What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alphonse Knox companion

Comments

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    cdnbison said:

When you log in, start looking up the prices of that stuff on the AH:
    3x r14 Bondings - let's say 6M each (18M)

Um, am I missing something here? R14 bondings are less than 3m each. Was a little higher prior to the anniversary (~3.5m), but hasn't been 6m for a long time.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2018

sigh.... smh...... basic math says yes you are right that it will b gone yes the pool will be 97mil smaller then it would have been if this pack had not came about, you are completely right on this i knew this all along jus bc i chose my words differently doesnt mean anythin other than i said it wrong lol. basic math says that even with this pack or any other ad sink.... the impact on the bcklogs in adx or ah will be so minimal that it wont matter. bc ya ur right new ad is generated the way u said i kno this i do it evry day on my two characters i made why i hav a 4mil rad on my main lol) but if the numbers are correct from wht i remember in the ad change thread..... smethin like 1+ billion a week is generated by the player base weekly. (u might as well go the the pool an strt scooppin out the water with a teaspon if u get the metaphor). an to clear things up again... i was not implyingthat new ad is generated by items being sold on the ah. only that items being sold on the ah that ad is just changeing hands and not actually being used (the ad sink) so the majority of the ad that is out there until/if these sinks have the affect the devs are hoping for in the long run......is still out there. but ok night night sleep sleep time buh bye

it doesn't MATTER how much new ad is made per week.

it doesn't matter.

the whole of ad out there is not the real problem.

the average person playing is spending. circulating.

not hoarding.

Master crafters.. they hoard.

Hoarding and putting things on the adx in max chunks is what raises the adx unsustainably.

having things that cost max will reduce the load on the adx. because those players will be cutting out large chunks of their hoard.

hoarders are the one percent.

they are NOT the ones generating new ad.

because of that the whole of new ad doesn't count into the equation that much. the average player isn't using the adx for much more than getting vip and the occasional whatsit. they're doing a couple thousand zen at a time. not 25000...

so it's much more significant than a teaspoon out of a billion gallons as far as I can see.

then on top of that when they start reversing past zen purchases to win the newest whatzit on the ah for 100mil they do a reverse on the ah actually selling large chunks of zen for ad which creates extra flow lessening the adx load EVEN MORE..

I've played on pc. I've played on console. From what I can tell pc doesn't seem to have a more active player base than console. either on ps4 or xbox.. yet the economies are all very different. all three are generating AT LEAST the same amount of NEW ad per week. If that in and of itself were the problem we should all have multi million ad backlogs shouldn't we?

as far as I understand any money left over from the exploits is long out of the system. that was five years ago.

so the problem is something else. right?

see above.. it's the hoarders.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ( turns arounds walks away shaking head and chuckling while waving hand bye)
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2018

best thing the devs coulda dne to make this a true ad sink was make it all boa so ther was no return profit after bnuyin the pack an sellin the stuff in it seperately later on

The replies to your original message was just to point out this is a true AD sink and what AD sink means. Instead of just acknowledging this, you said it was just bad wording (clearly it was not) and that you actually meant this sink is insignificant compared to the amount of new AD generated.

A whole page of replies were not needed. Some people will just do anything so that they don't appear to be wrong. "Never admit you're wrong" One of those annoying things about our society.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

best thing the devs coulda dne to make this a true ad sink was make it all boa so ther was no return profit after bnuyin the pack an sellin the stuff in it seperately later on

The replies to your original message was just to point out this is a true AD sink and what AD sink means. Instead of just acknowledging this, you said it was just bad wording (clearly it was not) and that you actually meant this sink is insignificant compared to the amount of new AD generated.

A whole page of replies were not needed. Some people will just do anything so that they don't appear to be wrong. "Never admit you're wrong" One of those annoying things about our society.
    lmao aight ya whtevr yall right im wrng i giv up im dne (turns around and starts walking again laughing)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Ok, let's calm this down just a little bit please. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Has knox auction ended yet? If so, has a new one started yet?

