test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    socxiety wrote: »
    I saw Envy mentioned the Timeless sword in his post but saying he hadn't seen it, figured I'd post a screen of it if it was still needed.

jqjmRbX.png

Hey thanks! We don't have many groups clearing DV on Mindflayer so I haven't seen a Timeless. After checking that one out I can say it's a **** good contender for weapon choice. I *still* probably wouldn't use it for PvP because although our Timeless set gives us crit, 315 is still a big chunk. I think with the proper slotted jewelry this would definitely be the better choice.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    It's 225 crit, not 315. There's a 90 crit enchant there. I do prefer it to the lizardfolk personally. I am a bit underwhelmed about the "endgame" CN sword though, it would make sense only if a "turtle" tank was a viable choice. Feels a bit like a waste.
  • Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'd prefer the CN sword below, it doesnt have the 300 extra power it does have 15 flat AD along with all the other stats and 2 set bonus which would make you tankier with losing little to no damage.. thoughts?
    ancient_zps201ffe0b.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    It has no relevant dps stat but a meager amount of recovery. It would end up having 500 less power than the Timeless with our feat, and that alone is more damage than what you would gain from the sword increased base damage I think. Besides to get the set bonus you would need to use the shield as well, which again has underwhelming stats for dps. Not even sure I would use it for pve honestly, the defense gain won't be all that relevant.
    I do not like it much personally. I hope maybe they will introduce a more dps-oriented weapon set for the GF.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    coldsoul69 wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer the CN sword below, it doesnt have the 300 extra power it does have 15 flat AD along with all the other stats and 2 set bonus which would make you tankier with losing little to no damage.. thoughts?
    ancient_zps201ffe0b.png

The Timeless sword actually has 508 more power than the CN sword due to our 100% bonus power feat. It also has 143 more Recovery which is one of our best offensive stats. The CN sword is trash.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Makes sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    icemanjpicemanjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    it does give you the stats, look at your char sheet when you slot it.

yea ok sorry i double checked it .. my cat was just to low :) .. thx
  • Options
    awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm honestly about to delete my GF. I'm at 11.4k GS and can't find a group for anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm honestly about to delete my GF. I'm at 11.4k GS and can't find a group for anything.

Find a guild.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Envy, can you tell me the Gear Score you get with the CN sword? Just curious b/c I'm getting about 3100 GS from Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar; which, seems way too high. My DC friend is getting 1900ish from his main hand weapon; which, is of equivalent quality. In addition, his is full of nice runes, and my scimitar is empty.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    c45hcr0p wrote: »
    Envy, can you tell me the Gear Score you get with the CN sword? Just curious b/c I'm getting about 3100 GS from Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar; which, seems way too high. My DC friend is getting 1900ish from his main hand weapon; which, is of equivalent quality. In addition, his is full of nice runes, and my scimitar is empty.

I've already used my CN sword as a remodel for the Scimitar so I couldn't tell you. GS doesn't matter so it's irrelevant.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I've already used my CN sword as a remodel for the Scimitar so I couldn't tell you. GS doesn't matter so it's irrelevant.

Just looking to compare numbers between the two. I'm thinking the Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar GS is broken, is all.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wondering what you'd think of taking some points out of take measure and wrathful warrior to put into either Crushing Pin or Battle Trample, it seems like the bonus damage from those would be active more than the bonus damage from temp hp
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »
    Wondering what you'd think of taking some points out of take measure and wrathful warrior to put into either Crushing Pin or Battle Trample, it seems like the bonus damage from those would be active more than the bonus damage from temp hp

This morning I actually took the 5 points from improved vigor and put them in crushing pin to test with a trample the fallen / combat superiority passive set up. If you use the bull charge / frontline surge into lunging strike combo your lunging strike should always be doing 40% more damage from those feats alone. I've definitely noticed an increase in damage but also a loss in survivability.

PS. Battle Trample is awful. 25% weapon damage is an extra 150 damage to your attacks. 150 on attacks that are already hitting for 12k is negligible.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm 14k GS and I can't find a group lol matters not though I join random pugs and solo the first two bosses pretty much.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    ranjiku992ranjiku992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so im trying to Gind out why, or How u only spend 20 points in Heroic Feats? im just getting into the Paragon at level 30 but it is giving me 23 points in heroic Feats.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ranjiku992 wrote: »
    so im trying to Gind out why, or How u only spend 20 points in Heroic Feats? im just getting into the Paragon at level 30 but it is giving me 23 points in heroic Feats.

You're a human. They get 3 extra heroic points.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Decided to throw together one last video from extra footage I had lying around. Just 30 seconds of why people should stop complaining about Rogue dailies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynUTShMxcTM&feature=youtu.be

Youtube Channel

• Options
    hobopoorhobopoor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't it be better to leave Combat superiority at level 1 once you feated tactical superiority? Because you will constantly apply the bonus damage by hitting enemies.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hobopoor wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better to leave Combat superiority at level 1 once you feated tactical superiority? Because you will constantly apply the bonus damage by hitting enemies.

It doesn't keep refreshing the duration every time you hit the same target. If you're in a 1v1 and you hit someone with a rank 1 combat superiority you'll only have 5 seconds of 15% damage instead of 15.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    mezzqtmezzqt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious regarding Combat Superiority/Tactical Superiority. Sorry for the silly question.

Before I feated into Tactical Superiority, I could see the Combat Superiority debuff on the mobs that hit me.

But at 5/5 Tactical, I don't see a buff/debuff icon anywhere, on the mobs or myself. Is the passive still working? Essentially I'm just getting a bonus 15% damage if I have Combat Superiority in a passive slot yea?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mezzqt wrote: »
    Just curious regarding Combat Superiority/Tactical Superiority. Sorry for the silly question.

Before I feated into Tactical Superiority, I could see the Combat Superiority debuff on the mobs that hit me.

But at 5/5 Tactical, I don't see a buff/debuff icon anywhere, on the mobs or myself. Is the passive still working? Essentially I'm just getting a bonus 15% damage if I have Combat Superiority in a passive slot yea?

I think the feat is bugged so that the icon no longer applies but I believe the buff is actually in place.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Respec'd again and liking the results I'll post a new feat update in the morning. Considering getting a bit of armor pen but I don't think it'll be efficient without unslotting tenebrous. Waiting to hear more about others success with arpen before investing myself!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    mezzqt wrote: »

Uhm I did some tests on the dummies back then and the damage bonus is there even if no icon is displayed. Even on the first hit. So I assume it just becomes a passive 15% bonus damage once you get 5/5?
  • Options
    aitolosaitolos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the best ability points at 60 for this build? (cons-str-dex)
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    aitolos wrote: »
    What is the best ability points at 60 for this build? (cons-str-dex)

why are you asking envy, his answer to everything should be as follows: Abuse broken game mechanics and exploit your way to riches.
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    why are you asking envy, his answer to everything should be as follows: Abuse broken game mechanics and exploit your way to riches.

Whether or not he abused that bug HAS ABSO-****ING-LUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GUIDE, so STFU already you whiny *****.
  • Options
    aitolosaitolos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »
    Whether or not he abused that bug HAS ABSO-****ING-LUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GUIDE, so STFU already you whiny *****.
    im not a bad person but he is right +1 to divenity i jusg asked a simple question and its not for whiny trolls...
  • Options
    wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    What do you guys think of the stalwart set? Would it be viable with this setup?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrannec wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the stalwart set? Would it be viable with this setup?

The Stalwart set is more of a PvE set if anything. Timeless is your best bet, and behind that would be mix-matching the DPS T2 pieces.

Youtube Channel