What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    History repeats itself....
    Too often here in nw...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I see this as a multi-faceted change.

Players are NOT forced to buy keys with money to run dungeons multiple times no matter how people try to spin it. There are a number of ways to generate Astral Diamonds to buy Legendary dragon keys (x5 for 300Z or about 90k AD/76.5k AD with 15% off coupon. Coupled with multiple characters (lower level dungeons and skirmishes) and or VIP (neither are necessary but helps), the amount of AD that can be obtained daily increases which opens the door for extra keys. You see what happens is players get into a groove then panic & complain when things change without even attempting to adapt and utilize the in-game tools they have available (and "should already be) but rather take to being outraged/being lazy. Taking about an hour to get 5 Legendary Dragon keys? That's a small amount of effort for more dungeon>open chest runs.

If players want to run the dungeons for the keys they create through the campaign and get off for the day that is their choice. The other side of this change is if players only want to run those created key dungeons, the time they would have been spending running those dungeons multiple times and saving the key until they find loot that they want can be spent running daily quests (you know, the ones that give you the currency to make the keys in the first place?) and Stronghold quests, both of which that would help advance their Guild and give players tangible rewards NOT based on RNG (Guild boons, structures, etc).

Guilds/Alliances are a major part of the game and players are seemingly moving focus away from them (if they have not already). Again the other side of this change is players could even save their keys for the weekend and during the week run the different campaign zones for currency for their Guild's coffer.

You got it all wrong my friend...
    At the very best i can make 40000 DA per day per character daily and it takes some considerable time (1h/1h30), and you are telling me i should do that with others characters ?

I should quit my job and stop taking care of my wife and kids and dedicate myself 5h a day to save da for eventually buying 5 keys oO ?

You realise you need the DA for so many more things ?
    Buy better pets, better runes, better enchants, buy marks, buy refinement stones, buy insigna, buy artifacts feeders, buy vip, ect, ect, ect...
    You know how it works i don't have to keep going so NO there is no way in hell i'm farming DA to have the right to open a chest that already should be granted to me because i finished the dunjeon.

No this is just Cryptic perfectly knowing that and they dont give a HAMSTER about people that play for free, they want you to throw money in pixels virtuals keys and even when you do that you still earn hamster

So tell me before the change, you didn't use keys if it was HAMSTER and dont feeled robbed (exept time consumed).
    Now you have to farm or pay for keys and still get HAMSTER...
    How is that fair ?

You read what's going on preview, drops suks hard just like before, the only difference is that you now have to pay for it...

Why would i even consider put a cent in these keys when there is 99,9% chance that by opening an enchanted chest i'll earn something not awsome but decent without doing 30 min of CN or elol for the 300th time ?

Plus we need the campaign currency for the guilds mimics too...

An other huge problem if you want to play "for free", you realise to make a key you need many things but GOLD 3 to 5 golds is insanely expansive...

You know gold don't drop from sky... You can make something like 5 or 10 gold per day grand max if you play hours... That is a HUGE problem...

Not for me because i'm 3k i don't need potions at all, i use gold for enchants removing and enchants crafting.
    But lower lvl players need that gold to heal themselves and other things
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

Players are NOT forced to buy keys with money to run dungeons multiple times no matter how people try to spin it. There are a number of ways to generate Astral Diamonds to buy Legendary dragon keys (x5 for 300Z or about 90k AD/76.5k AD with 15% off coupon. Coupled with multiple characters (lower level dungeons and skirmishes) and or VIP (neither are necessary but helps), the amount of AD that can be obtained daily increases which opens the door for extra keys. You see what happens is players get into a groove then panic & complain when things change without even attempting to adapt and utilize the in-game tools they have available (and "should already be) but rather take to being outraged/being lazy. Taking about an hour to get 5 Legendary Dragon keys? That's a small amount of effort for more dungeon>open chest runs.

If players want to run the dungeons for the keys they create through the campaign and get off for the day that is their choice. The other side of this change is if players only want to run those created key dungeons, the time they would have been spending running those dungeons multiple times and saving the key until they find loot that they want can be spent running daily quests (you know, the ones that give you the currency to make the keys in the first place?) and Stronghold quests, both of which that would help advance their Guild and give players tangible rewards NOT based on RNG (Guild boons, structures, etc).

