test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is the reality of the post-bonding change.

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Just wondering, if people feel the change makes them too powerful/content too easy, why not skip the bonding stones or use a lower rank?
    Wouldn't that solve your problem?
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    cause it is not wai to oneshoot tiamat heads, and everyone should be able to understand that.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

cause it is not wai to oneshoot tiamat heads, and everyone should be able to understand that.

This was possible before the bonding fix. You just get 25 DCs in an instance and it happens.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just checked the interaction between a DC with weapon of light, battle fervor and AA and the rebuff he gets from the buffed companion...
    In my case a 2.5k DC with low gear, bondings 12,12,11 and radiants 11,11,10, the rebuff boosts my power up to 102k having a constant power of 60 k...
    Without rebuff my power stand at 36k only from 280% bonding buff.
    Without companion i stick at 21.4 k power infight, 4k from WoL and BF.
    So the buffs on my companion double to triples my power...
    If you now put OP and warlock on top things get even more redicules.
    Stop companion and puppets getting buffed and lot's of problems will be solved
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

Just wondering, if people feel the change makes them too powerful/content too easy, why not skip the bonding stones or use a lower rank?
    Wouldn't that solve your problem?

Sorry, how is this my problem only? This is game-breaking for everyone and should not exist, period.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kalindra said:

"and before this becomes a "again, the BIS GWF's talk," "

...sure it isn't?
    Did you ever witness this outside the 4k channel, or even in the crowd below 3.5k, in the range where 99% or 95% of the toons play?
    So, yes, it's a pity that they didn't use some limiting algorithm here, but does it really matter if you kill Orcus easily in 5 or 15 seconds?
    And if they nerf it, the price will probably hit the low IL crowd harder, making the usual dungeon a struggle again, and causing frustration (for becoming weaker once again) for for more customers than they could satisfy with fixing it.

IN any mmo you should have the will to try make friends and play and discover your characters abilities and not looking for bugs because you dont want to learn your character or you want your character to press 1 button. AND you will be weaker not because they will fix the bug but because you will not know how to improve legit way. no offense.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

That does not originate from having consistent bonding buff, that is something else that is causing it...
    Bondings only transfer that bunch of buffs back to the owner.
    If you take those buffs away from companions, you will see not such numbers at all.
    But i also think a constant 285% buff is too much.
    edited June 2016
    AND
    clonkyo1 said:

kalindra said:

"and before this becomes a "again, the BIS GWF's talk," "

...sure it isn't?
    Did you ever witness this outside the 4k channel, or even in the crowd below 3.5k, in the range where 99% or 95% of the toons play?
    So, yes, it's a pity that they didn't use some limiting algorithm here, but does it really matter if you kill Orcus easily in 5 or 15 seconds?
    And if they nerf it, the price will probably hit the low IL crowd harder, making the usual dungeon a struggle again, and causing frustration (for becoming weaker once again) for for more customers than they could satisfy with fixing it.

Defending "bad gaming" is toxic for any game. It's thaks to that that we are suffering "bondings" as they are right now, in example.

Also, the thing is really simple and i will explain it as such:

If a bad player using r12 bondings to rise their power up to, in example, 10k for leveling, at end-game content, his/her power will rise up to 100k. This means that a 5-man party using bondings R12s will allow to these players' group will complete CN in under 10 mins, making devs' effort to make this game "changelling" for players like me useless... WHY? Easy to understand: If bad players using R12 bondings will allow them to end CN in under 10 mins, what do you think will happend if averanged players or even good ones use them on the same runs?
    a good player with r12 is enough for a fast run that is the reality. ONE BIS damage dealer is enough to clear all the trash mobs while the other 2 ( in 2 supports pt) can watch television;p. THE other two will be really usefull on bosses for faster burning. AT this point the game is very easy for bis because we overgear the dungeon 3.5k vs for example lostmauth lair. IN our guild compositions rare we use classes or paragons with power buffs and still the bosses can melt.

edited June 2016
    You can deal those numbers with every 2k DC having high bondings and those powerbuffs, you can run in a 2k group and buff them same way in case they have high bondings--all of them will gain 60-100k power in case their companion is in range of that DC.
    My base power is 17k, my max power (solo) is permanent 60k up to 102k by AA.
    In case companions would not get buffed, my power would be like 36k, max 45k from AA.
    The buffs on my companion double my power, transfered by bondings (not caused).
    You may unequip all that stuff, you may unequip soulforged, weapon enchant, skip augment or companion, or run naked and stay 4ever in CN, but it doesn´t change the fact that this mechanic is broken/overperforming.
    Like you Kalina can play PVP without T Negation, T fey, epic Insignia, legendary mount, axebeak etc. looking for same minded player, think about it :) your game experience will rise for sure , but you stick to that equip, right?
    We experienced these interaction, regarding warlock puppet, for so long now and nothing is done about it.
    Maybe it´s time to change some things?
    edited June 2016
    off topic : why cryptic created diversity between players when decided to remove sets from the game and reward who kept their sets which is good we have faster runs but in other side of the coin doesnt make any sense what cryptic did:smile:

