test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS] Dragonbone Vale Launch Week Issues

Comments

• spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

percemer said:

We performed an emergency maintenance to address crashing issues.

Here are the patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508393

However, there are still some issues being worked on. We will keep you updated on progress.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

you didnt address a god damn thing
    Has any of the lynch mob stopped long enough to think that maybe the crash and the freeze are separate issues. Regardless, it clearly states that the emergency maintenance addressed crashing issues, and that there are still some ( i repeat some, ie plural) issues being worked on. If any of you can show me where they claimed to have fixed it all, please do. Because what I see is a group of people that are working diligently to get as many customers as possible back in play as soon as they can; all the while still trying to fix the rest of the issues for the rest of us. Yet no one can remember just a few short hours ago this is exactly what you (the mob) wanted. Answers! Information! There was even some among us that said we would act this way if they did do what the mob was hollering for. Let us all remember to give the opportunities and grace that we would want. may you all have a good night and may we be up and running soon. without attacking the very people that have worked long and hard so that we can enjoy the game we do.
    u arent being serious are u ?
  • willbarth#7641 willbarth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @hehateme999#2396 said:
    > > @spartan3121#9063 said:
    > > still no response from the devs either lmfao
    >
    > The went home already lol.

To be honest I work 40+ hrs at a job weekly, always get overtime and this is a big effect on my ability to keep up with endgame as a returning player. This mod is why I returned to be honest.. I have a family life, so I can't fault them.
    What if they have a kid or wife or whatever they take care of and want to spend time with? Have you ever worked at a job that you know sucks cause that's just where you ended up or you have got to comfortable with life and became miserable and stagnant and unhappy, but choose to stay in a rut and blame everyone else because change scares you? Or just causes anxiety? Game or real life?
    Give slack, it's a job, and a game, just like everyone else, they may one day get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together with this buy out. Or maybe things get shifted, bigger long term, coders change jobs, creators and whatever. Then games become company specific or position is better at different company so they change companies... a lot bigger things are going on in this part of gaming and the gaming world about to be turned upside down, or at least it needs to it's beginning stagnant and money hungry...
  • Cannot play the game on PS4 or PS5, Game Freezes, Music still playing.
  • tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    If the friends list bug is what's causing it not sure i can remove people from mine and the patch made my account freeze when i try to play it on ps 5. They're going to have to patch the friend's list again if that is the issue
  • bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2022

If the friends list bug is what's causing it not sure i can remove people from mine and the patch made my account freeze when i try to play it on ps 5. They're going to have to patch the friend's list again if that is the issue

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the "friends list threshold" basket, as folks with few to no friends are also freezing. 😳
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Greetings,

While a crash had been fixed last night, players are still experiencing game freezes. We are working on having a fix ready and we hope to have it live later. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • tashmar#1269 tashmar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just spent 45 minutes trying the spam circle/empty mail thing. Here's how it went.

Login, spam circle, open mail, collect enchants from one mail, freeze.
    Logout, login, spam circle, open mail, delete previously collected mail, freeze.
    Logout, login, spam circle, collect enchants from one mail, freeze.
    (Repeated until my mailbox was empty).

Once final mail was deleted, game froze. I logged out, logged back in, spammed circle, game opened and froze.

Tried a couple more time to the same result. So, the empty mail trick does not appear to work for everyone.

Curiously, my toons was in PE while I was doing this and there seemed to be a LOT of players actively moving around/playing.

I'm sure the Devs have looked into this, but if they haven't, they should compare the accounts of those able to play to those of us who cannot.
  • tashmar#1269 tashmar Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the "friends list threshold" basket, as folks with few to no friends are also freezing. 😳
    That's true. I'm kind of a loner:lol: I only have about 5 friends on PS4 and, even after emptying my mailbox (see above), I still can't get more that 5-10 seconds of play time before the freeze. Kind of sucks because we're snowed in and I can't get to work, so the last two days would have been a lot of play time for me.
  • gadgelad#8659 gadgelad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Lmfao sorry for the inconvenience now the question is how are you going to compensate the 3 to 4 days we all lost ie farm new content 100k ad per day keys from vip double events nearly finished and the list goes on but dout your gonna replie to this and even do anything about this problem
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

Lmfao sorry for the inconvenience now the question is how are you going to compensate the 3 to 4 days we all lost ie farm new content 100k ad per day keys from vip double events nearly finished and the list goes on but dout your gonna replie to this and even do anything about this problem

Were you born with your hand out, or is this just a well-practiced motion?

Seriously, whether you choose to believe it or not, the developers are working non-stop to fix this. There is a clock ticking on this, and they know it. They're working themselves ragged trying to make sure you get back into a game...because for them it's their livelihood. I guarantee you, between you wanting to play, and them wanting to feed their families, their motivation is a shade more visceral.

They'll get to compensation after the problem is fixed.

And, naturally, a very vocal minority are already tuning up their voices to chorus, "That's not enough."

