test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I just hope that once these guys get done with their cake-walk dungeon of the day so they can get their RAD, as silly as it is, they form up groups to run on-level content of their own choosing instead of mistakenly thinking they are only qualified for leveling dungeons... It seems pretty clear in this thread that despite repeatedly correcting this misunderstanding, it persists

I do remember as a new player being intimidated by all the things I didn't know about the game, and I made a ton of mistakes because I just didn't understand what to do and did what I could figure out as best as I could

I work with new players all the time, and its very common for them to have wasted their additional loadout just because the popup is right there, every day, staring you in the face, begging you to use it... which is unfortunate because it would have been great for them to have what is essentially a free respec once they turned 70

If they actually found out they could buy a free respec from Sybella, they probably burned that one, too

I see a lot of Catalog Artifacts on people, which is sad

Lots of AD, Gold, time and Zen wasted on misunderstandings, PMDs, bad wording and unintuitive designs

So, yeah, I think this thread proves there will be a LOT of people that think they are restricted from running Malabog until they finish SKT... but, don't worry @asterdahl we will try our best to help them through :/

PS: Sorry I don't mean to sound like I'm personally attacking you... I know you are doing your job and I believe you have the best of intentions... Deep in my heart, I'm just a hamster :smiley:
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

mmos are a time rich game. sry it takes a while to become top dog

I am not asking to be top dog right away, I am just aware the importance AD plays in the slow long clime. What I am feeling is that they have removed the opportunity to be on the long slow clime much farther away is all.

To be clear, yes I realize it takes a lot of time and effort, I just see the requirements becoming even harder. But we shall see, maybe I am wrong and as Plasticbat is saying I will find a way somehow to make it.

• Options
    edited October 2017

I know. New players have problem to do RQ Epic dungeon. That is why I keep on saying if you want AD (the same amount of AD), do RQ level dungeon. Spend 10 minutes (yes, it is a boring 10 minutes) to get the daily AD. Then, do whatever else you want. The bottom line is: if you want to spend that 10 minutes. The whole argument is basically about if one wants to waste that 10 minutes to earn AD.

The only time I have had a run take 10 minutes is when I have been paired up with two 70+ players who ran through and melted everything in their path and all I had to do was run to keep up with them.

But in the end, your point is made, I need to spend the time dragging my butt through the dungeon chasing the 70+ guys so I can have some RAD and then build myself up running the dungeons with friends later as a selected queue.
  • Options
    After reading 39 pages I will say I am not clear how this change is going to make my game experience better, but I am also very clear I do not have a choice here. They will do what ever they want to do with their game and my only choice is try and figure out how to work with the changes. I am sure I will figure out how to deal with the new paradigm, I am just concerned.
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Forcing players to run content that is not of their choosing to earn the AD they need is just a really bad idea. It doesn't matter if the dungeons are leveling or epic, players of all levels get enjoyment from playing the content of their choice. @asterdahl has repeatedly emphasised the 'tremendous quality of life improvements' being introduced in Mod12B, forcing players to run content not of their choosing makes a nonsense of any suggestion of introducing quality of life improvements. Using a methodology that effectively forces players to do things they do not want to do is the exact opposite of a quality of life improvement.
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree with you. That is why I keep on saying I am not going to do RQ.
    >
    > However, for the new players who do not have any good gear and what they capable of doing is to earn AD from RQ level dungeon. I don't see that is a problem for new players to do RQ level dungeon. They can't jump to Epic dungeon without gear to begin with.
    >
    > I recommended Chult gears which are inexpensive in AH. Fresh level 70 players needs AD to buy Chult gears. Doing RQ Level dungeon is not the end of the world for them.

I get it. The level 70 people can run 1 level 56 dungeon over and over every day until they finish SKT and are 11k.

You may not care about new players, but I actually like other people to play with in an MMO.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited October 2017

> @plasticbat said:

> Forcing players to run content that is not of their choosing to earn the AD they need is just a really bad idea. It doesn't matter if the dungeons are leveling or epic, players of all levels get enjoyment from playing the content of their choice. @asterdahl has repeatedly emphasised the 'tremendous quality of life improvements' being introduced in Mod12B, forcing players to run content not of their choosing makes a nonsense of any suggestion of introducing quality of life improvements. Using a methodology that effectively forces players to do things they do not want to do is the exact opposite of a quality of life improvement.