AND i see suggestions into guides get a vizier get a high prophet ok guys 1-2 sets we will find in auction then ? ARE enough sets for everyone want to get? no?
    edited June 2016
    metalldjt said:

off topic : why cryptic created diversity between players when decided to remove sets from the game and reward who kept their sets which is good we have faster runs but in other side of the coin doesnt make any sense what cryptic did

it does make sense, and the stat curves are fine, but the issue with module 6 was that they implement a new factor for the game which are the new stat curves, which make alot of sense, but the problem at hand is with class powers / feats / encounters etc. working as they do b4 module 6 , so thats the issue at hand... the new stat curves make sense and they are fine... class balance should target the classes, it's logic.
    I Said that because if someone want to focus to be the best debuffer simply cannot because cant get that extra set anymore . SO i believe is the time cryptic to bring useful sets back in the game.
    i HAVe A DC with high prophet to a new player need advice you find it right to say: well you cant debuff like me because this set is not available anymore..
    metalldjt said:

metalldjt said:

off topic : why cryptic created diversity between players when decided to remove sets from the game and reward who kept their sets which is good we have faster runs but in other side of the coin doesnt make any sense what cryptic did

it does make sense, and the stat curves are fine, but the issue with module 6 was that they implement a new factor for the game which are the new stat curves, which make alot of sense, but the problem at hand is with class powers / feats / encounters etc. working as they do b4 module 6 , so thats the issue at hand... the new stat curves make sense and they are fine... class balance should target the classes, it's logic.
    I Said that because if someone want to focus to be the best debuffer simply cannot because cant get that extra set anymore . SO i believe is the time cryptic to bring useful sets back in the game.
    i HAVe A DC with high prophet to a new player need advice you find it right to say: well you cant debuff like me because this set is not available anymore..
    or just make the old sets called Ruined , and remove their bonus from the game. This could also ensure a healthy PvE content.
    1000 of players ask for that, and doing so they could delete drains and some other stuff from this game.
    edited June 2016
    :)
    Noone will leave this game in case cryptic takes away his broken toy.
    I also use the fast and easy way to get content farmed. But if things stay as they are there will be no goal for a player >>3k, and there are a lot.
    Every dungeon has farm-status, and in case someone claims this is a problem of a small minority with endgear, he is wrong.
    I did so many pug runs and even the bad runs did beat that endboss.
    This can´t be considered to be a problem of a minority, if a bunch of miserable equipped player, who do not even manage to play their class adaequat, beat that boss.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I also use the fast and easy way to get content farmed. But if things stay as they are there will be no goal for a player >>3k, and there are a lot.
    Every dungeon has farm-status, and in case someone claims this is a problem of a small minority with endgear, he is wrong.
    This can´t be considered to be a problem of a minority, if a bunch of miserable equipped player, who do not even manage to play their class adaequat, beat that boss.

'Broken toys', really. How are the old sets 'broken'. Read the tooltip, read the effect. It is the same since Mod 1 (except, that HV does just stack 3 times after a nerf. Short excurse to all those 'experts' crying 'CW was so OP, that they did CN farmruns with 4 CWs'. OP was HV stacking, not the CW).

I know, that English is not my first language, but this is a thing of logic, not grammar. If something is WAI, does not change, how is is suddenly 'broken' ppl using it 'exploiters'.

Who are you guys, that you know better, than the publisher, what is allowed and what is not? Say some effects are to strong, ok. There are valid arguments for some adjustment, but gtfo with this 'exploit' here 'broken' there. This is no argument, but an opinion.

BTW I use HV and HP set and if they nerf it, ok, but until then it is BIS and not 'broken' imo.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    As a game "evolves", new gear,new content comes along. And some things that were made before hand can cause broblems aka are broken or breaking the gaming balance. Content vs players where the relative power/s exceed the content multiple times.

Its ok to have these broken things for awhile until they are properly fixed, but delaying the fixes create a lot of griping afterwawrds, when someone has legacy gear that can melt stuff like hot blade cuts butter aint fun and it surely aint wise.

