test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you want Strongholds to receive a 5th Boon Structure slot?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    micky1p00 said:

pterias said:

niadan said:

By using an LS boon, I do not need to build LS on my character. By using the Power boon, I can cap my crit more easily. Others may want to do something similar with an HP or Defense boon. That is what leads to build diversity. The Choice of SH boons aids in optimization of builds. Why is that a negative?

Your SH boons already give you more build optimization than everyone else in the entire game. So of course you should get more options while everyone else gets nothing.

#GH20_problems
    Everyone else who?
    I guess everyone who has decided to not look into guilds that are the next best thing to not being in a guild. (The boons are slow coming when you don't have much driving force behind them, but that's your tradeoff. #notanadvert )

We have all seen guilds kicked from an alliance for even stupider reasons than this. There are absolutely alliances that will make the "wrong" choice an excuse.

But then, who'd want to be in them?

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    I believe those that are not in favor of another boon plot would be more so inclined if they got what they want in return....lower SH costs.
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    I voted yes though im not sure why would people vote no actually? If they dont want another plot structure... then they dont have to build it right?
    "You guys have already everything you dont need MOAR". What kind of reasoning is that? Is there a limit i dont know about?
    Are the guilds that want new plot taking anything away from others? I dont think so. Is it going to be detrimental to the game? I dont think so. I met many players not from lvl20 GH + 8k all boons that just do pve content more than fingers in the noise (hm sorry, easy pie should I say) because they know how to play. So whats the problem? Explorer's guild structure then maybe... Everybody has access to it through alt guild/alliance already, its not longer an exclusivity. So what? Explain the issue because i do not see it really and i went through all the posts here and all i saw was some people that cant reach lvl 20 because of xyz reasons, or some with fake reason like pvp (with bots maybe, do bots have pvp boons??? sorry, sarcasm)

To me its just a way to have HP boon whenever i run with an OP on my dps toons :D then swap to LS or Def when there's no OP... Something convenient that i would ''happily" grind for...
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Not at all, we're good with what we got.
    I voted no Big guilds are already getting to much. Esp. with the masive boost they are getting next week and the enormous hit small guilds are getting. Small guilds need help before they look at big guilds again
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    mynaam said:

I voted no Big guilds are already getting to much.

I'm not exactly sure where 'Big Guilds are already getting to much.' comment is directed at honestly... Any 'Big Guild' worked their butts off to farm the necessary resources to get it done. Also, to be clear, this isn't a request for just 'Big Guild', as I'd want this available for ALL Guilds. If I didn't make that clear, or insinuated otherwise in the OP, you have my apologies! :smile:
    mynaam said:

Esp. with the masive boost they are getting next week and the enormous hit small guilds are getting.

What massive boost are 'Big Guilds' getting next week? And I actually think Small Guilds are going to be helped out also in Mod 11.5, particularly since the Devs recently lowered the requirements/costs for some structures. Info for that can be found on page 2 of this thread HERE.
    mynaam said:

Small guilds need help before they look at big guilds again

I mean the Devs are aware, and doing that, as the above link shows...

Hope that helps alleviate some of your worries! :wink:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    mynaam said:

I voted no Big guilds are already getting to much. Esp. with the masive boost they are getting next week and the enormous hit small guilds are getting. Small guilds need help before they look at big guilds again

Actually non-finished guilds can gain the most of this. Depending of how the unlock is done. Right now to progress you must build useless buildings just to meet the GH upgrade requirements. If a boon plot unlocks early enough you can opt to make only boon buildings and thus not waste materials on buildings that give you nothing.

In essence redirecting the materials to the new boon and gain it for 'free' (it will probably need influence, while the fillers are picked without, but still the shards and currencies are nothing to ignore).

While a SH20 guild already built the filler support structures, that can't be reclaimed, and will need to put additional for the boon plot.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Meh. Doeasn't really matter to me...
    I am ambivalent about this proposed change.

