Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter M11b General Feedback

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

krzrsms said:

there doesn't appear to be a destroy option available so I can only look at costs of the other buildings for the moment.

I don't believe there was any particular misunderstanding on this topic, but just for sake of clarity since somethings are not final on preview—it is intentional that there is no destroy option for temporary structures. Once you've created a temporary structure you must wait for it to expire before you may use that slot again.

@asterdahl

Several people have supported the fact that we need an additional plot for a boon structure. We do understand that it is expected that a guild must choose which ones to build, however, even with only 5 available plots, we still have to make a decision. Also, we are already in a point where most lv 20 guilds can't build or upgrade any structure since each one of them is already finished (excluding PvP buildings which are undesirable). Could you please let us know your position about both concerns? Thanks.

I can say that the current arrangement wherein you must choose a limited number of structures compared to the available slots was the intent of the original design as some have pointed out. It was intended to create some friction, deliberation and community back-and-forth. I can also say that we will not be adding additional boon structure slots in this module. The future is not set in stone though, so please continue to make your voices heard if this is something you feel strongly about.

If you were counting the fact that level 20 guilds no longer have any structures to upgrade as the second point, I would say that we are aware of this. Certainly temporary structures and guild alliances are intended to alleviate the issue so that your members can continue to earn guild marks. We do evaluate the possibility of adding new ranks against the number of guilds who have reached rank 20. However, there are other areas of concern such as the strength of guild boons and expectations surrounding those if new ranks were to be added, etc. Similarly to the first point, if you would really like to see new stronghold ranks be added, please continue to make your voice heard. We do hear you and your feedback is appreciated.
    Hi @asterdahl personally I'd be happy to see higher guild ranks introduced in the future which unlock more boon plots (as opposed to increasing the stats of existing guild boons). The thing is most players will only switch between a couple of the offence & defence boons but the utility ones have a more interesting variety.

I think opening them up would provide a small but nice benefit as members of these guilds generally have access to all the offence/defence they need but being able to switch between; treasure hunter for advanced characters doing MW/ XP for levelling new characters/ Mount Speed for everyday utility/ Glory for those that run pvp - having access to all of these is helpful but not excessive.

It would also provide new goals for those of us who've sat at GH20 for the better part of a year now.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Additional boon plots would give our guild another rewarding reason to grind together. There are several members of our guild that would grind their asses off to get an HP boon as there is no way we will tear down an existing structure.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    adinosii said:

mynaam said:

The help to small guilds that was mentioned does not seem to have materialised building costs are exactly the same.

Well, there is the new event - available every 2 hours, and requires a similar number of players as the DF event.....the rewards from that will help.
    Thank you for answering and for my guild it will help. I am just concerned about small guild with say 5 or 6 players online and not in big alliance. I am not sure that they will be able to do the skirmish. Can 5 players at say il 2.7k (before IL changes that is)for example complete it. That is my concern.

I am not criticizing(at least not trying too :) ), just trying to give some constructive feedback
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Loving the guild hall interior! Was on test server yesterday with some guildies - it was great being able to sit down in the guild hall. Couple of points: The cursor disappears from the chat bar area when seated. Also, managed to full through a piece of geometry. I believe it to be from the landing to the stairs leading back down to the main area. Where do the mysterious doors lead to on the landing btw?

Thanks,
    BlackMagi
  • Options
    draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I agree with this post. Opening up at least one new plot is not going to destroy balance in the game.
    niadan said:

Personally I could care less about higher ranks at this stage of the game. Additional boon plots however, make perfect sense without causing any issues with game balance.

The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Additional plots would contribute to more options regarding boons, not make the existing boons more powerful, (which really isn't needed) so I don't really see a problem with that.

Also, it would give the players in rank 20 guilds additional ways to earn guild marks, and (probably) contribute to more diverse builds...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Our rank 20 guild has done all that, @defiantone99

The issue is that there are several members of our guild that would like the CHOICE of another Boon, not increasing the boons further. In order to get another BOON, we would have to destroy one of our current structures and thus upset other members that use said structure's BOON. I do not see how anyone can claim that adding more BOON plots (in this case one) could possibly upset game balance @draco16
  • Options
    That would also be A solution, but not as easy to deal with when alliance members change boon structures or leave the alliance.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Unfortunately you are right...this time...lol
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2017
    I wanted to give a bit more info about some of the Stronghold advancement changes, since people have been asking about them.

