test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: Version: NW.70.20161205a.9

SystemSystem Member Posts: 3,183 Arc User
This discussion was created from comments split from: Key changes.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Patch Notes for maintenance on 1/12. Please note that additional blog with key changes/loot and inventory tab will be made available by the time maintenance is finalized.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10351993-patch-notes:-version:-nw.70.20161205a.9
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    So they can make a spurious declaration that the feedback was considered and where appropriate taken into account.

Hilarious really.

I would be less upset if they just came out said, we are doing this regardless of what the players think, instead of treating us like we are idiots.

I guess we need to vote with our feet / wallets.

I can tell you one thing, I certainly won't be paying for keys to get a try at this game's RNG chances, and I won't be bothering to grind for keys for a shot at those chances unless they are significantly improved.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    rlima18rlima18 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    rotters said:

Im Sorry but are you guys for real? Do you dislike the game this much that you want a lot players to leave? your player stats are going to take a nosedive following this. honestly...I dont know what you guys think your doing.

+1
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    lantern22 said:

So they can make a spurious declaration that the feedback was considered and where appropriate taken into account.

I think they were talking about he rage from the announcement last year that caused the rework. Not that they considered the feedback from the testing since the new system was introduced to preview.

Either way, no one has had time to test this and im confident the key concern that the loot did not warrant the cost of a key was not addressed. Noone is going to farm a half hour worth of zone currency to access a second chest.

It's a brilliant move really, we will remove almost all the dungeons and keep pvp unbalanced. Wait their still playing, okay lets start charging to run a dungeon.

Heaven help you if you dont have VIP, since 5k for a key is barely profitable either.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Oh I see. We pretend to solve an issue and get the community involved after a major screwjob just to rush through a lackluster system. Thanks for nothing really.

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Understand this, Cryptic: I am one of very many who are never going to run Masters' Svardborg AT ALL, EVER if my keys are always going to be consumed and you don't give us a way to earn orange marks independent of the RNG. You stuck us with a maximum of 5 keys per chest. There is, in my experience, about 1 legendary mark drop per 12-15 chests. We have no control over whether it's a mark that we want or don't want. Only the RNG, and not time spent grinding, or campaign currencies, or anything else, helps us to get orange marks. That is a terrible design. It is a worthless design that makes the content pointless. So nice try, but don't micturate on my leg and tell me it's raining. I'm not going to runt he same boring content to get the last 1/3 of 1% of the stats on my weapons. This is because I'm not OCD or otherwise mentally ill.

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @feanor70118 also don't forget that you can grind only one Arcane Brotherhood key per day. No fishing or mindless HE's to get many keys a day.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    How I did not create any expectations I'm not feeling frustrated! In fact, I stopped expecting something from Cryptic for a long time. Just hope even new IPs and "good night NWO".
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    I am posting this mostly to refer to this in a few months.

This is horrible change. People are going to run less content and be more frustrated. I think you all are really going to regret this change. Have we already forgotten Mod 6 and the feedback you were given then?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    in my other post, i sealed my wallet, refusing to pay for scam that supporting RNG. they need to restricted for lockboxes, not for gambling rng format on adventures and dungeon runs.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk

Must be what nitocris83 did after posting this thread lol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    For some reason I assumed they would implement the "improved" drop-rate, get players to evaluate it, and then push the key-change.

That way, players would have experienced the new, "improved" drops, and (hopefully) be fine with the key-change...

That's the way I would have done it, but yeah, whatever...
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Where is Andy right now?

I feel lost.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I'm so glad I skipped doing the SVA & MSVA, so I'm not trapped in that HAMSTER up hamster wheel for marks with the new key changes. Looks like I won't be needing any campaign keys or legendary keys in the future.
  • Options
    swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    sickening-just sickening
  • Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I just really disappointed in the "improved communication" with the player base. Not a word, just drop the changes a week later. @nitocris83, what is up with that? I know you will probably take a lot of abuse over this change, and it isn't your fault, but how can this game foster a fun welcoming environment to players, when the players concerns and opinions are treated with such contempt?

