Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    cesco8333cesco8333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ysaid wrote: »
    I've seen it said several times in this thread and others that the error in connecting to the launcher has been fixed but I can't find how to fix it. I just keep getting the 'trying to update launcher message' - 2 times, then get the patcher error - The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. Can someone point me in the direction on the fix for this.

Replacing the Main EXE worked for me! ;)
  • Options
    mrsupreme9mrsupreme9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have submitted the error. Ticket ID 14459538
  • Options
    donaldlkdonaldlk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mine laucher dont show up.. i tried 50 times + and still dont show up .. its just me?.. please an answer will be nice =)
  • Options
    zwinkerchenzwinkerchen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well im really surprised that u found a working fix in this short amount of time. :)
  • Options
    xthalocxthaloc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please submit the report so we can investigate.

i keep submiting them.. same thing.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    even if you manage to log in guys. The game is unplayable, average 1.3k ping with a 20mb connection.
  • Options
    insperainspera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Sent it about 30 times now! :'(
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    ysaid wrote: »
    I've seen it said several times in this thread and others that the error in connecting to the launcher has been fixed but I can't find how to fix it. I just keep getting the 'trying to update launcher message' - 2 times, then get the patcher error - The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. Can someone point me in the direction on the fix for this.

Fix is on the first post I created.
  • Options
    hoodedshadowxhoodedshadowx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting a crash error whenever I try to login after entering my account information. CrypticError pops up and closes the game.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    even if you manage to log in guys. The game is unplayable, average 1.3k ping with a 20mb connection.

Known. We're updating you on that issue here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?163651-In-game-issues-Lag-rubber-banding-Updates-here. Please stick to launcher issues on this thread.
  • Options
    krajcarkrajcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting a crash error whenever I try to login after entering my account information. CrypticError pops up and closes the game.

Unfortunately the same here
  • Options
    folly8folly8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syto123 wrote: »
    Same problem here,asking already 1h but none answer me yet.

I tried logging on with my e-mail as the username and it worked. Try logging with your e-mail. At least the launch patcher is working.
  • Options
    hoodedshadowxhoodedshadowx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    folly8 wrote: »
    I tried logging on with my e-mail as the username and it worked. Try logging with your e-mail.

Tried that but still keep getting the CrypticError.
  • Options
    evulrayevulray Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Done. I'm running win8 x64 and chrome browser (not that i've got any 403 error). Tried opening the key redemption page in both chrome and iexplorer just in case. And running as administrator. And a reinstall.

EDIT: The CrypticError occurs even if I leave the account name/password fields blank. Hit LOGIN button = CrypticError
  • Options
    syto123syto123 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    folly8 wrote: »
    I tried logging on with my e-mail as the username and it worked. Try logging with your e-mail.

Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! Hope I will now not get any errors :S
  • Options
    kawoosekawoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When i start the lauchner i just get the message : "patcher is running". But instead of a play button there is just a cancel button... no change in 30 min :/
  • Options
    folly8folly8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syto123 wrote: »
    Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! Hope I will now not get any errors :S

You're welcome amigo.
  • Options
    thorurhthorurh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When patching i'm getting the error 36 which stops the patching and restarts it. Thing is it just keeps restarting over and over again. Can't seem to find any solution to this issue. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    marszal93marszal93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thorurh wrote: »
    When patching i'm getting the error 36 which stops the patching and restarts it. Thing is it just keeps restarting over and over again. Can't seem to find any solution to this issue. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing.
    Log said to me: Cannot create file <C:/Program Files<x86>/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/nvtt.dll>
    PatchClientLib Error: the patchclientlib is returning error code: 36

It seems u have the same problem. Putting nvtt.dll there manually doesn't change anything.
  • Options
    insperainspera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rigglez10 wrote: »
    Hi There,

It doesn't seem like many people are getting this error message. But I've been getting this the whole time. I've tried the updated executable. Even when there is nothing entered in the login details when clicking the login button the Launcher crashes. Also hitting the enter key once the details are entered does absolutely nothing.

CGRv9bi.png

Thanks! :)

Just a query, the people who are getting this, did you download from Direct or Torrent? Maybe an issue with the download?

I have the issue and I used Direct
  • Options
    pjskiminpjskimin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I replaced the .exe file but now when i try to start launcher i get "Neverwinter.exe is not a valid win32 application." I still can't get the launcher patched.
  • Options
    asmodai77asmodai77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I downloaded from the GameFront mirror.
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The update 7 fix didn't work,
    when I start the launcher and log in it says patching but nothing happens.
  • Options
    rigglez10rigglez10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting that issue and I downloaded from Torrent initially.
  • Options
    sirjoqersirjoqer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    downloaded EXE file and now it says connecting to the account server and hangs there and throws me back to login
  • Options
    xthalocxthaloc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    inspera wrote: »
    Just a query, the people who are getting this, did you download from Direct or Torrent? Maybe an issue with the download?

I have the issue and I used Direct

I have the same problem, and i used the torrent
  • Options
    donaldlkdonaldlk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mine launcher still dont show up .. any help please? tank you =)
  • Options
    evulrayevulray Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    regarding the CrypticError; I tried closing TeamViewer, and now I don't get the error anymore. Might be a coincidence, but might be worth a try if you run teamviewer or any other remote desktop software...

EDIT: IT'S WORKING NOW! NO CRYPTICERROR!
  • Options
    thorurhthorurh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thats exactly my problem, yes. I also tried to create the nvtt.dll file manually, but nothing happend. Hope someone finds a fix to this soonish. Atleast I havent seen any fix for this yet..
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For players with a "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" error, please download this file and replace your Neverwinter.exe file with this where you installed the game.

Download link: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe

Worked like a charm! Thank you! I'll buy some more Zen to show my appreciation :)
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
This discussion has been closed.