Install Arc
Options

Cash shop prices

Comments

• Options
    spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    1. "I can tell at level 5"..... At level 10, you get an 18 slot bag as a quest reward.

2. How does "$10 for a permanent bag" = "$20 a month maybe more"?

Like I said earlier. yeah - it'd be nice if the prices were a bit lower. But the level of irrational whine in this thread is just stunning.

If people have alts, it can get pretty expensive.
  • Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every one needs to just not buy from the shop to show we will not stand for it
  • Options
    kaos3083kaos3083 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    blooddath wrote: »
    I bought the $60 founders pack. Playing Free to play and spending $60 would have been like 10 times better. This game is a pathetically obvious money grab. I like the game, PW is just a terrible company.

As much as i agree with you it could be worse it could be an aeria game....
  • Options
    karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you look at PW's other mmo's then you will see its them who decided the prices. Their cash shop in all games has been over the top expensive.
    I spend alot of money on good f2p games that have a balanced cash shop. Like LoL spent about $300, Planetside 2 spent about $200
    How much will I spend in neverwinter? a big fat $0
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 i agree. This is getting out of hand, inventory space, respec and more are NOT just convenience, this game turning out idd p2w. Its a great game but wtf, 7 euros for a respec, 10 for a bag what is this..
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    blooddath wrote: »
    I bought the $60 founders pack. Playing Free to play and spending $60 would have been like 10 times better. This game is a pathetically obvious money grab. I like the game, PW is just a terrible company.

Do you work for another company all your posts are its a rip and u know u can get a refund. Whats ur angle
  • Options
    bwoodlawlbwoodlawl Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My buddy and I were in Mumble and we were going to drop 10-15 bucks each on the store. When we saw the prices for stuff on it, it completely turned us off to the thought. We will not support a company so BLATANTLY greedy, simple as that. $6 for a respec, REALLY? A Free feature in every other game, you're charging $6??
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bwoodlawl wrote: »
    My buddy and I were in Mumble and we were going to drop 10-15 bucks each on the store. When we saw the prices for stuff on it, it completely turned us off to the thought. We will not support a company so BLATANTLY greedy, simple as that. $6 for a respec, REALLY? A Free feature in every other game, you're charging $6??

Unless you're respeccing as often as you use the bathroom, you're not gonna remember you spent six dollars on it.

This game does NOT make money off box sales so prices of things are naturally going to be higher and slightly more intrusive on gameplay.

You are NOT forced at all to buy anything. You do not NEED to buy anything actually.

IMPATIENCE is the only thing you should blame when you regret spending 20 dollars or 40 or even 6 I guess.

This thread is funny.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people have alts, it can get pretty expensive.

it can get pretty expensive....................if they're pretty impatient.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gendrack wrote: »
    Pay real money to respec, hmm how about NO.

This is by far the whorst moneygrab ever, i was willing to pay the game for cosmetics but this is blackmail. No i will not spent money on respec and if i c that my char is broken because of this, bb. I put blindly (bad move) 10 euros and i thought hey i could buy smthing, then i saw the prices on a single bag and i was like wtf.
    10 euros, my last euros.
    And dont get me wrong the game is amazing.
  • Options
    slashcryslashcry Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    it can get pretty expensive....................if they're pretty impatient.

What does patience have to do with every character needing overpriced bags?
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is only one thing I would change about the respec tokens. I would add different quality tokens that work for different level ranges. A respec at lvl60 for $5 I can live with, but it would be cool if a lvl30 character only had to buy a token costing $2.50. A scaling cost is how we are used to respecs working, it is how they work for feat respecs. Why not power respecs too? It would make it a little more reasonable for people who want to change things up while leveling since they aren't making as much AD.
  • Options
    jestwahjestwah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paying for respecs is crazy. It's possible I get
    Cash shop items by simply playing though right? I mean you can trade diamonds for zen correct?
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slashcry wrote: »
    What does patience have to do with every character needing overpriced bags?

for example, I've got my starter 600k AD. And now I have 1 greater bag and almost 3mil AD without spending a dime. They may be "overpriced" but you get them eventually free (and value them more which is better then just automatically get them for nothing like other games, why to have 5 bag slot then?).

Also you don't need them. You have 30bag at start. And another 18+12 soon. I haven't "need" for more space. It is just little inconvenience, nothing more.

Another misled information is that ID scrolls are expensive. They are not. I ID everything before I sell it. It is worth. Because you CAN convert gold to AD pretty well right now.
  • Options
    iluuroiluuro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree here. I don't mind a free-to-play game where you have to pay for extra features, but the prices seem very high. Bank slots are too expensive and the purple keys too. I really like this game, but I can't help feeling a bit cheated out as I bought one of the big founder packs believing that I could buy at least some of the desired features with Astral Diamonds. Of course that part is my own fault and as a first time customer I didn't fully know PWs business model. But still, lower prices for things essential to enjoying the game would be better and I think people would actually buy more if prices were a bit lower.
    When I first beheld the new world
    I was bewildered and could not help myself
    from gazing at the heavens in awe.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com
  • Options
    massytalkmassytalk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1

But my issue is the US=Zen conversion ratio... it is bunk

To everyone else crying that they rather spend $15/month guess what... You still can!

And the reason they are doing it is b/c when they did the market research it was determined that more revenue would be brought in using this method rather than the per month option; partly b/c if you look at the average per month subscriber on all new mmo's they usually drop off after 3-4 months easy to look up mmo ratios online and you'll see what I'm talking about (if you care).

