What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    asmodeuswinsasmodeuswins Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?! I can't find my Neverwinter directory, on all drives, windows search can't find "Neverwinter" or "Cryptic", and i already played the game like 30 minutes ago, what the actual ****? I had to relog and wanted to fix the launcher after it broke, but i dont have the game directory with files WTF?!!!!!!
  • Options
    insperainspera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    inspera wrote: »
    Just a query, the people who are getting this, did you download from Direct or Torrent? Maybe an issue with the download?

I have the issue and I used Direct

****FIXED FOR ME*****
    Closed Teamviewer
    Close anything like LogMeIn, Mikogo etc and it seems to fix it! Huzzah!
  • Options
    jenkstah999jenkstah999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    evulray wrote: »
    regarding the CrypticError; I tried closing TeamViewer, and now I don't get the error anymore. Might be a coincidence, but might be worth a try if you run teamviewer or any other remote desktop software...

Worked, Thanks times 1 million!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?! I can't find my Neverwinter directory, on all drives, windows search can't find "Neverwinter" or "Cryptic", and i already played the game like 30 minutes ago, what the actual ****? I had to relog and wanted to fix the launcher after it broke, but i dont have the game directory with files WTF?!!!!!!

Please search for "Cryptic Studios" for where you installed Neverwinter.
  • Options
    thorurhthorurh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah this error 36 is nothing im capable of fixing myself. Admins, I know you are terribly busy, but please put some notice to this issue as you have to the others.
  • Options
    evulrayevulray Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Close teamviewer!!!!
  • Options
    bearclaw85bearclaw85 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Error 36...restarting....error 36....restarting...error 36....restarting..........argh!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    bearclaw85 wrote: »
    Error 36...restarting....error 36....restarting...error 36....restarting..........argh!

Where and when do you see this error?
  • Options
    sparkleavsparkleav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me it seems I'm on a 3rd patch...
  • Options
    krispy305krispy305 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it worked , closed Teamviewer app
  • Options
    asmodai77asmodai77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    inspera wrote: »
    ****FIXED FOR ME*****
    Closed Teamviewer
    Close anything like LogMeIn, Mikogo etc and it seems to fix it! Huzzah!

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I closed out of Curse client and a couple other background apps and it started patching and let me log in.
  • Options
    zychriaszychrias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    even if you manage to log in guys. The game is unplayable, average 1.3k ping with a 20mb connection.

Ping nowadays isn't as effected by speed as it is by the software interrupting the message, and the physical location of the server. A lot of 1.5 Mb connections can have a better ping than a 20 Mb.
  • Options
    xthalocxthaloc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    evulray wrote: »
    Close teamviewer!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU ARE THE BEST THING ON HERE... for ppl getting crash when hitting the login CLOSE ****ING TEAMVIEWER!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Where and when do you see this error?

In the patcher window. It just keeps running. Patching, then error 36 and restarting. Over and over and over.
  • Options
    thorurhthorurh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The error 36 occurs when trying to patch after logging on the launcher. I ran a promt and it seems to have something to do with a file called "nvtt.dll, which is supposed to be located in the Neverwinter -> Live folder. But when I check for it, it isn't there.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Please search for "Cryptic Studios" for where you installed Neverwinter.

Don't have it either, the only Neverwinter file i have is a link in /Games windows folder and she shortcut doesn't show the directory either... wtf this has never happened to me before in more than a decade of playing games...
  • Options
    rigglez10rigglez10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay so obviously the crashes on clicking Login is something client related. I closed the following programs: Displayfusion, Fraps, Logitech Webcam Software. Retried the launcher and no error whatsoever.

Wooooo! :)
  • Options
    darthbawlzzdarthbawlzz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i am running the launcher. everything starts out normal, but it keeps saying patching. It has no other information about anything...been doing this for 30 mins. Not sure if it is not responding or what. The two times it got passed launcher and started it went to a black screen and crashed saying Fatal Error
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Patcher window says "NW.1.20130416a.12" before giving the error 36 message.
  • Options
    kysrillkysrill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cesco8333 wrote: »
    Replacing the Main EXE worked for me! ;)

Same here... Lag in game is insane, though...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Don't have it either, the only Neverwinter file i have is a link in /Games windows folder and she shortcut doesn't show the directory either... wtf this has never happened to me before in more than a decade of playing games...

This is where the default installation goes to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe"
  • Options
    miyatzimiyatzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone else missing they'r items from foundry packs? Only got a adventurer bag from buying the 200 dollar Hero of the north pack
  • Options
    chamos1chamos1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." Close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened".

Game crashes immediately after selecting a server. :(
  • Options
    cleanorcleanor Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    In, working fine.
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    bearclaw85 wrote: »
    Patcher window says "NW.1.20130416a.12" before giving the error 36 message.

You might want to:
    1) Make sure that you have enough available disk space for patching.
    2) Make sure that none of the files are already in use (i.e. you don't already have the game launching in the background)
    3) Run the launcher as administrator
  • Options
    noscetemetnoscetemet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is anyone having difficulty with a huge patch? It wanted me to download 2.6GBs, which I didn't mind so much as I figured it would be over quickly. However, this started right when they fixed the Launcher, and now the speed has dropped down to less than 100 KB/s with only 89% finished.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Found it... that was ****ed up it was neither in the suggested by you folder, nor anywhere i would put a game while sober.
  • Options
    acilles5acilles5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cant see play button if i dont use proxy settings in launcher. if i use proxy, i cant pass character creation screen in game. Help pls
  • Options
    gevauldingevauldin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    soooooooooooooooooooooooo slow
    ...play through the pain...
  • Options
    maglorspmaglorsp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    here is doing patching but not download anything, more than 1 hour
This discussion has been closed.