WAI does not mean its working in balance with gameplay, bondings are WAI but are they truly working with gameplay or against it, plus among some powers that buff companions which buff your toon with its buffed stats, but hopefully those get fixed.

Its cool(for a time) to melt heralds in 5secs flat, faster runs and more RP but they are not the only thing you can melt fast. The games hardest bosses come down in seconds too, is that really fun and challenging?. IMO the gameplay balance is far off course atm.

Just waiting to see how much power we get for mod 10. Sorry folks but the new tiers aint gonna be challenging with the current exploitable stuff in the game.

btw, they freely strip down our overpowered buffs/dps powers why not overpowered gear that can have the same effect? the only thing why they still exist is because ofc people needed to have gear to get new gear, we cant go running naked in dungs can we.

Let them strip/fix broken/powercreep stuff or let them be in the game?

My aswer would be srip the broken stuff and powercreep. But i know its not gonna happen. Too many people have invested alot of time and money to this game to gain that power. And its not their fault. And its always hard to give up power for even a slighly balanced gameplay. Someone always creams bloody murder, those going for the power and those already there.

Gameplay balance should be dictated by common sense to begin with, so powercreep/game breaking mechanics dont get out of hand and cause a wall of wail,s when they have to be brought down or someone even suggests it.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Please be civil.

This issue was expected. The new developers are not quite familiar with the way powers and math work for each little thing, and there are quite a lot of things that go unnoticed or become activated during a specific sequence.

We all know that this is some sort of an I/O switch which gets a bit overused, but the question is whose buff/debuff ratio needs to be covered in order to find it out.

My opinion is that the bonding mechanics should remain the way they are now, nothing to add, nothing to take away.

The issue lies within the overall percentage of buff/debuff values that classes give and on the very top are Devoted Clerics and Guardian Fighters. This was evident even during the MOD4 and MOD5, but power increase was very low back then so it wasn't really noticeable. Now, power increase is going to some seriously demented numbers and the issue is game-breaking, thus making it the priority no1 for the developer team to fix and address.

As such, consider DC and GF synergy a validly broken one, as proven in the topic and by respectable members of the community.

DC shouldn't affect the companion's gift increase, iow, DC shouldn't buff the companion's power increase.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    edited June 2016
    asterotg said:

'Broken toys', really. How are the old sets 'broken'. Read the tooltip, read the effect. It is the same since Mod 1 (except, that HV does just stack 3 times after a nerf. Short excurse to all those 'experts' crying 'CW was so OP, that they did CN farmruns with 4 CWs'. OP was HV stacking, not the CW).

I know, that English is not my first language, but this is a thing of logic, not grammar. If something is WAI, does not change, how is is suddenly 'broken' ppl using it 'exploiters'.

Who are you guys, that you know better, than the publisher, what is allowed and what is not? Say some effects are to strong, ok. There are valid arguments for some adjustment, but gtfo with this 'exploit' here 'broken' there. This is no argument, but an opinion.

BTW I use HV and HP set and if they nerf it, ok, but until then it is BIS and not 'broken' imo.

No you are right, melting a dragon/Goristo/Orcus in seconds by stacking HV+HP+Ilyanbruen setboni is surely the way things have to be and has to stay for ever in this game and be BIS for a small minority, lol.
    Welcome mod 10 and the next boring speedkill, as though lame and boring threads about the same broken mechanics.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

No you are right, melting a dragon/Goristo/Orcus in seconds by stacking HV+HP+Ilyanbruen setboni is surely the way things have to be and has to stay for ever in this game and be BIS for a small minority, lol.
    Welcome mod 10 and the next boring speedkill, as though lame and boring threads about the same broken mechanics.
    There are many problems in this game. Lets see, my CW has, without bonding runestones, ~2-5 times the stats a 'random' 2k IL player has. With bondings, snail, mount powers etc. I would say, that he has up to 10x the values a 2k player would have. Lets make WoD CN etc challenging for us and the 2k players be damned, even if 2k is min IL.

The gap between 3k and 4k can be similar (I am not talking about 'OMG my 3k GWF outdpsed a 4.2K PvP GWF, but pure PvE) to the gap between 2k and 3k.

Imo your baseline is invalid, bc without diminishing return it is just math, that the guy with 10x stats does 10x dmg (simplified).

The game, as it is now, has no content, that should be challenging for BIS players, bc otherwise the min ILs would be false. Lets hope for the next Mod. It is wrong, to outgrow the existing content and claim, that the system is broken, bc you outgrew the existing content.

