test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    It seems like there should be a random q list for every item level of dungeon. That seems to be about the only way to ensure that people are able to get the daily ad for content that they're able to run.

That might mean adjusting the item level requirements for some dungeons (i'm not sure haven't paid attention to that in a long time), but it just makes the most sense.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

It seems like there should be a random q list for every item level of dungeon. That seems to be about the only way to ensure that people are able to get the daily ad for content that they're able to run.

That might mean adjusting the item level requirements for some dungeons (i'm not sure haven't paid attention to that in a long time), but it just makes the most sense.

No, actually what makes the most sense is to not remove our current method earning AD and add extra incentives to gain an extra 10k per day by doing their random queue stuff.

And of course, not having this ridiculous leaver penalty. If someone starts insulting other players in a run but he has a friend there to hit the "no" button on a votekick, why should I get a 30 min ban for leaving?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

@asterdahl Can we get a Dev in here to just answer the question of:

If we DONT use the random queue, will we still get the regular dungeon/skirmish AD, or is that now only available in the random queue.

^ This...

One answer from a dev somewhere kinda dodged answering it, but I just want to know if I can take (one of) my lvl 70 alt GF, run Cloak Tower (and in mod 12 all alone) and get the "normal" RAD reward?
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I love the idea of random queues, but I don't want to see leaver's penalty brought back. For example, if someone's computer crashes or their internet cuts just for a little bit, they get replaced by the queue and end up with a 30-minute penalty. That's not cool at all. We don't need to punish people for failures.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    If all the bonuses and stuff from "Random Queues" are just added to the current system, then it's a great idea, anything else is just disastrous...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Any chance of a dev reply before the weekend?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    With the role bonus it would be nice if Temptation SW actually counted for as a healer, though it might get left outside the role system as usual :P
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

chemjeff said:

Moreover, you're forcing us to work together with complete strangers to earn AD from dungeons.

This is a misconception, and I for one would appreciate if people didn't continue hitting on it as a talking point because it's drawing attention away from the real issues.
    Well I apologize for the misconception but I think the other points still stand.
  • bedlamensues#9562 bedlamensues Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    grrouper said:

Also now if we do not choose the dungeon there is a very good chance we wont have the KEY needed to open chest unless oh wait thats right we have to Pay to Win the dungeon rewards now even more :s

Except that it appears they rolled back the RNG on the chests to pre-key gate levels cause I dont get anything worth a damn from the chests anymore. So it is more like Pay to Lose with the dungeon rewards and that is a good way to lose userbase. Lost userbase is a negative feedback loop which ultimately destroys the game.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    chemjeff said:

chemjeff said:

Moreover, you're forcing us to work together with complete strangers to earn AD from dungeons

This is a misconception, and I for one would appreciate if people didn't continue hitting on it as a talking point because it's drawing attention away from the real issues.
    Well I apologize for the misconception but I think the other points still stand.
    They do, which is why I only emphasized the one point, but I am serious that the devs sometimes end up choosing to spend their forum time on re-explaining some item that players are only misinterpreting, while not replying to a whole bunch of other points that are just left open.

Players taking "random queue" to also mean "random party" is one that appears to pose a really high risk of this occurring.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aerthyn71aerthyn71 Member Posts: 12 Arc User

chemjeff said:

Moreover, you're forcing us to work together with complete strangers to earn AD from dungeons.

I think this in fact core to the major distaste that we are feeling with this proposed change. We will be publicly queueing to be put in a RANDOM group of people for some RANDOM Dungeon/skirmish which we may or may not have a key for. Rather than choose to run with friends/guild members - we can off-course go private and run but with no AD reward as is currently stands and proposed - only salvage off course.

I do like the concept and would be good to see more content run - there is always ways to make AD from nearly all the content you just need to find it. Selling Fomorian concoction from Sharandar etc but to totally remove AD from everything other than this pug scenario for dungeons and skirmishes is ridiculous. Off to find some mouth wash.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    aerthyn71 said:

chemjeff said:

I think this in fact core to the major distaste that we are feeling with this proposed change. We will be publicly queueing to be put in a RANDOM group of people for some RANDOM Dungeon/skirmish which we may or may not have a key for. Rather than choose to run with friends/guild members - we can off-course go private and run but with no AD reward as is currently stands and proposed - only salvage off course.

