test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Righteousness

Comments

• rameraramera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got to end game, Got fed up with the running, ridiculous self healing and pot chugging. So I leveled I CW, Got fed up with the lack of Clerics to play at end game... So there is a lack in Cleric players at end game...now why would that be? Haven't got into the game today. When I remember what I have to go through as a cleric or CW it's like a gaming cold shower.

So Bump.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got to end game, Got fed up with the running, ridiculous self healing and pot chugging. So I leveled I CW, Got fed up with the lack of Clerics to play at end game... So there is a lack in Cleric players at end game...now why would that be? Haven't got into the game today. When I remember what I have to go through as a cleric or CW it's like a gaming cold shower.

Strange, I don't have this problem at all.

In general I gain more potions than I use, only the End Boss are bit of a problem because you won't loot any Potions. But every Class have this problem, you need potions for the End Boss which is perfectly fine.

Actually I find the Cleric one of the easiest to level up, at start it can be difficult but how higher the lvl how easier it gets. The reason that there not many Clerics is because everyone is picking TR or CW as class for there main char. A DC or CW is much more fun to play than a TR.
    signature-lili.png
  • rameraramera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    Strange, I don't have this problem at all.

In general I gain more potions than I use, only the End Boss are bit of a problem because you won't loot any Potions. But every Class have this problem, you need potions for the End Boss which is perfectly fine.

Actually I find the Cleric one of the easiest to level up, at start it can be difficult but how higher the lvl how easier it gets. The reason that there not many Clerics is because everyone is picking TR or CW as class for there main char. A DC or CW is much more fun to play than a TR.

My problem as I might failed to mention is not the inability to get potions or the gold spent on them. Is just gold. That's easy to make. Is the necessity to drink one after another on T2 bosses. That and the mob kiting are really the things that prevents me to log with my cleric. My leveling was a breeze. I only died in dungeons but never soloing. Even before AS.

And lastly about the classes of choice... I find it more entertaining to heal a group than to do pew pew. I'm sure a bunch here think the same (otherwise we wouldn't be dwelling on the healer's corner) . And I always level my healer first which is main. Same here. I love my DC but these horrid dungeon mechanics make me don't want to set a foot on any epic dungeon. And since I'm fully pve support oriented there is little else for me to do.

I also thought that the cleric was the the easiest to lvl. until I created my CW.
  • gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't think anyone have it hard leveling, its not the fastest processes compared to the other classes. But all in all its fairly decent.

The problem is dps cried because clerics are to hard to kill! really a class named a healer who specialized in closing wounds is hard to wound?

The problem is PVE and PVP where we recieve so much damage, and we have no means of doing anything against that.

Fixing the aggro problem in PVE is only half way there, you still die instantly in pvp! both would be fixed with a buff to this class.

ofc there would still be aggro problems then, but you could survive that.
  • fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    ramera wrote: »
    My problem as I might failed to mention is not the inability to get potions or the gold spent on them. Is just gold. That's easy to make. Is the necessity to drink one after another on T2 bosses. That and the mob kiting are really the things that prevents me to log with my cleric. My leveling was a breeze. I only died in dungeons but never soloing. Even before AS.

And lastly about the classes of choice... I find it more entertaining to heal a group than to do pew pew. I'm sure a bunch here think the same (otherwise we wouldn't be dwelling on the healer's corner) . And I always level my healer first which is main. Same here. I love my DC but these horrid dungeon mechanics make me don't want to set a foot on any epic dungeon. And since I'm fully pve support oriented there is little else for me to do.

I also thought that the cleric was the the easiest to lvl. until I created my CW.

Any chance you got divulge how you farm gold, my gold is going down fast because of the potion chugging and injury kits and the things I pick up on runs do not make up for the lost potions/kits
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gokkens wrote: »
    I don't think anyone have it hard leveling, its not the fastest processes compared to the other classes. But all in all its fairly decent.

The problem is dps cried because clerics are to hard to kill! really a class named a healer who specialized in closing wounds is hard to wound?

The problem is PVE and PVP where we recieve so much damage, and we have no means of doing anything against that.

Fixing the aggro problem in PVE is only half way there, you still die instantly in pvp! both would be fixed with a buff to this class.

ofc there would still be aggro problems then, but you could survive that.

Agreed PvP is zero fun and needs addressing asap. The dungeons i am getting by with kiting the mobs, not ideal but we have to work with what we have at this time. The amount of pots used is getting worse as I level more though, currently at 44 so not tried high end dungeons and can only imagine.
  • gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maceruk this is how it goes

Imagine running through a waterfall of boiling acid, without getting hit while ther's 200 people with machine guns shooting at you. You have to be fast because there is a bomb strapped to your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and for ever drop of acid that touces you a landmine goes off in the near by area.
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    It does happen. DPS Clerics are insane! Super glass cannons.

Then they need to make this debuff a part of taking a build that allows super dps, not a fully heal specced cleric, not only should the debuff fall into a dps build only, but it should also bebuff the clerics ability to heal others while they are running a dps build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Agreed PvP is zero fun and needs addressing asap. The dungeons i am getting by with kiting the mobs, not ideal but we have to work with what we have at this time. The amount of pots used is getting worse as I level more though, currently at 44 so not tried high end dungeons and can only imagine.

