What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    mclearymcleary Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just scanning through this thread is depressing. The number of entitled/ignorant gamers is overwhelming. "I paid money for this game, and was not promised queue priory, I demand queue priority anyway." You get what you paid for, you did not pay for queue priority, as it was not promised to you.

"Why does this game even have queues?" The purpose of a queue is to have a controlled, and efficient flow into an area, instead of having everyone pushing and shoving to get in at the same time. To remove the queues would create chaos, and in the case of online games, would cause severe connection issues. Even WoW has queue times when an expansion is released, or a new server is created. As for the queue positions being unreasonably large/jumping up and down, that is a visual bug. They are aware of it, and working on a fix.

"Why are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over EU" The maintenance will screw over someone no matter what, so there's no reason for them to set a time that is inconvenient for them, just to appease a few entitled players from Europe. They don't just set arbitrary times for maintenance and updates, there is a reason for the time frames they have. If you have a problem with that, then that's your problem, not theirs.

I'm sure others are *****ing about the game not being perfect, despite the fact that it is in Beta, meaning, a final testing phase to ensure all things work as intended, and that there are as few game breaking bugs/glitches as possible before the official release. That's not to say that everything will work as intended on release, or there won't be any bugs/glitches, after-all this is an MMO, I doubt it's possible for it to be bug free. Even wow has bugs/glitches, and I'm sure there are a few game breaking ones even today.
  • Options
    rpg141rpg141 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm patching.
  • Options
    shadesrtike1shadesrtike1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orDvbRd.png Typo
    Gungeons and Dragons. :> lol
  • Options
    lavampiresslavampiress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont get me wrong i am really enjoying this game. I have been playing since BW3 and have gotten 3 other friends to also start playing and also purchased the $60 Founders pack just like me. So in all we have spent 240 bucks on Neverwinter between the four of us. I expect to be able to play my game when i get home from work when i spend that kind of money. There should be NO REASON for a Queue with this big of a GAMER TITLE! Look at how popular MMOs are these days. For example. DDO, GW2, and WoW just to name 3. Servers should have been big/fast enough to handle millions of players EVERYDAY! I definitely hope to see PerfectWorld give the FOUNDERS PACK purchasers some ZEN or Astral Diamonds or something to say sorry for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!! Totally disappointed in the Queue system! I can understand issue with the game itself and needing to be updated/patched or even taken down for several hours to fix other things. The QUEUE thing is what im really upset with. Anyways.... like i said other than this i am loving this game and i really hope that PerfectWorld does something to say sorry for this! Im sure there will be ALOT of people that feel the same.

One word for you... BETA... the game is STILL in BETA. that means BUG's. It means Downtime.. It means loss of playtime. SHEESSSH.
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Say! here is an idea, Why not simply close off all the other usless games they have servers running for like Star Trek Online and use those for the needed servers for this? PING!!!! **** AWW Will not show it, so DARN I am so smart LOL
  • Options
    sleibnersleibner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well u all complain abort the lag in game, thats why there is a need to have queue , and some complain abort a new comming game only have 3 server, don't forget it is a free game, and only income on it for developer is from the 1 WHO pay for the gift, but still have expensive to cover with server, wich i btw think cost a bit to much the good pac, and also why i don't spend Money on it, make the mounts cheeper to buy and i bet u u will get a lot of Money on that, but all in all realy great game like the back draft fron good old d&D stuff u have, and realy great in youre update abort issues u have have with the game keep up the great Work and i stay for a vary long time
  • Options
    zwellerzweller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdorax wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that this is because the servers are down for maintenance until 11 am PDT.

I heard that rumor too. In the 1st post of this thread :-)

Where you also can find the latest Progress update:

"10:35AM PDT - Going smoothly! Patch has been deployed and Launcher is working. You can start downloading now to prepare! Maintenance should be over soon as long as no new issues are identified in the next half hour."
  • Options
    barimen66barimen66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kudos for the occasional status update in the OP.

That is a rare thing in the MMO world indeed.
  • Options
    kazeazehunterkazeazehunter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um stupid question but this game is free correct?
  • Options
    arkamjfarkamjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rpg141 wrote: »
    I'm patching.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ishmaaelishmaael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Things are currently progressing as planned. No change to the ETA at this time. Still planning on being online around 11am/2 hours from now. :)

Hey Dezstravus and NW team - Can we get an update for the ETA? I believe it's been 3 hours. Can we get some insight into what is taking a bit longer?

Had a great time seeing the teams hard work yesterday up to level 18 on my GF! Looking forward to getting back into it :) Great job so far!
  • Options
    johnnycashierjohnnycashier Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beahulk wrote: »
    Wrong! some things do change :) those who shoutet back then grew up and now have a laugh of those shouting today, as they will in 12 years when they mature and so on and so on :)

Its a perfect example of a "Circle of Life" Dazzling to behold ;)

Yup. And they'll post:

is this forum a copy of Neverwinter boards, 2013?

quit whining fools. or develop your own MMORPG
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going smoothly! Patch has been deployed and Launcher is working. You can start downloading now to prepare!
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    You know they say "don't hold your breath", well its nearly time folks! To pass it I've had a great idea, all those who just can't wait the next ten minutes hold your breath, yep hold it for ten minutes, no cheating now! Should shorten the queue some what....er I mean yeah get back to holding your breath!
  • Options
    barimen66barimen66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kudos for the occasional status update in the OP.

That is a rare thing in the MMO world indeed.
  • Options
    ishmaaelishmaael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um stupid question but this game is free correct?

Yes Kazeazehunter, totally free game. There are, however, some aspects which paying is optional/helpful.
  • Options
    thetruelibrathetruelibra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it online yet?
  • Options
    uashiuashi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok its 2pm est serve34rs should be up but they are not
  • Options
    mrwyattmrwyatt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously there are more people that do not understand that even games like, World of Warcraft had a queue yes it was back in vanilla when WoW was a good game. So quit crying join the queue and go make some food or something.

To all those people that think they should get something for free because they paid for a founders pack or some ****. If you have a problem with the DEV Team doing maintenance on the server just quit gaming please. And the game if free to play they could alway set a monthly fee then how upset would you be.
  • Options
    mortenius1mortenius1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a green light on server, but still not available...
  • Options
    barroomhero55barroomhero55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The green light was there all along. Still nothing.
  • Options
    teamviewer666teamviewer666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we please get an update as to why its 5-10 minutes late?
  • Options
    thetruelibrathetruelibra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mortenius1 wrote: »
    Its a green light on server, but still not available...

The green lights mean nothing. They don't update.
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm i understand that there is lot of work but here its now 20:11 and i just wanted to play before i have to go to sleep because i have to work tommorow and need to get up at 06:00.
  • Options
    neuqemneuqem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll go back to Everquest... They never had bugs and patches never took longer than expected! *ducks*
  • Options
    karst1989karst1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, I'll give it another 10 minutes or so; they may have found an issue.

EDIT: SERVERS ARE BACK! :D
  • Options
    gotdeathgotdeath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok so are there more issues? still telling me servers are down..
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    up and in
    dsqdqsdqdq
  • Options
    madmaggot23madmaggot23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in

loading screen up now
  • Options
    kevinchronicbudzkevinchronicbudz Member Posts: 4 Arc User