>

>

>

> I agree with you. That is why I keep on saying I am not going to do RQ.

>

> However, for the new players who do not have any good gear and what they capable of doing is to earn AD from RQ level dungeon. I don't see that is a problem for new players to do RQ level dungeon. They can't jump to Epic dungeon without gear to begin with.

>

> I recommended Chult gears which are inexpensive in AH. Fresh level 70 players needs AD to buy Chult gears. Doing RQ Level dungeon is not the end of the world for them.

I get it. The level 70 people can run 1 level 56 dungeon over and over every day until they finish SKT and are 11k.

You may not care about new players, but I actually like other people to play with in an MMO.

Actually, not one level 56 dungeon but one RQ level dungeon which can be a level 12 dungeon. It is up to the game to decide where you would be. Remember it is a random queue. :)
    And, they still can play whatever epic dungeon they can handle. They don't need to use RQ to play Epic dungeon.

Find 2 friends to do a 3 players RQ level dungeon to earn AD. After that, this party can find another 2 friends to play (say) eTOS.

In addition, my prediction (mentioned many pages before) is: nobody (or very little amount of people) will play RQ Epic dungeon.
    For those who are capable to run all Epic dungeon, they probably don't really care about earning those AD.
    These elite parties will probably just pick a Epic dungeon of their choice to farm whatever they really want to farm.
    If these elite players really want to get AD, they won't run RQ Epic dungeon (which can be hours).
    They will just do a quick 10 minutes RQ Epic dungeon and be done with it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

It'll be a random dungeon between level 12 and level 56. For good or for ill.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like you do get it... Run one low level Random Que dungeon to get the RAD, then run any dungeon you can get into, all with your friends if you want, or pug it
    You can still private or public que anything you want and get loot, rewards and salvage
    If you want to run a bunch of low level Random Que dungeons to make some extra RAD, you can do that too
  • Options
    > @preechr#2215 said:
    > Doesn't sound like you do get it... Run one low level Random Que dungeon to get the RAD, then run any dungeon you can get into, all with your friends if you want, or pug it
    > You can still private or public que anything you want and get loot, rewards and salvage
    > If you want to run a bunch of low level Random Que dungeons to make some extra RAD, you can do that too

You don't seem to understand or maybe you just don't care. Casual people (which are the only people affected by this) now have their Eric dungeon RAD taken away from them. They get to play the same q over and over again to get RAD for what? 6 months? A year? Not sure how long it takes to finish SKT for a 1-2 hour person. That becomes their way of earning RAD unless they forgo advancing in a campaign and run an epic dungeon or epic skirmish for salvage, which in the end only makes their SKT grind even longer. This becomes the whole game for them until SKT is finished and by then I'm sure T9G will be in the Q so then they also have to finish Chult. Never ending low level dungeon Qs seemingly forever. How long do you think they stick around?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

> @preechr#2215 said:

> Doesn't sound like you do get it... Run one low level Random Que dungeon to get the RAD, then run any dungeon you can get into, all with your friends if you want, or pug it

> You can still private or public que anything you want and get loot, rewards and salvage

> If you want to run a bunch of low level Random Que dungeons to make some extra RAD, you can do that too

You don't seem to understand or maybe you just don't care. Casual people (which are the only people affected by this) now have their Eric dungeon RAD taken away from them. They get to play the same q over and over again to get RAD for what? 6 months? A year? Not sure how long it takes to finish SKT for a 1-2 hour person. That becomes their way of earning RAD unless they forgo advancing in a campaign and run an epic dungeon or epic skirmish for salvage, which in the end only makes their SKT grind even longer. This becomes the whole game for them until SKT is finished and by then I'm sure T9G will be in the Q so then they also have to finish Chult. Never ending low level dungeon Qs seemingly forever. How long do you think they stick around?

A. Right now, they do 2 Epic dungeon of their choice to earn AD.
    B. In mod 12b, they do 1 RQ level dungeon to earn AD and one Epic dungeon of their choice (whatever they are playing today).
    It is not over and over again. They do 1 RQ level dungeon per day. Not more than once per day.

