test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter M11b General Feedback

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Individual Feedback threads will be created for the various new content pieces and features of M11b over the next few business days. In the meantime, feel free to leave initial thoughts here with the caveat that they may be moved to more relevant threads later.
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Hello. Some of us have 2 of the same class differnt build in the account.
    SO you will allow us to transfer the items to one? NOT ofcourse make our items boe such as legendary mounts just a way to transfer them to the same class character.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Mastercraft Bug report:

Too much copy/paste - all three are named "Vermilion"

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    @mimicking#6533
    This is not Improvement of masterwork =( so sad. no new MW levels, no new MW cool items which are better that current...
    DO you plan to do this?

What about pvp and class balance?(i think this is more intresting that decoration things)
  • Options

@nitocris83
    @mimicking#6533
    This is not Improvement of masterwork =( so sad. no new MW levels, no new MW cool items which are better that current...
    DO you plan to do this?

What about pvp and class balance?(i think this is more intresting that decoration things)

What on earth are you talking about? There is an entire new tier of Masterwork recipies, which allows people to basically make BiS items.....masterwork is (finally) relevant again.

• Options
    Masterwork feedback

I am a bit surprised regarding the Artisan. This is what he offers me:

The problem is, I do not think he should be offering me Tier-3 recipes unless I have already unlocked Tier-2.
  • Options
    Oh, he shows the quests, if you can pick them up. If you have them all done, or have one active, they will not show. This works fine - I tested that already.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Mastercraft bug report

Insufficient profession resource space. Module 11-B adds a number of profession resources, but not the inventory slots required to hold them. This is a significant issue - maybe not for everyone, but long-time players like myself (who happen to be holding various "odd" resources like Dread Limb Fragments and Shamanic Salve) are close to the limit or may have reached it already.

Strange things happen if you try to pick up a new profession resource when you do not have any free slots.

By selling stuff I do not need, I managed to free up two resoource slots, but that is nowhere enough. This needs fixing.

^ This !

I can't free anymore, between RD and MW and now this... NO ROOM !
    Also assets will be nice but resources is a real issue !
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @mimicking#6533 you mentioned on live stream that there was a unbind method under development i wanted to be one step ahead(and i'm sure i speak for many people on this) and ask to include artifacts in that unbind token/informatic magic trick, this for 1 very simple reason, class artifacts, class artifacts can be leveled up to lvl 140 like all the others but if at any point a player decides not to use it anymore it will be millions thrown into the can, this is my case, standing with 3 sigils artifacts in my bank, i wanted to get a Tome of ascendance because it has really cool effects and usefullness however it will be a big investment unecessary when i already have 7 mythic artifact. Refine all way from lvl 60 is simply too much to be worth another one in the shelf gaining dust, If by anyway i had a chance to unbind those artifacts and put them to other character, then i would have a reason to get a tome.

For reference assuming double refinment even and using feeder artifacts upgrading a artifact to mithic will go for something like 1.1million, this value being raised if the artifact is a power artifact, so the unbind token shoud not go for over 1k zen to incentivate people getting it.

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

If they are going to unbind anything, there must be a level 70 restriction. There are already PVP twinks, I could imagine the stupidity of twink armies with Mythic artifacts and Legendary mounts.

But you mean unbind permanently?
    I was thinking of xname token for yzen amount turning a btc item into a bta one that becomes btc upon the next bind, at least that is what makes more sense to me, for example orcus set, it's BIS for almost all classes (and even with masterwork stuff still wil be), if i had one of my orcus set permanently bound to acount i would just float it around and use it at will, making tons of ad, even probably compensating the ad spent for the unbind, honestly the game would become too easy, unbind tokens should be for situations like: " I'm tired of my paladin, this next month i will play Guardian fighter" so i proceed to pay y amount of zen and change my set to my paladin, at least this is my opinion.

• Options
    archuraiarchurai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The following is a summary on what I noticed on preview server earlier today.

1. Nine new resources for Mastercrafting - You need to farm nodes in Cold Run, Lonelywood, and Bryn Shander
    Cold Run: Sky Iron, Raw Rubellite, Effervescent Water
    Bryn Shander: Snowhare Wool, Native Silver, Raw Sphene
    Lonelywood: Spruce Log, Spruce Resin, and Red Alder Bark

*Awesome idea and it will help the crafting economy and bring people back to these maps more and more.
    *The drawback is that we now have to find more room for the resources. I recommend that they offer a resource bag expansion through the zen market. This could be an entire bag or additional slots. I know I am personally running out of room with all the new crafting resources.

