test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is the reality of the post-bonding change.

Comments

• Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

so my usual Power is around 51.000 with bonding stones , 55.000 when brutality proccs , 57.000 when i consume stamina for cool resolve
    and a Devoted cleric buffed me for 154.000 , just one devoted cleric managed to give me 154.000 more POWER .
    154.000 / 400 = 385 % damage bonus .
    @ironzerg79 @strumslinger

how is this balanced?

Could it be, that the power bonus of the Cleric is (incorrectly) applied to the companion as well, resulting in a massive boost through the bonding stones?
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    What was the reason they decided to remove capped or deminishing return fron this game??? And would a return of this not be the fastest fix rather than having to reduce every buff the game has. Just asking becausae it seemed better when we had deminished return.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016

metalldjt said:

so my usual Power is around 51.000 with bonding stones , 55.000 when brutality proccs , 57.000 when i consume stamina for cool resolve
    and a Devoted cleric buffed me for 154.000 , just one devoted cleric managed to give me 154.000 more POWER .
    154.000 / 400 = 385 % damage bonus .
    @ironzerg79 @strumslinger

how is this balanced?

Could it be, that the power bonus of the Cleric is (incorrectly) applied to the companion as well, resulting in a massive boost through the bonding stones?
    That´s detailed explained few pages back. Bondings buff for companionstats plus powerbuffs the comapanion gets from the cleric multiplied x 300% if legendary, 285% if not.

@abrams121
    Getting your bondings at max is a pretty expensive task these days. I managed that month before, and the result is: I outdamage some players 20:1 running CN with my warlock, and the GS is pretty much the same, except they wear an augment. It´s more or less two class society in NWO looking at PVP and PVE atm. It takes near 10 seconds for my warlock to kill that endboss being buffed by GF+DC, experiencing up to 20million hits from puppet lately. This is caused by buffs + rebuffs from two classes GF+DC, noone else. I run those dungeons to farm AD and I do not complain about doing things fast in a boring game, but I would prefer a game wich doesn´t give me or my puppet exclusively a 400%+ damagebonus compared to a player who doesn´t use rank12 bondings. I like to get things balanced, and a fair chance for new player. That´s why I vote for companions to not get buffed (like puppet) and for ITF to get capped at an exaptable ammount like 40% damageboost.
    To the ones that run a maxed GF-run conquerer, go for dps, if your stats seems to get wasted otherwise, that´s what I would do and it would be mcuh more fun anyway, there are options for sure.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    urabask said:

I'm not saying this was true for everyone just that there are lot of players complaining about this that were upgrading enchants besides bonding runestones when bonding runestones were still BiS on augments and relatively speaking not that much more expensive. Basically to have missed the boat you would've had to hit 70 after the node change.

How much does an augment cost?
    Why lots of players opted to upgrade enchants instead of bondings after buying an augment?

Like I said, lots of players just took veteran's advice at face value without weighing the scales, only to realize that the bonding upgrades are more costly with an augment that doesn't proc bondings. Also, item level dictates minimum IL on edemo. To them and to me as well back then, farming twisted ichor is a top priority, not bondings.

(Augment + bonding + upgrade) is much more expensive than (existing companion + bonding + upgrade)

And there's the whales in that lot. If they're complaining on the investment they put in, then it's their problem.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Now i remembered the woe buff all can have access to this artifact and be a class feat for everyone with 8-14% of the class damage. OTHer thing annoy me with the woe buff some "smart hdps" cast the artifact to make teamate or ally in a big raid to get something else and ofcourse make useless the artifact use and for other members using the wheel fire buff.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

hawkeyel said:

What was the reason they decided to remove capped or deminishing return fron this game??? And would a return of this not be the fastest fix rather than having to reduce every buff the game has. Just asking becausae it seemed better when we had deminished return.

removing the diminishin returns was problably the wisest thing ever in this game, not adjusting other powers thats their own fault .
    Does that include reducing the base DPS of the strikers? Or does it just mean nerfing all the support classes that provide buffs?

55K Power for the current end game content is still too much, with or without buffs.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

urabask said:

I'm not saying this was true for everyone just that there are lot of players complaining about this that were upgrading enchants besides bonding runestones when bonding runestones were still BiS on augments and relatively speaking not that much more expensive. Basically to have missed the boat you would've had to hit 70 after the node change.

Why lots of players opted to upgrade enchants instead of bondings after buying an augment?

Like I said, lots of players just took veteran's advice at face value without weighing the scales, only to realize that the bonding upgrades are more costly with an augment that doesn't proc bondings. Also, item level dictates minimum IL on edemo. To them and to me as well back then, farming twisted ichor is a top priority, not bondings.

(Augment + bonding + upgrade) is much more expensive than (existing companion + bonding + upgrade)

And there's the whales in that lot. If they're complaining on the investment they put in, then it's their problem.

You're talking mod 8 when I'm talking mod 7 : |
    A Rank 9 eldritch/profane used to cost ~80-100k AD vs 100-130k for a bonding runestone. It wasn't that big a price difference and bonding runestones give more stats even when used on an augment.

