test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Devoted Cleric Changes

Comments

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2017

-- The issue I am seeing here is that Clerics have so many broken powers/feats/features that literally do not work, or do not work as intended (like they used to) that having nearly the entire list of changes be "We nerfed AA and increased your damage by a flat 30%" is kinda insulting. If they were to fix all (and I mean ALL) of the bugs (and I don't mean "we changed the tooltip to match the bug"), healing clerics wouldn't need +30% increased damage just to solo daily quests with our sanity intact. --

I agree... Clerics have some persistent bugs and probably the weakest selection of heroic feats out of all classes (Repurpose Soul is my favorite and even that is bugged in two different ways). Domain Synergy and Initiate of Faith, for example, who are these for? They are heroic feats, so I feel like they should be worthwhile even for toons under level 30, but even BiS level 70's don't get a lot of use out of them. 1% extra crit from my power stat if I invest 5 points? Errr... No thank you!

Dreadnaught promised to take a look at our bug list, however, so hopefully it will get at least a little shorter. I don't know how many hours it would take to redesign our heroic feats and some powers almost nobody uses (Warding Flare, Geas, etc.), but it doesn't need to be an either-or situation with bug fixing and damage increase. It will do while we have so many other issues to battle with.

Also, I agree that it's a bit silly how hard the enemies seem to hit. I think I liked it better pre-mod6 when there were more enemies that hit for slightly less than fewer enemies that hit like a truck. Healing is rarely needed because of that, so damage mitigation is where it's at. DC's healing abilities are all fine and good to me, but dead people don't need a lot of healing.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @araneax tell me, what is the purpose of a dps building defences? In sva i get one shoted by the wave...i dont know the name if i stand back, but not by much, some times i escape, if i had guild + decent EF resist + more defencive stats that would definitivelly not happen, same thing for the red area attack, not the big strike(sorry i dont know the names) but that strike is a frontal strike, made for tanks to eat it, if papper dps build full offence they die, they have to convince of it, if they cry slap them back and tell them to grow up.

With my gwf i went a FBI only 1 time, before i sold all my stuff, i was able to hold mobs until the party returned, this with toons of EF resist HP and guild boons, life steal, pots and specially these 2->giant mark ward<- on a healing/dps companion(granting me the protection and debuff target at same time) and stamina gain.
    Basicly what you are saying is "if my team is dumb and unprepared or both i wont be abble to do the dungeon or take loads of time to get a <font color="orange">HAMSTER reward"<- this doesn't mean you should be abble to grant your team imunity,it means your team has to move, learn to be challenged and do things. I dont disagree further granting damage reduction to AA instead power sharing, it's very noticeable the power influence in a party and it's not terryfing impact that will balance AC capabillities, storvald has 2billion hp right?

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    meirami said:

Dreadnaught promised to take a look at our bug list, however, so hopefully it will get at least a little shorter.

It seemed he went ahead and looked at this list. However this is not a comprehensive list.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12935881?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+72070a0b006e66c64983de25315bf9e0d5771fd3+1487815224+hmacsha1

It is missing
    1. Piercing Light gives 10% at all ranks
    2. Flame Strike does not proc Wheel of Elements (or weapon enchants)
    3. Condemning Gaze (feat) gives stacks in an aoe around hit targets (might be intended, don't know)
    4. I haven't checked this one in awhile, but Divinity Mode Chains used to be able to overstack the DR debuff from the Dread Enchantment. We achieved 11 stacks of the same ranking Dread during our testing.
    5. Chains does not proc Owlbear
    6. Daunting Light does not proc Owlbear
    7. Fire of the gods (and other feats) do not proc Wheel of the Elements
    8. Punishing Light only procs weapon enchants on the first 2 hits
    9. Chains of Blazing Light starts failing to get activated on some terrain after awhile. This can be seen in Illusionist's Gambit on stationary bosses in the center of the map. To repeat this bug, Grab a companion, start hitting any training dummy with chains, and keep manually spamming normal/divine/empowered chains for about 5 minutes. The chains will start staying on the floor and not giving empowered stacks or dealing damage.
    10. Terrifying Insight has no stack limit when used with Chains of Blazing Light against multiple targets.
    @dreadnaught#5263
    I do really want to thank you for what you have done so far. Really appreciate it.