• > @"chaderickrax#3780" said:
    > Were you born with your hand out, or is this just a well-practiced motion?
    >
    > Seriously, whether you choose to believe it or not, the developers are working non-stop to fix this. There is a clock ticking on this, and they know it. They're working themselves ragged trying to make sure you get back into a game...because for them it's their livelihood. I guarantee you, between you wanting to play, and them wanting to feed their families, their motivation is a shade more visceral.
    >
    > They'll get to compensation after the problem is fixed.
    >
    > And, naturally, a very vocal minority are already tuning up their voices to chorus, "That's not enough."

You may think you’re helping but you are just adding more fuel to the fire. This thread is for bugs and glitches. Everyone should keep their composure.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

> @chaderickrax#3780 said:
    >
    > Seriously, whether you choose to believe it or not, the developers are working non-stop to fix this. There is a clock ticking on this, and they know it. They're working themselves ragged trying to make sure you get back into a game...because for them it's their livelihood. I guarantee you, between you wanting to play, and them wanting to feed their families, their motivation is a shade more visceral.
    >
    >
    > And, naturally, a very vocal minority are already tuning up their voices to chorus, "That's not enough."

You may think you’re helping but you are just adding more fuel to the fire. This thread is for bugs and glitches. Everyone should keep their composure.

Fair enough. I suspect you're right.
  • tosacat#6896 tosacat Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"chaderickrax#3780" said:
    >
    >
    >

I don't know how can you know they work non-stop to fix. Maybe they can feed their families with another job which they may be capable but developer.

And this is just one of the things which they had failure in many. Let say the bard still didn't work as the description since the preview from now on, don't even need to mention other classes. Do they real fix things non-stop? Obviously no. Do they break things non-stop? O... well... ha... hum......

Non matter what is their motivation, time and times are already proof they are not capable for their job. I won't say since mod16 but something like that. Need to feed their families is not a Excuse for doing a bad job but a reason to keep the job done, at least in minimal standard. Say goodbye to uncapable people is good for the company, customer and the staff himself, so they may find another job which they are capable and feeling happy and keep feeding their families, yes?
  • gadgelad#8659 gadgelad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Chad and slice would you pay someone to do a job not to do there job lmfao i pay vip so im well in my right to ask that very question and a hand out lol idiot donations pay for there familys food and welfare and would you pay for nothing cranks
  • soufjen#8281 soufjen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    time for another patch guys the last one didn't quite work...
    eggs
    percemer said:

Greetings,

While a crash had been fixed last night, players are still experiencing game freezes. We are working on having a fix ready and we hope to have it live later. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Percemer thank you kindly for your updates and responses!
    It's a refreshing change of pace for us folks who have historically been left in the dark more often than not.

Kudos to you and keep up the good work. 😁
    edited February 2022
    Frost Enchantment, Rank 8 issues.

I'm not sure if it's a wide spread or isolated issue but I'm unable to trade my Frost Enchantment Rank 8 in for the illusion.
    I have had no problem trading in any of the other weapon enchantments of ranks 8-14 for the illusion.
    When I attempt to do so I'm given the error message "You do not have enough Frost Enchantment, Rank 9".

**Update: Others have verified that this is happening to them as well.
    Post edited by bomber#7738 on

it fixed my relative's issue with their accounts as they're up and running no problem, but since the new patch i can only log in on ps4 to get my key and crash. i got friends on my list that i don't want to remove at all for the sake of this game. ps 5 just instant freezes on login so i think it is part of the problems. so hopefully they'll figure out what but i think now a big one is the friend list that is causing it for that to actually fix the issue. if someone who doesn't have anyone on a list check how much free space your console has, how full your mail, inventory was prior to this.

All in all as far as compensation goes for anything like this, just give everyone one of those 100% vip coupons thats for a month. People get 30 days of that and it's always random what you get, shows the good will of the company when things go bad and in a way lets players who normally dont have it see more of it if they missed the last one that was out. Might get more people to buy zen in the future. It's a low risk of compensation since the rng anyway. It also satisfies those that lost keys for the past few days for whatever reason.
  • redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2022

it fixed my relative's issue with their accounts as they're up and running no problem, but since the new patch i can only log in on ps4 to get my key and crash. i got friends on my list that i don't want to remove at all for the sake of this game. ps 5 just instant freezes on login so i think it is part of the problems. so hopefully they'll figure out what but i think now a big one is the friend list that is causing it for that to actually fix the issue. if someone who doesn't have anyone on a list check how much free space your console has, how full your mail, inventory was prior to this.

All in all as far as compensation goes for anything like this, just give everyone one of those 100% vip coupons thats for a month. People get 30 days of that and it's always random what you get, shows the good will of the company when things go bad and in a way lets players who normally dont have it see more of it if they missed the last one that was out. Might get more people to buy zen in the future. It's a low risk of compensation since the rng anyway. It also satisfies those that lost keys for the past few days for whatever reason.
    I freeze when logging into toons with no email and dozens of empty inventory slots. I don't think it's an email or inventory bug. I freeze when logging into a toon with no enchantments AT ALL slotted.

