test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is the reality of the post-bonding change.

Comments

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

:)
    Noone will leave this game in case cryptic takes away his broken toy.
    I also use the fast and easy way to get content farmed. But if things stay as they are there will be no goal for a player >>3k, and there are a lot.
    Every dungeon has farm-status, and in case someone claims this is a problem of a small minority with endgear, he is wrong.
    I did so many pug runs and even the bad runs did beat that endboss.
    This can´t be considered to be a problem of a minority, if a bunch of miserable equipped player, who do not even manage to play their class adaequat, beat that boss.

'Broken toys', really. How are the old sets 'broken'. Read the tooltip, read the effect. It is the same since Mod 1 (except, that HV does just stack 3 times after a nerf. Short excurse to all those 'experts' crying 'CW was so OP, that they did CN farmruns with 4 CWs'. OP was HV stacking, not the CW).

I know, that English is not my first language, but this is a thing of logic, not grammar. If something is WAI, does not change, how is is suddenly 'broken' ppl using it 'exploiters'.

Who are you guys, that you know better, than the publisher, what is allowed and what is not? Say some effects are to strong, ok. There are valid arguments for some adjustment, but gtfo with this 'exploit' here 'broken' there. This is no argument, but an opinion.

BTW I use HV and HP set and if they nerf it, ok, but until then it is BIS and not 'broken' imo.

No you are right, melting a dragon/Goristo/Orcus in seconds by stacking HV+HP+Ilyanbruen setboni is surely the way things have to be and has to stay for ever in this game and be BIS for a small minority, lol.
    Welcome mod 10 and the next boring speedkill, as though lame and boring threads about the same broken mechanics.
    There are many problems in this game. Lets see, my CW has, without bonding runestones, ~2-5 times the stats a 'random' 2k IL player has. With bondings, snail, mount powers etc. I would say, that he has up to 10x the values a 2k player would have. Lets make WoD CN etc challenging for us and the 2k players be damned, even if 2k is min IL.

The gap between 3k and 4k can be similar (I am not talking about 'OMG my 3k GWF outdpsed a 4.2K PvP GWF, but pure PvE) to the gap between 2k and 3k.

Imo your baseline is invalid, bc without diminishing return it is just math, that the guy with 10x stats does 10x dmg (simplified).

The game, as it is now, has no content, that should be challenging for BIS players, bc otherwise the min ILs would be false. Lets hope for the next Mod. It is wrong, to outgrow the existing content and claim, that the system is broken, bc you outgrew the existing content.

For well geared players the game is a joke, but not bc of HV, HP or one or the other mechanic, but bc of the constant power creep and the lack of content, that has the proper difficulty.

Are there 'broken' things, that imo are not WAI? Yes. HR and SW getting the buffs applied twice. DC stacking. GF ITF buff by outside sources. Buffs that get applied to yourself and your active companion, just to mention the most common ones.

On the other hand, bonding runestones, active companions and old sets are not broken, but WAI. Are they to strong? Maybe. Should they get a rework? I dont know, bc everything available now is not intended for BIS players.

First let them fix the things obviously not WAI. Then let them give us dungeons for our IL. If they are still to easy bc of bonding runestones, HV, HP etc, they should address that and tone them down.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

The pre-Mod 6 sets should have been removed long ago and need to be removed before Mod 10. Have you seen the Fabled SW set in action? You can't tell me that does not need to be toned down right now.

: | AA interaction with bonding runestones makes this look like a joke. We had to ban AA in dragonflight because we'd have spikes where dragons would go from 60%+ health to zero in an instant.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    no, the blame can be placed squarely on the bonding stones and how they refresh the bonding stack every time they attack instead of taking a snapshot of the companion stats when the bonding stack is applied and using that for the next 20 seconds. That is how it worked before and no one ever got to millions of power
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Well, from what we know from comments from Sharpedge, Power is hardcapped at 150k. So, all numbers above that are not relevant. That cap was attainable before the Bonding change.
    thefabricant Posts: 2,624 *
    March 30
    It is also worth noting that power has a hard cap at 150k (from my testing while the warlord's inspiration bug existed). You can stack it above there, but you won't get any returns.

25 cleric tiamat run...
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

urabask said:

I really think you do not understand what I am saying. ITF is boosted by every single DR buff in the party including the OP sigil. In turn, that is being transferred to the other members in the party as bonus damage. There is NO CAP AT ALL. You stack that with DC's Weapons of Light and other debuffs things get really insane. Yes, rewards are bad. Bondings are OP, always have been. A cap on damage from power can help this problem. But, we play this game for fun. Do you really have fun killing bosses in less than 5 seconds?

It's more fun than whacking a damage sponge boss that does nothing interesing for ten minutes and then getting 3k AD and some seals.

And again, not everything that affects DR affects ITF.
    metalldjt said:

@urabask this means that you are accepting broken as an excuse of the bad rewards, which means that you dont care about class balance since you feel that using broken is some sort of payback, which it isn't. Also there are plenty of options besides into the fray that players can choose, both PvE and PvP , and a 20% flat damage is not a bad buff fyi for them to have to remove it from the tray bar if they want to buff the team.