On one hand, I can understand people wanting more diversity of choices.

On the other hand, I understand the argument for a guild having to make some choices along the way, that a given stronghold can't be all things to all people.

We have to make choices in all aspects of the game in what we can or cannot do. I don't have a good reason why the stronghold should be any different.

I am also not as well versed in the details of the stronghold development mechanics. If this change is approved, for guilds who are not yet at max level, would they have to work even longer than they would have to now in order to have a completely maxed-out stronghold? If so, then I can see how this type of change might lead to some resentment.
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    chemjeff said:

We have to make choices in all aspects of the game in what we can or cannot do. I don't have a good reason why the stronghold should be any different.

Personally I am really looking forward to the choice of what Loadout I want to use for a given situation/dungeon/boss. Since I'll be able to completely change specs/paragon path/boons by standing at a Campfire, I think that will add a lot of fun/diversity to the game in Party composition, etc. :)
    chemjeff said:

I am also not as well versed in the details of the stronghold development mechanics. If this change is approved, for guilds who are not yet at max level, would they have to work even longer than they would have to now in order to have a completely maxed-out stronghold? If so, then I can see how this type of change might lead to some resentment.

My intention with the post/idea, and hope, would be the Devs would simply add this into the Strongholds as is and not change any Stronghold Leveling Up requirements w/incorporating a 5th Boon Plot!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    @kolatmaster

The Choice that Loadouts bring to the table should make the Choice to add boon Plot(s) a wise Choice by the Devs to bring more Choice to players. Still have not heard a reasonable argument against this non game balance affecting Choice.

Sry I could not resist.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Another alternative is to allow people to make up extra boons on their own. It would functionally be just like guilds getting an extra boon plot while simultaneously throwing active players in small/no guilds a chance to not be left in the dust.

Win-win.
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    After completing 11b and playing with loadouts, it is quite evident that there is a need for this.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Meh. Doeasn't really matter to me...
    Would this extra boon plot be an extension of the progression that already exists for the stronghold? Or would it be a substitute for some other feature of the stronghold?
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    @nitocris83

With Mod 12 being announced, I wanted to bump this QoL improvement for Guilds and see if there has been any behind the scenes discussion about it! :smile:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Yes Yes Yes

Especially now that players have been able to play around with Loadouts, and the new Masterwork Temp Structures. Either give us a 5th Boon Structure, or allow everyone to have 4 + Explorer's Guild.

Yes I realize that 4+1=5, but we know not everything adds up in this game (i.e. tooltips). Just poking you devs!
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    The power divide is far too large. I don't support adding new sources of power before reconsidering the power gap along the spectrum of fresh, guildless 70 to BIS player in a SH 20 guild. Even then, games are more interesting when you have to make choices rather than having it all.

The original design goal is there to force choice rather than letting guilds get the best of all worlds. That design goal continues to make sense, even if specific elements of the design could use some revision.

I do agree that the barracks shouldn't be only obtainable through PVP.

The ability to switch one boon structure for another at a reduced cost would be welcome, e.g. if a guild plans poorly or the game meta changes.

If you want boon choice for players as the helm and swords reach 20, coordinate so that different guilds have different boons and allow your players to move to the one that best suits their playstyle. This opens up factors that the alliance has to balance (do I allow different toons from the same account in different guilds, knowing that it will take up an account slot in each guild? Do we require guild loyalty or want to help players optimize? ).

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

The power divide is far too large.

I don't see this as an issue of 'power divide' at all, it's simply adding choice for the playbase IMO.

The original design goal is there to force choice rather than letting guilds get the best of all worlds.
    That design goal continues to make sense, even if specific elements of the design could use some revision.

After over a year and a half, I feel this is one of the areas that could use revision... But we'll just agree to disagree about it then!

The ability to switch one boon structure for another at a reduced cost would be welcome, e.g. if a guild plans poorly or the game meta changes.