Guilds/Alliances are a major part of the game and players are seemingly moving focus away from them (if they have not already). Again the other side of this change is players could even save their keys for the weekend and during the week run the different campaign zones for currency for their Guild's coffer.

At the very best i can make 40000 DA per day per character daily and it takes some considerable time (1h/1h30), and you are telling me i should do that with others characters ?

I should quit my job and stop taking care of my wife and kids and dedicate myself 5h a day to save da for eventually buying 5 keys oO ?

You realise you need the da for so much things ?
    Buy better pets, better runes, better enchants, buy marks, buy refinement stones, buy insigna, buy feeders, ect, ect, ect...
    You know how it works i don't have to keep going so NO there is no way in hell i'm farming da to have the right to open a chest that already should be granted to me because i finished my dunjeon.

No this just Cryptic perfectly knowing that and they dont give a HAMSTER about people that play for free, they want you to throw money in pixels virtuals key and even when you do that you still earn hamster

So tell me before the change, you didnt use keys if it HAMSTER and dont feel robbed (exept time consumed).
    How is that fair ?
    The game was the same before the key change. The difference is now every chest has a chance to drop a multitude of items that are unbound and worth 100k+.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited January 2017
    urabask said:

diloul31 said:

Buy better pets, better runes, better enchants, buy marks, buy refinement stones, buy insigna, buy feeders, ect, ect, ect...
    You know how it works i don't have to keep going so NO there is no way in hell i'm farming da to have the right to open a chest that already should be granted to me because i finished my dunjeon.

No this just Cryptic perfectly knowing that and they dont give a HAMSTER about people that play for free, they want you to throw money in pixels virtuals key and even when you do that you still earn hamster

So tell me before the change, you didnt use keys if it HAMSTER and dont feel robbed (exept time consumed).
    How is that fair ?
    The game was the same before the key change. The difference is now every chest has a chance to drop a multitude of items that are unbound and worth 100k+.
    Ok... Keep telling yourself fairy tales about drops rates...
    You checked YT ? There is no drops...
    Going from 0.01 % chance to 10 times that 0.1% chance change nothing at all..

I'm not here to destroy the game, Cryptic is doing that by itself...

You want to be the one guy that have it right when everyone else think different good for you.

Enjoy you peridot in a chest opened by a buyed key.
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

urabask said:

diloul31 said:

How is that fair ?

You want to be the one guy that have it right when everyone else think different good for you.

I've gotten 3 rare unbound mounts, a Bear Cub, Waters of Elhazad, an Astral Deva, Shard of Orcus's Wand and an Epic Greater belt of Seldarine. I've gotten a Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation and epic Rust Monster bound. This is over three days (6-10 dungeons a day) and aside aside from the bear they all dropped from epic dungeon chests. The drop rates on these items themselves may be relatively low (I've yet to get a duplicate), but getting a drop from the enormous loot table they're part of is actually pretty high. Honestly this is one of the better changes Cryptic has made because it encourages people to run dungeons. Anyone that hasn't seen anything positive come out of this is either not in a guild or isn't running dungeons.

Heck, I had a guildmate get a rare air archon from VT. That's 700k from a T1 that you can get the campaign chest from easily and takes all of seven minutes to complete.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Since this update I ran some dungeons and skirmishes to see what really changed, so here my experiances:
    In CN I got one of the new masks( nice for a tank alt) and an artefakt from the epic key chest(different runs), which used to be one purple salvage item at best b4 and some seals/fearzess, and seriously, epic keys I calculate with the value of zero, so its a full win (the first one a day per toon is completely free from the dwarf in PE, if you have forgotten about him, and I get 3 more per day per char from VIP, but VIP already pays for itself with the enchanted keys and the enhanced salvage values alone)(I don´t have the time to run more than 4 dungeons a day, otherwise, my impression might be different).
    On the collection screen we can see that the epic key chests of lesser dungeons now can drop items which are on par with the unempowered vivified relic gear...
    The greater demonic key chest... either multiple purple salvage items, or rank 8 runestones(2x due to event), one bloodlords visage...didn´t do the maths if it would´ve been worth a legendary dragon key, but with greater demonic keys(from fearzess, farmed during double currency events) I haven´t had a result I wouldn´t have taken anyway if I still had the choice.
    Also ran an elol and some esot: at first glance stuff as usual some salvage and some resonance or thaumaturgic stones...no jackpots...then I noticed it: the refinement items were unbound. No more bound to character resonance stones an chars with maxed artefact gear, rotting forever in the last bag. Thats one of the things I asked to be changed in one of the earlier feedback threads, and I am most pleased^^.
    Again I didn´t do the maths vs the value of legendary dragon keys, but for campaign currency keys...take.
    FBI has always been a gamble, so no real change there.
    Now esva... some orange marks, might have increased their droprate, but not enough runs to be sure, more purple rings than b4 I think, one acolyte of kelemvor comp(green quality)...still thats the one place I found so far where some of my "keys"(reputation with factions mostly) were spent on rewards I wouldn´t have taken b4.