Look, I know you don't care because you don't play the class. The game is broken and piecemeal fixes like you're suggesting just create more problems. They can't take dungeons from 5-15 minute runs to 30-60 minute runs and not make serious adjustments. They can't take the only reason anyone takes a GF in their party and nerf it into the ground and make everything about how you build a GF fairly pointless.

And no PvP should never ever be considered as part of any nerf. Virtually no one plays PvP and the only way it will ever be fixed is if it gets completely seperate balance from PvE. And that's the thing, that would take a whole mod or more which should be dedicated to PvE because that's what brings players into this dying game.

And no there are no other options for GF other than ITF the way the class is balanced now. GFs basically run ITF, enforced threat, and something that deals damage to generate threat. For every single last bit of content. The only time they do something different is when they're attempting an exercise in masturbatory self satisfaction by messing around with Knight's Challenge and Anvil of doom or some nonsense.

Anything else a GF slots is a pointless encounter that buffs DR when they're already capped just from gear and boons or it does pointless amounts of damage/control that are not even worth considering.

And this is just all in the name of "balance" that elusive thing that Cryptic will never achieve but you guys have such a hard on that you're more than happy to shoot yourself in the foot everytime you find a new flavor of the month to get mad about.
    unfortunately iron pointed it out quite well.. :neutral:

playing a GF nowadays is the most boring thing you can do after birdwatching!

we GFs have so many problems running DDs that most of the time we simply give up and use a "standard" power set-up:
    speck: Sword master-tactician
    passives: shield talent-steel defence
    powers: LS-ITF-ET
    at wills: SMS-TI

i have spent 2 mount bonuses to get more speed just to stay close to GWFs/CWs running allways ahead to land the first hit (and most of the times die like flys). and still sometimes i am just the second entering the fight!

i have removed R12s bonding+mimic from my GF and switched to owlbear cub 'cose 107% DR in combat was stupid x me. and still i have 72% DR in combat w/o DCs/OPs buffs! and now i loose aggro when a GWF mark a boss due to a really broken threat mechanic!

i have removed T.Negation and replaced with T.elven 'cose extra DR wasn't needed and control resistance is a greate thing when basically every mobs pack in game can AoE stun.

and finally i am levelling an OP just 'cose i am bored of beeing a potato sack and i want to do something else in a DD..

AND there is still someone asking for GFs nerf?? WTH??

what GFs are supposed to do after this nerf?? ask for party just to run sharandar??

so you whant GWFs/CWs/SWs to remain the same overpowered classes, BUT GFs nerfed to hell to prevent 2% of the playing population to do 8 digits Dmgs..

i have never seen so much selfyness and kildness in my whole life guys..

i am speachless!

note: sry for grammar error if/when..
    Uh ....

Were you responding to my post or Metal's because I was pretty flatout against a massive nerf to GFs. If anything we need a rework so that we're not just there to pop ITF when it's not on cooldown. Personally I still find it fun though because I can help guild/alliancemates get runs together even if they're lower ilvl.

Well, from what we know from comments from Sharpedge, Power is hardcapped at 150k. So, all numbers above that are not relevant. That cap was attainable before the Bonding change.
    March 30
    It is also worth noting that power has a hard cap at 150k (from my testing while the warlord's inspiration bug existed). You can stack it above there, but you won't get any returns.

25 cleric tiamat run...
    This breaks the power stat so it doesn't really mean Sharp is wrong. Idk where he got his info on that 150k being the gap though. People in my guild were post some 300 million damage hits in chat so I'm not sure I really believe it either.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I am glad I lived long enough when a GWF is talkin' about having too much dmg!

Must be some glitch in the Matrix!

Post edited by willson#2163 on
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well I think a ITF cap is coming at some point, its part of the issue, but I still think rank 11 and rank 12 bondings should do 5% increases PER reach rank after perfect, not the 10 and 15 now.. they are still BIS even with that reduction level

March 30

25 cleric tiamat run...
    that was a bug, it created a negative integer #, it had nothing to do with that cap.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Obviously the producers of this game, NEED to give the devs a breather to sort these things out, were getting on each others throats over here and pointing fingers and calling out the classes/powers is not gonna help.

The simplest thing is to make a plea to the upper management that this game needs a fix breather and some serious dev to players communication or this forum is gonna remain a pretty harsh and vocal battlefield and the gamers suffer from bugged/broken stuff more and more.

My suggestion is this we all take a chill pill, including me, and try to get this stuff to the higher ups.

Just a suggestion tho.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Well I think a ITF cap is coming at some point, its part of the issue, but I still think rank 11 and rank 12 bondings should do 5% increases PER reach rank after perfect, not the 10 and 15 now.. they are still BIS even with that reduction level

March 30

25 cleric tiamat run...
    that was a bug, it created a negative integer #, it had nothing to do with that cap.
    Well, if power was hard capped as fabricant thought then having we shouldn't be having the issues we are having right? Fabricant didn't have access to 500k and mil power values so it is hard to apply his testing to this situation, because as evidenced by the Crusader's tests having more power does make a difference. Something is obviously going screwy and it isn't negative interger values
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016

There are also damage buffs and DR debuffs at play. Those do not respect a power cap. ACT tests that include 150k power need to be compared with ones with millions of power to see if there really is a cap.