Heck, at the very least this would be nice... :)

If you want boon choice for players as the helm and swords reach 20, coordinate so that different guilds have different boons and allow your players to move to the one that best suits their playstyle. This opens up factors that the alliance has to balance (do I allow different toons from the same account in different guilds, knowing that it will take up an account slot in each guild? Do we require guild loyalty or want to help players optimize? ).

Choosing a Guild shouldnt be about what 'in game bonus' they can provide for a player, and limiting the Boon Structures available to a Guild does create conflict at times. Choosing a Guild should be about the community of people that form the Guild and the style in which they operate.

Of course, it's not a perfect world, and people will decide on what Guild they want to be in for any number of reasons... I'm simply saying I believe that allowing Guilds to have all the available Boon Structures (after having them built up of course!) would be good for the game in a Quality of Life sense of things. :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Choosing a Guild shouldnt be about what 'in game bonus' they can provide for a player, and limiting the Boon Structures available to a Guild does create conflict at times. Choosing a Guild should be about the community of people that form the Guild and the style in which they operate.

Totally agree, a bonus to character power based on guild affiliation works counter to community (especially as significant as the guild boons currently are). If GH 20 can unlock every possible boon, each member toon gets not only a powerful bonus, but the specific powerful bonus that suits that toon at that point in time. No trade-offs.

If the character power bonus from guild boons were reduced to where it's nice-to-have (and perhaps new QoL bonuses are added as "compensation" for the reduced boons), I would be less concerned about unlocking them all.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    well since the poll is disabled....
    new blood?
    I'll offer an opinion.
    So you really didn't want a poll, you wanted what's called a push poll. I.E. something you can use to point at to support and further what you desired to happen all along.
    It's a old trick, political groups pay and fund "surveys" that ask the same question 5 different ways to confuse the questioned. Then the group compiles the ones that support what they wanted all along, and toss the other data out. 'Look Senator Smith! The people really do want you to raise their taxes by +135% to let government funding to promote child HAMSTER and they also support random euthenasia too!"

So my vote is....
    No not at all. Stop wasting development resources to continually tweek the ever failed SH mod. It was a poorly conceived load of hooey from day one, they have been "adjusting" it ever since. How about rather than waste time on SH, spend time actually adding BACK what was robbed in dungeon content. How about with new content instead of throwing a bunch of HE into a zone and calling it "content" you actually add content! and not just another daily/grind hub. How about add rewards that people want to go after in existing content..so that the content rot/gap don't widen even further between endgamers and new blood....

Anyway, just my opinion, poll that......
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

Totally agree, a bonus to character power based on guild affiliation works counter to community (especially as significant as the guild boons currently are). If GH 20 can unlock every possible boon, each member toon gets not only a powerful bonus, but the specific powerful bonus that suits that toon at that point in time. No trade-offs.

Which is exactly why I think the 'choice to be made', in the beginning the logic was plausible, but in practice I feel it has created more conflicts/trouble for the player base in general then 'benefits'.

If the character power bonus from guild boons were reduced to where it's nice-to-have (and perhaps new QoL bonuses are added as "compensation" for the reduced boons), I would be less concerned about unlocking them all.

That is a whole different topic, not saying that in a bad way, just the level of the Boons themselves. While I don't want to divert the conversation to that per say, I do understand your sentiments! :)

--------------------------
    matthattr said:

Had nothing to do with that personally, I believe that was on the Games/Forum side... Just to be clear!
    matthattr said:

I'll offer an opinion.
    So you really didn't want a poll, you wanted what's called a push poll. I.E. something you can use to point at to support and further what you desired to happen all along.
    It's a old trick, political groups pay and fund "surveys" that ask the same question 5 different ways to confuse the questioned. Then the group compiles the ones that support what they wanted all along, and toss the other data out. 'Look Senator Smith! The people really do want you to raise their taxes by +135% to let government funding to promote child HAMSTER and they also support random euthenasia too!"

