Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter M11b General Feedback

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Bug? Masterwork

The various Tier III masterwork professions require 30 crafted resources to buy the recipes - 30 Oil of Vitriol for Alchemy, 30 Adamant Wire for Mailsmithing, 30 Gold Nuggets for Jewelcrafting and so on. Those are the lowest-ranked of the Alchemy Tier I recipes.

With one exception.

It says for Artificing that you need 30 Lacquered Ebony. I find this odd as that is a second-rank resource, and suspect someone made a mistake - to be on par with all the other professions, it should be 3 Dark Laquer.

Also, can you buy the Tier III recipes without having the Tier II ones? If so, that seems sort-of wrong to me.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Temporary SH Structures

Mysterious Merchant Gold cost should be reduced by at least 1000. The current price of 2000 Gold is pretty steep considering the merchant is there for a week and he generates random items. Unfortunately, I don't know if those items are rotated daily or they stick.

• Options
    @nitocris83 can you tell developers to open a separate feedback thread for SH related stuff.
  • Options

Is this an event that can be run for alliance participation or just within a guild?

I am almost 100% certain this is an alliance event. It is pretty much symmetrical to the DF event. It runs every 2 hours, just between the DF events. A NPC shows up on the bridge just outside the Eastern stronghold entrance, and you can talk to him to start the event. In one minute, good wagons will drop off crates at three locations around the stronghold (why they didn't just bring the goods intro the courtyard, well....). Shoftly after that waves of enemies will attack and carry off the goods if you cannot keep them away.

Kill the enemies, and they drop piles of stolen goods of different sizes, which you can return to the good pile between waves,

Also, there is at least one catapult that attacks the stronghold....better take that down fast.

As I said, I think this event has real potential.
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    adinosii said:

@nitocris83
    @mimicking#6533
    This is not Improvement of masterwork =( so sad. no new MW levels, no new MW cool items which are better that current...
    DO you plan to do this?

What about pvp and class balance?(i think this is more intresting that decoration things)

What on earth are you talking about? There is an entire new tier of Masterwork recipies, which allows people to basically make BiS items.....masterwork is (finally) relevant again.

Soryy. When I wrote this I have not seen new items, only new decoration things.

P.S.: anyway new tier of MW is so easy to obtain=(
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    New mastercraft recipes : my question is while most of the new recipres are unlocked with 30 one stage crafted items ie gold ore ,adamant bloom etc ,why does artifacing alone require 30 x 3 stage crafted items? Artifacing requires 30 x lacquered ebony ...which is made from 2 x dark laquer=240 resources from explorers maps compared to all the other proffesions that only require about 90 resources from explorers maps.OK so some of the other proffesion items are crafted using oil of vitriol but the base green vitriol doesnt come from explorers maps and is gained free via other proffesion tasks,others require shark oil but again that is purchased with guild marks and cheaper than explorers maps. Seems to me artifacing should in fact require 30 x dark lacquer to complete =120 resources (lacquer branch) from explorers maps,still more than all the other proffesions as dark lacquer requires 4 x lacquer branch compared to 3 resources required for gold nugget/adamant bloom etc.Changing artifacing to require 30 x dark lacquer instead of 30 lacquered ebony would bring it in line with the resource requirements for the other proffesions.
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I have a request to improve QOL on NW [and dunno if it's thr right place to do it, and I'm sorry if it isn't]: please, make a npc that can remove reinforce kits from armor/rings, or at least give us the option to do that! It's a huge investiment of time and AD [or only AD if you bought them from AH] and wasting it when new armor is acquired is just... stupid.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    vida44 said:

SH DONATIONS

Thank you for adding Seals of Triumph as a donating Currency for Conquerer Shards (Ratio 1:1). This will make life much easier. I do know it's still gated behind a PvP win, but at least now that daily win gives 70 for the coffer.
    But I do think this is a missed opportunity to expand on other currencies:
    Oh that's cool.

But still a load of absolute hamster that winning Black Ice Domination hasn't counted for daily Triumph since they made it automatic instead of having to pick up the quest every day.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    The campaign pack in the new lockbox is going to share the same fate of the Many-Starred Fashion Pack: utterly useless. It grants 15 reclaimed resources, a fraction of what you get just doing dailies. The resources are a weird choice anyway. They are not the bottleneck, Evidence of Evil and Magical Writings are depending on whether you look for campaign completion or the weapon set. Please do 50x resources each, 50 Abandoned Treasures, 5 EoE and 2 Writings.​​
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    +1000 makes perfect sense to allow maxed guilds to have more plots.
  • Options
    loboguild said:

The campaign pack in the new lockbox is going to share the same fate of the Many-Starred Fashion Pack: utterly useless. It grants 15 reclaimed resources, a fraction of what you get just doing dailies. The resources are a weird choice anyway. They are not the bottleneck, Evidence of Evil and Magical Writings are depending on whether you look for campaign completion or the weapon set. Please do 50x resources each, 50 Abandoned Treasures, 5 EoE and 2 Writings.​​

15 Reclaimed Resources is a horrible thing to get from a lockbox. Ouch.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

15 Reclaimed Resources is a horrible thing to get from a lockbox. Ouch.

Agreed. that's just an absurd reward ... borders on being insulting.

There is another, bigger issue. In the live event a while ago there were indications that something would be done to make leveling up a stronghold easier - in particular at the beginning and the end.

I am not seeing that - am I missing something?

I had for example hoped to see a reduction in the Gem cost for the various structures, as they are a real bottleneck for many guilds. The gem cost was reasonable when enchants dropped from resource nodes (which of course enabled the farm bots...eh, "low-cost alternative suppliers"), but when the supply was reduced, the Gem requirements stayed the same - I suggest a review of this issue - I personally think a 25% cut in Gems cost would be appropriate.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

SH DISPLAY ISSUES

This is when interacting with a temporary MW merchant.

This when viewing structure details

This is when opening Guild Management -> Stronghold Tab
    I cannot confirm if this is just a visual thing. But I know for a fact that destroying a building should be done much sooner. I clicked the destroy button 13 hours ago.

• Options
    DISCARD POP-UP:

I highly doubt people find this item as something special.

FYI: Transcended Feytouched Enchantment didn't have this window to pop-up.

P.S. Not sure if this is already on live since I'm seeing it for the first time.
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    I like what I've seen in the guild hall so far. Though it would be really cool if we could sit on all chairs, stools and sofa's in game. It would be a little weird to be able to sit JUST in the guild hall. Furthermore it would be awesome if we could place a statue of our own, or a guild member xD
  • Options
    edited March 2017

MW PROFFESIONS

I'm very very concerned about these crafting items. I don't have all the MW professions unlocked but I do know they are all somehow connected. So how often does this item drop? In what quantity? Is MW professions only for 3.1k+ (current system on live) people? Is there an alternative source of this item?

Used in Alchemy:

EDIT:
    Found one more
    Used in Weaponsmithing:

• Options
    vida44 said:

P.S. Not sure if this is already on live since I'm seeing it for the first time.

On live, you're allowed to discard your transcendent weapon enchant, but you are not allowed to discard those scrolls. The confirmation should also work for items like people's undiscardable greater bags that they paid for and are no longer permitted to even hand down to an alt, freeing up the inventory space they gave up in exchange for for the privilege of buying a larger bag to handle all the junk the game forces into your inventory.

(Would you like some salt with my salt?)

(They may apply this code to a wider spectrum of items now though, as they were pretty conservative with the "cannot discard" tag in the past. Discard with confirmation, they might be willing to use a lot more often.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    loboguild said:

The campaign pack in the new lockbox is going to share the same fate of the Many-Starred Fashion Pack: utterly useless. It grants 15 reclaimed resources, a fraction of what you get just doing dailies. ​​

That pack was cut from the lockbox and should not have appeared on the preview build. It was cut early on so the numbers and contents were never tweaked to be reasonable. We try to make sure that things that are outright cut like this don't make it onto the preview build so I apologize for any confusion that may have caused.
    vida44 said:

Is MW professions only for 3.1k+ (current system on live) people? Is there an alternative source of this item?

The requirement to participate in masterwork professions is still rank 25 in a given profession and that you meet the guild hall requirements to speak to The Artisan. As you can see from the tooltips you linked, those items are unbound, so of course you can acquire them from the auction house.

Masterwork professions are meant to be an endgame for professions, which absolutely includes participating in the auction house. We had originally wanted to have items that players could earn in dungeons feed into the masterwork system, but in our first pass, having worked on those recipes before strongholds even launched, we did not have enough data on market participation to take a reasonable stab at the proper drop rates for those items.

The intent is that these items will represent opportunities for players running endgame content to turn a profit selling them.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Well, these items will likely sell for tens of millions of AD. That will make the new MW weapons and gear pointless and unreasonable to get. I hope you remove these items, the expense of crafting resources is high enough.

While I won't specifically address drop rates, we have data on how often players run these pieces of content that informed those drop rates. We did not target "tens of millions of AD" for the value of these items to settle on. They may sell in the millions for the first few weeks but it's a supply and demand issue.

The items cannot maintain a value that makes them "pointless and unreasonable" to get, because if no one is buying, their price will fall. That being said, we will obviously be keeping an eye on the amount of these items in circulation versus those gathered from charts and if necessary, make adjustments as needed based on the demand from recipes.
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    vida44 said:

DISCARD POP-UP:

This was a feature added in to handle items that were previously not able to be discarded but where sometimes players wanted to get rid of those items, even if they'd paid for them.

Since there were several items affected by this change, it is likely that there are some items which could have this extra protection removed as they aren't considered all that important or valuable. And there are likely some additional items that may be deserving of this feature (although we want to try to limit it as much as we can since we understand players don't like having to constantly click through pop up boxes).

We'd love any feedback on that and the confirmation box in general. Thank you for bringing this up.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm hoping that this will let me discard those epic companion experience treatises from lockboxes. I have stacks upon stacks upon stacks. :frowning:

Any thoughts on making my deer a little smarter? He shouldn't lunge forward in a desperate attempt to stop when I'm only nudging him a step forward so I can interact with a merchant.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Hello. Some of us have 2 of the same class differnt build in the account.
    SO you will allow us to transfer the items to one? NOT ofcourse make our items boe such as legendary mounts just a way to transfer them to the same class character.

I would presume, No.

I have:
    2x SW
    2x CW
    2x DC
    2x HR
    2x OP
    1 x TR
    1x GWF
    1x GF

and that's just the ones I run atm.

They're not going to find a way to make reparations for all the time and financial, both in-game and not, effort put into separate characters, that would be far too difficult and costly for them. Essentially if you have multiples of a class then congrats, you now have a pretty much useless Loadout system. I'll just use it to make a carbon copy with different Encounters slotted so I don't have to do it manually. My GF will be the only one getting anything decent out of it, I can make a dedicated IV-Tact. Tank for times I need one.

Mod11.5 is basically just an FU to everyone not in a Guild, something you should never do. Non guild players better get equal quality weapons and armor or don't even bother with the Module update. They lost players at the last Stronghold Module, they're going to do it again. Hell, they can't even make normal Mod11 work right.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Is there any chance to add another plot in the stronghold that allow us to build a 5th boon structure?
    @nitocris83 @asterdahl @mimicking#6533 @rgutscheradev

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Just a thought on class sigils; I'm guessing the reason for us not being able to refine them into other artifacts is because they are free and therefore using them as feeders would bypass the cost/effort of getting feeders?

A way around this would be to allow them to refine into other artifacts but never scale. A straight 80% of RP points that never multiplies would allow players to regain most of their investment without being able to abuse them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ++++ to those requesting additional boon plot(s) in Stronghold.