Install Arc
Options

$6 is nothing.

Comments

• Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gazza126 wrote: »
    $6 in a game where everything can be earned in game (albeit it takes alot of time) is not really that much of a big deal. come-on $6 is what 600 zen. the AD to zen conversion at the moment is roughly 370AD = 1zen. 600 zen is = 370*600 = 222000 .
    now it is wholly possible to get 24000 RAD a day. that means without using the auction house at all it will take 9.25 days to get 600 zen. lets round that up to 10.
    now most people will be selling stuff on the AH aswell so lets also factor that in. lets say at a minimum 1000 AD per day from the auction house so the equation factors out to be for x amount of zen (x = (370*x) / ((RAD+AD)/day)) so for a 600 zen we can say (600 = (370*600) / (24000 + 1000) = 8.88 days). obviously you have to take into account how much RAD you get per day and also how much AD your making from auction house but i think its pretty safe to say that at higher levels 12 days (not straight) of gaming is the max its going to take to get a respec...

it's debates like this that make me feel that my choice in careers was not the best i could have chosen. but hey ho it's kind of fun laughing at people complaining about something there being given for free

The arguments aren't about the free content. The free content is not even relevant really.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    $6 to give unlimited respecs for one character would be more reasonable than the current price which is nigh unaffordable. The price to respec feats in AD is also far too high.

Btw ... when you buy a cash shop re-spec it also respec both the feats and the skills. Found that out the "expensive" way.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really... 150,000 diamonds. That is = about 400 zen, thats 4 bucks ish at the current exchange, so 4 bucks is more op than 6 bucks, wow yeah math will get you everywhere....

Lets just face it, since it is a f2p game people have the attitude that they should play for free, the company making it should give it to us and not make a single penny while spending out on servers/optical bandwidth/staff/moderators etc. It should be an entire loss and we should all get to play for free... Oh yeah and STILL find things to complain about.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Respec.. Ha. Get this. I paid to respec my Cleric. Clerics for those that don't know have a Divine Power ability when pressing the TAB button. In this Divine Power Clerics have the two different abilities. Punishing Light and Soothing light. Left click and right click. With that said, I paid for one of their respecs once I got to level 60 because I had a DPS build.

While respecing I did not "add" skills to my hotbar as I went alone. So, I didn't put my "normal" at-wills into my left and right click due to this my left and right click for Divine Powers are no longer available. I cannot drag them out of my skill tree nor can I add them any other way. I made a post about this and got a dev response of.

"This happened because you did not put At-Wills into your hotbar before using your 11th point in the skill tree. The fastest way to resolve this issue is to.. You guessed it. Pay another $6 to respec"

Yes, to fix a bug in their game their suggestion was to pay money to them so I can fix it. You have got to be kidding me. So going forward I no longer have Divine Power At-Wills because I'm not willing to respec. And for those of you that say just wait for a path.. well.. I don't have Divine Power, no real point of playing the cleric.

Due to this, I made a petition to have the $$ respec removed from the game and or add another way to respec that doesn't require the player to shell out hard earned cash. (It's not a money issue I'm having, I have the money no problem) It's a standards issue I'm having.

Anyways, I made a petition to remove the $6 respec and I was quickly shut down by the forums staff asking me to not create online petitions because it's breaking rules. Well, I'm sorry but us as players have the right to do whatever we please even if that means signing a petition they dont agree with.

So, they ask me to pay for their respec to fix one of the bugs they created and when I said no and stood up for it they got mad and shut me down, Good job PWE you guys are doing a GREAT job.. (Sarcasm)
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    LOTS of MMO players like to have one of each available class.

Thats a desire, not a need to enjoy/playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    GW2 is also not F2P, and neither is GW1.

It's "purchase to play", yes. However, once you buy the basic box, you don't have to buy anything else, and have access to the entire game, including many things that you'd have to buy off the cash shop in this game. So, question: if you buy a $50 "founder's pack" in neverwinter, do you get more out of that than you do spending the same amount buying GW2? They're different pricing setups, obviously, but the principle is the same: the value of your money.

