test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dman2423 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, in terms of PvE, is the timeless set or Stalwart set better in terms of dps?

I recommend Timeless. Rokuthy recommends Stalwart. You can complete any content in the game with either. Go with cheapest, probably.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    sammylolsammylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just read through your guide, and I've decided I'm going to do a DPS GF. Originally was going to do hybrid, but this seems more fun. Just curious about the stat roll, I was thinking of going Dwarf and going with 18 Str/18 Con/12 Dex. Is this any good? It seems about as good as it'll get for a Dwarf.
  • Options
    wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Got a question :

I've picked up some nice starter gear after i hit lvl 60. But what boots would be best to start off with?

Your guide is amazing OP. Thanks a lot for all your tips!
  • Options
    d15aud15au Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you going to update your Power Tree build screenshot with the Knights Challenge build?
  • Options
    threaded1threaded1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question, does Wrathful Warrior work ONLY when you have temporary hit points or does it act as like a small buff with a timer whenever you gain temporary hit points?

I mean...if you get crit the chance of the measly 1-5% temporary hit points lasting more than a second when something slaps you again is next to nothing.
  • Options
    shadowxakirashadowxakira Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey evny whats your @handle ?? trying to armory you, you can do it by e.g

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(The Corrupted One@corruptionkills)/charactersheet

gear1_zps2c77a5c6.png

or http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p373/nova6t9er/gear1_zps2c77a5c6.png for bigger one

their name + handle and you can view anyones guy/gear

Thank

bahhhh the photos being dumb. well u can see i am logged in my account viewing someone else's gear.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manipulating request parameters, nice :)
  • Options
    diekaodiekao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Crusher Shield is a strong choice, probably best if one values crit (well and before clearing castle never)

What about weapon though? Currently using a Lizardfolk Scimitar (only 17k AD on Beholder). Is there a better choice later on and where does it drop?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    diekao wrote: »
    So Crusher Shield is a strong choice, probably best if one values crit (well and before clearing castle never)

What about weapon though? Currently using a Lizardfolk Scimitar (only 17k AD on Beholder). Is there a better choice later on and where does it drop?

I have the Castle Never weapon and I'm still using the Scimitar.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    braemarbraemar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Envy has timeless set which requires him to stack crit, I've got 3k crit without stacks and one heal from a cleric would give me 10k power due to feats/build.

Since maiku isn't answering, would you explain me the last part of this sentence? i didn't find any trait that can give you 10k power when receiving heals.. am i loosing something? the only power boost i've found so far is the one from 4t1 pieces..
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the Castle Never weapon and I'm still using the Scimitar.

Nice guess they let you keep your stuff then after all.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »

Well of course, since that is the best way to teach people not to exploit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I didn't get anything using the valiant set, sorry to burst your bubble. Oh wait, I got the Shadow Slayer title. **** it I hope they don't take it away!!!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    clacksonclackson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the guide, Envy! Your thoughts were very helpful, and I'm enjoying my own 60 GF immensely in tier 2s and pvp.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get anything using the valiant set, sorry to burst your bubble. Oh wait, I got the Shadow Slayer title. **** it I hope they don't take it away!!!

Naw, just gear for your buds and stuff to sell on the AH. But anyways, take notice everyone and see how much Cryptic/PWE cares. They don't.
  • Options
    sylektasylekta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braemar wrote: »
    Since maiku isn't answering, would you explain me the last part of this sentence? i didn't find any trait that can give you 10k power when receiving heals.. am i loosing something? the only power boost i've found so far is the one from 4t1 pieces..

i answered you in the other thread but will post here
    GF have two feats that give you temp HP, one from getting heals from cleric, the other from taking a crit
    there is another feat that gives you bonus damage when you have temp HP, which is boosted by the final conq feat

so when a gf with those feats gets healed or is crit, their power spikes
    in maiku's case it must spike to 10k
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried grouping with another DPS GF and both of you run Into the Fray so you can stack up the buff from Villain's Menace? Saw a screenshot of a guy with 4 stacks of it at once. Dude was a giant.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Naw, just gear for your buds and stuff to sell on the AH. But anyways, take notice everyone and see how much Cryptic/PWE cares. They don't.

Kids gonna be mad, GG.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay Envy, Roku. I see your builds and I raise you some dps. I don't calculate much, I just READ the skills and go with the flow. This is CN up until 3rd boss but cw had to leave.. (pug) as usual. Dungeon ran today about 4-5 hours ago.