Figured I'd ask before responding more about why this thing should be daily instead of every 5 days

Gone and there is no new one at this moment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    kreatyve said:

It's an AD sink. It's doing what it was meant to do.

it would work better as max zen charged reward to get money into the game ;)
    arcanjo86 said:

kreatyve said:

It's an AD sink. It's doing what it was meant to do.

it would work better as max zen charged reward to get money into the game ;)
    1. You cannot see how much other people spend on Zen so that you can match.
    2. Many can pay a lot of money and lose and pissed and say this is a scam.
    3. I doubt anyone would pay $1900 real money for this. On the other hand, who knows?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Slowing the growth of AD in the economy by doing things like reducing what a player gets from a random queue of lowering the refining cap is not an AD sink.

Sinks are things that remove existing AD (or gold, or whatever else the currency is in this or any other game) from the game.

They have done things recently in an effort to slow the growth of AD entering the economy, but none of that is an AD sink.

This auction is.

Whether it is an effective sink or not is beside the point. It is a sink.

And no amount of "but people will just earn more AD" will change that.

Maybe there are more things needed to fix the AD economy, but Alphonse Knox is absolutely, positively a sink.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

For some reason, I just can't see myself buying a small black man in an auction. I will refrain from bidding, but I will remain calm. I was wondering if the developers plan to create and sell the Legendary Sword of Grandmothers any time soon? RPG heroes are Jerks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kedjhnguKhc

Remember to laugh, it is a fun game!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Um, am I missing something here? R14 bondings are less than 3m each. Was a little higher prior to the anniversary (~3.5m), but hasn't been 6m for a long time.

Yeah, I was just grabbing numbers for them from thin air, really - was at work, so couldn't double check the AH. ;-) With that in mind, reduce the 27M down to under 20M AD in actual cost (beyond value placed on the uniqueness of the companion).

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    So, the first one sold for 100 million. When's the next one going up? How much do you think it will go for?
    lowjohn said:

So, the first one sold for 100 million. When's the next one going up? How much do you think it will go for?

It was sold for about 97 million. The next overbid was 100 million + 1 AD. Hence, the winning bid stayed at 97 million.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

lowjohn said:

It was sold for about 97 million. The next overbid was 100 million + 1 AD. Hence, the winning bid stayed at 97 million.
    same difference. max amount is the take away. couldn't go any higher if it's 97 ot 100 mil :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

For some reason, I just can't see myself buying a small black man in an auction. I will refrain from bidding, but I will remain calm. I was wondering if the developers plan to create and sell the Legendary Sword of Grandmothers any time soon? RPG heroes are Jerks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kedjhnguKhc

Remember to laugh, it is a fun game!
    I can neither confirm nor deny the plans to add the Legendary Sword of Grandmothers to the AH, as I do not have access to that information. But anything is possible at this point. Maybe they will come up with something else to add.... ;)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nhari#2845 nhari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If they want a good, consistant money sink put scrolls of mass life in the ad store for a reasonable price (not a stupid price), that way instead of the ad circulating (as it does when buying from ah) it will be gone, poof and Im pretty sure people are going through a lot of these all the time.

This kind of one off auction is imo rewarding only the super lucky who have managed to hoard so much ad, or very long term players. Why should newer players be excluded any chance of ever getting this if they want it?
    Put it in the ad store for 100m so people can buy it or save and get it eventually, fine. Maybe you'll get more than 10 wortb out of the economy that way as well.
  • vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    This has been a truly great LOL thread. I actually saw one post that said this was for the 1% and should be opened up to buy with Zen. So the person who grinded out big chunks of AD and doesnt have much to spend it on shouldn't get it, but P2W should. That's great.

