test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    What about half orcs? They can get bonus to both STR and DEX and have slightly stronger crits. With high enough crit chance the 5% crit severity alone can get close to the 5% extra damage <50 of the tiefling (can't get as good though since we cannot reach 50% crit chance) and depending on how much STR and DEX influence our dps it might give (slightly, obviously) higher dps overall I think?

Unfortunately, we cap out at about 27% crit. You can't push through the DR enough to be worth it after that point. With a Rogue in your group you can be at a clean 32% which is nice, but not high enough to warrant picking Half Orc. Dex for a GF contributes to armor pen, which may or may not be something you'd be interested in specing into. I'm still up in the air about it.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I just want to take a moment to say that soon I will make one last "general" update to this guide before specializing solely on PvP gameplay. There are a few reasons why I've come to this decision.

- With time and testing, both mine and Rokuthy's builds in regards to PvE have became nearly identical. I believe Rokuthy is better suited to provide advice and suggestions for that area of the game, so I'll keep to what I know best.
    - Another reason I'm straying from the PvE side of things is that I've cleared all the content and I almost exclusively PvP now, doing DD's only as a means of financial income. (I need that armored worg ._.)
    - Alongside the decision to only advise on PvP, I won't be uploading anymore videos until the next content release, which I'm hoping will include the 20v20 PvP scenario, Gauntlegrym.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you might have! Expect a guide polish and update later tonight!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May i ask what enchanment are you using for your offensive and defensive slot along with your timeless gear?

Comparing to your old Crit set of helm of spider etc, is the dps significantly higher? What about survivability? Do u feel tougher due to defense increased etc..

In conclusion, really worth the switch? I am sure many would like to know.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wh0 wrote: »
    May i ask what enchanment are you using for your offensive and defensive slot along with your timeless gear?

Comparing to your old Crit set of helm of spider etc, is the dps significantly higher? What about survivability? Do u feel tougher due to defense increased etc..

In conclusion, really worth the switch? I am sure many would like to know.

I'm about to add a lengthy write up on why I chose my gear in the OP but to summarize; Your offensive stats remain near the same, with a bit more power. The defense stats are a nice bonus. It's worth the switch and I'll explain why in my update.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be looking forward to it. Thanks and cheers!
  • Options
    dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    milkpillowsmilkpillows Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the guide and have been using it since I started but i'm just not reaching this great dps you talk about. I have full timeless, castle never weapons, rings, belt, neck. 25 Cat pet, full drake items, two profane rank 7, 1 eldritch rank 7. All armour, pants and shirt slotted with rank 7 radiants and greater tenebrous and a medium plaguefire on the weapon. I can at best stay within a million damage of my cw, with my rogue absolutely wiping the floor with us both at over double the damage done.

Not only that when I pvp i'm at abut 800 crit because of tenebrous instead of azure. Stats during a dungeon are around 6.2k power, 2k crit, 2.5k recovery. Any help or tips would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I love the guide and have been using it since I started but i'm just not reaching this great dps you talk about. I have full timeless, castle never weapons, rings, belt, neck. 25 Cat pet, full drake items, two profane, 1 eldritch. All armour, pants and shirt slotted with rank 7 radiants and greater tenebrous and a medium plaguefire on the weapon. I can at best stay within a million damage of my cw, with my rogue absolutely wiping the floor with us both at over double the damage done.

Not only that when I pvp i'm at abut 800 crit because of tenebrous instead of azure. Stats during a dungeon are around 6.2k power, 2k crit, 2.5k recovery. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

I don't understand why your stats are so low..
    You should have 7k+ power, 3.1k crit, 2.8k recovery with the timeless set and cat.

Something to mention is that you shouldn't use the Castle Never Mainhand/Offhand set if you're wanting more DPS.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    what the easiest dungeon that give the best stuff to sell for AD?so far i did frozen heart and only got 2 ****y item worth like 30k and 9k and my second run my group wasnt able to take down last boss.im trying to buy my cat but with the rate im making AD now it will take like 1-2 week....and i wont even think about timeless set...

with low gear and half decent grp(queue,dont have any premade/guild/friends),what dungeon isnt to hard and drop timeless or drop that worth something?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    what the easiest dungeon that give the best stuff to sell for AD?so far i did frozen heart and only got 2 ****y item worth like 30k and 9k and my second run my group wasnt able to take down last boss.im trying to buy my cat but with the rate im making AD now it will take like 1-2 week....and i wont even think about timeless set...

with low gear and half decent grp(queue,dont have any premade/guild/friends),what dungeon isnt to hard and drop timeless or drop that worth something?

Unfortunately the best selling gear atm IS Timeless. So if you're collecting it yourself you might have trouble with your AD gains.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    khaoticlifekhaoticlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great update! answered a bunch of questions I was wondering, one last thing; will you be updating your powers picture? After getting the founders pack I currently have 1 respect token and I wouldn't mind getting the most out of the build.
  • Options
    yeshuaruledyeshuaruled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Milkpillows you should post a screen of your gear and post a screen of your feats. I'd like to make an attempt to help as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great update! answered a bunch of questions I was wondering, one last thing; will you be updating your powers picture? After getting the founders pack I currently have 1 respect token and I wouldn't mind getting the most out of the build.

The caption at the bottom states my power changes but I'll update with a picture tomorrow.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Milkpillows you should post a screen of your gear and post a screen of your feats. I'd like to make an attempt to help as well.