2UFML.png

2UFRD.jpg

2UFRN.jpg

Build? PvP spec similar to Envy's because he really has a decent guide. Now I say decent is because if you want to kill in pvp, follow.
    I do however have a different play style to you guys mainly because I have 300ms I have somewhat of a lag so I build towards hp which results in power anyway. Try beat. :D
    PS: Those CW/TR have quite nice gear, not going to lie.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Okay Envy, Reno. I see your builds and I raise you some dps. I don't calculate much, I just READ the skills and go with the flow. This is CN up until 3rd boss but cw had to leave.. (pug) as usual. Dungeon ran today about 4-5 hours ago.

2UFML.png

2UFRD.jpg

2UFRN.jpg

Build? PvP spec similar to Envy's because he really has a decent guide. Now I say decent is because if you want to kill in pvp, follow.
    I do however have a different play style to you guys mainly because I have 300ms I have somewhat of a lag so I build towards hp which results in power anyway. Try beat. :D
    PS: Those CW/TR have quite nice gear, not going to lie.

Cant really tell you my CN damage as I only do it when my static would have time for it (not often) and with no particular interest as there's nothing that drops from there that I would want. I'll let you know if it comes up, however.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Fun with the GF

New short video up!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    waspinator0waspinator0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy, would you be willing to post your character sheet/stats/items so we can take a look at *exactly* what you're working with as of the "fun with the GF" video?
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant really tell you my CN damage as I only do it when my static would have time for it (not often) and with no particular interest as there's nothing that drops from there that I would want. I'll let you know if it comes up, however.

That run was my first time.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Envy, would you be willing to post your character sheet/stats/items so we can take a look at *exactly* what you're working with as of the "fun with the GF" video?

Yup! Give me a few.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    n3U3eic.jpg
    Source

Crit Strike is with the Timeless bonus stacked.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [IMG][/img]GJt2lEW.jpg

My gear So far. Not really playing atm as PVE is pretty boring.
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, Envy,

First, thanks for this amazing guide. I am following it step by step and along with my experience playing tanks and offtanks I am rocking on NWN with my GF. Reason is that none of the classes were interesting to me so I was almost waiting till they release the paladin, even being a hero founder. But I found the GF really fun and a nice dpser as well much thanks to your guide.

Now, my questions. I hitted my lvl 28 today. I rolled a human, 18str, 16con. Thing is, I noticed that the extra 3 HEROIC feats are not essential and that you also rolled a non-human. The extra options are ok but not essential to a dps oriented. So I am torn here. I rolled a tiefling guardian now and I find that tieflings are an ok choice for this... Reason:
    +2 con
    + 5% extra damage to all enemies with less than 50% health (trade of with my all time +2% damage bonus from 18str)
    + 10% chance to proc a debuff that lowers power

So humans have a nice +3% bonus to defense, but all in all dont you think that tiefs are better for a dps guardian?
    And yes, I am a min/maxer. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    Hey, Envy,

First, thanks for this amazing guide. I am following it step by step and along with my experience playing tanks and offtanks I am rocking on NWN with my GF. Reason is that none of the classes were interesting to me so I was almost waiting till they release the paladin, even being a hero founder. But I found the GF really fun and a nice dpser as well much thanks to your guide.

Now, my questions. I hitted my lvl 28 today. I rolled a human, 18str, 16con. Thing is, I noticed that the extra 3 HEROIC feats are not essential and that you also rolled a non-human. The extra options are ok but not essential to a dps oriented. So I am torn here. I rolled a tiefling guardian now and I find that tieflings are an ok choice for this... Reason:
    +2 con
    + 5% extra damage to all enemies with less than 50% health (trade of with my all time +2% damage bonus from 18str)
    + 10% chance to proc a debuff that lowers power

So humans have a nice +3% bonus to defense, but all in all dont you think that tiefs are better for a dps guardian?
    And yes, I am a min/maxer. :)

Yes I think Tiefling might be the best min max for guardian.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I think Tiefling might be the best min max for guardian.

Thanks, I guess I will stick with him then. :)
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    What about half orcs? They can get bonus to both STR and DEX and have slightly stronger crits. With high enough crit chance the 5% crit severity alone can get close to the 5% extra damage <50 of the tiefling (can't get as good though since we cannot reach 50% crit chance) and depending on how much STR and DEX influence our dps it might give (slightly, obviously) higher dps overall I think?