The question itself, "Do you want Strongholds to receive a 5th Boon Structure slot? ", seems pretty darn straight forward. The question was asked one way, it was clear and direct. Maybe I'm wrong though?

And I'm not sure how the 'data' would be thrown out (or cut out) to support the way I personally voted as I'm in no way/shape/form the one to make an official decision on how the poll results will be utilized. That's on the Devs/NW itself really.

Thanks for the civics lesson though! :smiley:
    matthattr said:

So my vote is....
    No not at all.

matthattr said:

Stop wasting development resources to continually tweek the ever failed SH mod. It was a poorly conceived load of hooey from day one, they have been "adjusting" it ever since. How about rather than waste time on SH, spend time actually adding BACK what was robbed in dungeon content. How about with new content instead of throwing a bunch of HE into a zone and calling it "content" you actually add content! and not just another daily/grind hub. How about add rewards that people want to go after in existing content..so that the content rot/gap don't widen even further between endgamers and new blood....

Each of the points you raised above in the 'How about...' is a perfectly legitimate point to discuss with the Devs, so feel free to start a thread on whichever (or all!) that you'd like to draw attention to! This discussion was about the possibility of a 5th Boon Structure Plot, as the Poll question showed... ;)
    matthattr said:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

Which is exactly why I think the 'choice to be made', in the beginning the logic was plausible, but in practice I feel it has created more conflicts/trouble for the player base in general then 'benefits'.

That is a whole different topic, not saying that in a bad way, just the level of the Boons themselves. While I don't want to divert the conversation to that per say, I do understand your sentiments! :)

--------------------------
    matthattr said:

Had nothing to do with that personally, I believe that was on the Games/Forum side... Just to be clear!
    matthattr said:

I'll offer an opinion.

The question itself, "Do you want Strongholds to receive a 5th Boon Structure slot? ", seems pretty darn straight forward. The question was asked one way, it was clear and direct. Maybe I'm wrong though?

And I'm not sure how the 'data' would be thrown out (or cut out) to support the way I personally voted as I'm in no way/shape/form the one to make an official decision on how the poll results will be utilized. That's on the Devs/NW itself really.

Thanks for the civics lesson though! :smiley:
    matthattr said:

So my vote is....
    No not at all.

matthattr said:

Stop wasting development resources to continually tweek the ever failed SH mod. It was a poorly conceived load of hooey from day one, they have been "adjusting" it ever since. How about rather than waste time on SH, spend time actually adding BACK what was robbed in dungeon content. How about with new content instead of throwing a bunch of HE into a zone and calling it "content" you actually add content! and not just another daily/grind hub. How about add rewards that people want to go after in existing content..so that the content rot/gap don't widen even further between endgamers and new blood....

Each of the points you raised above in the 'How about...' is a perfectly legitimate point to discuss with the Devs, so feel free to start a thread on whichever (or all!) that you'd like to draw attention to! This discussion was about the possibility of a 5th Boon Structure Plot, as the Poll question showed... ;)
    matthattr said:

Yeah the problem is, he started two discussions about things he'd like to see. One had zero replies and the other had three. When faced with a lack of interest, he responded by jumping onto a popular thread and being a troll. Sometimes it's the only way a person can get attention :)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    we need all boons spots in sh(instead of making them guild boons, making them all alliance boons) so that devs can work on a neverwinter alliance "domination" map, were we could use sh siege pvp map for a weekly weekend alliance pvp match to see which alliance can control which areas and allowing player to pm pvp challenges, making sh siege drop best gear/weapons in game for both pvp/pve (all drops), and each time they need to add stronger weapons make some upg recipies to upg previous weapons gear were the principal ingredient is legendary weapon/epic gear. @nitocris83 can you try tell devs about this idea?
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I don't want another grind for resources so my Vote stands. It was a nightmare to get to rank 20 and then another nightmare to do the SKT dailies each day. I don't want to go back to that ever again. They would probably make Lonelywood dailies to be the primary source of all resources for a new boon structure.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    should add additional plot, but should also add additional structure. I would like to see a structure that adds the following boons