2. New Mastercraft Mark II Weapons are "Binds on Pickup Account"
    :'(
    * Please make this Bind on Equip like the other armor that will be listed shortly
    *Brightsilver, Manticore & Titansteel

http://imgur.com/t4yHuiq - New GWF Stonghold Weapon Set 2.0

3. New Mastercraft Armor PVP (Prestige Vs Newly Crafted Armor)

*New Chest - +867 Tenacity
    *New Headpiece - +557 Tenacity
    *New Greaves - +557 Tenacity
    *New Arms - +557 Tenacity
    *New Duelist Ring - 413 Power, 309 Deflection, 557 Tenacity (+33 Power, +24 Deflection, +44 Tenacity)
    *New Executioner Ring - 413 Power, 309 Recovery, 557 Tenacity (+33 Power, +24 Recovery, +44 Tenacity)

http://imgur.com/8DGvAej - New Duelist Ring
    http://imgur.com/iDe2yLf - New Executioner Ring
    http://imgur.com/lqiQUXG - New GWF Greaves
    http://imgur.com/y2YMpxM - New GWF Chest
    http://imgur.com/dbiZzwF - New GWF Head
    http://imgur.com/eNLYX2s - New GWF Arms

*THESE ARE BOUND TO EQUIP

4. New Mastercraft Armor PVE (Vivified Gear vs Newly Crafted Armor)

*New GWF Raid Chest ( +121 power, +2760 hit points, +182 crit or armor penetration or recovery -618 defense)
    *New GWF Greaves (+508 Power, +1379 hit points, +54 defense, -313 crit
    *New GWF Raid Arms (+117 Power, +1379 hit points, +54 defense

http://imgur.com/KGOctYz - New GWF Raid Chest
    http://imgur.com/3LOtzYv - New GWF Raid Vambraces
    http://imgur.com/DXyE1Uw - New GWF Greaves

Sidenote: You lose your everfrost damage resistance needed to get into Assault on Svardborg & Fangbreaker Island. However you don't have to worry about voninblod empowerment on the new gear. In regards to the new headpieces, I would recommend still running the Jarl's Gaze as the headpiece as this still gives the most amount of power.

5. New Mastercraft Neck/Cloaks/Amulets - Created through jewelcrafting

http://imgur.com/p3FVHc1 - Rubellite Amulet

*I will probably still be running my Orcus set...... :)

Post edited by archurai on
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    archurai said:

4. New Mastercraft Armor PVE armor (Vivified Gear vs Newly Crafted Armor)

10mil in AH every piece...............

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Mastercraft bug report

Insufficient profession resource space. Module 11-B adds a number of profession resources, but not the inventory slots required to hold them. This is a significant issue - maybe not for everyone, but long-time players like myself (who happen to be holding various "odd" resources like Dread Limb Fragments and Shamanic Salve) are close to the limit or may have reached it already.

Strange things happen if you try to pick up a new profession resource when you do not have any free slots.

By selling stuff I do not need, I managed to free up two resource slots, but that is nowhere enough. This needs fixing.

There are a few new recipes for decorative items for the guild hall which use some old resources AND even more new ones.

I haven't even been able to pursue Masterwork and am dangerously close to not having any free profession resource slots on my character that has adventured in SoMI and RD.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ethaniasethanias Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    archurai said:

4. New Mastercraft Armor PVE (Vivified Gear vs Newly Crafted Armor)

*New GWF Raid Chest ( +121 power, +2760 hit points, +182 crit or armor penetration or recovery -618 defense)
    *New GWF Greaves (+508 Power, +1379 hit points, +54 defense, -313 crit
    *New GWF Raid Arms (+117 Power, +1379 hit points, +54 defense

http://imgur.com/3LOtzYv - New GWF Raid Vambraces
    http://imgur.com/DXyE1Uw - New GWF Greaves

Sidenote: You lose your everfrost damage resistance needed to get into Assault on Svardborg & Fangbreaker Island. However you don't have to worry about voninblod empowerment on the new gear. In regards to the new headpieces, I would recommend still running the Jarl's Gaze as the headpiece as this still gives the most amount of power.

There is something wrong on preview i think, this is the stats of a tier 2 gwf vivified raid chest:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Vivified_Headsman's_Raid_Scalemail

same chest at tier 3 on preview has lower stats:

Tier 3 on preview Maximum hit points 26.627 - Tier 2 27.317
    Tier 3 on preview Power 1216 - Tier 2 1246
    Tier 3 on preview Critical Strike 1824 - Tier 2 1870
    Tier 3 on preview Defense 1339 - Tier 2 1359

it's a bug or i'm missing something?

• Options
    kreatyve said:

Comments from this thread have been moved and merged with their appropriate feedback threads at the request of the developers. If you commented here and you can't find your comment, please check the appropriate feedback thread. Thanks!

Masterwork and Stronghold-related comments have not been moved - are we supposed to continue adding those to this thread, or will there be a separate "official" thread for those ?