It seems as though neverwinter could price many things far lower than they are, and sell more of them, while giving people the perception of more value for their money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    LOL packages safe from warehouse workers, protip never mark a package fragile, I could grab you some youtube links of fragile packages being thrown over fences.
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I'd pay $15/mo for all content in game with in-game currency. I won't pay $6 for a single character digital one-time respec fee.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    LOL I take my trash to the dump yes, The GOVERNMENT workers at the waste treatment plant make way more than 7.25 per hour plus have great government benefits. $7.25 per hour is the lazy *** mcdonalds worker that is 40 and in his moms basement working with kids that are actually bettering themself by working at mickeyd's to pay for student loans.

nailed it :D
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gazza126 wrote: »
    $6 in a game where everything can be earned in game (albeit it takes alot of time) is not really that much of a big deal. come-on $6 is what 600 zen. the AD to zen conversion at the moment is roughly 370AD = 1zen. 600 zen is = 370*600 = 222000 .
    now it is wholly possible to get 24000 RAD a day. that means without using the auction house at all it will take 9.25 days to get 600 zen. lets round that up to 10.
    now most people will be selling stuff on the AH aswell so lets also factor that in. lets say at a minimum 1000 AD per day from the auction house so the equation factors out to be for x amount of zen (x = (370*x) / ((RAD+AD)/day)) so for a 600 zen we can say (600 = (370*600) / (24000 + 1000) = 8.88 days). obviously you have to take into account how much RAD you get per day and also how much AD your making from auction house but i think its pretty safe to say that at higher levels 12 days (not straight) of gaming is the max its going to take to get a respec...

Just playing the game normally to have fun nearly every day since "launch" I have accumulated a lot of gold but not even 24,000 AD. I don't want to slave away to earn enough for a respec. Its a game, I want to have fun playing it. And considering how much I respec in other mmos, I would go broke trying to keep up in NW at the current price.
  • Options
    gazza126gazza126 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    The arguments aren't about the free content. The free content is not even relevant really.

but wait. this is a conversation about a part of the game which you can technically get for free. therefore the free content is relevant as the respec's are technically free. everything in this game is free you just also have the choice to pay for it.
    and it was only my last statement that mentioned free content the rest of it was a derivation of how to work out how much time it will take you of gameplay to pay for a single respec.
    Did you even read it or did you just jump to my final statement?
    Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    NW-DQ7P2NSND
    A wizard's quest to save himself, and his companions
  • Options
    mrbalderusmrbalderus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the first thirty levels, it'd be faster to just make a new character than to grind enough AD to afford a single respec; seriously, I can level so fast but accumulate so little.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah 6 dollars isn't worth quibbling over but yet, some forum chaps seem to find that 6 dollars worthy of spending hours of their time harping about. Cryptic needs to make money, you don't need a respec. Cryptic employees have to eat. They have bills. A free-to-play game where no one spends money isn't going to work for them. On top of that, PWE has to get paid for their part. They're also not going to host the game for no monetary gain.

The bottom line is, if 6 bucks is too much for a respec, plan out your build better and don't respec. These whiners on the forums that come here and post every single day about how horrible it is, they're a joke. 6 bucks for 1 respec is simply not worth all this complaining.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    mrbalderus wrote: »
    For the first thirty levels, it'd be faster to just make a new character than to grind enough AD to afford a single respec; seriously, I can level so fast but accumulate so little.

Welcome to the world of F2P games.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Things are priced just fine, you can earn the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in game if you spend the time. If you want it faster you can spend the money, which in turn supports the game and keeps it open for everyone and keeps it being developed with new content. Or you can follow the GW2 model and come up with ways to grab up hundreds of thousands of $50 purchases then do mass bans on things that were your fault (or were they intentional so they could ban a buncha people and make that cash without overloading their servers) if you are not a high ranking officer in Arenanet corp you will never know.
  • Options
    fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your right :), Now name one of them with a playerbase bigger then 1.000.000 ? Ahh none of them, wonder why.