For well geared players the game is a joke, but not bc of HV, HP or one or the other mechanic, but bc of the constant power creep and the lack of content, that has the proper difficulty.

Are there 'broken' things, that imo are not WAI? Yes. HR and SW getting the buffs applied twice. DC stacking. GF ITF buff by outside sources. Buffs that get applied to yourself and your active companion, just to mention the most common ones.

On the other hand, bonding runestones, active companions and old sets are not broken, but WAI. Are they to strong? Maybe. Should they get a rework? I dont know, bc everything available now is not intended for BIS players.

First let them fix the things obviously not WAI. Then let them give us dungeons for our IL. If they are still to easy bc of bonding runestones, HV, HP etc, they should address that and tone them down.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.

The pre-Mod 6 sets should have been removed long ago and need to be removed before Mod 10. Have you seen the Fabled SW set in action? You can't tell me that does not need to be toned down right now.

: | AA interaction with bonding runestones makes this look like a joke. We had to ban AA in dragonflight because we'd have spikes where dragons would go from 60%+ health to zero in an instant.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    no, the blame can be placed squarely on the bonding stones and how they refresh the bonding stack every time they attack instead of taking a snapshot of the companion stats when the bonding stack is applied and using that for the next 20 seconds. That is how it worked before and no one ever got to millions of power
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Well, from what we know from comments from Sharpedge, Power is hardcapped at 150k. So, all numbers above that are not relevant. That cap was attainable before the Bonding change.
    thefabricant Posts: 2,624 *
    March 30
    It is also worth noting that power has a hard cap at 150k (from my testing while the warlord's inspiration bug existed). You can stack it above there, but you won't get any returns.

25 cleric tiamat run...
    200_s.gif
    edited June 2016

urabask said:

I really think you do not understand what I am saying. ITF is boosted by every single DR buff in the party including the OP sigil. In turn, that is being transferred to the other members in the party as bonus damage. There is NO CAP AT ALL. You stack that with DC's Weapons of Light and other debuffs things get really insane. Yes, rewards are bad. Bondings are OP, always have been. A cap on damage from power can help this problem. But, we play this game for fun. Do you really have fun killing bosses in less than 5 seconds?

It's more fun than whacking a damage sponge boss that does nothing interesing for ten minutes and then getting 3k AD and some seals.

And again, not everything that affects DR affects ITF.
    metalldjt said:

@urabask this means that you are accepting broken as an excuse of the bad rewards, which means that you dont care about class balance since you feel that using broken is some sort of payback, which it isn't. Also there are plenty of options besides into the fray that players can choose, both PvE and PvP , and a 20% flat damage is not a bad buff fyi for them to have to remove it from the tray bar if they want to buff the team.

Look, I know you don't care because you don't play the class. The game is broken and piecemeal fixes like you're suggesting just create more problems. They can't take dungeons from 5-15 minute runs to 30-60 minute runs and not make serious adjustments. They can't take the only reason anyone takes a GF in their party and nerf it into the ground and make everything about how you build a GF fairly pointless.

And no PvP should never ever be considered as part of any nerf. Virtually no one plays PvP and the only way it will ever be fixed is if it gets completely seperate balance from PvE. And that's the thing, that would take a whole mod or more which should be dedicated to PvE because that's what brings players into this dying game.

And no there are no other options for GF other than ITF the way the class is balanced now. GFs basically run ITF, enforced threat, and something that deals damage to generate threat. For every single last bit of content. The only time they do something different is when they're attempting an exercise in masturbatory self satisfaction by messing around with Knight's Challenge and Anvil of doom or some nonsense.

Anything else a GF slots is a pointless encounter that buffs DR when they're already capped just from gear and boons or it does pointless amounts of damage/control that are not even worth considering.

And this is just all in the name of "balance" that elusive thing that Cryptic will never achieve but you guys have such a hard on that you're more than happy to shoot yourself in the foot everytime you find a new flavor of the month to get mad about.
    unfortunately iron pointed it out quite well.. :neutral:

playing a GF nowadays is the most boring thing you can do after birdwatching!

we GFs have so many problems running DDs that most of the time we simply give up and use a "standard" power set-up:
    speck: Sword master-tactician
    passives: shield talent-steel defence
    powers: LS-ITF-ET
    at wills: SMS-TI

i have spent 2 mount bonuses to get more speed just to stay close to GWFs/CWs running allways ahead to land the first hit (and most of the times die like flys). and still sometimes i am just the second entering the fight!

i have removed R12s bonding+mimic from my GF and switched to owlbear cub 'cose 107% DR in combat was stupid x me. and still i have 72% DR in combat w/o DCs/OPs buffs! and now i loose aggro when a GWF mark a boss due to a really broken threat mechanic!

i have removed T.Negation and replaced with T.elven 'cose extra DR wasn't needed and control resistance is a greate thing when basically every mobs pack in game can AoE stun.

and finally i am levelling an OP just 'cose i am bored of beeing a potato sack and i want to do something else in a DD..