Now since it seems to be uncool to post here without bashing the devs so: imho sheduleing the "mysterious charger" event after the prolonged simril event was a very bad idea: you´ve only given ppl the opportunity to buy it for 600000 AD, then find out its going price on the auction house is 150000(last time I checked) and experiance the sensation of having screwed up big time, which might result in rage quitting.

• cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have to say I am with urabask and fogcrow. I have see in increase of some good stuff drop. The only thing I ask is that the price of legendary keys should drop to around 150 for 5. Also we should get a choice of which key gets use instead of forcing us to use the legendary key even though we have a campaign key.
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

If "you" (players in general) want more AD per day utilizing multiple characters can make it happen. Your personal life takes precedence of course but I'm pretty sure you know that players that have more time to dedicate can accomplish more within the same time frame.

I have timed my AD gains multiple times on multiple characters and can max out the RAD refining in about an hour (as previously posted).
    diloul31 said:

You realise you need the DA for so many more things ?
    Buy better pets, better runes, better enchants, buy marks, buy refinement stones, buy insigna, buy artifacts feeders, buy vip, ect, ect, ect...
    You know how it works i don't have to keep going so NO there is no way in hell i'm farming DA to have the right to open a chest that already should be granted to me because i finished the dunjeon.

No this is just Cryptic perfectly knowing that and they dont give a HAMSTER about people that play for free, they want you to throw money in pixels virtuals keys and even when you do that you still earn hamster
    It's called prioritizing. If "you" don't want to accrue additional AD (to fund keys, feeders, etc.) that is "your" choice, just know that you are consciously limiting yourself to opening chests equal to the number of keys you craft and the number of the things you listed that will be available to purchase. Professions can also grant AD and can be set and run even while not playing the game, if players consciously look over professions, again, they are limiting their AD gain. Players don't have to buy keys with money, like previously there are a number of ways to gain AD which can be converted to Zen, it takes more effort of course but doesn't require real money.
    diloul31 said:

Plus we need the campaign currency for the guilds mimics too...

An other huge problem if you want to play "for free", you realise to make a key you need many things but GOLD 3 to 5 golds is insanely expansive...

You know gold don't drop from sky... You can make something like 5 or 10 gold per day grand max if you play hours... That is a HUGE problem...

Not for me because i'm 3k i don't need potions at all, i use gold for enchants removing and enchants crafting.
    But lower lvl players need that gold to heal themselves and other things
    The "main" campaigns (Icewind Dale, Tyranny of Dragons, Dread Ring, Sharandar, Underdark) have multiple daily quests, more than enough to eventually get boons and then be able to use that currency strictly for keys and the Guild mimic.

Once a character hits level 60 gold doesn't drop from the sky, it "falls off of mobs"... You see all those green items that pop out? Identify them and sell them to vendors for silver (which can quickly amount to gold) or refine them into artifact equipment (lessening the need for refinement stones). I can make 10+ gold in an hour doing the same things I have been doing anyway. Again, prioritizing is key here, injury kits and potions can be bought with AD and the gold saved for campaign tasks...

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

Essentially with the dungeon key changes the amount of time doing what is what is going to make or break the opportunities players have when playing this game, balance is key here. Doing just enough to make keys is going to hurt Guild progression, doing more daily quests will allow for more Guild coffer input (which leads to higher ranked structures, boons, etc.), so forth and so on. Players will no longer be able to do things the same way and achieve the same amount with the same amount of effort.