What is the difference between A and B? It is not the amount of AD.
    It is one Epic dungeon of their choice vs one random level dungeon per day.

Is this the whole point of the argument you want us to understand? One dungeon run difference per day. The one extra 10 minutes boring run.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > > @preechr#2215 said:
    >
    > > Doesn't sound like you do get it... Run one low level Random Que dungeon to get the RAD, then run any dungeon you can get into, all with your friends if you want, or pug it
    >
    > > You can still private or public que anything you want and get loot, rewards and salvage
    >
    > > If you want to run a bunch of low level Random Que dungeons to make some extra RAD, you can do that too
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't seem to understand or maybe you just don't care. Casual people (which are the only people affected by this) now have their Eric dungeon RAD taken away from them. They get to play the same q over and over again to get RAD for what? 6 months? A year? Not sure how long it takes to finish SKT for a 1-2 hour person. That becomes their way of earning RAD unless they forgo advancing in a campaign and run an epic dungeon or epic skirmish for salvage, which in the end only makes their SKT grind even longer. This becomes the whole game for them until SKT is finished and by then I'm sure T9G will be in the Q so then they also have to finish Chult. Never ending low level dungeon Qs seemingly forever. How long do you think they stick around?
    >
    > A. Right now, they do 2 Epic dungeon of their choice to earn AD.
    > B. In mod 12b, they do 1 RQ level dungeon to earn AD and one Epic dungeon of their choice (whatever they are playing today).
    > It is not over and over again. They do 1 RQ level dungeon per day. Not more than once per day.
    >
    > What is the difference between A and B? It is not the amount of AD.
    > It is one Epic dungeon of their choice vs one random level dungeon per day.
    >
    > Is this the whole point of the argument you want us to understand? One dungeon run difference per day. The one extra 10 minutes boring run.

So most of the game's players (this has been billed as a casual game from the start) will lose a dungeon worth of salvage every day and over 10% of their play time and you're ok with this?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

So most of the game's players (this has been billed as a casual game from the start) will lose a dungeon worth of salvage every day and over 10% of their play time and you're ok with this?

It is not about me okay or not. I just want to understand what your point is. I get it now. It is about that 10 minutes. For me, it was never a casual game since the first day I played it. However, my point of view does not matter.
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > So most of the game's players (this has been billed as a casual game from the start) will lose a dungeon worth of salvage every day and over 10% of their play time and you're ok with this?
    >
    > It is not about me okay or not. I just want to understand what your point is. I get it now. It is about that 10 minutes. For me, it was never a casual game since the first day I played it. However, my point of view does not matter.

And, obviously, it doesn't matter whether I'm ok with it or not, either... ;)

As I said, this doesn't affect my character, either, as, like you, this was never a casual game for me.

It's more than those 10 minutes for casuals, though. This random q is game changing. On top of the 10 minutes (which is a pretty big percentage of a casuals time) they're losing a dungeon worth of salvage. On top of this, players like you and I will be taking in more RAD than ever and the gap between us and the casual player is going to keep getting bigger with each new mod that puts up another wall for them. Add in the probability that with our extra time and RAD that we create new characters to salvage on and inflation will kick in, lowering the value of a casual players already diminished AD.

My biggest problem with this whole thing is that all of the money, talent and time spent on this system could have been used to actually fix whatever problem they thought was there rather than creating new problems by forcing people to run dungeons that they have no interest in running.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    What I don’t understand is why a player would want others not to be able to get Bonus AD, Seals, Dungeon shards and gear for investing their time in a dungeon.

It’s a matter of moving the break point for the dungeons. Moving it to match the current division of content.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options

What I don’t understand is why a player would want others not to be able to get Bonus AD, Seals, Dungeon shards and gear for investing their time in a dungeon.

It’s a matter of moving the break point for the dungeons. Moving it to match the current division of content.

Nobody is defending the RQ system as it is currently configured... except maybe Trinity... the other players here are trying to make sure people understand how these changes will actually affect them, because the new RQ system seems to be creating a ton of confusion

• Options
    edited October 2017
    > @obsidiancran3 said:
    > What I don’t understand is why a player would want others not to be able to get Bonus AD, Seals, Dungeon shards and gear for investing their time in a dungeon.
    >
    > It’s a matter of moving the break point for the dungeons. Moving it to match the current division of content.