Also, can we consider any feat that gives less than 400 points in given basic stat (crit/recovery/deflection) to be a bug?
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

I agree, Light of Divinity seems to heal for like a static (unaffected by power) 10% of your weapon damage or something miserable like that.

Unless I'm hallucinating... Which I've been doing ALOT of that new skirmish, so maybe.. LIght of Divinity seems to activate Healing from Engine Inspiration which is always more that the Light of divinity heal. The heal is trivial but the Divinity gained is noticeable to me. Additionally- If you're DO you can keep up Foresight forever doing nothing using light of divinity but hardly anyone is DO anymore.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

To be honest clerics can be of use as healers again if the community would move away from these glass cannon builds hiding behind a niche mitigation power like bubble or AA. If players would go back to balancing out their builds through boons/feats/enchants to be able to take a hit, whilst the party consists of a GF running KV and an OP running BO and SoF as well as Aura of protection. Between the 2 classes you have them soaking up almost 80% of incoming damage. Throw in a Trans Fey and some other abilities and you get great reduction to incoming damage. Most of the community is running with 20% DR and 20% Lifesteal which is great for soloing but in a group it would be better if people would ditch the Life steal for a full 40% DR and let other abilities like those mentioned by those tanks as well as Astral Shield from a DC, Circle of power, Pillar of power ect. get you to the 80% DR cap. We tested this exact set up in FBI and taking the hill was insanely easy. Set up was a GWF, SW, DC (Faith Cleric running HG and AS), Protection OP, GF running KV. The SW had a few deaths but for the most part all the damage was mitigated and easily healed by the cleric. The OP running Templars Wrath joked that a few boulders ate a bunch of his Temp HP but he was doing fine. The run was a bit longer than usual but it felt like it was in line with the content we were running.

I think we have become stubborn about changing our builds back to a more balanced off/def because we've all spent so much $$ breaking them since mod 6 and the introduction of the bubble. Paingiver has been chased so aggressively that even our tank classes are dropping DR in favor of damage builds. So I do agree with people who say things like 1 shots and Lifesteal broke the game, but I also believe the community helped. We got too hooked on bubbles and balls, while chasing that elusive pain giver trophy.

Yep, dungeons are like dmg race. And many DPS players sacrificed survivability for DPS.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
    edited February 2017

I agree, Light of Divinity seems to heal for like a static (unaffected by power) 10% of your weapon damage or something miserable like that.

Unless I'm hallucinating... Which I've been doing ALOT of that new skirmish, so maybe.. LIght of Divinity seems to activate Healing from Engine Inspiration which is always more that the Light of divinity heal. The heal is trivial but the Divinity gained is noticeable to me. Additionally- If you're DO you can keep up Foresight forever doing nothing using light of divinity but hardly anyone is DO anymore.

You can keep foresight always up in everyone with astral seal if you hit strategic tragets, there is always one or other player that decides to just hit targets randomly, but appart from engine inspiration proc light of divinity is very weak.

• bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Suggestions:

Some of the skills, feats and artifact class features need minor improvements and some have very little to no use at all

Powers/Class features:
    1. Warding Flare (currently bugged): Shields too little dmg and CD is way too long to be useful
    2. Light of Divinity: Heal is too weak
    3. Astral Seal: Causes massive lag
    4. Sacred Flame: Gives abysmally small amount of temp HP and deals less dmg and gives less divinity than Lance despite having similar casting speed; really has no point in using this at all
    5. Guardian of Faith: No sane person would use it in PvE even if you buff its heal amount.
    6. Hammer of Fate: Maybe make you dmg immune while casting? Even then it'd have very little relevance in PvE
    7. Prophetic Action: The CD is way too high and is way too situational to be useful
    8. Prophecy of Doom (currently bugged): Increasing the casting speed and debuff amount would be great

Feats:

Healing Action: Doesn't work with most healing abilities
    Initiate of Faith: Hands down the worst feat in this game; needs massive buff, maybe(2/4/6/8/10%)?
    Domain Synergy: Buff it a bit, maybe (3/6/9/12/15%)?
    Second Sight: Not only is the heal laughably weak, it's extremely situational which makes it practically useless
    Prestigious Exaltation: Even 5/5 only gives a marginal difference; needs to give 20%+ increased duration to be somewhat useful

Artifact class features:

Healer's Lore/Divine Fortune/Annointed Armor: 150 stats is too little with current stat scaling
  • entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I think you forgot Repurpose Soul proccing only from single target spells. (or even so)
    nickjdowe said:

To be honest clerics can be of use as healers again if the community would move away from these glass cannon builds hiding behind a niche mitigation power like bubble or AA. If players would go back to balancing out their builds through boons/feats/enchants to be able to take a hit, whilst the party consists of a GF running KV and an OP running BO and SoF as well as Aura of protection. Between the 2 classes you have them soaking up almost 80% of incoming damage. Throw in a Trans Fey and some other abilities and you get great reduction to incoming damage. Most of the community is running with 20% DR and 20% Lifesteal which is great for soloing but in a group it would be better if people would ditch the Life steal for a full 40% DR and let other abilities like those mentioned by those tanks as well as Astral Shield from a DC, Circle of power, Pillar of power ect. get you to the 80% DR cap. We tested this exact set up in FBI and taking the hill was insanely easy. Set up was a GWF, SW, DC (Faith Cleric running HG and AS), Protection OP, GF running KV. The SW had a few deaths but for the most part all the damage was mitigated and easily healed by the cleric. The OP running Templars Wrath joked that a few boulders ate a bunch of his Temp HP but he was doing fine. The run was a bit longer than usual but it felt like it was in line with the content we were running.

I think we have become stubborn about changing our builds back to a more balanced off/def because we've all spent so much $$ breaking them since mod 6 and the introduction of the bubble. Paingiver has been chased so aggressively that even our tank classes are dropping DR in favor of damage builds. So I do agree with people who say things like 1 shots and Lifesteal broke the game, but I also believe the community helped. We got too hooked on bubbles and balls, while chasing that elusive pain giver trophy.

This comment:

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

@araneax tell me, what is the purpose of a dps building defences? In sva i get one shoted by the wave...i dont know the name if i stand back, but not by much, some times i escape, if i had guild + decent EF resist + more defencive stats that would definitivelly not happen, same thing for the red area attack, not the big strike(sorry i dont know the names) but that strike is a frontal strike, made for tanks to eat it, if papper dps build full offence they die, they have to convince of it, if they cry slap them back and tell them to grow up.

With my gwf i went a FBI only 1 time, before i sold all my stuff, i was able to hold mobs until the party returned, this with toons of EF resist HP and guild boons, life steal, pots and specially these 2->giant mark ward<- on a healing/dps companion(granting me the protection and debuff target at same time) and stamina gain.
    Basicly what you are saying is "if my team is dumb and unprepared or both i wont be abble to do the dungeon or take loads of time to get a <font color="orange">HAMSTER reward"<- this doesn't mean you should be abble to grant your team imunity,it means your team has to move, learn to be challenged and do things.</p>

While i agree with you completely, reality is different.
    People do not equip their everfrost resistance armors. They need it only to get in.
    It is same for running FBI.
    You have seen it, do not tell me you did not.
    Half of them do not even have 10 k of defense. Everything is sacrificed to the dps / dmg .
    I did enough MSVAs to get my legendary up. Some pugs some guild runs, some alliance runs, some zerg runs.
    It is all the same with anyone you run. You do not use AA , you get kicked. They do not need you.
    Your buffs are not the same as DO DC buffs. You are an AC DC.
    If they wanted buffs they would take someone else. Or 2 CWs and a GWIF.