With the "preview" videos, comments, posts, etc. some players have gotten quality items but for the most part dungeons have not been ran consistently enough (that I have seen) to even be able to begin to negatively criticize the changes, in other words 1-2 runs isn't going to prove or disprove much of anything. I have seen a number of quality drops that could be refined/sold and the players say things like "nothing good", with that being stated players are essentially overlooking the obvious and claiming it to be bad (just like the lockbox videos, a lot of those things that came out could be sold for considerable amounts of AD).
    Post edited by trinity706#8838 on
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User

Just because it's reasonable to farm AD for Legendary Dragon Keys doesn't make them viable. You're losing most of their value during a run and are much better off spending the AD elsewhere. And even if: In what world does it make sense to farm on multiple chars to be able to run a couple more dungeons per day. Like the list of things to do is not already extraordinary long...
    edited January 2017
    kalindra said:

You have some idea how long that takes?
    You won't get more trials at some dungeon this way.
    Btw.: my alts demand their own time and AD for their own development, they aggravate the problem, don't mitigate it.

I do actually , takes me about an hour on a character and some trade house sales to make enough AD to buy 5+ keys if I so choose. Legendary dragon keys open pretty much any chest.

One of the things that comes with having more than one character is that players must spread play time, resources and progression to other characters (similar to a person with multiple jobs, they bring in more money but have less time for things other than sleep). Early on while playing Neverwinter I invested in multiple characters and got them to a point where they can generate considerable amounts of AD and I have streamlined my processes to maximize time and AD gain.
    kalindra said:

Besides that those players usually have rank 20 guilds and play not with guildmates but members of the 4K Zerg,

I mean if players refuse to help their Guildmates that's a problem within itself. The high ilvl players didn't start that way and the lower ilvl players cans still reach higher ilvls with effort.
    loboguild said:

Just because it's reasonable to farm AD for Legendary Dragon Keys doesn't make them viable. You're losing most of their value during a run and are much better off spending the AD elsewhere. And even if: In what world does it make sense to farm on multiple chars to be able to run a couple more dungeons per day. Like the list of things to do is not already extraordinary long...

It's viable if players want to run multiple dungeons to open the chests at the end, if not they can farm the Boss and hope that something good drops. My posts contain suggestions to bypass buying keys with real money which a number of players claim is the only way to open multiple chests. Pretty much players are faced with a number of choices and their course of action will determine what they will be capable of doing and how much they can do it.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

It's a MMO, things are supposed to take time and the things to do should very well be long. Seemingly what happens is players pick out what they want to do and expect it to cover everything else all the time. Again, with the dungeon key change the same amount of effort before will NOT yield the same amount in return. Players have been depending on the crutch and if it goes away, those who choose to continue playing can adapt, not adapt and consciously limit themselves by not putting in a bit more effort or spend real money. I would choose to adapt if I hadn't already put myself in a position to generate considerable amounts of AD to run multiple dungeons if I choose to.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    urabask said:

diloul31 said:

urabask said:

diloul31 said:

How is that fair ?

I've gotten 3 rare unbound mounts, a Bear Cub, Waters of Elhazad, an Astral Deva, Shard of Orcus's Wand and an Epic Greater belt of Seldarine. I've gotten a Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation and epic Rust Monster bound. This is over three days (6-10 dungeons a day) and aside aside from the bear they all dropped from epic dungeon chests. The drop rates on these items themselves may be relatively low (I've yet to get a duplicate), but getting a drop from the enormous loot table they're part of is actually pretty high. Honestly this is one of the better changes Cryptic has made because it encourages people to run dungeons. Anyone that hasn't seen anything positive come out of this is either not in a guild or isn't running dungeons.

Heck, I had a guildmate get a rare air archon from VT. That's 700k from a T1 that you can get the campaign chest from easily and takes all of seven minutes to complete.

well this gives me hope.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    urabask said:

Wow...unbound mounts and companions...no one got enough of theese from winterfest..oh wait.
    And do you really think prices will be 700k for air archon or any "good" stuff? Prices will dropp very soon and they will get very low. Maybe we have to talk when prices are down as hell.
    But...check my last post. 17 MSVA runs: 1 Uvar and one account bound companion. serious?
    Its so obvious that cryp wanna force us to spend money for keys. For what? For 1 uvar from 17 runs? sure..

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited January 2017

" Players are not forced to buy keys "

That i agree with.

" There are a number of ways to generate Astral Diamonds to buy Legendary dragon keys (x5 for 300Z or about 90k AD/76.5k AD with 15% off coupon. Coupled with multiple characters (lower level dungeons and skirmishes) and or VIP (neither are necessary but helps), the amount of AD that can be obtained daily increases which opens the door for extra keys.

