test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alphonse Knox companion

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

So. Looks like the Knox companion is not being re-sold on a weekly basis. Pretty much, Cryptic wants it to 'seem' like they wanna take care of the backlog, but either they truly don't or they don't want to admit that player base actually knows what it is talking about in ways to get rid of the AD backlog. Take the Knox companion. 100 million AD due to the desire for BiS ( assuming that auction house exploited is not used ) a pop. 2 hundred thousand zen ( a little over 1800 bucks if 11,000 per 100 bucks ). Backlog of zen is in the billions IIRC. If done daily ( as it should have been done ) then knox stood potentially ( results may be different but feeding the rich folks to be BiS this should be atleast close ) then by the date of 21st, you are looking at 11 days. 2.2 million zen being removed from the backlog. This is just for one companion. Any BiS companions, items, etc. and auctioned in this manner would multiply the zen removal rate from the backlog.
    This is all assuming done on a daily basis. Every day that it is not done like this is an admission by Cryptic that I am correct. Release of future companions similar to Knox, items that are start being done via the Knox way that cryptic did multiplies how much I am correct. Eventually, this is gonna go from millions of zen to billions territory and therefore going from a multi-thousand dollar decision to multi-million dollar decision that is being missed out on.

So Cryptic can certainly come up with ideas that can take bring in the $$$. Execution of them however is lacking and not listening to the player base affects $$$ coming in.

Why would anyone pay 100mil if they know there is one listed each day?
    The price reflects not only its stats but its rarity. And your 'suggestion' just devalues them all, instead of selling one in a week for 97mil, they will need 50 days to sell at 2mil per one. (example)

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    There is no point to post one per day.
    There is no point to announce when this will stop. They may not post one today, for example.
    I suspect when the winning price is lower than certain value, this will stop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • garage#3579 garage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    There is already one on ah

77 777 777 ... :s

seems not so good...
    edited July 2018

seems not so good...

Defender, 3 offensive slot, neck, ring, ring included, 2000 stat. 20% debuff, 3 bonding stones, ...
    BiS companion. Does it worth 77 million? For the rich, it is a pretty good trophy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • garage#3579 garage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    and reduce all incoming damage by 33% ; its for companion or character ?

just miss some ad ....

and reduce all incoming damage by 33% ; its for companion or character ?

just miss some ad ....

Companion. He is a pretty good tank.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

seems not so good...

Defender, 3 offensive slot, neck, ring, ring included, 2000 stat. 20% debuff, 3 bonding stones, ...
    BiS companion. Does it worth 77 million? For the rich, it is a pretty good trophy.
    this won't sell for that price. not as long as they're still doing the packs. the one for sale isn't selling all the gear that came with it. just the companion.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User

seems not so good...

this won't sell for that price. not as long as they're still doing the packs. the one for sale isn't selling all the gear that came with it. just the companion.
    the gear it came with is HAMSTER.
    Bonding are not worth that much either.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I find this experiment very interesting. Wish more of these make it to the auction house at regular intervals (not exactly this companion but very unique stuff).
    Also given that cryptic has stuff like this going in for max ad, that's a monumental win irrespective of what I think it's worth or for that matter what anyone else does.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    developers need to set a buyout price of 100 million

and a new one hits the market immediately

bet they would sell quite alot in a short amount of time

siphoning ad off the market

like a fire sale in the US mint
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Doubt it will sell quickly anymore, but they should have set a buyout at the 100m limit and auto repost. I guess they didn't expect it to hit the limit.

How much did the 2nd knox sell for? I assume the one I see now is the 3rd auction and with 3 days left it is at 15.7m bid.

Doubt it will sell quickly anymore, but they should have set a buyout at the 100m limit and auto repost. I guess they didn't expect it to hit the limit.

How much did the 2nd knox sell for? I assume the one I see now is the 3rd auction and with 3 days left it is at 15.7m bid.

I think the 2nd one was sold for 40 something millions.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    What are you talking about, noworries just indicated for how much the 2nd Knox was sold exactly, which is an information everyone that paid attention to the final seconds of the auction have, it has nothing to do with you and your money.
    macjae said:

So... what are you going to do with the money?

Destroyed, it's an AD sink, to remove some AD from the economy

• timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    agilesto said:

everyone that paid attention to the final seconds of the auction have

If they wanted to know... but now everybody know

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    timor211 said:

I'm the Seller

Thanks to #NOWORRIES Cryptic Developer... : I thought that is was neutral...
    Maybe u can also say to people how much Ad's I have on Bank and how much zens ?

I have bought this companion (NOT for 51 500 000 but its MY problem) and my decision is to try to resell this.

I'm a seller and there are buyers. But now thanks to developer everybody know the start sell price

And it's higher than what was assumed, so it is in your favor...
    Now instead of thinking it should go for 45m, it 'can' start at 55m.

So what exactly is your problem?

• gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    timor211 said:

agilesto said:

everyone that paid attention to the final seconds of the auction have

If they wanted to know... but now everybody know

Doing any bussines brings a risk - you may not like it but you have to eat it.
    No worries :D if not the devs then some1 else will keep the list of sold Knoxes updated.
    And no worries :D forum users presents - not sure 5% of total game populations - not all of them even look at that thread, so with time you finally sell it.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    OK but to the point.