Plastic wasn't defending the new system, we were just miscommunicating. ;)

Since the devs could care less what we think and we seem to be at a "well we spent all of this money and time creating this system so we ARE going to use it no matter what the players say" point, they should absolutely move FBI + into it's own q and the new skirmish into the Hero q. At least that way new/casual players could get into the epic and skirmish Qs and not lose a ton of AD.

ETA - Do we know if Kessels and Tuern are 'fixed' and in the skirmish Q?
  • Options
    Does not look like it
    Haven't gotten an official response

asterdahl said:

lowjohn said:

Wait, wait, now L70s can't get Dungeon Shards *at all* without being 11K and unlocking FBI and MSP and queueing random for them?

This is not the case, as I indicated in my original post on the topic, players level 70 and above will have a Random Epic Dungeon and Random Skirmish. So even if you don't yet qualify for Fangbreaker or Master Spellplague, you'll be able to complete the Skirmish daily and receive the same rewards as you would have received for a daily epic dungeon in the old system.
    @asterdahl Which skirmishes?
    Are we still talking only about Master of the Hunt, Dread Legion, Prophecy of Madness, Throne of the Dwarven Gods and Illusionist's Gambit (Master)?
    I think the answer is yes plus a new skirmish from mod 12b called the Merchant Prince's Folly or something like that. I have not run it yet, but I hear the new skirmish is item score gated at 10k.
  • Options

actually a lot of us veterns are kina poed, you can farm master of the hunt, or dread legion and get epic companions , artifacts. that we worked so hard for.

Sorry, but this just sounds like me talking to my son... "When I was your age we didn't have the internet games or cell phones or many other fun things like you have now. We had to read books and play outside." LOL

Sorry, I just had to laugh being the person who is normally on the other side of this conversation.

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Do I like the changes? No. Will it be easier/ faster, to get the RAD? Yes, if you run the unepic dungeon RQ? Will it be boring? YES, but how do you think all this BIS players and whales did get their AD? They either did spent a ton of cash or they did "drumrolls" boring stuff multiple times, to earn ADs.

It is easier and cheaper, to get to a certain IL, to run content now. It is more expensive and more grind, to get BIS gear, bc BIS is R14, companions, mounts, insignia, boons etc now. Fun fact, everyone with BIS gear did the same grind before and they had to spent even MORE time and ADs, to get there, bc they upgraded their enchants at a time, when they had to spent more ADs for RPs wards etc.

I am aware, that there were exploits, to get AD and that you were able to grind AD via leadership, but no one should/ would want another exploit and if you complain about boring grind, try running a leadership army.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Private queue must be paid.

For the convenience you need to pay. This is normal.

100 passages = 1000 Zen. Fair price
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017

People are going to hate that suggestion, but it's not the worst idea...so long as
    1. You can get your 'daily private queue key' in PE alongside the daily dungeon key
    2. VIP comes with 1/2/3/4/5 daily private-queue keys.

...and you should probably be able to buy them directly with AD, like epic dungeon keys.
    Talk about seeing the party leaders get really picky in PE, though. Everything would become '15k+ pls'.

I mean, if you really want to funnel players into RQ...
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Sorry, what is the reason people here complains about the new RQ when they can always do normal (private) queue?
    Answer: RQ will give bonus AD and normal (private) queue will not. The only factor here is about AD earning.

Suggesting paying to join normal (private) queue so that you can get AD? Huh!?

Are you trying to make it worse than the RQ system so that the RQ system can look good?
  • Options
    fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User

Sorry, what is the reason people here complains about the new RQ when they can always do normal (private) queue?
    Answer: RQ will give bonus AD and normal (private) queue will not. The only factor here is about AD earning.

Suggesting paying to join normal (private) queue so that you can get AD? Huh!?

Are you trying to make it worse than the RQ system so that the RQ system can look good?
    Rather, the fight against the tyranny of support classes.
  • Options
    You have to RQ any time you switch zones in order to get where you want to go, but if you dont qualify for epic RQ, you can skirmish RQ
This discussion has been closed.