Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the information is in the first post
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jankkariii wrote: »
    What the hell? And that is released? If I want Hardcore game, I'd play Diablo 2 on hardcore! That's Buy to Play atleast!

WoW... just, WoW.. >.>
  • Options
    gerunksgerunks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure to wait until this is done before buying one of those packs.... :(, so many users having problems with the missing items is not really encouraging to spend $200+, but I really want the Hero and maybe the Guardian packs
    ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=ynEumpxo0z11usDOCvypAJe%2bUXHnQmMS%2bapV8wtqlxQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.email.perfectworld.com%2flib%2ffec216717c6d0778%2fm%2f3%2fNW_Hero_main_trigger_EN.jpg
  • Options
    faidranfaidran Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: The maintenance to improve the latency and queue experience for Open Beta is progressing smoothly. Current ETA is 11 AM (approx. 2 hours from now).

As a heads-up, we are seeing a high volume of traffic on our website and forums, so they may perform more slowly than usual.

Thanks for your support! Hope to see you all in Neverwinter shortly!
    From Facebook 57 minutes a go
  • Options
    horrorshowrothorrorshowrot Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not wait to get back on!
  • Options
    rezzarrezzar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really 1.5 means 2 hours to go

No it means 1 hour to go.
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    faidran wrote: »
    From Facebook 57 minutes a go

That was in the OP... 57 minutes ago
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magnabravmagnabrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    Trying to log in while the server is down, then posting about it in the Sever Down notification thread and expecting a surprised response is what is wrong with people.

I'm more confused than you are.

Hahahahahaha!
  • Options
    feedmepixelsfeedmepixels Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright kiddies! Time for exercise! 5 minutes of stretching and warm up! Go go go!
  • Options
    pezbypezby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    eulog33eulog33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    They are also at the point where anything you do is permanent, which is normally equated with launch;). Either way, it is semantics.

As far as a game being down, not much to complain about there. They announced they were bringing it down and they needed to. First the game was unplayable. They brought it down and instituted the queues. The queues were barely better as many people were unable to get in, as they kept getting the queue reset. Again, rendering the game unplayable, hence the need to bring it down to fix it. Even games that have been up for years go down for maintenance.

Why would you rather have queues so long that people leave in droves now which could cause the game to fail than server mergers later? We already know that the 3 existing servers are going to be merged into one. That has been the plan all along. So what is the difference if 3 get merged or 5?

Well I should clarify, I am fine with server mergers done when it is planed, and I am not going to be forced to change my name and guild name. I would rather wait in ridiculous queues for the first month then deal with that (which is what happened in SWToR).

As far as Beta being a semantic, I restate, if you don't want to deal wth issues, then wait for it to be out of Beta. Wether you think it is just a cop out for the devs or not, the fact remains by them stating it is still in Beta, means there are going to be issues. You are choosing to play in that environment, it is a choice. One way too many people are complaining about IMHO
  • Options
    jalharajalhara Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just because you see 3 server names, does not mean that there are only 3 servers running the game. Its called clustering. I'd bet there are 30 or more physical servers running each "server"...but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    fredboone1fredboone1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks cryptic for the quick fixes and updates on how its going you guys are doing a great job
    svenfred the beta tester
  • Options
    valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    magnabrav wrote: »
    hahahahahaha!

lawlmfaolol
  • Options
    grinchqtgrinchqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fredboone1 wrote: »
    thanks cryptic for the quick fixes and updates on how its going you guys are doing a great job

yep, staff is working really fast. totally worth for me to bought the guardian pack.
  • Options
    svarcanumsvarcanum Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lovely stream of info. Good work, community team!
  • Options
    valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mean...
    kaskian wrote: »
    Trying to log in while the server is down, then posting about it in the Sever Down notification thread and expecting a surprised response is what is wrong with people.

I'm more confused than you are.

lawllmfaolol
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    cudakicudaki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7pm where :)
    nvm thnxz cudaki ;)

You're quite welcome thefoodninja :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hahahahaha
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    koru09koru09 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I[m in love ....with that white window with black letters. Loading please wait...it's a message for...me? Aaa you are so kind.
  • Options
    drakonfury98drakonfury98 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it's frustrating, and yes, some of us spent money to buy Founders packs and all that, but it IS an Open Beta, and the flood of new players really made this more of a stress test. Maybe they were thinking having the open part start on Monday wouldn't dump as many new players on line at the same time, but unfortunately, maybe this was more popular than they were expecting.

I had very few problems over the weekend playing, and from my limited time then, this is worth the wait. Some of the work coming out of the Foundry is great fun, and promises to be the best part of the game - so many creative players.

Be patient - there is no rush to the finish line in this game - too many people are already there ;)
  • Options
    rezzarrezzar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabbble rabble rabble!
  • Options
    wiccan85wiccan85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must be getting close https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/index_locked.html now has a page instead of not loading at all.
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    sealavs wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha +1 no backsies.
  • Options
    magnabravmagnabrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it's frustrating, and yes, some of us spent money to buy Founders packs and all that, but it IS an Open Beta, and the flood of new players really made this more of a stress test. Maybe they were thinking having the open part start on Monday wouldn't dump as many new players on line at the same time, but unfortunately, maybe this was more popular than they were expecting.

I had very few problems over the weekend playing, and from my limited time then, this is worth the wait. Some of the work coming out of the Foundry is great fun, and promises to be the best part of the game - so many creative players.

Be patient - there is no rush to the finish line in this game - too many people are already there ;)

Good call man! Agreed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its up to update patch lol
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    icon13.png cant log on
    cant log on. i have paid to be a member and have been on for the last 3 days. now won't even launch. what have i paid for ?!? =( *angry*

you paid for early access and in game items for a FREE toplay game. That's all.
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.