test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is the reality of the post-bonding change.

Comments

• Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

rebuff from companions due to dark revelry spends several k power depending on your powerstat 2-3k maybe more sometimes, not that bad imo. Last time I tested it was about 2.4k in my case.
    I am not sure if those companions get buffed by Annoited Army, don´t think so.
    As far as I understood, bondings combined with radiants rank 12 buff your power 285% , OP´s powerboost and dark revelry buff DC on top, and AA is taking this buffed power into account, leading to silly numbers.
    Dark revelry buffs teammates and teamates companion 20% from your power, so it also spends your hole party the same rebuff from companion as you get, depending on your bondings.
    About Pally I can´t say.
    So high ammount of power meets high ammounts of damagebuff from ITF/HG/AS/Pally sigil etc., bam
    Pop Hollowed Ground , pop DC sigil, cast Astral shield...GF steps inside--> ITF..and now you pop your second daily AA on top.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214345/major-power-inconsistency-annointed-army-and-companions-gift-acting-funny

Not exactly. Dark Revelry buff teammate for 20% ofhis base Power, which still counts for DC further buffs. Anyway, DR is useless for SW's damage, it's viable only for temptation... which is barely useful. The only goal for DR is making sick numbers with DC/OP/CW... which is meritum of this topic.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Just wondering, if people feel the change makes them too powerful/content too easy, why not skip the bonding stones or use a lower rank?
    Wouldn't that solve your problem?
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    cause it is not wai to oneshoot tiamat heads, and everyone should be able to understand that.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

cause it is not wai to oneshoot tiamat heads, and everyone should be able to understand that.

This was possible before the bonding fix. You just get 25 DCs in an instance and it happens.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just checked the interaction between a DC with weapon of light, battle fervor and AA and the rebuff he gets from the buffed companion...
    In my case a 2.5k DC with low gear, bondings 12,12,11 and radiants 11,11,10, the rebuff boosts my power up to 102k having a constant power of 60 k...
    Without rebuff my power stand at 36k only from 280% bonding buff.
    Without companion i stick at 21.4 k power infight, 4k from WoL and BF.
    So the buffs on my companion double to triples my power...
    If you now put OP and warlock on top things get even more redicules.
    Stop companion and puppets getting buffed and lot's of problems will be solved
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

Just wondering, if people feel the change makes them too powerful/content too easy, why not skip the bonding stones or use a lower rank?
    Wouldn't that solve your problem?

Sorry, how is this my problem only? This is game-breaking for everyone and should not exist, period.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kalindra said:

"and before this becomes a "again, the BIS GWF's talk," "

...sure it isn't?
    Did you ever witness this outside the 4k channel, or even in the crowd below 3.5k, in the range where 99% or 95% of the toons play?
    So, yes, it's a pity that they didn't use some limiting algorithm here, but does it really matter if you kill Orcus easily in 5 or 15 seconds?
    And if they nerf it, the price will probably hit the low IL crowd harder, making the usual dungeon a struggle again, and causing frustration (for becoming weaker once again) for for more customers than they could satisfy with fixing it.

IN any mmo you should have the will to try make friends and play and discover your characters abilities and not looking for bugs because you dont want to learn your character or you want your character to press 1 button. AND you will be weaker not because they will fix the bug but because you will not know how to improve legit way. no offense.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

That does not originate from having consistent bonding buff, that is something else that is causing it...
  • Options
    Bondings only transfer that bunch of buffs back to the owner.
    If you take those buffs away from companions, you will see not such numbers at all.
    But i also think a constant 285% buff is too much.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    AND
    clonkyo1 said:

kalindra said:

"and before this becomes a "again, the BIS GWF's talk," "

...sure it isn't?
    Did you ever witness this outside the 4k channel, or even in the crowd below 3.5k, in the range where 99% or 95% of the toons play?
    So, yes, it's a pity that they didn't use some limiting algorithm here, but does it really matter if you kill Orcus easily in 5 or 15 seconds?
    And if they nerf it, the price will probably hit the low IL crowd harder, making the usual dungeon a struggle again, and causing frustration (for becoming weaker once again) for for more customers than they could satisfy with fixing it.

Defending "bad gaming" is toxic for any game. It's thaks to that that we are suffering "bondings" as they are right now, in example.