And while i do agree people need to learn how to move, we both know exactly how moving goes in this game.
    They aren't going to move. And when they die they will use their trade bars scrolls or spam the help button.
    It is how this game is working for a year now.
    It is just, how it is. And if you think the nerf to AA will change that , i am telling you it will not.
    People will not change over night just cos we want them to. You know it , i know it , the whole community knows it.
    The whole problem with AA started when people started abusing it.
    The question is, why did they abuse it in the first place ?
    Easy answer : Cos mobs can one shot you easily like you are a little level 20. Not a level 70 with overflow worth of 30 more levels.
    Until that changes , and we know it will not, things will stay the same.
    People will find something else to abuse. First it was pally bubble. Then AA. After this it will be HG .
    So what exactly is changed ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

edited February 2017
    araneax said:

Basicly what you are saying is "if my team is dumb and unprepared or both i wont be abble to do the dungeon or take loads of time to get a <font color="orange">HAMSTER reward"<- this doesn't mean you should be abble to grant your team imunity,it means your team has to move, learn to be challenged and do things.</p>

People do not equip their everfrost resistance armors. They need it only to get in.
    Half of them do not even have 10 k of defense. Everything is sacrificed to the dps / dmg .
    I did enough MSVAs to get my legendary up. Some pugs some guild runs, some alliance runs, some zerg runs.
    It is all the same with anyone you run. You do not use AA , you get kicked. They do not need you.

And while i do agree people need to learn how to move, we both know exactly how moving goes in this game.
    They aren't going to move. And when they die they will use their trade bars scrolls or spam the help button.
    It is just, how it is. And if you think the nerf to AA will change that , i am telling you it will not.
    People will not change over night just cos we want them to. You know it , i know it , the whole community knows it.
    Easy answer : Cos mobs can one shot you easily like you are a little level 20. Not a level 70 with overflow worth of 30 more levels.
    People will find something else to abuse. First it was pally bubble. Then AA. After this it will be HG .
    They will change, once the game was diferent and people played it, i play since december 2014 and i remember and you know why they will change? Because they know DC's still have good debuffs/buffs even without AA nullifying all damage but are not almighty anymore, once there was a class i shall not mention ^^ that would rap 4 individuals take all their damage while that class being almost imune as well and then dissipate a part of that damage in a blast, nowadays that class is a great tank and no more "perma bubble only" the bubble is not obsolete and can be used in approppriate moments and there are still some players that try and almost make it permanent. People will addapt and overcome.

And by what you just said : "Your buffs are not the same as DO DC buffs. You are an AC DC. " Sharing 20/30/40 k of power in nothing compares to the damage a DO + it's own damage + prophecy of doom can make, if DC it's goin to be reworked at least should be reworked to me as a DO be as well accepted by a queue group as a AA.

• fede#6678 fede Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    45 seconds of CD is a lot. Please do it in 25 seconds
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

I noticed some discussion on reducing self heals in order to make DC heals more important (and thus OP Devotion too). That is only half that issue though, so many mobs that one shot will also make heals obsolete. Unless you reduce both in some way I can't see heals being an end game set up.

Most classes have "one" go to build and though there is some diversity in some classes, there is always going to be one meta. The issue here is the distance between the "other" option and the "one" build. Whether nerfs to AC or buffs to DO it seems the gap is not closed enough yet.