Every time someone new comes in, we think it'll be different. And then, I guess, we set ourselves up for disappointment.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    thanks god, finally something to do in this game again! :)
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I think pushing these changes today is premature and a mistake. The current format looks like its gonna drive people away from the game because its to expensive to get new keys or it takes to much grind to get them. With these limited options our keys will be equally limited and so will our dungeon runs be.

These changes will most likely create a downward spiral that pushes the players away.

And whats up with the rushing? You clearly stated that you're going thru our feedback and still you run us over by just pushing these changes out so soon?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

Wait, you guys are pushing the preview live this week? Have you lost your freaking minds? You say you are reviewing the feedback given across multiple threads, yet you still push this forward.

@nitocris83 - I would like for you to sit down with @mimicking#6533 and have big long think about what "reviewing feedback" means to you. And what it might mean to the player base. Because when we think about reviewing feedback, it means we hold off on changes until the feedback has been reviewed, and adjusted accordingly.

Where are the changes, where is the details from you? No where. Instead, as always, the devs have asked for feedback, ignore it completely, and then pushed the original change onto us. We've been asking for you to come to the table and listen to us, to stop repeating the mistakes you've been making with past changes or "updates". MimincKing gets back on the scene, we have a new CM and are told that yes, we are listening.

This update shows 100% that you've done the same old, the complete opposite of what you have promised you'd start doing. And we are getting tired of it.

Pretty much exactly this. 1 week is not enough to review feedback. As per previous communications with devs it takes like 2 weeks to even get changes made and through internal testing except in the most extreme circumstances. So obviously you guys have done nothing. @nitocris83, as someone else said, you are going to take a lot of flak for this even though it wasn't your call, but seriously, we have put up with this HAMSTER for years now and it is incredibly tiring. Hopefully your experience at Disney taught you that this is not a good way to roll out anything and you can try and convince your bosses that they are being idiots (which is really hard to do, I'm sorry)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    lol thank's for listening mwhahahah

Cool now 5% of the game "population" will play SVA, all of those who don't have the purple weapons say byeeee !

You're creating the content and than making sure less and less players actually run it. Again and again we hear that you have limited resources and all that HAMSTER. If it's true indeed, than why are you wasting them for a stupid change like that?

Listen, you've killed the Gateway, one of the best things ever made in this game. Foundry is dead for what? more than a year I guess. And now you're killing dungeons? Dragons are long dead so I have no idea what' even left in this game lol.

All the feedback, negative mostly have been completely ignored and yet you have the balls to step in here and say you've listened? HAMSTER greedy liars, that's what you are :D

Yeap, you're definitely have no clue how to make money and how to make your customers happy.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    There seems to be a (lets be honest, unsurprising) disparity between what you think will keep people playing, and what the players think.
    Having heard that a certain player has run CN 40+ times on preview with no hint of a meaningful drop (essentially 300 times if you consider 5 in the party) suggests strongly that your drop rate increases are impotent.
    Exactly what is going to entice me to spend my money/play more/recommend?
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    It's quite simple and they're pushing it to the max.

You either pay them for playing or GTFO. Last straw was made in SVA, where there are 3 chests and none of them can be opened with a VIP key.
    I fail to grasp who in a sane mind will grind for one key per day only to get a bound mark that he does not need lol!

Of course there will still be people that will buy ZEN shop keys, that's their goal right?

Few times being said, and I will repeat once more, this game is not worth paying for. IMHO whoever is paying them real money for this HAMSTER is plain irrational.

Gateway was canned to free up server and dev resources. So yeah...now we have an effect of these free resources lmao.

And BTW @nitocris83 and @mimicking#6533 thanks for giving us same old HAMSTER like all your predecessors.
    Keep up the good work.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I hope that the blog post include a good suprise like free legendary keys each day or with VIP. Otherwise, very dissapointed again. New people same history.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    It's pretty simple.

For now i'm going to use all the keys I crafted in advance and then never going back to play this game.

After 3 years playing it I never thought it was going to end like this.
This discussion has been closed.