Okay.
    First of all.
    If your solution is to wait for a coupon drop, that already says something about the state of this game.
    Second of all.

Time is money.
    I do not have time, to run all of my alts any more, to buy Zen, to get 5 keys.

I already do my dailies diligently ,in the Sea of moving ice, afterwards i do my dailies in Bryn , Lonelywood and Cold run.
    Afterwards there is something called " influence runs and dragon runs " , something that should be done for the benefit of the guild and not just yourself. Not to mention people still need clerics so helping your guildies run their once a day dungeon with their free key already started.

I guess you on the other hand do have enough time to grind them and dailies.
    And do 2 dungeons and 2 skirmish on all of your characters.
    And collect the currencies on them as well, in order to get the keys.
    And i salute you for that.
    Unfortunately i am not that lucky. I have 2 real life jobs , and that comes first.
    You know, after eating and sleeping . Paying bills.. and Et cetera.

You see what happens is players get into a groove then panic & complain when things change without even attempting to adapt and utilize the in-game tools they have available (and "should already be) but rather take to being outraged/being lazy. Taking about an hour to get 5 Legendary Dragon keys? That's a small amount of effort for more dungeon>open chest runs.

Having VIP should not be a requirement to run dungeons in a free to play game.
    Getting legendary keys should not be a requirement . Right ?

Not everyone have VIP.
    That my dear user , means they get one free key a day and then they have to buy other epic keys for 5 k AD.
    You can refine 36 k a day on one character.
    So please do tell me, how many chars do you need to have to run little dungeons in order to get 150 k.
    Cos lets face it, you do not always get a coupon for 15 % discount when you need it.

And even if you get it, who says you actually do have AD sitting in your bank, to be used , until the coupon expires?
    I know plenty of players who do not even have 50 k AD sitting in their bank right now.
    How many new players in your guild have only 1 character ?
    Even a better question. How many of them are unhappy and waiting for a change or they will leave ?

Since Grinding the same old content for days , the content you already did and finished 3 years ago, is not my idea of fun. This grind is tedious for me.

Making this kind of changes in mod 10 is rude.
    If you wanted to set up rules , you do not do it in the middle of a business meeting. That would be irresponsible to the customers who went to that meeting expecting something completely different.
    It would been a bigger risk of losing them. Since they do not need to agree to your terms and conditions. They cna leave and do business with someone else.
    No, you do it at the begging.

We or at-least some of us, already did all of the zones already .
    We got them to 100 % . And some to 200 % .
    Why the HAMSTER do i need to grind them all over again ?
    What should be my motivation ?

After 4 years of playing this game and getting all of my campg. to 100 % / 200 % so i can do dungeons, as an end content player , i will go back to grind Dread Ring and Underdark, Icewind dale and Shar. to make keys ? Or buy them with Zen ? This is supposed to be " fun " ?

I understand grinding the new zone. Fine i will even fish cos i have to.
    I play Neverwinter ; Dungeon & Dragons game, to fish , cos that is what we do.

Hey i have a good idea, lets put a goat simulator in it as well , so we can have some fun while waiting for 24 hours to make a key.

But okay, never mind that, lets pretend for a second it leaves me enough time to do little dungeons on all of my alts and to do 2 big ones ,on my main.
    And then skirmish , or 2 and add influence grind for your guild and heroics for the second chest in MSVA.
    But hey do not forget to go grind that DR for greater marks.
    Bryn for vonblood .
    And FBI for new gear. So much to do , so little time.
    New weapons need to get to at least epic ? GO DO THAT MSVA , it is good for you !

But hey it is supposed to be fun.
    Relaxing while playing your favorite game, since you like it. Right ?
    It is in no way a second job.
    Oh no. We all do it for the HAMSTER and giggles.
    Btw sorry for the long post. I got heated up there.
    It still bothers me to the point ill rather play Subnautica and create stuff while fish are trying to kill me.
    Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

edited January 2017
    ^
    You nailed it !
    I just want to add something very important in your good analys.

For a long time i crafted keys without knowing it costs gold and i never understood why i kept loosing gold without buying anything...
    When i realised crafting keys was the problem, i simply stoped crafting them and i have only one of each since months and I NEVER USE THEM BECAUSE THERE IS BS ONLY IN CHESTS -_-

So for me when the update hits PS4, no more keys at all for me exept demonics.