We had originally thought to lower some costs, but we decided that it would be better (and hopefully more fun!) to increase what you can earn. Those changes are a bit scattered, so let me summarize the ones most relevant to Stronghold advancement:

* You can now hand in Seals of Triumph for Conqueror's Shards. This should increase the rate of gain for Conqueror's Shard by a lot.
    * The new event has a weekly quest associated with it. Just doing the event once during the week means you get 600 Influence (in other words, +1.5 days worth of Influence). You don't have to do especially well at the event (just clear the first wave, I think?), so even small guilds should be able to do this quest.
    * The really big change, though, is focused on smaller guilds: the temporary structure that earns influence. While some temp structures are aimed at bigger guilds and have higher costs, the influence structure should be viable for even a small guild. If you imagine a 10-person guild, with those 10 players earning their 400 Influence four times a week, that would be 16,000 Influence per week. The temp structure would roughly double that (it gives just over 16,000/week). So those small guilds would see a real increase. A larger guild might still build the influence structure (or they might decide to build one of the other ones), but 16,000 Influence just won't move the needle as much for a 100-person guild at Guild Level 17.
    * There are also temporary structures to make gems and gold (two other resources that we see some smaller guilds having trouble with), but of course Influence will be the one that's of interest to the most guilds.
    * Note a lot of the temporary structure costs are focused on Wood/Stone/Food/Metal, which helps you get those resources out of your coffer. It's also easier on smaller guilds, because those resources are earned at the guild level, rather than on a per-player level (that is, it doesn't matter much how big your guild is when earning those resources).
    * There was also some retuning of the number of Guild Marks you get for the various resources, which doesn't affect guild advancement directly of course, but hopefully will make things feel a bit more fair.

Overall, as you can see, the focus this time around was on helping the smaller guilds, although there are a few pricier temp structures that might be of more interest to larger guilds.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Have you had a look at how many people actually play pvp these days? I don't think the seals of triumph thing will have a big impact unless they have a high donation value per seal.

A lot of big guilds have been at GH20 for a long time and have had no construction goals for many months. I can see the benefit for smaller guilds, building a temporary structure that boosts influence, gems etc but what would be a nice touch would be allowing maxed guilds to build these but divert the earnings to lower ranked guilds within their alliance. Now that would be a great example of big guilds helping small ones.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

The costs of SHs were set in a different era when there were many more sources of AD, they need to be adjusted to the current era of low and slow AD gains.

While what you say about the history of AD gains has a lot of truth to it, a few modules back there was a very big lowering (around 50%, or even more for lower-level guilds) of AD Stronghold costs, plus lots of AD vouchers were added into the game economy. The end result is that our coffer data shows very few guilds have AD as the resource blocking their advancement. A lot of them are actually full on AD.

You can see this for yourself in-game by looking at what a 20,000 AD voucher goes for in the Auction House. I just now checked on US PC and found the price was under 2,000 AD. If people were hurting for Stronghold AD at all, that voucher should cost close to 20,000.

So I don't think AD is an important Stronghold advancement blocker any more, although I agree it definitely was at one time. Right now our data is showing Influence is by far the biggest blocker, with Conqueror's Shards, Gems, and Treasures of Tyranny some of the other harder-to-get resources (although nothing like Influence).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    armadeonx said:

Have you had a look at how many people actually play pvp these days? I don't think the seals of triumph thing will have a big impact unless they have a high donation value per seal.

It will make things easier for guilds with members capable of winning at Domination. I think it's 1:1 but that's still 70/day instead of 10. (Lack of preview guild showing.)

Guilds that don't really PvP try to grind their Barracks using Black Ice Domination, which you have a chance of winning though sheer lack of competition. Buuuuut... it hasn't counted for a daily PvP win for Seals of Triumph since I want to say module 6. Whenever the conversion from a quest to an automatic reward occurred.

I guess people could try organizing queue syncing for GG for gentle-persons' matches.

Post edited by beckylunatic on
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    I definitely agree PvP needs some love. That's a more long-term project, though.

The addition of Seals of Triumph is a real help (although not beckylunatic's x7 earn rate, sorry!): it will be 10 Seals for 1 coffer point, which means a 60% increase in coffer progress (instead of 10 coffer points per day from the Fight to the Finish quest, it will be 10 + 6, since you get 60 Seals from the same win you got the Fight to the Finish Conqueror's Shards from).

