test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin Changes (Sea of Moving Ice)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Sure, on top of that you apply a single target debuff of up to 30% plus bonus damage from aura of courage (2-3k damage per swing)..

You really don't have a clue about how much damage Aura of Courage really does apparently. Maybe you should look into that. Especially with regards to GWF's. It's quite a bit, since all their damage increasing buffs apparently increase it.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

Sure, on top of that you apply a single target debuff of up to 30% plus bonus damage from aura of courage (2-3k damage per swing)..

You really don't have a clue about how much damage Aura of Courage really does apparently. Maybe you should look into that. Especially with regards to GWF's. It's quite a bit, since all their damage increasing buffs apparently increase it.

As I understand it, it applies 1.3% of the OP's HP as a flat damage increase. If you have a better understanding then please explain it rather than saying ""it's quite a bit". This implies you 'believe' it's more but have no empirical proof or understanding.

I'm quite open to being wrong and having someone state the correct information but that's not what you've done. Also from what I've seen from statements made by more knowledgeable people, the GWF receives the least bonus from AoC due to it's high dmg per hit, whereas low damage ticks from the likes of Icy Terrain and Pillar of Power do better.

But as I said, do please prove me wrong rather than just say "you're wrong" because as I understand it, you are the one that's wrong but at least I've stated how I believe it works.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Another thing to note is that in party, your power is also buffed, you can reach 170-180k power in group content and that is a big share with Aura of Gifts. My conclusion is that both OP and GF are very similar in BIS status with their contributions to the party, and both classes being different. And thats good for the game.

If we all agree that 1 class is far superior to other we have an underpowered and undesired class, this is not the case, and is better for the game.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

As I understand it, it applies 1.3% of the OP's HP as a flat damage increase. If you have a better understanding then please explain it rather than saying ""it's quite a bit". This implies you 'believe' it's more but have no empirical proof or understanding.

I'm quite open to being wrong and having someone state the correct information but that's not what you've done. Also from what I've seen from statements made by more knowledgeable people, the GWF receives the least bonus from AoC due to it's high dmg per hit, whereas low damage ticks from the likes of Icy Terrain and Pillar of Power do better.

But as I said, do please prove me wrong rather than just say "you're wrong" because as I understand it, you are the one that's wrong but at least I've stated how I believe it works.
    I have seen GWFs hit ticks of AoC at 111k and up to 1/4 of their total damage to give you an example of your ignorance.
    Get ACT and do some testing. You can do the leg work yourself thanks. You're a big boy I think. I'm not here to prove anything just shoot over a comment you are wrong in case you want to see the truth for yourself.

Point is for others, AOC does a lot more damage than some people think.

• Options

Another thing to note is that in party, your power is also buffed, you can reach 170-180k power in group content and that is a big share with Aura of Gifts. My conclusion is that both OP and GF are very similar in BIS status with their contributions to the party, and both classes being different. And thats good for the game.

If we all agree that 1 class is far superior to other we have an underpowered and undesired class, this is not the case, and is better for the game.

Agreed, the classes appear to me to be fairly even. The ultimate and really ONLY measuring stick is whether or not each class
    can successfully tank the end game dungeons SVA and FBI and what the time difference is in exact same parties. Without that kind of data, the argument is just a subjective argument based on theory crafting. And really, there is no need for it when the possibility is there for actual data.

And if it come down to a few minutes difference in a run, who really give a hamster anyway? PUGs? Who cares about them?

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

As I understand it, it applies 1.3% of the OP's HP as a flat damage increase. If you have a better understanding then please explain it rather than saying ""it's quite a bit". This implies you 'believe' it's more but have no empirical proof or understanding

Don't have logs on me atm, but I 'believe' a couple things you might want to 'believe' too.
    1) For allies, AoC interacts with certain buffs to make it quite powerful. This is particularly noticeable when you have dedicated support classes offering significant buffs/debuffs.
    2) For allies, AoC is based on the ally's HP not the OP's. So stacking HP only helps your OP AoC ticks, not allies. However, many prot-OPs still stack HP for a variety of reasons, including the one below:

Another thing to note is that in party, your power is also buffed, you can reach 170-180k power in group content and that is a big share with Aura of Gifts.

Aura Gifts only shares "base" power as far as I understand it. As a rule of thumb, it only counts power from sources that don't appear as an icon next to your portrait (many boons/twisted set bonus/brutality ring/rising power ring/protector's camaraderie/companion's gift/augments don't count). Importantly, the OP Oath mechanic (+power from taking damage up to 10% of your HP) does count and is shared. That's one of the driving factors for stacking HP in a power-sharing kind of build.

I haven't re-tested power sharing recently, but I also haven't noticed any major changes since my last testing that would warrant a closer look. I of course encourage everyone to do their own tests.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    dupeks said:

Aura Gifts only shares "base" power as far as I understand it. As a rule of thumb, it only counts power from sources that don't appear as an icon next to your portrait (many boons/twisted set bonus/brutality ring/rising power ring/protector's camaraderie/companion's gift/augments don't count). Importantly, the OP Oath mechanic (+power from taking damage up to 10% of your HP) does count and is shared. That's one of the driving factors for stacking HP in a power-sharing kind of build.

I haven't re-tested power sharing recently, but I also haven't noticed any major changes since my last testing that would warrant a closer look. I of course encourage everyone to do their own tests.

Uff I tested this when the OP was introduced to the game, I have a Justice/aura of gifts paladin since day 1, it is long time ago but I am pretty sure all the power were shared.... Or maybe my tests were wrong, who knows it was long time ago maybe it was even test server... maybe it needs to be rechecked again... If I had more time
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor