.Stats and skills changes with gold. Also you can change your power builds in a second between builds. So what ? I am not going to pay dollars to power change. Because, there aren't any end game process or boss, there are holes about story, in queues you will be group up 5 gwf, they said control wizard is controlling around in boss fighting but not,need more spells, there aren't too many classes and dual class system or anything from old frp games.So,THIS WEIRD GAME IS NOT DUE TO LEGEND STORY OF DRIZZT OR cadderly or bruneor or wulfgar or anyone and anything. This is just a game which is an ordered by investors. That's all. I wish developers built this game so differently with balance between rp,pve and pvp.I wish we can contunie to dungeons without care about GS. But not. I learnt about how can you kill a legend from this game.Nothing more.
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    You're right, $6 is nothing, it's the principle of charging anything for an MMO staple such as respecs that is the problem.

So if i understand you right a game that you do not have to buy to play is wrong to charge modest fees for services that a game you buy for 60+ dollars and charges 15 dollars a month even if you use none of the services is wrong to charge modest fees? You do realize that the whole point of Perfect World is to make a profit just like any other company?
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    These people think PW is to make them happy at all costs. I keep seeing people say "i'm not going to pay such and such amount", i'm just waiting for them to keep their word.
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    It seems as though you only read the first sentence of my post. I explained that. Every character gets a FREE respec to start with, however. If you want to purchase ADDITIONAL respecs, you can.

you do realize you get a free respec in this game as well
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warehouse workers aren't drivers. Drivers actually make really good money.

So do warehouse workers from the same company. In fact so do most warehouse workers. There are not that many jobs that pay minimum wage, unless you are driving down burger alley you wont see many of them.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Obviously you did not get the joke........lol.

And he have bad manners too don't forget that...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Warehouse workers typically work for 10-14USD an hour, and work ridiculous hours doing physically exhausting work. Drivers for the same companies tend to make upwards of 25-40USD an hour, and sit on their butt for most of the time.

LOL uninformed, example UPS starting wage is around 14.50 per hour, the dock guys work only part time, and UPS will pay for them to go to school to get a better job in the company. A friend of mine is a senior IT tech for UPS and started there at 18 on the docks (where everyone starts) and they sent him to school, 2 years later he is making 40k per year sitting on his *** most of the time, and has some great benefits.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    LOL. I cast judgement on all of yee who are poor!

And here is why....

You cry and cry about $6.00 as you walk around with your $600.00 Smart phone and $120.00 monthly plan. Buying your $6.00 coffee at Starbucks. Stuffing a $5.00 footlong down your gullet. Smoking your $6.00 pack of cigarettes.

There must be a quantity based volume discount on straw men today.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    baaddare wrote: »
    So if i understand you right a game that you do not have to buy to play is wrong to charge modest fees for services that a game you buy for 60+ dollars and charges 15 dollars a month even if you use none of the services is wrong to charge modest fees? You do realize that the whole point of Perfect World is to make a profit just like any other company?

They aren't modest, they are bait and switch type tactics to lure the gullible into spending far more money than they should. Kind of like the stripper who I was sure loved me.
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    I do not see how you only have 24k ad, if you have played every single day since launch you could have prayed 3 times each day and gotten more AD than that.

I've played just about every day since it went open beta. Praying 2-3 times a day, generally. My character with the largest bank of AD has about 16k. The first invocation typically nets me around 300-500 AD. The second MIGHT get me 100 (maybe 25% of the time). Anything beyond that gets me a blessing, and nothing else.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    They aren't modest, they are bait and switch type tactics to lure the gullible into spending far more money than they should. Kind of like the stripper who I was sure loved me.

A business trying to make money, the sin, I guess all corps should be run by bankers, just lose money and get the government to pay for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The average warehouse employee for UPS makes 25,000USD a year which works roughly to 12USD an hour assuming a 40 hour work week. The average warehouse employee including all companies makes 18,000USD a year.

The dock workers at UPS work 20-25 hours per week. So the hourly is much higher than you think. It is a Union driven company and their starting wage is 14.50 per hour. Nobody goes there planning to be a life long dock worker either, UPS trains and promotes from within. Every driver you have ever seen worked as a dock worker when he started. It is part of their training process.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    baaddare wrote: »

No you must have misunderstood. NW charges an outrageously high price for a basic functionality that is free (available for very little in game currency) in all major AAA mmos, one of which you can buy for just $60 with no sub. Not to mention other mmos that have gone f2p like Tera.

We are all hoping the best for the companies that bring us these great games, but we would like to not be sent bankrupt in the process of enjoying them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A business trying to make money, the sin, I guess all corps should be run by bankers, just lose money and get the government to pay for it.

Drug dealers are business men too, that's why they give free samples.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    No you must have misunderstood. NW charges an outrageously high price for a basic functionality that is free (available for very little in game currency) in all major AAA mmos, one of which you can buy for just $60 with no sub. Not to mention other mmos that have gone f2p like Tera.

We are all hoping the best for the companies that bring us these great games, but we would like to not be sent bankrupt in the process of enjoying them.

One of which you can buy for $60 with no sub, which everyone considers a failure you forgot to add that part.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Drug dealers are business men too, that's why they give free samples.

Yeah then they charge outrageously high prices for the next hit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah UPS is all union driven, their dock workers do not make as much as anyone else in the company by the hour, but they do not get slave driven and have great working conditions as well. Plus UPS gives them the opportunity to advance their lives on the company dime (like paying for school to get a better position). It is a nice company to work for really, my friend really loves his job, he has great benefits, 40k a year is not that much in the modern world but the benefits make it worth it + they respect him.

Plus the company knows that the dock workers are the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> jobs, so they make EVERYONE do it for a period of time, I am not sure the minimum requirement but I think its at least 2 years before you can move to another position.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am just not fond of being nickel and dimed. Nor the constant reminder to pay money like the constant horse ads. Many have paid far more than a box plus a year's sub.

To each their own, I have blown far more on my vices.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah then they charge outrageously high prices for the next hit.

Kind of like PWE no?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep and I do not blame either one. I pay money here and there, probably spent $100 so far, and no complaints about it. I am enjoying the game. $100 is less than I would pay for 1 night out with a woman that might not even put out so no fun.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    One of which you can buy for $60 with no sub, which everyone considers a failure you forgot to add that part.

Not true; actually 97.45% of gamers think it is the best and most fairly valued mmo ever released.
  • Options
    shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    It is this simple, the people complaining about it are broke unemployed people too lazy to farm the diamonds to convert. That laziness is probably why they are unemployed in the first place.

And now sir you're the "Doushebag" of the Year
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »

What basic funcionality?

Do they charge you to unlock endgame areas? Skills, Powers, hotkeys?

Do you need the rank 30 pets to beat the game?

Do you need more than 1 character slot to level a character to 60?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!