test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bileworm wrote: »
    This cheating punk irritates me to no end. He and everyone else like him. Sure he may be a great player... but he cheated to get all of that gear he's got. He used the one-shot exploit to farm up all of his purples to get where he's at right now. Not to mention likely exploited the leveling bug in the first day to get to level 60.

What would take the normal (non exploiting) player about 6 months to achieve, he did in a week due to the exploits. And he gets what, a 72 hour ban??!!

So we have to roll around in PvP getting DOMINATED by him and others like him because we did not cheat. He traded 6 months of grinding shards to get those enchantments for a 72-hour ban. He wins. The message has been sent. Cheaters always win.

It takes 64 shards to make a Greater Enchantment (like the one on his weapon), and 16 each for a regular Tenebrous Enchantment, of which he has five... you do the math (16x5=80, +64=144). 144 shards he has farmed in a week. How long will that take the average dungeon-grinder to achieve? Far longer than a week, I promise you.

Nice guide. But you're an a$$. PvP is broken because of effers like this guy.

I didn't get a 72 hour ban. You know why? Because I didn't farm my gear using the exploit. Sheep will be sheep will be sheep. You heard one rumor and jump on the hate wagon.

I've been dominating in PvP ever since day 2 when I was in T1 PvP armor and no one had an excuse other than oh he must be good. Now suddenly because I ran T2s for my Timeless set I get carried by gear. Hmm.

My 6 greaters, eh. Sure wish I knew how I got those. (Hint: I don't have 6 greaters.)
    The only greater I have is Greater Plague Fire and that's because it's really cheap and easy to make.

Did I stomp you in PvP this morning so you came to the forums to cry?
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What companions are best for this build? Healer/striker? It's a PvP guide, but you have tips about PvE too so I thought I should ask.

Leveling = Cleric
    Even though it'll die nearly every pull towards the end of your leveling, it will rez and toss a % heal on you in between encounters which will help with your health pot consumption.

End game = Cat
    You get something like 255 passive crit/recovery + all the stats from anything you equip it with. Something worth mentioning is that currently the cat and stone are bugged so that power won't transfer to your character. I imagine that'll be fixed eventually.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get a 72 hour ban. You know why? Because I didn't farm my gear using the exploit. Sheep will be sheep will be sheep. You heard one rumor and jump on the hate wagon.

I've been dominating in PvP ever since day 2 when I was in T1 PvP armor and no one had an excuse other than oh he must be good. Now suddenly because I ran T2s for my Timeless set I get carried by gear. Hmm.

My 6 greaters, eh. Sure wish I knew how I got those. (Hint: I don't have 6 greaters.)
    The only greater I have is Greater Plague Fire and that's because it's really cheap and easy to make.

Did I stomp you in PvP this morning so you came to the forums to cry?
    Greater plague fire is cheap? ****, I wish I rolled on your server, it's rather expensive on Dragon (at least it was before the AH went down, after it comes back up, who knows).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »
    Greater plague fire is cheap? ****, I wish I rolled on your server, it's rather expensive on Dragon (at least it was before the AH went down, after it comes back up, who knows).

Lessers were 15k when I built mine. I had 12 already so thats 3 normals knocked out with 3 co wards for 100k each. Bought 4 more lessers for 60-80k and two more co wards. So all in all it was about 700k total.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought my greater plague for around 1.7M
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Hey, Envy, I would like to know if tenebrous enchantment is still the way to go for pvp; is it really that good and aren't there any other viable alternatives?
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Why is this exploiting fuc.king clown still allowed to post?
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    drillsgt69 wrote: »
    Why is this exploiting fuc.king clown still allowed to post?

Perhaps because he didn't exploit? I like how you exploit the word filter though. Irony...
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Greater Plague Fire stacking fixed yet?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would take the normal (non exploiting) player about 6 months to achieve, he did in a week due to the exploits.

6 months?! It'll take you 6 months to obtain enough starter gear to run t2?