. Certainly that SS Renegade isn't going to get much help from it. Not saying the 20% isn't fine the way it is, just asking the question is all.

dc has and other powers offer mitigation and absorb that is the answer.

araneax said:

They will change, once the game was diferent and people played it, i play since december 2014 and i remember and you know why they will change? Because they know DC's still have good debuffs/buffs even without AA nullifying all damage but are not almighty anymore, once there was a class i shall not mention ^^ that would rap 4 individuals take all their damage while that class being almost imune as well and then dissipate a part of that damage in a blast, nowadays that class is a great tank and no more "perma bubble only" the bubble is not obsolete and can be used in approppriate moments and there are still some players that try and almost make it permanent. People will addapt and overcome.

And by what you just said : "Your buffs are not the same as DO DC buffs. You are an AC DC. " Sharing 20/30/40 k of power in nothing compares to the damage a DO + it's own damage + prophecy of doom can make, if DC it's goin to be reworked at least should be reworked to me as a DO be as well accepted by a queue group as a AA.
    Climber a top ac dc cast and hallowed ground.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Just wanted to make sure we all understand what DC damage looks like. This is a 3k Righteous Divine Oracle in a river district dig site. This is on the live server, before the 30% damage increase, or bug fixes to lots of powers not proccing weapon enchants.

http://plays.tv/video/58afb219bc65974285/dps-dc-in-river-district-dig-site

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User

Chains does not proc Owlbear
    Daunting Light does not proc Owlbear
    This one was fixed and works really well now.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I hope for a good solution about AA. Chaining a daily, wich buffs everyone by 40% damage (if bondings involved), giving you cc immunity and a heavy mitigation effect on top is too much, even after rework.
    In case this daily is now getting buffed by Hollowed ground on top (50% uptime having some gear), it will be redicules. No other leader or paragon will ever stand against this, no OP, no templock, nothing. Those classes/trees are near not existent.
    Make it only work in a 5 group, give it a CD , stop AP gain by using it, anything to tone it down a bit.

To those ones , who allways claim the content is too hard, if not the hole raid is 100% dmageimmune.
    If a player like to stay in "red sauce" and be immune to every mechanic a boss encounter offers, let him die.
    If a player drop 100% every red aoe inside a raid and is not willing to adept, give him a second chance otherwise he has to leave.
    mSVA has some mechanics wich can be done, but need some kind of learing.
    I know about the poor state of rewards, I know about those random runs with a pretty awefull outcome. But maybe there is a chance to adjust things in case a dungeon is more than a 100% mindless grind.

The build a cleric runs atm is rediculesly broken, noone can deny this. It kills every chance to give content a meaning or strategy a bigger sens beside the fact that all other build, paragons and classes are from no interest.
    If we get back to normality, there might be a chance to have more builds involved. Maybe it will be an option to run a faithfull cleric beside a buffer cleric to adapt to big hits.

Player will rethink about glasscanonbuilds and adept. Atm, every striker runs a glasscanonsetup as meta, using adorable bites gear etc. If I am BIS and wear azures or viciuos rank 12 in a companion's defense slots, I am tanky and don´t need to adapt my build.
    Atm I can build a BIS-dps at 3.4 IL, without thinking one second about defense/deflect etc.
    There are more abilities and classes to mitigate damage.
    A good build GF can soak up to 70% of incoming damage by using KV+daunting challenge+united (+brawling warrior-prot). If he uses KC, boss deals 50% less dps to raid but lock up to him, another option to build arround mitigation.
    Maybe this change will make some dps GF´s to rethink their build....atm 90% want to run a dps GF-setup.
    I saw awesome dps GF´s doing a good job in mSVA being protected all time by AA, I saw awefull GF´s running a dps setup and doing nothing good except pressing the ITF button...a chance for those awefull ones to build arround protection/mitigation like I did because it´s far easier.. a nobrainer