AND there is still someone asking for GFs nerf?? WTH??

what GFs are supposed to do after this nerf?? ask for party just to run sharandar??

so you whant GWFs/CWs/SWs to remain the same overpowered classes, BUT GFs nerfed to hell to prevent 2% of the playing population to do 8 digits Dmgs..

i have never seen so much selfyness and kildness in my whole life guys..

i am speachless!

note: sry for grammar error if/when..
    Uh ....

Were you responding to my post or Metal's because I was pretty flatout against a massive nerf to GFs. If anything we need a rework so that we're not just there to pop ITF when it's not on cooldown. Personally I still find it fun though because I can help guild/alliancemates get runs together even if they're lower ilvl.

Well, from what we know from comments from Sharpedge, Power is hardcapped at 150k. So, all numbers above that are not relevant. That cap was attainable before the Bonding change.
    March 30
    It is also worth noting that power has a hard cap at 150k (from my testing while the warlord's inspiration bug existed). You can stack it above there, but you won't get any returns.

25 cleric tiamat run...
    This breaks the power stat so it doesn't really mean Sharp is wrong. Idk where he got his info on that 150k being the gap though. People in my guild were post some 300 million damage hits in chat so I'm not sure I really believe it either.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I am glad I lived long enough when a GWF is talkin' about having too much dmg!

Must be some glitch in the Matrix!

Post edited by willson#2163 on
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well I think a ITF cap is coming at some point, its part of the issue, but I still think rank 11 and rank 12 bondings should do 5% increases PER reach rank after perfect, not the 10 and 15 now.. they are still BIS even with that reduction level

March 30

25 cleric tiamat run...
    that was a bug, it created a negative integer #, it had nothing to do with that cap.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Obviously the producers of this game, NEED to give the devs a breather to sort these things out, were getting on each others throats over here and pointing fingers and calling out the classes/powers is not gonna help.

The simplest thing is to make a plea to the upper management that this game needs a fix breather and some serious dev to players communication or this forum is gonna remain a pretty harsh and vocal battlefield and the gamers suffer from bugged/broken stuff more and more.

My suggestion is this we all take a chill pill, including me, and try to get this stuff to the higher ups.

Just a suggestion tho.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Well I think a ITF cap is coming at some point, its part of the issue, but I still think rank 11 and rank 12 bondings should do 5% increases PER reach rank after perfect, not the 10 and 15 now.. they are still BIS even with that reduction level

March 30

25 cleric tiamat run...
    that was a bug, it created a negative integer #, it had nothing to do with that cap.
    Well, if power was hard capped as fabricant thought then having we shouldn't be having the issues we are having right? Fabricant didn't have access to 500k and mil power values so it is hard to apply his testing to this situation, because as evidenced by the Crusader's tests having more power does make a difference. Something is obviously going screwy and it isn't negative interger values
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited June 2016

There are also damage buffs and DR debuffs at play. Those do not respect a power cap. ACT tests that include 150k power need to be compared with ones with millions of power to see if there really is a cap.

Just watch that 25 DC tiamat run and build your opinion, start at 5:20 watching a chains instantly killing all mobs (not possible even having 300k power)
    head to 7:00, instant death to the first head...150k power? no way
    Does it look like a propper cap? I don´t think so.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dbg_wAfL4Qc
    edited June 2016

I have seen A GF effectively solo all 5 Tiamat heads in one round just like the DC run.

I don´t know what you saw in that run? A GF all heads in one round, solo? No buffs? jagged blade revival?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

In the end it all comes down to buffs and debuffs. The GF topped the Paingiver with everyone else doing a small fraction of his damage. My bet is everyone else's damage came from the cleric phase mobs and all the GF's came from the heads. My point is that you do not need 25 DCs to one-shot the Tiamat heads.

These are the ACT logs taken by Ayasuke:

Look at the effectiveness, the buffs/debuffs are mild and are nowhere near the 200%+ that I had in my logs. He unsummoned his companion at this point and this was stirctly from having millions of power on his toon. Power does not cap at 150k, that's 100% false.
This discussion has been closed.