I didn't use a single exploit, cheap trick, bug, or any of the sort, and I hit 60 the day before the open beta started. the last major t2 upgrade I recieved was nearly a week ago, and I'm just as geared as envy is.

Stop spouting such blatant overexaggerations to try to get your point across, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

I don't know what you mean by fixed? Are you implying it's not intended?

Youtube Channel

• Options
    axlefgkaxlefgk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy, quick question, is a slow (like from knee breaker) a control power that would proc trample the fallen?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    axlefgk wrote: »
    Envy, quick question, is a slow (like from knee breaker) a control power that would proc trample the fallen?

I honestly haven't a clue.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    axlefgkaxlefgk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just tried it out on dummies, 5 sets of 3 cleaves on my level 43 led to 1120-1180 (ignoring crits)
    with the slow the same sets of cleaves would do 1560-1730 ignoring crits and bleed ticks.

i just wanted to know in case it can be useful in builds, since there is a feat that adds 25% weapon damage to trample the fallen damage that you can grab instead of the 10% more control damage, you can potentially get a ton of damage from attack people with your slow up. just thought this info might be useful. i was thinking about this while i was leveling a gf using your build.

hope this info can be useful in future builds envy, i look forward to more vids from you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

this is intended
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, am I the only one who thinks GF need a more reliable way to get our guard meter back up? Or maybe just better passive regen with less from abilities.

It just seems like it goes away as soon as you get poked at 60 and then takes ages to come back.

it also doesn't help that to be effective in PvP we need to unslot our only ability for replenishing an empty guard meter to get a consistent gap closer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, am I the only one who thinks GF need a more reliable way to get our guard meter back up? Or maybe just better passive regen with less from abilities.

It just seems like it goes away as soon as you get poked at 60 and then takes ages to come back.

it also doesn't help that to be effective in PvP we need to unslot our only ability for replenishing an empty guard meter to get a consistent gap closer.

I find it fine. Any better and it would be OP in PvP. If you're having trouble with it in PvP you're probably blocking entire combos or chained at-wills (magic missiles, rogue ranged daggers etc.) You shouldn't be blocking these. Block CCs and dailies.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Idk how anyone can complain about anything GF related in PvP. We are digustingly broken in PvP.
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, im just worried about the PVP balance of this game, im currently following your build and im about to reach 59, doing some pvp with 7k GS, and i cant even do 1/4 to anyone, and they obliterate me easy mode with not more than 4 hits, im no **** i play this kind of games a lot and i think i have OK stats and gear for this levelm of course it can be better and i can be better player too, but still its not the fact i cant kill anyone, is the fact i cant do 2 bars of dmg to anyone and i die almost instantly.

Apart from that, i used your matchup guide to defeat a cleric, and their circle make him stupidly op, they just come back to it, recently i was in a domination and 4 of us were trying to kill a single cleric, we did like half hp dmg then he went back into the circle, and thats it full hp and insane resistances, just wondering if this is cos im doing something wrong, or its just the level, or the game is beyond broken.

Understand im doing this post to improve my gameplay, i know im no pro (yet :P) and i want some advice, or explanations for whats happening to me right now in pvp, im quite fine in pve, almost allways end up being second in dps and tanking like a beast, and makeing some friends along the way for my good runs in dungeons and skirmishes, but pvp... oh god im so bad.

Hope u understand my sad english, and thanks for the guide again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I find it fine. Any better and it would be OP in PvP. If you're having trouble with it in PvP you're probably blocking entire combos or chained at-wills (magic missiles, rogue ranged daggers etc.) You shouldn't be blocking these. Block CCs and dailies.

I am only blocking what I have to, but it still seems like some cc abilities all but break the guard in one hit. Some CCs can hit hard.
    imyo wrote: »
    Hi, im just worried about the PVP balance of this game, im currently following your build and im about to reach 59, doing some pvp with 7k GS, and i cant even do 1/4 to anyone, and they obliterate me easy mode with not more than 4 hits, im no **** i play this kind of games a lot and i think i have OK stats and gear for this levelm of course it can be better and i can be better player too, but still its not the fact i cant kill anyone, is the fact i cant do 2 bars of dmg to anyone and i die almost instantly.