By mod 8 it was well known that Bonding runestones were BiS and anyone that bought an augment really only has themselve to blame.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

A Rank 9 eldritch/profane used to cost ~80-100k AD vs 100-130k for a bonding runestone. It wasn't that big a price difference and bonding runestones give more stats even when used on an augment.

By mod 8 it was well known that Bonding runestones were BiS and anyone that bought an augment really only have themselves to blame.

I apologize for not knowing older mods and how the prices go during that time. I didn't exist until Mod 9 shows up. I didn't know anything about the situation on Mod 7.
  • Options
    urabask said:

By mod 8 it was well known that Bonding runestones were BiS and anyone that bought an augment really only has themselve to blame.

Yes. Or we were expecting Bonding Runestones to get nerfed and was waiting to see what happened. Who would have it would go this way :o

I'm happy to keep waiting, for the meantime anywayz
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Bondings were OP pre "fix" and after it's made they're beyond ridiculous.
    Anyone who has high enough rank of these stones know's that and there's no real question about it.

The only reason to make this "fix" is to force people to buy ZEN, get AD and get those stones.
    That's the route game developers went - simple.

After the market is saturated, they will come here, say they're nerfing the HAMSTER out of them in the name of "game balance".

Good day to all! :smile:
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    kemi1984 said:

After the market is saturated, they will come here, say they're nerfing the **** out of them in the name of "game balance".

Except that "game balance" you speak of didn't get through. People are asking to fix stuff on SW and HR for 2 mods now and they just go unnoticed.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    urabask said:

urabask said:

Some of us bought our augments a long time before and upgraded them to legendary as soon as legendary became a thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    lantern22 said:

urabask said:

Yes. Or we were expecting Bonding Runestones to get nerfed and was waiting to see what happened. Who would have it would go this way :o

That was wishful thinking. Bonding runestones were clearly designed to be better than augments so there was no way they wre ever going to be nerfed enough to justify buying an augment.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

urabask said:

urabask said:

Some of us bought our augments a long time before and upgraded them to legendary as soon as legendary became a thing.
    Well, I have a legendary ioun stone and a leg. Zhent., I dont use anymore on my main. While I knew, that bondings are BIS and bought tons of them 1 1/2 years ago at the winter fest, you cant equip 6 chars with R12 bondings and I dont want so swap them multiple times a day, so 3 of my alts have augment companions.

When asked for advice I say, that boundings are the way to go for BIS gear, but on a budget augment still rule.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Characters will always have a maximum stat level that can be achieved. At least until some new shiny comes out and the power creep happens. Unfortunately the game has done a terrible job with the balance between player power and content diffculty. Summoned companion stats, mount insignias/bonuses, and boons should also contribute to item level. That would give players a better idea of where they stand in relation to a max stat build. Also players should be able to scale the difficulty of the dungeons in relation to the parties total combined item level with rewards for said dungeon being scaled in kind.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

This past week, with all of the coupons and sales, everyone should have 3 r12 bondings.

Not really. Not all could get prepared for such a thing since we got busy with other aspects of the game.
    We knew it was coming. But a lot of people went to get their characters up first and then thinking of companions second.

I managed to get it up to 2 perfect and 1 greater. More was just too much for me.
    There is always next time.. :wink:
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options

This past week, with all of the coupons and sales, everyone should have 3 r12 bondings.

You still need twelve r8 bonding runestones and ~2 million RP. So the initial investment cost atm is something like 4.5 million AD. Then you can use your cheap gmops and smops.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Oh I have 3 (or will have by the end of 2xRP, 2x12 1x11 atm) I don't however have enough for the 7 or 8 of my 15 characters that need them.

• Options
    urabask said:

lantern22 said:

urabask said:

That was wishful thinking. Bonding runestones were clearly designed to be better than augments so there was no way they wre ever going to be nerfed enough to justify buying an augment.
    Just meant that I was waiting to see if the price for them dropped.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

Most people should've been prioritizing it given that DPS toons should've already been using bonding runestones on their augments anyways.

Why would you prioritize bondings for an augment?? As a crit-GWF I had Profane, rank 12. They sold for alot less than the bondings replacement--and I sold 2 of them before the rush. I was fine with my augment until this buff, er nerf, er buggy buff.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    abrams121 said:

@shietinbebux. That would only be a huge disbalance if it wasn't available to everyone. Anyone in the game can do this and for how much effort it is to get your bonding stones that high, it should be a lot better than an augment. F@$# your augments, cheap a! $ m$£=^÷$$€#×.

Ahh, somebody else missed the cheap bondings Urabask spoke of.... :-)
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

You can get all of the bondings you need from VIP keys dropping Companion Packs. Just takes bad luck with lockboxes.

I have opened enough companion packs, to upgrade 2 companions to legendary, still I did get maybe one or two bonding runestones. The theory is great, RNG sucks.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    asterotg said:

You can get all of the bondings you need from VIP keys dropping Companion Packs. Just takes bad luck with lockboxes.

I have opened enough companion packs, to upgrade 2 companions to legendary, still I did get maybe one or two bonding runestones. The theory is great, RNG sucks.

+1000 to this
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options

You'd be able to buy them by selling the boxes before you got enough of them to drop.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.