• Options

Serious stability issues

It is somewhat hard to really test things on Preview when my client crashes every few minutes. The crashes do not seem related to what I am doing - in fact, in many cases they happen just if I stand still and do not touch the keyboard or my mouse. They happen pretty regularly if I switch programs (go into Paint to paste a screenshot I just took, for example), but I have not been able to reproduce the crashes reliably.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    adinosii said:

kreatyve said:

Comments from this thread have been moved and merged with their appropriate feedback threads at the request of the developers. If you commented here and you can't find your comment, please check the appropriate feedback thread. Thanks!

Masterwork and Stronghold-related comments have not been moved - are we supposed to continue adding those to this thread, or will there be a separate "official" thread for those ?

Those are fine here for now. If an "official" thread gets made for those, the comments will be moved.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Mastercraft bug report

Insufficient profession resource space. Module 11-B adds a number of profession resources, but not the inventory slots required to hold them. This is a significant issue - maybe not for everyone, but long-time players like myself (who happen to be holding various "odd" resources like Dread Limb Fragments and Shamanic Salve) are close to the limit or may have reached it already. I also have Tier I or II Mastercraft in all professions but I no not have all the resources used by all of them.

By selling stuff I do not need, I managed to free up two resource slots, but that is nowhere enough. This needs fixing.

The fact is that the current number of profession resource slots is lower than the number of profession resource types, so even if you do not have any multiple stacks, you may still run out of space. Now we get 9 new resources from maps plus all the ones you can make.

My rough estimate is that the limit needs to be raised by 30 or so.

I mean they've already shown that they can make bags that can expand as needed with the useful items tab, why not just change the professions tab to something like that?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2017

New SH Structures

BUG: The temporary structures disappear shortly after created. While they should be there for 24h/week.
    BUG: The Mysterious Merchant had nothing in the Store.the problem is the short duration of the store. The items are there
    BUG: Some items in the Mysterious Merchant store still have Place holders.

Put the plots on the map so they can be found more easily.
    Post edited by vida44 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

SH Decoration

The Banner from the WB cannot be donated although it's in my inventory. Found the reason. It has to be donated in the warehouse first and then it can be used.
    BUG: The Feast lasted for only 15 seconds then went back into the Warehouse.
    BUG: It is not possible to sit on the chair on these two sides (Picture below)

And while we're at it. My Mainhand Weapon hurts my be-hind...A LOT. You can see the clipping on the picture. (GWF)
    Post edited by vida44 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

NEW SH EVENT

- BUG: There was no decision on taking other waves
    - BUG: We all crashed after the event started. (After relog all worked, but the event started from the top again)
    - BUG: Event didn't end

- The Anouncement in the Guild Chat is nice but needs a different Tag like "Event". Or maybe keep the same tag but add "***" (asterix) in the sentence to make it stick out. And not sure if it appears in the Alliance chat. If it does it should have an "Event (guild abbreviation)" tag.
    - 1min/30sec/15sec/started is enough of an anouncement. Can't remember if it went to 10 and 5 sec.
    - I can't say much about the prizes since the event didn't end.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    vida44 said:

BUG: Event didn't end

To clarify, here is what happened at the end

...and it was just stuck there, no new waves, no announcement that it had failed, no rewards. The event has a lot of potential, but it is clear you need a decent group to handle it properly.

I like how the event is scheduled, every 2 hours, right between the DF events.

Regarding the issue we had, there were not enough of us to defend all 3 sites and, but during wave 3 we realized there was a catapult we had to destroy,so after taking that down, I picked up some medium piles of loot and went back to the eastern location. Wave 3 ended and there was a message we needed to return the loot within x seconds or the event would be lost...well, the loot was returned, but the event just seemed to stop and that point - was stuck as shown in the screenshot.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    adinosii said:

... but it is clear you need a decent group to handle it properly.

Regarding the issue we had, there were not enough of us to defend all 3 sites and, but during wave 3 we realized there was a catapult we had to destroy,so after taking that down, I picked up some medium piles of loot and went back to the eastern location.

Is this an event that can be run for alliance participation or just within a guild?

Because if you need a large number of players for best results, and this is meant to be one of the tools to give smaller guilds a boost, I'm not seeing it.

Right now, I can achieve more for my guild playing solo without the interruption than to drop everything to jump in on an alliance Dragonflight event, because the vast majority of the time, the random vouchers are for items my guild doesn't need. Many are for items that we will NEVER need because we can produce them ourselves far in excess of the rate we can deplete them.

I am somewhat hoping the return of temporary structures might help with the exchange of excess resources into needed resources, as I saw a post to this effect, but that was something of a stressor in itself due to requiring attendance at precision intervals. Maybe it won't be as bad though without the pressure of trying to cram as much production as possible into a one-week event.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    vida44 said:

NEW SH EVENT

- BUG: There was no decision on taking other waves

Pretty sure they said it was every 5 waves.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John