World of Tanks?!?!?
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyway, your complaints are directed toward the capitalist model, they don't sell milk, they sell entertainment, if buying ticket at the theater is too expensive, you rent the movie. If this game is too expensive, you play another.

This game is no different that any other free to play mmo, except while almost all of them are spoiled by Chinese gold sellers, PW act as the chinese gold seller. They grab the money the people would use from gold sellers into the game development. If those prices are high, it simply means it's the price people are willing to pay for that and/or time they are willing to put in the game to buy it. At this point, you can blame unemployed people with too much time or people that has an higher income than you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    But, what do we do in the case of the Dev's saying to respec to fix a bug? Should I still be paying for it? This is an issue on their end.. Why should I have to respec to fix my character?
  • Options
    gazza126gazza126 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Just playing the game normally to have fun nearly every day since "launch" I have accumulated a lot of gold but not even 24,000 AD. I don't want to slave away to earn enough for a respec. Its a game, I want to have fun playing it. And considering how much I respec in other mmos, I would go broke trying to keep up in NW at the current price.

well your not really slaving away. you can make that AD with normal gameplay and remember to use inocovation (or whatever its called) and unless you've made a horrible mistake which has made the game unplayable with your current spec (find this highly unlikely in this game) you can still use your current spec to play the game till you can get a respec.
    Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    NW-DQ7P2NSND
    A wizard's quest to save himself, and his companions
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    if buying ticket at the theater is too expensive, you rent the movie.

Nowaday people visit bittorent sites :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    But, what do we do in the case of the Dev's saying to respec to fix a bug? Should I still be paying for it? This is an issue on their end.. Why should I have to respec to fix my character?

Don't worry.. they do give out free re-spec tokens from time to time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do not see how you only have 24k ad, if you have played every single day since launch you could have prayed 3 times each day and gotten more AD than that.
  • Options
    melos777melos777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of a Free to Play game that allows proper Respeccing...

Tera comes to mind, then again, that game doesn't have talents, it has runes... which are easily swappable, a bit like Diablo 3 ability runes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nowaday people visit bittorent sites :P

People visit application sites? That's outstanding.
  • Options
    zewrakzewrak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    6>0

0= Nothing

1= Something

Therefore, 6 =/= something

Lies. 0 is something. NULL is unset. I am happy I am not a user of your software.
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'll put it this way; just because Neverwinter's the lowest, that does not mean that it is okay. Respecs should be free until such a time as the abilities are all balanced. Some are incredibly underpowered and short of trawling through the forums to find scraps of information, you'll likely end up paying for a respec sooner or later.

I'll put it this way; just because you don't like it, that doesn't mean it isn't OK. If you don't like it, then don't play. Playing MMO games isn't a right.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    It's "purchase to play", yes. However, once you buy the basic box, you don't have to buy anything else, and have access to the entire game, including many things that you'd have to buy off the cash shop in this game. So, question: if you buy a $50 "founder's pack" in neverwinter, do you get more out of that than you do spending the same amount buying GW2? They're different pricing setups, obviously, but the principle is the same: the value of your money.

It seems as though neverwinter could price many things far lower than they are, and sell more of them, while giving people the perception of more value for their money.

The guardian pack was $60, the same price as GW2 at launch. While I am quite happy with my guardian pack, obviously GW2 is much better value for money.

People keep harping on that NW is free so don't complain. Wrong. It is not free. It is not even cheap. What F2P means is that the cost of the game is inflated to subsidize freeloaders. If NW2 was b2p with a cash shop it would be much cheaper for many people than as a f2p release.

However, if they lowered the respec pricing- including the AD needed to respec feats- it wouldn't seem so comparatively expensive to me.