Demonic CC resistance (similar to demonic gear) that can be used while doing underdark campaigns. Would be major boon to newer players who don't have the specialized gear or ilvl yet

Everfrost Resist can be used while doing SOMI campaigns. Would be major boon to newer players who don't have the specialized gear or ilvl yet

Tenacity can be used while doing PVP campaigns. Would be major boon to newer players who don't have the specialized gear or ilvl yet. Since tenacity is subject to DR or a hard cap (i'm not sure which and have heard both, but I'd assume it's a DR if anything), would not make pvprs that much over powered but would give lowered geared folks a better chance to be competitive (the whole reason behind DR in the first place)

These three boons would help new players enjoy early neverwinter adventuring without breaking the game.
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    vida44 said:

I don't want another grind for resources so my Vote stands. It was a nightmare to get to rank 20 and then another nightmare to do the SKT dailies each day. I don't want to go back to that ever again. They would probably make Lonelywood dailies to be the primary source of all resources for a new boon structure.

by the time now you probably have sh storage full if im not mistaken, players keep doing donations to get gmarks it will never be a problem
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

vida44 said:

by the time now you probably have sh storage full if im not mistaken, players keep doing donations to get gmarks it will never be a problem
    No, our coffer is not full since we redirected donations to other guilds in the alliance as soon as we got everything we needed. And if they introduce a new Boon structure it will be with new currencies, not old ones. You can be sure of that.

We are in a good place with guild boons. And besides, one is not working (Mercenary Outpost - Crit Severity), Training Yard has nothing of that much interest compared to what other boons can provide, two you will build because they are too good to say no to (Stable and Barracks) and then you have Wizard's Workshop which is also a common choice (the HP pool it gives)

The only ones you actually choose from are Explorer's guild - If you want to make profit and probably the biggest reason most people here want another boon plot. Or Temple for those Lifesteal stats.
  • Options
    fontanaelunaefontanaelunae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    omg!
    this is a necro thread revival... didn't notice, but at least caught up with voting!
    :-))
  • Options
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    vida44 said:

arcanjo86 said:

vida44 said:

No, our coffer is not full since we redirected donations to other guilds in the alliance as soon as we got everything we needed. And if they introduce a new Boon structure it will be with new currencies, not old ones. You can be sure of that.

We are in a good place with guild boons. And besides, one is not working (Mercenary Outpost - Crit Severity), Training Yard has nothing of that much interest compared to what other boons can provide, two you will build because they are too good to say no to (Stable and Barracks) and then you have Wizard's Workshop which is also a common choice (the HP pool it gives)

The only ones you actually choose from are Explorer's guild - If you want to make profit and probably the biggest reason most people here want another boon plot. Or Temple for those Lifesteal stats.
    as a previous idea i had(posted here previously) to add all boons structures and make it alliance boons and player can decide which ones to use would make it easier , about explorer's boon, this way our main guild wouldn't need to make an alt guild just for the explorer's boon, making explorer boon available for all and profits for everyone (at their own time). etc...
  • Options
    matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Yeah the problem is, he started two discussions about things he'd like to see. One had zero replies and the other had three. When faced with a lack of interest, he responded by jumping onto a popular thread and being a troll. Sometimes it's the only way a person can get attention :)

Actually more like a orc ZUHG ZUG!

I'm more of a periodic poster. I hit the forums every week or so, post an idea or 3, comment on whatever threads are currently running or 3 then don't spend my life on the forums for a week or so....

As to if my ideas/threads get posters/viewers *shrug* who cares? It's a whim at the moment, I have a thought about, I post about it. If the idea don't take off pfft what of it? No I wasn't trolling *zuhg zug*, I was discussing....you know, what the thread path leader says.....Neverwinter Discussion (PC) > General Discussion (PC) opining. :)