I do like the concept and would be good to see more content run - there is always ways to make AD from nearly all the content you just need to find it. Selling Fomorian concoction from Sharandar etc but to totally remove AD from everything other than this pug scenario for dungeons and skirmishes is ridiculous. Off to find some mouth wash.
    Let's try this again... Please stop saying that this change will force you to run with strangers: It will not force you to run with strangers. Full stop.

You can put together a party (with your friends) and then select a random queue that you all qualify for. Then you will all go to that random queue together. The content you get will be random, but the people will not be strangers.

Becky's point is that if people keep bringing up this misconception, then the devs and CM will spend time reexplaining this point instead of addressing more pressing concerns.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    --
    aerthyn71 said:

chemjeff said:

You are quoting Becky who is telling us that: you will not be forced to put in a RANDOM group. "Being forced to be in a random group" is the misconception she was talking about.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    aerthyn71 said:

chemjeff said:

You've made the same mistake Becky was talking about. Nothing stops you from forming a party with all your friends, then queueing AS A GROUP for "a dungeon at random" and receiving AD and seals. You don't have to queue solo for this. However, you can't form "a group for ECC" without forfeiting all your AD and seals.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The problem isn't the random group - the problem is:
    -having to have everything unlocked to queue up for dungeons in that queue.
    -dungeons are still broken and you have to private queue (FBI)
    -must have the 1-1-3 group to use this setup
    -lowbies can't get AD from dungeons/skirmishes if they haven't unlocked ALL of the things
    -the leaver penalty if the group cant complete it
    -no hero loot - you don't get AD for going in to save a crew
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    So let me get this straight.

If I have my full party eligible for content and I make a private que, I will not receive bonus seals cache and AD bonuses anymore?
    Only If I go to random with my full party?

Come on guys. That must be a big misunderstanding on my part. I will get all the bonuses I could get from random if I have a full,
    private que?
    Right?
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I bet money the dev may revert this some as they did bondings....I'm not sure where the ideas of these changes came from, but I'd rather see what's actually broke or needs a touch up handled first...

And why don't you guys post these changes as ideas then edit it as the players want then put it on preview? Instead of going through with it and changing it 5 mods later or a couple hours later like bondings lmao

And lets get some pvp changes :smiley:
  • patruciuspatrucius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus here.

While I'm ambivalent towards the concept of random queues, the goals of reducing burnout and increasing variety are laudable ones. However, I feel that perhaps the stated plan here might not be the best way to achieve those goals. Players tend to like being able to choose the content that they run, and in most games, tend to shy away from queues and playlists similar to the concept of the random queues laid out in this thread. For example, the "Grab Bag" and "Action Sack" playlists have consistently been the least populated playlists in Halos 3, Reach, 4, and 5. Those playlists were the closest thing in the Halo games to the proposed random queues, featuring random maps and random gametypes.

Adding AD to trials such as eDemo and MSVA is a wonderful and much appreciated change. Reducing the freedoms that players currently have in how they earn their daily AD is a significantly less welcome change. Furthermore, reducing the amount of AD that a new player can earn just seems cruel, the grind is already real enough for someone just starting out without massively nerfing their AD income. In the current system a new player can earn upwards of 16,000 Astral Diamonds (including the bonus AD from invoking) from the daily bonus, by running 2 dungeons and 2 skirmishes. In the proposed system, a player can only earn 10,000 AD per day, without being 11k item level and having the endgame dungeons unlocked, which is a reduction of 37.5%, making it even harder for newer players to gear up and run the harder content. I left PvP out of my previous analogy because the time it takes for a queue to pop makes me suspect that the majority of players don’t run PvP, even to get the daily AD from it, and for new players especially, getting AD from a match is far from guaranteed.

Would it be possible to leave the current daily AD bonuses as they are, while adding a (likely reduced from the proposed values) random queue bonus on top? That way, players would get the best of both worlds, players can still queue for the content of their choice and earn AD to help with their progression, or they can sign up for a random queue (and thus help fill those slower popping queues) for a nice additional bonus.

On the subject of leaver penalties, it is unlikely that their reintroduction will have the desired effect. Players aren’t generally looking for the most difficult runs and group compositions that they can find, and so to avoid wasting time players will often leave a queued instance that they don’t like the look of. If instituted, leaver penalties would significantly increase the instances of lower item level and/or suboptimally built players being kicked at the beginning of runs. In the current system, kicking is fairly rare because players often find it faster (and much less rude) to simply leave a run, but if they were penalized for doing so, kicking would become the norm again. And simply disabling the option to kick players from runs in the new system wouldn’t fix the problem, as players would just turn to even less savory methods to get their way; such as refusing to help in the run/AFKing, or even harassing other players through voice/text chat in an attempt to make them leave.