For PVP as a cleric I weave through my group, they have the same targeting as us, remember, the harder it is for them to target you the harder it is for you to get hit. The problem arises mostly when the group you are with want to run around soloing instead of playig the group. Most of the time though, there are at least one or two that want to stick near a group, and staying close, I mean, REALLY close to them, and hiding behind someone DOES work to hinder their ability to target you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ramera wrote: »

Ok, than I understand what you mean. I agree on the aggro, I'm using only Forgemaster's Flame as Healing Encounter and even than all the Adds are just aiming for me. This indeed affected mine pleasure to play Dungeons.

Well I like to have builds which other people don't use a lot, I like finding out what Classes are capable of. But that's the good thing that everyone can decide with path they go, healing or DPS. My first Char was a GWF btw, which I found one of the hardest to level and also one of the most boring classes :P.

I found out that most people aren
    signature-lili.png
  • kyomihkyomih Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    Add the debuff as built in to some of the paragon feat tree abilities. If a cleric wants to go full dps apply the debuff linked to some of these abilities. Keep some sort of debuff on the clerics skill that are easy autoheals on the cleric while being targeted on another player and remove it from everything else.

I can clearly understand how a dps and a heal specced cleric would be way too powerful together without any kind of debuff.
  • hashyjoehashyjoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the aggro and/or debuff were fixed, I would be willing to shell out a lot more on this game. As it stands, I only log in to pray and use professions. Let's not forget that the *BIG* patches that get released tend to be 5-10 lines long, with minor fixes.

Until we get a real patch with a real solution....PARKED!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep unfortunately for me its the same story.
    My cleric is asleep until they retune the class and the agro generation.

On an average to poor epic T2 pirate run with a pug, expect to use between 30 and 50 health pots.
    I normally carry 300 of them just to be safe. I stopped buying the res scrolls as I felt it was better to just let the group die and also experience my pain once I had been 'mobbed'

I guesstimate that Cryptic lose up to $200 per month from me, as I am a big fan of the cash shop and have
    no problem blowing that money. Online F2P is a cheap hobby when compared to drinking and strippers :-)
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump

Notrighteousness
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got a level 50 Cleric specced primarily for damage (crit chance, recovery, power) and the pot use is insane in boss fights. I've got another one I've started leveling up I'm going to spec more for tanking (recovery, defense, deflection or regen) to see if there's any difference at all. If there's not, he should at least be able to take a few more hits than my 50 (although now that he's got Astral Shield, things have gotten much better ;) )
  • normzillanormzilla Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is pretty much why I won't do runs without a second cleric anymore. While double cleric is faceroll and boring, the alternative is chugging so many potions that I have to sell all my drops for gold just to buy enough for another run. Exciting stuff.
  • arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Astral Shield can no longer be stacked, according to the new update:http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

However, they don't mention anything about Righteousness.
  • mojo00mojo00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WTB Dev response on this terrible mechanic.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why does it seem that DEV's wanted to alienate the DC's in there game.

Sure, DC's you wanted aggro fixed...we'll take away ANY chance you had a survival...now enjoy your...less aggro (which will still put us at the top of aggro charts because the GWF and GF are too busy slobbering over who is gonna tank the boss...)

Sheesh, I'm rerolling to CW, tyvm.
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    It does happen. DPS Clerics are insane! Super glass cannons.

If you are being serious I would like to see a link. I am trying to figure out how to increase my DPS and I do not see how I could beat a TR or even a good CW GWF.

And I agree, out burst healing is not there, so health stones will still be used by DC.
    2.jpg
  • nixwanixwa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So we receive significant nerfs *and* no compensation to make us able to survive. Sure, we won't receive *as much* aggro as before, but I highly doubt that we're in the clear. Shaving 20%, or even 10% off of the debuff would be significant enough to compensate (though I definitely think we shouldn't have the debuff for dungeons in the first place.)
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bumping this - am absolutely ****ing astonished that PWE has just completely ignored this. no word form aandre or sominator or dez or anyone even recognizing that there is a concern about this - there are multiple threads on the same issue, and though i see Zeb merge threads here and there, this, along with its carbon copies, have gone unspoken of in the NW community. A really, really big blunder on their part. GG.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Aye its gonna be super fun trying to solo heal a T2 with 66% uptime on AS now. You think your using alot of pots now? lol just wait. At least they are sharing the love ... the other classes will have to use pots in those 5s no AS windows too now !!
  • maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    Well at least the changes didn't include:

Righteousness: Incoming heals now reduced by 100% instead of the improper 40%.
  • nixwanixwa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's hard to take a "look on the bright side" comment seriously when it would either A) never happen or B) Completely break the game.
  • warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do agree it's a meh Mechanic.. one that I feel is good for PvP but bad for PvE, and they should make it a PvP only Mechanic. Just my 2 cents.
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Just reading that made me more ill than I was on sunday after the last Game of Thrones episode.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Oh, that's becaue they still havent noticed the bug where it actually allows us to heal for 60%. It will be adressed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Oh, that's becaue they still havent noticed the bug where it actually allows us to heal for 60%. It will be adressed soon.

HA. Don't say that out loud! Now they'll actually acknowledge this thread and after maintenance, the 60% will get hotfixed. :P
  • noobiieenoobiiee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cleric is my favourite class, i like it's gameplay in NW buuuuut as i said in posts and threads, i hate righteousness its unfair, and the aggro makes it worse, the spectative of devs destroying our only skill that is good but without upgrading any of the others or lower righteousness is the worst they can make.
    My decision is leave me cleric apart, only login for the AD of the gods, im not either playing CW or TR or GF i rather go to rift is more fun i can do dps and heals and i play as part of my role.
    See you guys untill the maybe never future patch of a fix on clerics.