Apart from that, i used your matchup guide to defeat a cleric, and their circle make him stupidly op, they just come back to it, recently i was in a domination and 4 of us were trying to kill a single cleric, we did like half hp dmg then he went back into the circle, and thats it full hp and insane resistances, just wondering if this is cos im doing something wrong, or its just the level, or the game is beyond broken.

Understand im doing this post to improve my gameplay, i know im no pro (yet :P) and i want some advice, or explanations for whats happening to me right now in pvp, im quite fine in pve, almost allways end up being second in dps and tanking like a beast, and makeing some friends along the way for my good runs in dungeons and skirmishes, but pvp... oh god im so bad.

Hope u understand my sad english, and thanks for the guide again.

That is happening because of the weird level scaling the developers put into non 60 PvP. When you're at the lower end of a bracket (for example 50-53) you do decent damage because of the scaling buff. As you level you get weaker and weaker, for whatever reason, until you hit 59, then your damage will go back up to where it should be.

I had that problem too, it's quite a pain.
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am only blocking what I have to, but it still seems like some cc abilities all but break the guard in one hit. Some CCs can hit hard.

That is happening because of the weird level scaling the developers put into non 60 PvP. When you're at the lower end of a bracket (for example 50-53) you do decent damage because of the scaling buff. As you level you get weaker and weaker, for whatever reason, until you hit 59, then your damage will go back up to where it should be.

I had that problem too, it's quite a pain.

Thank u, im about to hit 60 now, i guess i ll suffer the high GS enemys a few days, but if u say this isnt entirely my problem, im relieved. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imyo wrote: »
    Thank u, im about to hit 60 now, i guess i ll suffer the high GS enemys a few days, but if u say this isnt entirely my problem, im relieved. :D

Oh don't get me wrong, gear will make a big difference at 60, but the botched level scaling in the lower brackets is what you are seeing right now.
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    Perhaps because he didn't exploit? I like how you exploit the word filter though. Irony...

Keep licking the sweat off his balls please. Screenshot upon screenshot provided by his scrub exploit guild showing them exploiting when they were actually trying to help his cause. But hey, cover up what you want, just like PWE did by ignoring all the issues. This game, due to players like this clown, is ruined.

Don't even bother asking why I am posting. I'll post until my chargeback goes through when my account gets banned. Get on my level now bit.ch
  • Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I m a 28 half orc and i have put all my stats points in STR and CON..i heard that i should have put them in str dex instead. Should i remake a char or i m i doing this good for pvp? And should i change race? I was thinking +5% crit damage was Nice
  • Options
    marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I m a 28 half orc and i have put all my stats points in STR and CON..i heard that i should have put them in str dex instead. Should i remake a char or i m i doing this good for pvp? And should i change race? I was thinking +5% crit damage was Nice

In the very beginning of his Envy's guide he has a list of races that are good for GF, the Half orc is considered a good race. I prefer to play drawves, but that is more of my preference. Unfortunately, drawves didn't make the list of best races for GF. :( But ya your right about the crit with your half orc. That is very important in pvp. Yes, you do want to keep points in str and con.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bodidharma wrote: »

Half Orc is definitely one of the better races for a GF. You'll do fine so long as you continue to put points into STR/CON.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aiight thx
  • Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey envy I just wanna ask what hammer is that you changed the appearance of your weapon on one of your vidoes?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For PvP Dwarf with STR/CON is prob better than STR/DEX. For PvE Half Orc STR/DEX is better.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey envy I just wanna ask what hammer is that you changed the appearance of your weapon on one of your vidoes?

I can't remember the name exactly but it's something along the lines of ice trollhammer? You can get a blue version from normal Frozen Heart, or an epic version from Epic Frozen heart. If you're only wanting it as a remodel you can pick up the blue from the AH for ~15k. That's if the AH ever comes up!

Youtube Channel