I find out that it was better to craft the enchant from Shar campaign because it grants you a r8 that worth 50000 rp during double xp, so it's basically 1500000 rp if you do that every day for a month( enought said, pro tip for players whi have time but no money...)
    I prefer to put my gold in something that will pay in the end than in key.

You need a lot of gold to make a key !
    It's a real pain i.t.a exept for Demonic keys lesser and greater

You probably can do it for one or two but that's all unless you are sitting on gold like the LOR, i mean LOTsmauth Dragon...

So in order to make keys, you need to act like a hamster cocoroach grabing everything on the ground to make gold by finding coins and sel crapp "priceless plate" ( lol at that name by the way because of what it worth xD ).
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2017

It's a MMO, things are supposed to take time and the things to do should very well be long. Seemingly what happens is players pick out what they want to do and expect it to cover everything else all the time. Again, with the dungeon key change the same amount of effort before will NOT yield the same amount in return. Players have been depending on the crutch and if it goes away, those who choose to continue playing can adapt, not adapt and consciously limit themselves by not putting in a bit more effort or spend real money. I would choose to adapt if I hadn't already put myself in a position to generate considerable amounts of AD to run multiple dungeons if I choose to.

Yeah like this is about players that want to have everything the easy way. These times are long gone. Nowadays we want reasonable grind so we can at least finish progression and manage an ALT here and there. Even with multiple hours per day that's not a given. The change affects fellas more or less depending on how they approach the game, but it can't be challenged that it further stalled progression for everyone.

IF the devs took away two encounter slots for GWFs, would you advise them to "adjust" as well and never complain?
    edited January 2017

araneax said:

Okay.
    First of all.
    If your solution is to wait for a coupon drop, that already says something about the state of this game.
    Second of all.

Time is money.
    I do not have time, to run all of my alts any more, to buy Zen, to get 5 keys.

I already do my dailies diligently ,in the Sea of moving ice, afterwards i do my dailies in Bryn , Lonelywood and Cold run.
    Afterwards there is something called " influence runs and dragon runs " , something that should be done for the benefit of the guild and not just yourself. Not to mention people still need clerics so helping your guildies run their once a day dungeon with their free key already started.

I guess you on the other hand do have enough time to grind them and dailies.
    And do 2 dungeons and 2 skirmish on all of your characters.
    And collect the currencies on them as well, in order to get the keys.
    And i salute you for that.
    Unfortunately i am not that lucky. I have 2 real life jobs , and that comes first.
    You know, after eating and sleeping . Paying bills.. and Et cetera.

Having VIP should not be a requirement to run dungeons in a free to play game.
    Getting legendary keys should not be a requirement . Right ?

trinity706 said:

I myself don't have to run "2's" (dungeons, skirmishes, etc.) on all my characters if I don't want to, on some days I do though for the RAD.

The coupon is the difference between 90k AD and 76.5k AD, VIP allows for supplemental AD, Legendary Dragon keys are not required to run a dungeon (just to open a chest, Bosses sometimes drop high value loot as well), again, NONE of these are necessary but help.

And again, AD can quickly be gained in others way other than "2's". If a players has played this game for a while and or on PC they "should" know what I'm referring to, though some players will consciously squander those opportunities yet still complain.
    araneax said:

Since Grinding the same old content for days , the content you already did and finished 3 years ago, is not my idea of fun. This grind is tedious for me.

We or at-least some of us, already did all of the zones already .
    We got them to 100 % . And some to 200 % .
    Why the HAMSTER do i need to grind them all over again ?
    What should be my motivation ?

After 4 years of playing this game and getting all of my campg. to 100 % / 200 % so i can do dungeons, as an end content player , i will go back to grind Dread Ring and Underdark, Icewind dale and Shar. to make keys ? Or buy them with Zen ? This is supposed to be " fun " ?

trinity706 said:

The campaign zones (Icewind Dale - Icewind Pass/Dwarven Valley, Well of Dragons, Dread Ring, Sharandar) will be very important until a Guild reaches rank 20, even then they will continue to be important until all Guilds within an Alliance reach rank 20. It's funny to me when players complain about going to those zones when the currency they contain is REQUIRED to build/upgrade structures in the Stronghold unless there are a LOT of ppl spending money (which my posts state ways to achieve the same effects from in-game efforts).
    loboguild said:

Yeah like this is about players that want to have everything the easy way. These times are long gone. Nowadays we want reasonable grind so we can at least finish progression and manage an ALT here and there. Even with multiple hours per day that's not a given. The change affects fellas more or less depending on how they approach the game, but it can't be challenged that it further stalled progression for everyone.

trinity706 said:

Is the grind not reasonable given the amount of content available? Should the devs stop producing new content just because players feel they haven't completed the older content (which is still relevant and still takes effort)? The dungeon key change PROMOTES the older content (different dungeons supposedly dropping different epic gear pieces, etc.), again the same content that has campaign currency for Guild coffers which will provide Guild boons, etc.