About a clerics dps... huge aoe but low output at boss encounter/singel target. I don´t think this 30% will lead to a big problem. A DC who beats me in clearing trash, but deals 1/4 of my dps at bosses is welcome in my group. You will never get even near a CW, GWF, TR, SW or Hunter in focus damage. But I also think the dps is not needed for a rightous cleric, buff virtous/faithfull. Even running a buffer setup, my DC is pretty fast doing dailies.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I've one problem only: I don't understand where this discussion is going.
    I wait for the changes to go live and assess the situation at later stage. I agree that many things must be fixed, but I'm not sure that this is the right place/moment to discuss them.
    I regret to say that the devs are missing the opportunity for a deeper review of the DC class. The upcoming changes have a narrow scope: give the healers builds more damage when soloing, nerf the mitigation part of AA and find a (decent?) compromise to solve the AP generation dilemma.
    This is a trial&error problem solving approach:

[wiki]
    Trial and error is characterised by repeated, varied attempts which are continued until success, or until the agent stops trying. It has a number of features:

solution-oriented: trial and error makes no attempt to discover why a solution works, merely that it is a solution.
    problem-specific: trial and error makes no attempt to generalize a solution to other problems.
    non-optimal: trial and error is generally an attempt to find a solution, not all solutions, and not the best solution.
    [/wiki]

The OPs know very well how far this approach can go.
    Probably they will take into account the consequences on the overall "ecosystem" only if and when another wave of fact-based complains starts.
    fede#6678 said:

45 seconds is the base cooldown. As written by @dreadnaught#5263 "45-second cooldown (can be shortened with cooldown reduction)". At 24 CHA, 13 INT and 16k recovery the cooldown is ~ 23 seconds.

Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • dravendrow76dravendrow76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    so i try to argue with my poor english knowledge....

what is the current Stat of people who wants AA to be changed?? 4k+? Whats there GH?? 20??? Boons?? +8K
    don´t forgett people who write in this forum are less then 1% of the player base.
    look for 1 hour in PE what people really want. LF1m AADC in nearly every channel, in lfgchannel everywhere.
    This change will only result in more % of failed runs, and what happens then?
    A new very special Elite channel will grow up, noone will take "normal" Players, like it is these days before the change.

There might be a chance to have more builds involved?? NO !
    There might be no chance for some classes, and some IL to take ever part any more!!
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2017

A new very special Elite channel will grow up, noone will take "normal" Players, like it is these days before the change.
    There might be no chance for some classes, and some IL to take ever part any more!!

I agree: at the very beginning this is what happens. But after some days, the info flows and a new preferred setup emerges. It happened with ITF-AS, with AA and now it's time to find the next one that will feed the next wave of complains to start the next trial&error cycle. Such a process is true not only for the DC, but also for other classes.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2017

what is the current Stat of people who wants AA to be changed?? 4k+? Whats there GH?? 20??? Boons?? +8K
    don´t forgett people who write in this forum are less then 1% of the player base.
    look for 1 hour in PE what people really want. LF1m AADC in nearly every channel, in lfgchannel everywhere.

The difference between a powersharing DC without bondings rank 12 in a maxed companion and and the one with an augment is pretty small in terms of powersharing. Battle fervor and Weapon of light take your basepower for the shared powerbuff, same as AA.
    The only difference is the recovery your maxed companion gives you back... but you can go for a heart of a red dragon or better a Forgehammer (winter event) + Artificers Persuation and most of your problems are solved, even running your augment.
    If you build your DC with a burning weapon + snail or gond-mount, you recieve a nearly broken setup, even wearing an augment.
    My DC was lev 2.6 few weeks ago, running content for boons and refining some radiant enchant plus farming some gear, he now unlocked mSVA today and will head for new mods weaponset.
    There is no low level DC in case he plays this game.
    If you talk of a guildless player, who only logs on at the weekend doing dailies for 2 hours, sure , that´s a player who will never run endcontent, buts that´s not the player this game should be from interest tbh. And I also think that´s not the average player in NWO, who should be the measuring stick for improvements/balance issues.
    rapo973 said:

I've one problem only: I don't understand where this discussion is going.
    I wait for the changes to go live and assess the situation at later stage. I agree that many things must be fixed, but I'm not sure that this is the right place/moment to discuss them.
    I regret to say that the devs are missing the opportunity for a deeper review of the DC class. The upcoming changes have a narrow scope: give the healers builds more damage when soloing, nerf the mitigation part of AA and find a (decent?) compromise to solve the AP generation dilemma.
    This is a trial&error problem solving approach:

[wiki]
    Trial and error is characterised by repeated, varied attempts which are continued until success, or until the agent stops trying. It has a number of features:

solution-oriented: trial and error makes no attempt to discover why a solution works, merely that it is a solution.
    problem-specific: trial and error makes no attempt to generalize a solution to other problems.
    non-optimal: trial and error is generally an attempt to find a solution, not all solutions, and not the best solution.
    [/wiki]

The OPs know very well how far this approach can go.
    Probably they will take into account the consequences on the overall "ecosystem" only if and when another wave of fact-based complains starts.

fede#6678 said:

45 seconds is the base cooldown. As written by @dreadnaught#5263 "45-second cooldown (can be shortened with cooldown reduction)". At 24 CHA, 13 INT and 16k recovery the cooldown is ~ 23 seconds.

The rework of classes is sloppy and unthought, that´s what I can witness with all classes I run.
    They allways miss the oppotunitiy to do things right and invest some more time.
    So there has to be a discussion about balance and needed improvements same as nervs to some powers.
    The "Bubble-Argument" some player mention is a pretty flat one, saying: " I need that Daily to be from interest, otherwise I fail and won´t get into a party any more, buhu. Please don´t take my toy because I don´t know how to dodge.." :)
    If those arguement were taken for real, we would still stick with ITF spending >100% damageincrease + Pally Bubble.
    The rework of classes that started some mods ago was ment to balance classes and also fix broken aspects/buffs, now it´s the spot on the DC class, wich is a core issue, concerning super buffs and brokeneness.

I voted for fixes and rework and tone down/balance of all my classes, same as I voted for viablity of all paragons and trees.
    Warlock is one tree that dominates (fury), at least they revived the HB paragon. The class is more in line, misses some dps maybe.
    I voted for fixes and balance of my GF (ITF was silly broken). GF is viable in all trees and paragons but has a very strong Conqueror path at higher IL.

And DC...hm AC/DC rightous 4ever?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

nickjdowe said:

This comment:

lol.

The game has to be able to support parties that are 1 healer 1 tank and 3 DPS. There are not enough tanks or healers to support balance that forces you to have 2 tanks or 2 healers in a five man dungeon.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Let's put it this way, keep AA as it is and make HG give imunity to damage to everyone, forget about the control imunity and makeit more or less compensate the fact that AA may unstack, i think i said enough.
    urabask said:

lol.

The game has to be able to support parties that are 1 healer 1 tank and 3 DPS. There are not enough tanks or healers to support balance that forces you to have 2 tanks or 2 healers in a five man dungeon.

Game amount of classes is not a excuse to make a DC take the place of a tank.

edited February 2017

Let's put it this way, keep AA as it is and make HG give imunity to damage to everyone, forget about the control imunity and makeit more or less compensate the fact that AA may unstack, i think i said enough.

urabask said:

lol.

DC doesn't have to take the place of a tank. It's just not reasonable to expect parties to have composition like nickjdowe is suggesting. Glass cannon builds aren't going anywhere because they can't suddenly change dungeon design without pulling another mod 6 and the game won't survive something like that.

Now we're basically looking at slightly less suriviability and more damage with AA+HG. If you're not sitting on red circles this should actually increase your success rate.
    I8r4ux9.jpg

urabask said:

lol.

Was it not clear when I said dungeons should be able to support a party of 1 tank 1 healer and 3 DPS? The types of party compositions that nickjdowe was suggesting would just make it more difficult to make parties to run content.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

urabask said:

lol.