Just watch that 25 DC tiamat run and build your opinion, start at 5:20 watching a chains instantly killing all mobs (not possible even having 300k power)
    head to 7:00, instant death to the first head...150k power? no way
    Does it look like a propper cap? I don´t think so.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dbg_wAfL4Qc
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I have seen A GF effectively solo all 5 Tiamat heads in one round just like the DC run.

I don´t know what you saw in that run? A GF all heads in one round, solo? No buffs? jagged blade revival?
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

In the end it all comes down to buffs and debuffs. The GF topped the Paingiver with everyone else doing a small fraction of his damage. My bet is everyone else's damage came from the cleric phase mobs and all the GF's came from the heads. My point is that you do not need 25 DCs to one-shot the Tiamat heads.

These are the ACT logs taken by Ayasuke:

Look at the effectiveness, the buffs/debuffs are mild and are nowhere near the 200%+ that I had in my logs. He unsummoned his companion at this point and this was stirctly from having millions of power on his toon. Power does not cap at 150k, that's 100% false.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    When I tested and came to the conclusion there was a hard cap, I was testing at values between 150-220k and there was no noticeable increase in tooltip damage or actual dps, however, I was not testing at values like 50 million. Furthermore, the testing was done using the warlord's inspiration bug to achieve those values and there may have been other issues occurring with warlords inspiration that caused no noticeable damage increase, that power may have not actually been there due to some other bug. When we discovered stacking dcs caused the WoL issues, The problem is, the moment WoL went mad, it scaled your power above the 32 bit integer, so I assumed it was an integer overflow issue. However, if these issues are occurring at less than the 32 bit integer, it appears I was wrong.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I posted in the other thread on this issue, but I'll post it here, too. Our QA team is investigating using the reports and data you guys have provided. Thank you for looking into this.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

I posted in the other thread on this issue, but I'll post it here, too. Our QA team is investigating using the reports and data you guys have provided. Thank you for looking into this.

There is also the problem with Guardian Fighters Into the frey giving 100% of the maxDamageResstance into damage , which i have seen myself a guardian fighter with 95% damage resistance without any buffs, using bondings on a companion with defense slots which the companion had even more defense, when the bonding proccs he gets up to 140%+ DR , there are powers from Devoted Cleric such as Astral Shield and Howling ground that increases Guardian Fighter DR even further .
    so assumin that a Guardian Fighter DR can get up to 300% Damage resistance, so 100% out of 300% Dr is 300% DAMAGE , into the fray is a buff encoutner and everyone around them benefits over it, the buff is not normal , thats why it needs to be tonned down.

my suggestion is to change the encounter and give only 20% more flat damage, instead of being dependend on a stat like it is now 100% out of defense.. But anything works for the damage to be normalized. Thanks for payin attention to the thread.
    Wow, 300% to 20%, thats a mighty leap. Dont get me wrong, it needs to be toned down, but 20% flat is a bad joke. A 3k GF can tank anything atm. The only reason to gear up further in PvE is the ITF buff. Make it static and the whole build becomes obsolete.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited June 2016

There are also damage buffs and DR debuffs at play. Those do not respect a power cap. ACT tests that include 150k power need to be compared with ones with millions of power to see if there really is a cap.

Just watch that 25 DC tiamat run and build your opinion, start at 5:20 watching a chains instantly killing all mobs (not possible even having 300k power)
    head to 7:00, instant death to the first head...150k power? no way
    Does it look like a propper cap? I don´t think so.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dbg_wAfL4Qc
    The problem is weapon of light increasing power by that amount. You can see at start the stacks of weapon of light the user has, and he got no other buffs of dc, except for exaltation, which is only mitigation buff. Probably weapons of light is increasing from power after buffs and not base power. I agree this feat should be fixed by not allowing a stacking. And even if anointed army was being part of this, only 1 Anointed army is applied, and its the most recent one. Power is refreshed by the new anoitned army and if the dc's power was buffed by another buff, then the ridiculous power will be boosted to 50% for everyone else. That is causing the great amount of power.
    That is like the "buffception" someone said for laughs. A buff being buffed by another buff buffed by a buff's buff.
    Anointed army should increase power by BASE POWER and not after buffs. And to clarify this buff doesnt stack; what stacks is the recipients.
    Now, add that to companions, then bonding runestone take place.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    .@foxxy
    You should read all posts to get the context.
    This post is about a powercap wich is told to exist , but obviously is not.
    Capped power at 150 k would not lead to instant dead of a that head from one chain.
    WoL is known to be broken at least since that run.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I can tell you what should be happening... my smoke bomb should be proccing my weapon enchantments like it used to do long ago....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
This discussion has been closed.