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Take your time , I’ll give you till the 8th .
    Next time , try to remember not to push something a week earlier , just makes you look bad , imo .
  • djuan3000#3893 djuan3000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @"hehateme999#2396" said:
    > > @"chaderickrax#3780" said:
    > > I'm pretty sure that any reasonable person would agree that there won't be any sort of response until after the problem is resolved.
    > >
    > > Or, is your goal to get them to start talking about what they intend to do after the problem is fixed, so you can double back and attack them all over again for getting the cart before the horse and forgetting to fix the problem first?
    > >
    > > They'll do something. They almost always do. And a vocal group of The Most Entitled will complain that it wasn't enough, while the rest of us acknowledge that something extra out of a free-to-play game (sorry, a "less-than-a-buck-a-day game," for VIP) is pretty cool.
    > >
    > > Accidents happen. Poor planning happens. Everyone across the US is understaffed and overworked right now, including Cryptic.
    > >
    > > Giving grace is appreciated but sadly, so rarely, the norm.
    >
    > I paid for vip. I should be able to claim the VIP rewards since I paid for them. Or am I being entitled about being able to use the things I purchased?

same here I just did another 6mo on jan31. however if I cant collect the 3+ days now passing then I will complain about it
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Oh please, fix it! 3days lost for me already....
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    FYI,

it seems, the Freeze-Bug is closely tied to the length of your friends list. If your FL is short, the bug does not occur. I just tried with a FL of one person and succeeded, while freezing with a 100 people FL.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I think this issue would have happened if they held the release. It’s whack a mole right now as they scramble to fix this. From 2 patches we have seen that there is some domino effect going on with peoples accounts. I say this because friends or no friends folks are still freezing and locked out. So it’s a sit and wait till it gets sorted.
    I’m guessing they are as frustrated and disappointed as we are.
    I just had surgery, this was supposed to be a treat to take my mind off recovery.
    Life doesn’t always work out.

Just keep posting the bugs and hopefully this gets solved soon
  • cn1964cn1964 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Nothing in friends list on any toon before first update and still freeze so its male cow manure on that being the cause. 120 free space on inventory on all toons minimum before update so cant see that being the issue. Nothing in mailbox n any toon so highly unlikely that's the cause. Got ingame after spamiming ps button but soon as i attacked a mob game frozee so im sorry that just goes to show its a dev error in the programming.
    cn1964 said:

Nothing in friends list on any toon before first update and still freeze so its male cow manure on that being the cause. 120 free space on inventory on all toons minimum before update so cant see that being the issue. Nothing in mailbox n any toon so highly unlikely that's the cause. Got ingame after spamiming ps button but soon as i attacked a mob game frozee so im sorry that just goes to show its a dev error in the programming.

its more than one cause. check your console free memory too. my relatives all work now but since i wont take off my friends from my list i can only log onto ps4 long enough to get keys. my account worked fine before this newer patch so more than likely will be fine if i did that or they patch the friend list issue. they shouldn't have released it a week in advance or allowed more console testing. they need a console test server.

• nodonn#9611 nodonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User

its more than one cause. check your console free memory too. my relatives all work now but since i wont take off my friends from my list i can only log onto ps4 long enough to get keys. my account worked fine before this newer patch so more than likely will be fine if i did that or they patch the friend list issue. they shouldn't have released it a week in advance or allowed more console testing. they need a console test server.

Truth. Without an environment where you can let end users in to try and break stuff, it's hard to properly stress test changes like mods, and these seemingly never ending reworks. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to implement a Preview Server on consoles though.

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Still freezes after latest patch. Actually bluescreened while trying to load and when it did load

NO TAB FOR ACCOUNT WIDE ENCHANT. I can’t turn a R5 enchant in. No option shows up.
    Hey, as a guild owner I have to log in to keep my guild mine.
    I would really hate to lose them all when it demoted me.
    edited February 2022
    bgl#5946 said:

FYI,

it seems, the Freeze-Bug is closely tied to the length of your friends list. If your FL is short, the bug does not occur. I just tried with a FL of one person and succeeded, while freezing with a 100 people FL.

Unfortunately I'm freezing with no friends at all on my friends list, as are others who stated as such above.
    Additionally I have over a terabyte of free space on my system and plenty of space on all my characters.
    edited February 2022

Still freezes after latest patch. Actually bluescreened while trying to load and when it did load

NO TAB FOR ACCOUNT WIDE ENCHANT. I can’t turn a R5 enchant in. No option shows up.
    Hey, as a guild owner I have to log in to keep my guild mine.
    I would really hate to lose them all when it demoted me.

The tab to make enchantments account wide is at the Rewards Claim Agent, tab left until it appears.
    You just need to tab over until it shows, it's kinda hidden like the menu for illusions at the Antiquities Scholars is as well lol.