There is a LOT to do in Neverwinter and not many (if any) can run all content everyday in other words, players can't do everything everyday, especially not alone and especially on multiple characters. There's so much that can be done players can pretty much do something different everyday of the week, in other words not get bored doing the same things everyday. What does this mean? Don't set the bar too high, prioritize what you are trying to accomplish and know that what you do or don't do impacts other things.

Pretty much Storm King's Thunder and Sea of Moving Ice content doesn't directly provide Guild coffer currency (that I have seen) yet require a considerable amount of time invested therefore I run daily quests for currency from the zones the coffer needs, I accrue my AD in various ways and then move on to content that doesn't directly benefit the Guild in regard to time invested and reward, in other words I KNOW something will come from daily quests in the older content (vouchers) but "progress" in the newer content isn't guaranteed. Do I expect everyone to follow my suggested courses of action, no, I'm making tangible suggestions/solutions for those who don't want to spend money on keys to run multiple dungeons and also what can be done with the time players have after using their daily crafted keys.

Not to mention events that help alleviate the grind (x2 XP, x2 Astral Diamonds, x2 Profession XP, x2 Enchants & Runestones, x2 Campaign Currency, x2 Influence, etc.) These events can significantly reduce time spent doing a number of things which in turns frees up more time for players to do other things. Pretty much during certain events Dungeons are the least of my concern because that time can be utilized and super charge the results.

• thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Sorry for the "." post. As a console player...I will withhold my opinion until I have something to post an opinion on.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The one good thing is that the change will hit all platforms at once so Cryptic will see the impact on all of them simultaneously.

My guess is that there will be an exodus of players across the board and those responsible will be held accountable by PWE.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Wait are you telling us to farm AD by doing 3men dungeons in order to buy zen keys to do 5men dungeons? LOL
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    armadeonx said:

The one good thing is that the change will hit all platforms at once so Cryptic will see the impact on all of them simultaneously.

My guess is that there will be an exodus of players across the board and those responsible will be held accountable by PWE.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of that change, I do believe I said that before.

But when it comes to gather the feedback, looking at the almighty "datas"Cryptic will find that for the last month, drop rate of the orange rings, pets, artifacts and other goodies went through the roof, thus they will say "gg guys".

I've done some runs, mostly HAMSTER for me I won't lie. I did get a green Cleric Disciple and a Purple Seldarine Artifact.
    So..something IS dropping indeed.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Does it still take a day to make a key? Or did they speed that up like we asked?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

kemi1984 said:

armadeonx said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of that change, I do believe I said that before.

But when it comes to gather the feedback, looking at the almighty "datas"Cryptic will find that for the last month, drop rate of the orange rings, pets, artifacts and other goodies went through the roof, thus they will say "gg guys".

I've done some runs, mostly HAMSTER for me I won't lie. I did get a green Cleric Disciple and a Purple Seldarine Artifact.
    So..something IS dropping indeed.
    Oh woe is me I got 300k AD in drops but that's HAMSTER. Seriously?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    I said mostly...

I agree with something @ironzerg79 wrote a while back. Betting this reward should be possible without a key.
    1st run of the day or Dungeon Delve as we remember it, should have a free chest open.

They key should be a bonus, a BONUS not a requirement, and that's paid one.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    urabask said:

Yes. Cuzz all what you can sell getting more and more worthless. And this is only possible if you got a lot of keys. Or you collected a lot keys with VIP. But why do i must have VIP to run dungeons more than 1 time a day?
    And sry....i got a lot drops too and i got a lot in AH. I can see prices melting every day. So if i say " i got drops for 300k" this can be tomorow only 200k and they day after tomorrow 100k etc....etc...
    But if it comes to legendary marks? This droprate is still hamster as hell. I feel so sry for new players if they wanna get relic weapons.

spideymt said:

urabask said:

Yes. Cuzz all what you can sell getting more and more worthless. And this is only possible if you got a lot of keys. Or you collected a lot keys with VIP. But why do i must have VIP to run dungeons more than 1 time a day?
    And sry....i got a lot drops too and i got a lot in AH. I can see prices melting every day. So if i say " i got drops for 300k" this can be tomorow only 200k and they day after tomorrow 100k etc....etc...
    But if it comes to legendary marks? This droprate is still hamster as hell. I feel so sry for new players if they wanna get relic weapons.
    Until next mod lol.

