What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Status Updates

Comments

• Options
    droozeldroozel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice communication, keep up a good work!
  • Options
    securitassecuritas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me too :( Whats going on ?
  • Options
    loqelexloqelex Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!

So, what is the issue?
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    so funny to see all these noobs cry when the server crashes, someone needs to make a youtube video of some of these responses to beta play being down. lol
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jdrive wrote: »
    I'm not popping in thread to gripe, but THIS comment got old several years ago. You can't just slap "BETA" on every piece of software and cry immunity to any complaints. This goes double for "beta" games with cash shops and no character wipes. It's not beta testing, it's an early release. It is a company squeezing money out of a game as soon as humanly possible at the expense of delivering a quality product.

That being said, I've been really impressed with the game so far. Downtime is to be expected. My only real complaint so far is the way they lock character classes into such specific roles, which they don't have many of to start with. I don't even like saying "classes" to describe what my character is, as it is NOT what classes are from D&D and can be misleading. I'm having a blast on my rogue though. Perfect for me.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    nekonomicsnekonomics Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, it was up for a very short bit right after the update in the OP, but I guess they brought it back down for further diagnostics.
  • Options
    gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    k they got thge launcher goin again. Now its just the servers
  • Options
    evilllevilll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this is the best communicating team I have ever seen, in any game I played.
  • Options
    mideonap2mideonap2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged in for about 15 seconds and kicked me, it was like a woman cutting me off from a **** grab.....
  • Options
    macdante1macdante1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you can't play, don,t cry like old woman! Go to church, or go to sleep... give a brake ! Its only Hardware and PrfectTeam working on a solution (his need a time to bring necromancer and server hamster resurect) :)
  • Options
    tethidecanstethidecans Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I meant to play earlier and would have stopped at about this time but instead, I accidentally fell asleep. While sleeping I was having a pretty intense dream about an abandoned building where I was supposed to meet some people but something felt odd. I had walked up some stairs and peeked in an open door, calling out to anyone around. There was no answer and then I felt a strange cold and started to walk backwards down the stairs staring at the doorway when some creepy *** ghost showed up and then lunged at me and then into me like Neo did at the end of Matrix into Smith. Then I woke up and decided to come play this game only to find out the servers had crashed at what could have been the same exact moment that ghost jumped into me in my dream. It's weird as hell...
  • Options
    carlbobocarlbobo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone is cranky....
    "I game therefore I am."
    Proud member of the Order of the Silver Rose
    http://orderofthesilverrose.enjin.com
  • Options
    sekkurelsekkurel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Well from Connecting to account server now i get the Connecting to the login server. Progress !!!
  • Options
    zenlifezenlife Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    It's what like the first week of open beta? I can't imagine! Next we will be pooping in holes in the ground...sigh, i <throws a hanky in the wind>
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    sabo630 wrote: »
    so funny to see all these noobs cry when the server crashes, someone needs to make a youtube video of some of these responses to beta play being down. lol

Totally, how dare those paying customers demand a working product. Didn't they see the label "beta", which exempts cryptic from delivering anything at all while still raking in all the money? C'mon guys, it's *beta*. Be happy they give you anything at all for you measly $200, they might as well have taken $500 for less! Be thankful!
  • Options
    elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO housework is calling if the servers do not go up soon I am going to have to go and do some ahhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Thanks for being up and around at those late hours!
    koranes wrote: »
    come on guys get your hardware/software under control.

Quoted both for truth.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    At least it didn't happen during prime time. I mean it happened at 12:30 a.m. west coast time. It could have been much worse.
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No matter what any of you think, it's beta, and things happen.

Nothing will change that, especially your crying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    floppyhorsefloppyhorse Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    Totally, how dare those paying customers demand a working product. Didn't they see the label "beta", which exempts cryptic from delivering anything at all while still raking in all the money? C'mon guys, it's *beta*. Be happy they give you anything at all for you measly $200, they might as well have taken $500 for less! Be thankful!

im assuming youre being factitious but despite that youre absolutely right.

the game has not released yet and people have no right to play the game yet.

this "soft release" may be a thing nowadays but the game is still in beta, if they want to let you play then more power to you. if not then oh well.
  • Options
    digitalasylumdigitalasylum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really do enjoy reading all the trolling complaints. Very amusing.
  • Options
    nightshade144nightshade144 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We're aware that the servers are inaccessible at the moment and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!

We'll update this post with more info as soon as we have it.

Thanks again! :)

Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!

I am really happy with the quick response and keeping us players in the loop on these issues. So far I have been very happy with this game and will most likely continue to play it. Keep up the awesome work and please remember that keeping us in the loop will keep most players happy.
  • Options
    oberon70oberon70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is right it is beta....and they will get it back up.
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I have netflix and Forsaken World as a backup. And if all else fails, there's always solitaire.
  • Options
    doctor253doctor253 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    great job team
  • Options
    xccess78xccess78 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, because paying for the unfinished product, knowing that that is what you do, gives you the right to moan that the product is not finished. That seems sensible.
  • Options
    unibrownunibrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you want to play a stable game you should not play it in the beta stage.
  • Options
    havenrlhavenrl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just up and was excited to play some neverwinter on my 12 cleric this morning.
    I will be patient.

Keep up the good work, very good game!
  • Options
    digitalasylumdigitalasylum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    This is why I have netflix and Forsaken World as a backup. And if all else fails, there's always solitaire.

Yay for Solitaire!!!
  • Options
    webangelwebangel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Beta, so ... (:
    Fire and Blood!
This discussion has been closed.