What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    fireboykfireboyk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The game is really cool, but it is incredibly laggy and the delay on the key response makes it unplayable.
    Thx for your effort admins, but i think i will wait until tommorow to play it when things get better :)

Btw i have 100/10 internet and a high end gaming computer, so the issue is server related :)
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    fireboyk wrote: »
    The game is really cool, but it is incredibly laggy and the delay on the key response makes it unplayable.
    Thx for your effort admins, but i think i will wait until tommorow to play it when things get better :)

Btw i have 100/10 internet and a high end gaming computer, so the issue is server related :)

We're aware of in-game lag right now. We'll update you on that issue here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?163651-In-game-issues-Lag-rubber-banding-Updates-here.
  • Options
    cleanorcleanor Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    My patcher has been stuck at 30% for ten minutes. After trying to log in for the past three hours, kind of hesitant to restart things...

Any advice on what to do here?
  • Options
    folly8folly8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi I just registered and when I try to login the launcher says "invalid password or username". Is there any fix to this?
  • Options
    andreroepkeandreroepke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The patch isnt working for me and some friends here. Still on "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times." and "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> =/
  • Options
    marszal93marszal93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing.
    Log said to me: Cannot create file <C:/Program Files<x86>/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/Nvtt.dll>
    PatchClientLib Error: the patchclientlib is returning error code: 36

How to fix it? Putting nvtt.dll there is not helping at all.
  • Options
    capressicapressi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    working Ty
  • Options
    syto123syto123 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    folly8 wrote: »
    Hi I just registered and when I try to login the launcher says "invalid password or username". Is there any fix to this?

Same problem here,asking already 1h but none answer me yet.
  • Options
    xthalocxthaloc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cmpinpointerror - can you make a comment on what the rest of us who dont get IE up should do ?
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    The patch isnt working for me and some friends here. Still on "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times." and "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> =/

same here :(
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    narkolethicsnarkolethics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i solved this one at patching step, got the error "Unable to start game cliente: Windows erro code 0(while attemting to format, received error code 15100).

If i click on the play button the error code become "1505"

by running client as administrator
  • Options
    kreslinkreslin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't see the button "Play". Where is it?
  • Options
    xthalocxthaloc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    archwarden wrote: »
    same here :(

Download the .exe file in this thread it should fix it, its also linked on the page 1.
  • Options
    acilles5acilles5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so i did everything but now it keeps cheking version or something. already waited 30 min still no play button dysrom.jpg
    Help pls
  • Options
    alabuckalabuck Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    donaldlk wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is how I managed to fix my launcher issues.
    Step 1. Download Google Chrome and set as your default browser(You may be able to skip this)
    Step 2. Re-open and close the launcher until you get the "Loading please wait" message on the launcher
    Step 3. Wait for awhile until the launcher opens all the way (It's going to look a little glitchy)
    Step 4. Click on options
    Step 5. Check "Force Verify"
    Step 6. Check "Fast Launch"
    Step 7. Login and press enter on your keyboard instead of manually clicking the button
    These steps should get you in the game, if it doesnt work after those steps, restart until you get the loading screen on the launcher and try to login again.

Good luck!!

Works for me thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    syto123 wrote: »
    Same problem here,asking already 1h but none answer me yet.

That's unfortunate, I've been following Neverwinter for awhile now and lurking the forums, I should have probably registered earlier. Guess this is what happens, oh well. Look forward to playing eventually though.
  • Options
    audioscarsaudioscars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People who are trying to log in with their username and password and getting the 403 error should try to go the beta page pin provided and then log in, you dont need to enter a beta key. just make sure your account is LOGGED IN. it should verify your account for beta. other than that, open the launcher and go to 'options' at the top and check off 'force verify' and 'fast launch'. try that anyways c: worked for me.
    30ivwpx.png
  • Options
    insperainspera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rigglez10 wrote: »
    Hi There,

It doesn't seem like many people are getting this error message. But I've been getting this the whole time. I've tried the updated executable. Even when there is nothing entered in the login details when clicking the login button the Launcher crashes. Also hitting the enter key once the details are entered does absolutely nothing.

CGRv9bi.png

Thanks! :)

Seems quite a few of us are getting this.
    Tried installing on C:\ and E:\, no good.
    Re-installed with newest download (which included the "deleteme"), same issue.
    No firewall active
    Ran as Admin, no good.
    Win7 x64, acc with full admin. Chrome Default browser.
    Is there a way we can circum-navigate the launcher? My friend mentioned a "Game Client" in the live folder which I don't have yet, can we copy that and use it without using launcher?
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    *bows deeply*
  • Options
    szeyingszeying Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was getting the 403 error and tried to go to the link in the launcher to login (as well as the beta key link) but I keep getting an error.i26aus.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    xthaloc wrote: »
    Download the .exe file in this thread it should fix it, its also linked on the page 1.
    *bows deeply*
  • Options
    syto123syto123 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    folly8 wrote: »
    That's unfortunate, I've been following Neverwinter for awhile now and lurking the forums, I should have probably registered earlier. Guess this is what happens, oh well. Look forward to playing eventually though.
    I register 25.4 and gets that error.I go to some site and still no luck.And when I asked for help all igrone me.Only audioscars answer till now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    audioscars wrote: »
    People who are trying to log in with their username and password and getting the 403 error should try to go the beta page pin provided and then log in, you dont need to enter a beta key. just make sure your account is LOGGED IN. it should verify your account for beta. other than that, open the launcher and go to 'options' at the top and check off 'force verify' and 'fast launch'. try that anyways c: worked for me.

I'm not getting error 403, just "invalid password or username". I registered about 15 minutes ago. Thanks for the help anyway. Hopefully, this will get sorted as well.
  • Options
    evulrayevulray Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Every time I click LOGIN I get CrypticError: Oops!
    Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i am in the Beholder server, but i average 1.2k ping. I am not sure if this is way it should be.
  • Options
    asmodai77asmodai77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    inspera wrote: »
    Seems quite a few of us are getting this.
    Tried installing on C:\ and E:\, no good.
    Re-installed with newest download (which included the "deleteme"), same issue.
    No firewall active
    Ran as Admin, no good.
    Win7 x64, acc with full admin. Chrome Default browser.
    Is there a way we can circum-navigate the launcher? My friend mentioned a "Game Client" in the live folder which I don't have yet, can we copy that and use it without using launcher?

I tried the 'game client' in the game's directory and it just launches the launcher.

I wishes Cryptic would acknowledge the error at least. They haven't even shown that these posts have been read.
  • Options
    ysaidysaid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've seen it said several times in this thread and others that the error in connecting to the launcher has been fixed but I can't find how to fix it. I just keep getting the 'trying to update launcher message' - 2 times, then get the patcher error - The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. Can someone point me in the direction on the fix for this.
  • Options
    cesco8333cesco8333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your quick reply and quick problems solving are better than blizzard when diablo 3 was launched... ;)
    Good Job Guys!!!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    evulray wrote: »
    Every time I click LOGIN I get CrypticError: Oops!
    Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

Please submit the report so we can investigate.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ysaid wrote: »
    I've seen it said several times in this thread and others that the error in connecting to the launcher has been fixed but I can't find how to fix it. I just keep getting the 'trying to update launcher message' - 2 times, then get the patcher error - The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. Can someone point me in the direction on the fix for this.

Same here.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
This discussion has been closed.