Now that I’ve discussed what I feel are the negative aspects of the proposed changes, let’s move on to the positives!

The bonus seals proposed in the new system are a net positive and a great idea, although It might be nice to see a (perhaps smaller) bonus applied to non-random queues as well.

The role bonus is also a brilliant idea, although again, it would be nice to see it implemented in individual queues as well, possibly paying out a slightly lower rate.

The new player bonus is another great addition, and it sounds like it might apply to non-random queues as well as random ones? If so, that makes it even better :)
  • aerthyn71aerthyn71 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Thanks for the clarification - this is way more palatable than the scenarios I was envisioning and truth took literally from the proposal.

So the only real thing is you are forced to work with are within the confines of the requirements for said dungeon/skirmish 1 Healer/1 Tank/ 3 DPS - workable with friends/guild members.

It will make us work more collaboratively as a guild/alliance to achieve this which is always good. There are huge flaws/details that need to be ironed out but hey ho - its like everything with change.

• zhaker#4665 zhaker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sorry Random queue daily sounds silly and the removal on Bonus AD to be only on the random queue to force us to do this is annoying.

YES I do want the bonus AD.
    NO I do not want to group with random ppl that arent properly gear to tackle the challenges ahead. Takes too long and is painful.

If you want more ppl to do a varied set of dungeons instead of this random queue.

Its quite simple.

Give appropriate rewards, instead of rank 5's in FBI give rank 8's for completing a freaking hard dungeon.

MSP should also give rank 8's as well and a chance for better loot. Currently after 1000 runs of FBI I get 99% HAMSTER gear and not motivated to help anyone but my guild to compelte it to do MSVA.

MSVA also sucks, the rewards using the keys dont add up, especially the Elk Barbarians that need 5000 fishes to get something that is most like runestones that I DONT need.

Otherwise if the rewards arent just ppl will just run ETOS to get the quickest buck. You need to adjust the dungeons first with better rewards, and not bother with Random queues till you make it all fair.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    lowjohn said:

aerthyn71 said:

chemjeff said:

You've made the same mistake Becky was talking about. Nothing stops you from forming a party with all your friends, then queueing AS A GROUP for "a dungeon at random" and receiving AD and seals. You don't have to queue solo for this. However, you can't form "a group for ECC" without forfeiting all your AD and seals.
    Except annoying issue and that the public requirements are forced. Must have 1 healer, 1 Tank, 3 DPS per 5 people.

And the worst issue, that you need to unlock FBI to maybe do VT.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited September 2017

So let me get this straight.

If I have my full party eligible for content and I make a private que, I will not receive bonus seals cache and AD bonuses anymore?
    Only If I go to random with my full party?

Come on guys. That must be a big misunderstanding on my part. I will get all the bonuses I could get from random if I have a full,
    private que?
    Right?

In this proposal, you can form your party and you can only get AD if

your group can do random queue AND
    you choose random queue (which gives you a random dungeon) AND
    you need to complete it.

That is why I said this is worse than the bonding issue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I have run ... oh 5000 elols and oh.. 5000 etos (not hyperbole.. ten a day times 7 days a week x 365.. for like the last 3 years.. I have done thousands of ndemos with this.. thousands..

I hadnt burnt out doing that.. i did them to get items, so I can run other stuff... they were the best way to achieve a goal, now you want to strip away the ability to do this, so I can spend half the time, making half the ad..

then when I get stuff so I can run the msva/fbi/tongs.. and make a actual party that can actually clear it, in a said actual functional timeframe (you know less then a hour) , you will slap a penalty on the players for going private..

So you wipe away choice, you install rng, you wipe away ability to earn AD, unless you finish campaigns (making your stupid game EVEN less alt friendly then it already is.. LESS...LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If I hadnt burnt out doing this.. why do you think Im going to get burnt out?

I ran plenty of other things (hundreds of cns, about a hundred fbi/msva ect..) did enough edemos to get 6 twisted sets + hundreds of tiamats.

REMOVE your inane penalty and make it so people can just do random, when they want to.. for a incentive.

you guys.. shakes head at the stubbornness and ill conceived thoughts this brought about.
This discussion has been closed.