Was it not clear when I said dungeons should be able to support a party of 1 tank 1 healer and 3 DPS? The types of party compositions that nickjdowe was suggesting would just make it more difficult to make parties to run content.
    No you were not very clear, If you meant: "There are not enough tanks or healers to support a playstile that forces you to have 2 tanks or 2 healers in a five man dungeon.", the fact that people run dungeons with 2 tanks is mostly by a mist of security and buffs with little or no prejudice, so by your tought a DC must be very powerfull even as righteous to grant enough security and buff and avoid the need for a second tank, that is a problem of buffs and what needs to be solved is the interaction between the tanks buff/protection to make 2 tanks a bad choice in a dungeon and also content balance, not to make DC so powerfull that DPS can simply walk in aoe's and take axes in the head and smile and tanks can freely DPS, i dont call that balance.
    If i was the one calling out the change AA would grant 40% damage reduction to players, unstackable from all sources, prophecy of doom uncaped debuff( with some tweeking because it would be too powerfull) and terryfing insight would be damage increase and dr debuff or uncaped debuff ( i disagree with their existence but anyway i have mumbled enough about it already), appart from that some people have already mentioned here good changes to other powers to make them viable.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

urabask said:

urabask said:

lol.

No you were not very clear, If you meant: "There are not enough tanks or healers to support a playstile that forces you to have 2 tanks or 2 healers in a five man dungeon.", the fact that people run dungeons with 2 tanks is mostly by a mist of security and buffs with little or no prejudice, so by your tought a DC must be very powerfull even as righteous to grant enough security and buff and avoid the need for a second tank, that is a problem of buffs and what needs to be solved is the interaction between the tanks buff/protection to make 2 tanks a bad choice in a dungeon and also content balance, not to make DC so powerfull that DPS can simply walk in aoe's and take axes in the head and smile and tanks can freely DPS, i dont call that balance.
    If i was the one calling out the change AA would grant 80% power and 40% damage reduction to players, unstackable from all sources, prophecy of doom uncaped debuff( with some tweeking because it would be too powerfull) and terryfing insight would be damage increase and dr debuff or uncaped debuff ( i disagree with their existence but anyway i have mumbled enough about it already), appart from that some people have already mentioned here good changes to other powers to make them viable.
    I never said anything about any of the role of DC in this. The point is that we can't have balance that encourages players to have less than 3 DPS in five man dungeons. DPS makes up too large a portion of the player population and always will so they need to make up the majority of any party.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    urabask said:

urabask said:

urabask said:

lol.

If i was the one calling out the change AA would grant 80% power and 40% damage reduction to players, unstackable from all sources, prophecy of doom uncaped debuff( with some tweeking because it would be too powerfull) and terryfing insight would be damage increase and dr debuff or uncaped debuff ( i disagree with their existence but anyway i have mumbled enough about it already), appart from that some people have already mentioned here good changes to other powers to make them viable.
    I never said anything about any of the role of DC in this. The point is that we can't have balance that encourages players to have less than 3 DPS in five man dungeons. DPS makes up too large a portion of the player population and always will so they need to make up the majority of any party.
    Isn't that what these changes achieve in a roundabout way? It gives the ability for a single (high ilvl) DC to run both AA and HG. Thus a 2nd DC would only provide eFF which means it would be a worse choice than any DPS class.

The loss of AA immunity means you're more likely to want/need a tank to...well to tank...and provide damage mitigation to their team (through things like bubble or what have you) and/or provide further damage mitigation (through things like circle of power) to assist the DC with damage mitigation?

I think these changes do promote a 1 tank, 1 DC, 3 DPS team which is a good thing. As the player/team outlevels the content, group makeup means less and less, but I personally think thats fine. The biggest problem i think is the developers unwillingness to provide more and more difficult content with each mod caused in no small part by a certain % of the playerbase that screams bloody murder whenever they do.