There's a new screen of my gear on the original post and the only thing thats changed about my new feats is 1 point away from Shielded Resurgence and put into Grit.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    waspinator0waspinator0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! What is your gear transmuted from? It doesn't look like the timeless I use. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! What is your gear transmuted from? It doesn't look like the timeless I use. :D

Valiant dyed black! Had to put it to use somehow, right? :p

Youtube Channel

• Options
    devilrayadevilraya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can I tramsmute my gear? I mean weapon for example from scimitar to some other hammer or sword.
  • Options
    milkpillowsmilkpillows Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gear.jpgfeats.jpgpet.jpg

Those are the screens for gear, feats, pet. Only thing i changed was the shield as envy said the ancient grands are not the best for dps. I did have a lizardfolk but sold it, will get another soon. Everything but the shield is either rank 7 radiant or greater tenebrous, 3 and 5 slots respectively. The cat items are slotted with rank 4 azure so im probably missing a bit there for pve. Feats are a little messed up but I think I have all the major ones that affect stats.

If I dismiss the companion i'm on 741 crit for pvp which is 154x4 for belt, neck, rings plus the shield at 125. I have no idea how people are breaking 7k power, 3k crit. Unless I missed something really simple.
  • Options
    ibiingibiing Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    where to get the cat?
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    well, from what I can see, if you swap your sword for a timeless hero sword, and factor in the timeless hero set bonus, you would already have more than 7k power and 3k crit.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dat dread vaults doe
  • Options
    icemanjpicemanjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gear.jpgfeats.jpgpet.jpg

Those are the screens for gear, feats, pet. Only thing i changed was the shield as envy said the ancient grands are not the best for dps. I did have a lizardfolk but sold it, will get another soon. Everything but the shield is either rank 7 radiant or greater tenebrous, 3 and 5 slots respectively. The cat items are slotted with rank 4 azure so im probably missing a bit there for pve. Feats are a little messed up but I think I have all the major ones that affect stats.

If I dismiss the companion i'm on 741 crit for pvp which is 154x4 for belt, neck, rings plus the shield at 125. I have no idea how people are breaking 7k power, 3k crit. Unless I missed something really simple.

isnt the Eldritch Rune a complete waste on the cat? I tried on my cat and it dont give any bonus stats cause the cat already gives all her stats to you. Wouldnt it be better to put in a deflection or defense on it ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icemanjp wrote: »
    isnt the Eldritch Rune a complete waste on the cat? I tried on my cat and it dont give any bonus stats cause the cat already gives all her stats to you. Wouldnt it be better to put in a deflection or defense on it ?

9% of 1.7k recovery 500 power and 400 crit is a lot.
  • Options
    icemanjpicemanjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    9% of 1.7k recovery 500 power and 400 crit is a lot.

sure it is a lot if it would give these stats .. but if you double check .. the rune wont give you the % of the cat stat. At least it did not give me the stats only the ones that are in the right window.
  • Options
    cascanocascano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great post , yes please keep posting more ideas and advice as you learn more
  • Options
    socxietysocxiety Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw Envy mentioned the Timeless sword in his post but saying he hadn't seen it, figured I'd post a screen of it if it was still needed.

jqjmRbX.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icemanjp wrote: »
    sure it is a lot if it would give these stats .. but if you double check .. the rune wont give you the % of the cat stat. At least it did not give me the stats only the ones that are in the right window.

it does give you the stats, look at your char sheet when you slot it.
  • Options
    kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I've appreciated Envy's information; but now that someone just gave me the heads up (and I watched the vid) that he and his buds exploit... I'm done following, I can't support/follow an exploiter. Be a better Gamer; don't exploit Envy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • Options
    novaniannovanian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelestra wrote: »
    I've appreciated Envy's information; but now that someone just gave me the heads up (and I watched the vid) that he and his buds exploit... I'm done following, I can't support/follow an exploiter. Be a better Gamer; don't exploit Envy.

Honestly, this is getting quite old. Yeah he used an exploit that's a big no no but honestly, every new game that launches, there are tons of people that will use the exploits, this one just happened to have happened to a very well known player. Should he have done it? I don't know, if I knew about it I would have at least tried it out I know almost any player would given my gaming experience.

The bright side? Its not an exploit like Diablo III where Demon Hunters had access to high end item farming from resplendent chests that broke lots of the market later on.

TLDR: It was a pretty lame exploit, I figured he was farming tons of AD from the AH with a glitch or found a ton a zen. When I heard it was a damage thing, my reaction? Meh.
  • Options
    socxietysocxiety Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelestra wrote: »

I think you misunderstand the relationship that exists here. Envy is just a player who is providing an informative service because he wants to. You are not obligated in anyway to read or even follow his guide or advice if you don't wish to. He owes you nothing as you have done nothing to 'support' him other than leech off the free information he's providing.

Perhaps if you'd donated money to him or something you might have some room to gripe about his personal life choices but even then I don't think you would since you'd be at best paying to support the continued work of his guide, not what he does in his spare time outside of it. Whether or not you agree/disagree/don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> what he did or didn't exploit is irrelevant to the guide and information found in this post. Take your holy crusade somewhere else because it's rather pointless drama to make yourself feel like a better person.

PS: I Don't support Exploiting in anyway. I'm just saying posting that kind of stuff is pointless and self serving ONLY. Envy provides a free service and if you don't like it then bugger off.