Honestly I can't figure out what all the ire is about. If you are a BiS AC or OP, then this is a nice upgrade. I myself have a BiS AC, and I wouldnt dump piles of AD onto this. Spend millions of AD to take my already exorbitant power up .75% more so I can share another 200 or so power, no thx. So me being in that position and not feeling outraged by this, I can't even wrap my head around 4 pages of people raging. This is an AD sink to counter inflation, nothing more. Take a deep breath, and relax LOL
    Limitless is L33t AF
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    OH no!!! Knox was in Dread Ring, talking to players near him, .... "Slave of Thay", no wonder why he was sold.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    every 5 days or trail one shot 5 days auction?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

This has been a truly great LOL thread. I actually saw one post that said this was for the 1% and should be opened up to buy with Zen. So the person who grinded out big chunks of AD and doesnt have much to spend it on shouldn't get it, but P2W should. That's great.

Honestly I can't figure out what all the ire is about. If you are a BiS AC or OP, then this is a nice upgrade. I myself have a BiS AC, and I wouldnt dump piles of AD onto this. Spend millions of AD to take my already exorbitant power up .75% more so I can share another 200 or so power, no thx. So me being in that position and not feeling outraged by this, I can't even wrap my head around 4 pages of people raging. This is an AD sink to counter inflation, nothing more. Take a deep breath, and relax LOL

I tried that once. It worked... until I turned purple & fell over.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

If they want a good, consistant money sink put scrolls of mass life in the ad store for a reasonable price (not a stupid price), that way instead of the ad circulating (as it does when buying from ah) it will be gone, poof and Im pretty sure people are going through a lot of these all the time.

This kind of one off auction is imo rewarding only the super lucky who have managed to hoard so much ad, or very long term players. Why should newer players be excluded any chance of ever getting this if they want it?

Put it in the ad store for 100m so people can buy it or save and get it eventually, fine. Maybe you'll get more than 10 wortb out of the economy that way as well.

its often the case that if you start new in an alrdy old game that u are not able to get some items. Thats just normal.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2018

If they want a good, consistant money sink put scrolls of mass life in the ad store for a reasonable price...

Make it a Scroll of Instantaneous Kicking, and I'll shell out.

So. Looks like the Knox companion is not being re-sold on a weekly basis. Pretty much, Cryptic wants it to 'seem' like they wanna take care of the backlog, but either they truly don't or they don't want to admit that player base actually knows what it is talking about in ways to get rid of the AD backlog. Take the Knox companion. 100 million AD due to the desire for BiS ( assuming that auction house exploited is not used ) a pop. 2 hundred thousand zen ( a little over 1800 bucks if 11,000 per 100 bucks ). Backlog of zen is in the billions IIRC. If done daily ( as it should have been done ) then knox stood potentially ( results may be different but feeding the rich folks to be BiS this should be atleast close ) then by the date of 21st, you are looking at 11 days. 2.2 million zen being removed from the backlog. This is just for one companion. Any BiS companions, items, etc. and auctioned in this manner would multiply the zen removal rate from the backlog.
    This is all assuming done on a daily basis. Every day that it is not done like this is an admission by Cryptic that I am correct. Release of future companions similar to Knox, items that are start being done via the Knox way that cryptic did multiplies how much I am correct. Eventually, this is gonna go from millions of zen to billions territory and therefore going from a multi-thousand dollar decision to multi-million dollar decision that is being missed out on.

So Cryptic can certainly come up with ideas that can take bring in the $$$. Execution of them however is lacking and not listening to the player base affects $$$ coming in.

What are you talking about?? They have sold 2 so far, the 2nd went for over 40 million. A new one will be listed tomorrow. You need to pay more attention to what's going on.
    kuI2v8l.png

I'm a ps4 player so I have to go by comments of PC section. If they are indeed selling then 'every 5 days' then it is still an acknowlegement that it should be done daily to get more AD out of the system.

My apologies for assumption of selling it only once.

It is one per week so far. Post on Monday. Transaction done on Friday.