*NERD RAAAAGE*
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rage about the bags if I had to buy them, then that would be a cash grab. I have leveled every class in Alpha, and not once did I need to buy a bag. there is always a merchant to sell to near by, I quickly learned what wasn't even worth picking up and as I leveled bags became available to me. The people who are raging are use to pack muleing their characters, yes I get that some people prefer that but it isn't game breaking if you don't. At level 15 I had 65 slots from bags I got questing plus I have 90 slots to put crafting materials I find. If PWI was such a horrid company you would get two ten slot bags and would have to buy the rest, that would be a cash grab.

Are the bag prices high? Yes, but they aren't a have to have thing, they are a convenience, and a unnecessary one IMHO.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone surprised by having to pay for respec? Most of the MMOs I've played, it costs $ to respec. D&D Online has "reincarnation" services for $9-21, STO retrain tokens are $5 for "free" players, etc, etc, etc.
  • Options
    phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Why is everyone surprised by having to pay for respec? Most of the MMOs I've played, it costs $ to respec. D&D Online has "reincarnation" services for $9-21, STO retrain tokens are $5 for "free" players, etc, etc, etc.

You've been playing the worst sort of games.
  • Options
    phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I would rage about the bags if I had to buy them, then that would be a cash grab. I have leveled every class in Alpha, and not once did I need to buy a bag. there is always a merchant to sell to near by, I quickly learned what wasn't even worth picking up and as I leveled bags became available to me. The people who are raging are use to pack muleing their characters, yes I get that some people prefer that but it isn't game breaking if you don't. At level 15 I had 65 slots from bags I got questing plus I have 90 slots to put crafting materials I find. If PWI was such a horrid company you would get two ten slot bags and would have to buy the rest, that would be a cash grab.

Are the bag prices high? Yes, but they aren't a have to have thing, they are a convenience, and a unnecessary one IMHO.

When the game drops 10 different types of runestones/enchants at five different ranks, bag space becomes a premium. When I need to fill my bag with four different profession kits, id scrolls, injury kits, altars, gear for companions and myself when I reach that level, I run out of space. And no, rarely is there a vendor nearby in a dungeon, so trying to say "There is always a vendor" is just blatantly untrue. I've run out of space in every dungeon I've run, I've taken to tossing things that aren't for my class without even identifying them, because I won't have the space to keep them in my bag.
  • Options
    rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I bought 4 24 slot bags but I probably wont spend anymore money until things are changed. Astral diamonds and ZEN are crazy. It shouldnt cost AD to enchant/remove runes or buy teleport scrolls and things like that...

Cash shop is killing this game for me slowly even though the actual game is fun.
    I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
  • Options
    besharpebesharpe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have all the tools nessesary to create a F2P game that is fun to play and profitable. Paying for respecs is not really living up to a true F2P and makes playing the game uncomforatable; this is true as well in-regards to bag space. Lets take League of Legends for example, you do not need to spend one penny to play that game. You can have fun and never feel limited! Why have I spent money on it over the years...exactly for that reason what I buy increases my game-play and I want to help continue having access to the game.

They can charge for so many things in this game and it wouldn't affect game-play. New classes and races, pets, mounts, Larger Bag Space(not standard bag space), companions, you can go on and on. These are things that would be nice to have but you can live without.

Paying to play the game... I.E respecs not gonna happen. I am sorry but how can I fully enjoy the game when I cannot test out specs and abilities or am constantly short on bag space because of the massive limitations you have placed on these without paying money?

I do like this game and I am willing to spend money on this game, however, until you get your pricing model set correctly and fix the bag issue and respecing issue...well I can't justify giving money to a game that I know I will not be playing in the future.

However, with that said...good game it's fun. I have enjoyed myself and would like to keep enjoying myself. I will go all the way to max level and then play for a month or two and if you have fixed things then great if not I will move on.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know what? I am already regretting a mere 4000 zen purchase( normal price for a retail game, a must do IMHO)....I don't think I will spend more money on this game.

Ps sorry Devs, awesome job, very enjoyable world you created. Kudos.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Where are the quests that give bags? I'm level 20 and have only 2 bags. I doing every quest I can find.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    moez1991moez1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here :(
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    Where are the quests that give bags? I'm level 20 and have only 2 bags. I doing every quest I can find.

Well, you've done one of them, since you have a second bag. From what I've heard, the next on is around level 30?
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    This is putting me off too, and I do spend a fair bit in other games cash shops.
    $10 for a 24 slot bag is a shameful price.
    This sort of grabby approach always has one result - I usually spend nothing
  • Options
    k0d3xerk0d3xer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are breaking their own game by making respeccing cost money. Everybody will be using cookie-cutter builds because no one will be willing to experiment. Also, not making it MICRO-transactions, 6 bucks for a respec is not a micro-transaction.
  • Options
    serenasummersserenasummers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    out of 2,000 zen i bought a green horse mount for 500, 5 keys, and the rest was converted into those crystal things which i use to buy equips from auction.. the prices are high but its alright if you know how to spend it
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think I posted here yesterday but I will again.

I havent checked the zen store, but the zen/ad item prices sound crazy. Listen to the fanbase please. Don't be like Blizzard or Arenanet and SAY you listen to them, but ultimately respond on the forums/blogs with the attitude "we know whats best". Well, if you know whats best for the game, then spending ..20 bucks on one item is not whats best for me, and I will stop playing the game..no money from me.
This discussion has been closed.