The value on most items is relatively stable though. They'll adjust to lower than pre-key change values but they'll stabilize.

So the items that are tanking are items that drop from multiple sources e.g. Valindra's Shard/Lostmauth's Horn. They're on the normal dungeon chest loot table, the extra roll against random loot, and in lockboxes. But say Heart of the Blue Dragon will hold steady at 500k AD.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • downesy#8045 downesy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Well thats me done with spending my money on zen this key change is a slap in the face for your players once keys are used up getting rubbish from chests there is no point in playing anymore as there is no chance i am purchasing keys from you now maybe if i ran out of keys from choosing what loot to take i might of got some but no im done! Why dont you make something thats worth purchasing zen for that the players want like an unbind token that allows you to unbind one item from your inventory or something where you can change from character bound item to account bound to change it to your char that you want now that is useful! people will want to spend money then and want to play but this is ruining your fan base listen to the people and dont ignore them make something useful rather then forcing players to spend zen on keys to carry on farming the dungeons they want!
    edited January 2017

Well thats me done with spending my money on zen this key change is a slap in the face for your players once keys are used up getting rubbish from chests there is no point in playing anymore as there is no chance i am purchasing keys from you now maybe if i ran out of keys from choosing what loot to take i might of got some but no im done!

Players primarily focusing on Dungeons and little of the other content is probably PART of the reason for the key change. Similar to how players were power leveling in the Stronghold (seen as exploiting game mechanics?) and parading it around on the internet like skipping about 3/4's of the content by doing so wouldn't be frowned upon.

I could see Cryptic sitting around the table saying "since players want to go straight to 70 without much effort how about we cut the SH XP and offer a lvl 70 character package on the Zen market (which has a pretty good value with what it gives)?".

Same thing with the dungeon key change, "since players want to run Dungeons all day and not engage in other content that is still relevant how about we fix the key bug making dungeons keys be consumed upon opening a chest?"

Dungeon chests are optional, not required, Bosses can drop high value loot as well so if players don't want to buy keys they can farm the Bosses (the Grand 4k players should be able to do 15-20 minute or less runs correct?). 300 Zen for 5 keys (5 more dungeon chests) is still good. Keys are not guaranteed to return value equal to or greater than 300 Zen and this is what a LOT of players fail to realize or consciously overlook (just like lottery tickets, if you buy $300 worth you are NOT guaranteed to get a return of $300 plain and simple).

I'm willing to bet if players had been not been Zerging dungeons, peeking in chests and running them over and over as they had been this change probably wouldn't have happened but since a large portion of the player base were doing so it probably revealed a possible market for it and or a speed bump to encourage older content which it does (older dungeons granting new loot). It's a cat and mouse game, sometimes we the players are the cat, sometimes we are the mouse. Companies/businesses sometimes put things out there and or intentionally leave in vulnerabilities to see the response to it then go back and see if there is a market or if a market can be created from permanently implementing them or fixing a vulnerability, they pretty much do it all the time.

• downesy#8045 downesy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    null
    So what about the players who dont have zen or the money to pay to play which is the way it seems to be going getting to 70 means you have gone through the campaign that they offer done everything thats required all of the quest etc most high end players have done this for the boons so most of the game has been done bar pvp (which is a different path of the game) but now for them to get better theyll need to buy keys and spend the money on hoping to get good drops out of boxes and bosses rarely drop anything decent when have you seen orcus drop anything decent? Best ive seen is a rank 7 all the best stuff drop from the boxes and everyone knows this and this is why theyve changed it to try make to players buy keys so they spend more money but in doing so it has alienated alot of players from the game look at all the comments people don't just pretend to dislike an idea they actually dislike it especially when they say they're not going to do something because they have "listened" to the players then turn around and do it anyway it was never a bug because it has been this way for years they've called it a bug to try and justify the change