It's not a complete solution, but it's a step in the right direction. For guilds that are grinding through Conqueror's Shards slowly, a +60% earn rate should be a real help. For guilds that have just given up on Conqueror's Shards, we'll need something more.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    For the most part my guild grinds the Conqueror's Shards through buying the packs off the shop, as only 2 people in the guild even like to PvP. So for a guild like that, yes something more is needed, more sources of AD or something. And too many people in the guild only have 1 or 2 hours to play a day, at most. So it is a matter of choosing what to do, complete dailies or do guild stuff, and most choose dailies, and do guild stuff with what time is left.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Perhaps when you add that one on one PvP area in the SH .You could also add the ability to earn Conqueror's Shards that way as well . When ever that might happen anyway lol.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User

I definitely agree PvP needs some love. That's a more long-term project, though.

The addition of Seals of Triumph is a real help (although not beckylunatic's x7 earn rate, sorry!): it will be 10 Seals for 1 coffer point, which means a 60% increase in coffer progress (instead of 10 coffer points per day from the Fight to the Finish quest, it will be 10 + 6, since you get 60 Seals from the same win you got the Fight to the Finish Conqueror's Shards from).

It's not a complete solution, but it's a step in the right direction. For guilds that are grinding through Conqueror's Shards slowly, a +60% earn rate should be a real help. For guilds that have just given up on Conqueror's Shards, we'll need something more.

Hello,

As you probably already know after checking the data, almost every guild have built or at least is building a Barracks because it offers one of the most interesting guild boons, unfortunately, it slows down a lot the pace at which the low level guilds are progressing. If you let us have another plot for a 5th boon structure, these guilds will be able to progress by building another structure that won't hinder their progress while keeping the opportunity to build the Barracks when they can and not when they have to. This means that the guilds can still focus in building other structures that requires heroic/dungeonnering/adventurer's shards instead of conquerors in order to keep the progress. By doing so, you will let the high lvl guilds to build another boon structure which a lot of players are asking already and the low lvl guilds will also have another way to speed up the time they take to build stuff in their stronghold by sending resources to others. Obviously, sharing resources between different structures could mean to slow down at some point but we are getting new structures with 11b that will also allow us to build stuff faster, that will definitely balance the situation. See, conqueror's shards are a major bottleneck for every guild, obtaining a lot more of them doesn't matter if the guild doesn't have enough players.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @lazaroth666 Another well thought out reason to add an additional boon plot. Well played sir...well played.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2017

PVP simply shouldn't be part of the progression at the moment except for the PVP boon plots. The change will not help PVE guilds at all. Why force someone into PVP, especially with the broken state it's in?
  • Options
    ferblferbl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Lurker, I apologize for my English, next will be icons:

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Let me give my look from a small guild prospective

As a member of a small guild making us pay massive amounts(milions) of AD to have BIS gear is not helping us. We will be forced to farm AD and thus not be able to do daily farming for SH donations.

The PVP thing is worthleess as Big PVP guilds just gang up on small guilds and slaughter us making it impossible to earn a single seal.

The temp building do not help where the real problem is (at least for my guild) We find the various shards of power a major bottle neck for us (maxinmum of 10 X 10 = 100 per day when we need 4k+ per building... more than 40 days per building). Influence we get by doing inf runs with our amazing alliance members(it is slower but getable).

The new Masterworks will kill of any chance of recruting new members. I can see you have been trying really hard to help out and i really apreciate it, but i think you are getting it wrong.

I do hope i am wrong with this :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I would really love to get another boon plot. I love my guildies and am not leaving to go to a pvp guild but I really love to pvp too but it's so much harder speccing for both pve and pvp when I have such a disadvantage of not going in with the HP Boon. We have brought up the conversation of changing to the HP Boon several times but it was no success. Even had a guild vote but still no success. I don't think it should be too problematic to allow us just one more boon plot. Also other than pvp, I would love to see the boon used on my tank in pve. I think that would be awesome.
  • Options
    An additional boon plot makes so much sense that it makes no sense not to do. But I sense that our request is falling on deaf ears, since we have yet to get a sense of why this sensible suggestion does not make perfect sense. Ya feel me?