Not sure what Cryptic devs wanted to achieve with such sale, but I guess they failed.

Techniclly speking its a AD sink as it really takes AD out of the system. Thing is the amount of ADs taken that way is nearly insignificant. Some may say that last sold Knox was worth of 515 players daily AD refine cap. OK auction lasts 5 days. So you still wanna call it a sink worth mentioning? And it not even touching AD already overflowing a system.

Ok - so maybe it was a kind of a bait for hoarders?. Nope - lets be honest here - none of AD aquired during multiple scam occasions whitch was not taken out with a perma banned account are still here in game. Any one trying to tell those are gone is lying as this game never had a properly working sink system. And no hoarders are just to smart to catch such bait. If one of them really wanna get such companion he will find a better way to get it without even touching AH.

And no, this action - if it wont be changed somehow wont change ZAX backlog.
    Remember for Cryptic selling ZEN is most important. Such backlog is helthy for them as every one who spend money can get AD right away. So their main goal is both make ZEN atractive for not paying players - this needs to bring new items etc to the store.
    And to make sure that paying customers will get as many goods for thier exchanged ZENs. That needs to lower market prices.
    Any one else noticed legendary mounts prices going higher every day?

Wanna make a serious sink - put Knox in Wondrous Bazaar - package as you see it now. Price 20 - 30M AD. All items BtA. Avilable for 1 month. Then make a month without promo and then next month with a new companion/item/mount.
    Give it also a possiblity to make a gift for a friend out of it.

Wanna kill hoarders - make 100M AD limit account wide. Without a warning :D like a tradebar store change or class packs removed. One clean cut. Or announce it and you will see end of a ZAX backlog in a day.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Wanna kill hoarders - make 100M AD limit account wide. Without a warning :D like a tradebar store change or class packs removed. One clean cut. Or announce it and you will see end of a ZAX backlog in a day.

..... why would the ZAX backlog get better if people were told they'd suddenly lose all their AD? That would make the ZAX backlog *worse* as every affected account immediately sticks 12.5M AD (the max you can put on ZAX at once) up on ZAX to turn it into Zen. Assuming, y'know, they haven't ALREADY spent the months required to turn most of it into Zen, since Zen->AD is instant in case they want AD but AD->Zen takes days-to-weeks.

If you want to remove the backlog, you need to provide an incentive to turn Zen into AD, not AD into Zen. The backlog is because everyone wants Zen and relatively few people want AD.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    lowjohn said:

gripnir78 said:

..... why would the ZAX backlog get better if people were told they'd suddenly lose all their AD? That would make the ZAX backlog *worse* as every affected account immediately sticks 12.5M AD (the max you can put on ZAX at once) up on ZAX to turn it into Zen. Assuming, y'know, they haven't ALREADY spent the months required to turn most of it into Zen, since Zen->AD is instant in case they want AD but AD->Zen takes days-to-weeks.

If you want to remove the backlog, you need to provide an incentive to turn Zen into AD, not AD into Zen. The backlog is because everyone wants Zen and relatively few people want AD.
    The best method of them doing it is not telling anyone they are doing it. Till after of course maintance for the patch that adds it in.
    There is not just player farmed ad. There is millions or billions of botted ad. So what they do, They do not tell anyone they are adding in a account wide ad pool or a code that allows the game how much ad there is being stockpiled on individual characters. If the code detects more then one million they destory that ad but leaving 100 million. So say a person has ten characters with 100mill stockpiled on each while the rest being converted to zen. Game detects that account has 1 billion ad. Deletes 900 million of that ad or cuts off players from accessing that ad or trading it on zax. Removing it for good from the game later. That player would be mad and a lot of people that have stocked piled ad would be mad but it would remove the backlog Or most of the billions from players accounts. But to be truly successful then well they can't tell players they are doing it.

So basically what I'm suggesting they make the one million ad limit account wide like that person in the quote suggested. Then destroy all ad that bypasses that limit. Backlog problem might be fixed like he suggested by doing this even though there would be a lot of ticked off players. By only if they do it without warning the players they are doing it. So both of you are right.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

timor211 said:

I'm the Seller

Thanks to #NOWORRIES Cryptic Developer... : I thought that is was neutral...
    Maybe u can also say to people how much Ad's I have on Bank and how much zens ?

I have bought this companion (NOT for 51 500 000 but its MY problem) and my decision is to try to resell this.

I'm a seller and there are buyers. But now thanks to developer everybody know the start sell price

And it's higher than what was assumed, so it is in your favor...
    Now instead of thinking it should go for 45m, it 'can' start at 55m.

So what exactly is your problem?

He wanted everybody to think it sold for a lot more, and was hoping players would buy it for at least the same amount as the first one sold for...
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Since Cryptic might post more Knox'es, buying one now probably wold not be wise. It is likely the Knox prices will keep falling.

When Cryptic (more or less) stops posting Knox'es we'll see where the price stabilizes.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    smulch said:

Apparently, being rich is illegal in this game....

This is insanely stupid, btw

this. I cant belive how envious someone has to be suggest that Cryptic should just delete the AD of richer players.