Also, the thing is really simple and i will explain it as such:

If a bad player using r12 bondings to rise their power up to, in example, 10k for leveling, at end-game content, his/her power will rise up to 100k. This means that a 5-man party using bondings R12s will allow to these players' group will complete CN in under 10 mins, making devs' effort to make this game "changelling" for players like me useless... WHY? Easy to understand: If bad players using R12 bondings will allow them to end CN in under 10 mins, what do you think will happend if averanged players or even good ones use them on the same runs?
    a good player with r12 is enough for a fast run that is the reality. ONE BIS damage dealer is enough to clear all the trash mobs while the other 2 ( in 2 supports pt) can watch television;p. THE other two will be really usefull on bosses for faster burning. AT this point the game is very easy for bis because we overgear the dungeon 3.5k vs for example lostmauth lair. IN our guild compositions rare we use classes or paragons with power buffs and still the bosses can melt.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    You can deal those numbers with every 2k DC having high bondings and those powerbuffs, you can run in a 2k group and buff them same way in case they have high bondings--all of them will gain 60-100k power in case their companion is in range of that DC.
    My base power is 17k, my max power (solo) is permanent 60k up to 102k by AA.
    In case companions would not get buffed, my power would be like 36k, max 45k from AA.
    The buffs on my companion double my power, transfered by bondings (not caused).
    You may unequip all that stuff, you may unequip soulforged, weapon enchant, skip augment or companion, or run naked and stay 4ever in CN, but it doesn´t change the fact that this mechanic is broken/overperforming.
    Like you Kalina can play PVP without T Negation, T fey, epic Insignia, legendary mount, axebeak etc. looking for same minded player, think about it :) your game experience will rise for sure , but you stick to that equip, right?
    We experienced these interaction, regarding warlock puppet, for so long now and nothing is done about it.
    Maybe it´s time to change some things?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    off topic : why cryptic created diversity between players when decided to remove sets from the game and reward who kept their sets which is good we have faster runs but in other side of the coin doesnt make any sense what cryptic did:smile:

AND i see suggestions into guides get a vizier get a high prophet ok guys 1-2 sets we will find in auction then ? ARE enough sets for everyone want to get? no?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    metalldjt said:

off topic : why cryptic created diversity between players when decided to remove sets from the game and reward who kept their sets which is good we have faster runs but in other side of the coin doesnt make any sense what cryptic did

it does make sense, and the stat curves are fine, but the issue with module 6 was that they implement a new factor for the game which are the new stat curves, which make alot of sense, but the problem at hand is with class powers / feats / encounters etc. working as they do b4 module 6 , so thats the issue at hand... the new stat curves make sense and they are fine... class balance should target the classes, it's logic.
    I Said that because if someone want to focus to be the best debuffer simply cannot because cant get that extra set anymore . SO i believe is the time cryptic to bring useful sets back in the game.
    i HAVe A DC with high prophet to a new player need advice you find it right to say: well you cant debuff like me because this set is not available anymore..
  • Options
    metalldjt said:

metalldjt said:

off topic : why cryptic created diversity between players when decided to remove sets from the game and reward who kept their sets which is good we have faster runs but in other side of the coin doesnt make any sense what cryptic did

it does make sense, and the stat curves are fine, but the issue with module 6 was that they implement a new factor for the game which are the new stat curves, which make alot of sense, but the problem at hand is with class powers / feats / encounters etc. working as they do b4 module 6 , so thats the issue at hand... the new stat curves make sense and they are fine... class balance should target the classes, it's logic.
    I Said that because if someone want to focus to be the best debuffer simply cannot because cant get that extra set anymore . SO i believe is the time cryptic to bring useful sets back in the game.
    i HAVe A DC with high prophet to a new player need advice you find it right to say: well you cant debuff like me because this set is not available anymore..
    or just make the old sets called Ruined , and remove their bonus from the game. This could also ensure a healthy PvE content.
    1000 of players ask for that, and doing so they could delete drains and some other stuff from this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    :)
    Noone will leave this game in case cryptic takes away his broken toy.
    I also use the fast and easy way to get content farmed. But if things stay as they are there will be no goal for a player >>3k, and there are a lot.
    Every dungeon has farm-status, and in case someone claims this is a problem of a small minority with endgear, he is wrong.
    I did so many pug runs and even the bad runs did beat that endboss.
    This can´t be considered to be a problem of a minority, if a bunch of miserable equipped player, who do not even manage to play their class adaequat, beat that boss.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I also use the fast and easy way to get content farmed. But if things stay as they are there will be no goal for a player >>3k, and there are a lot.
    Every dungeon has farm-status, and in case someone claims this is a problem of a small minority with endgear, he is wrong.
    This can´t be considered to be a problem of a minority, if a bunch of miserable equipped player, who do not even manage to play their class adaequat, beat that boss.

'Broken toys', really. How are the old sets 'broken'. Read the tooltip, read the effect. It is the same since Mod 1 (except, that HV does just stack 3 times after a nerf. Short excurse to all those 'experts' crying 'CW was so OP, that they did CN farmruns with 4 CWs'. OP was HV stacking, not the CW).

I know, that English is not my first language, but this is a thing of logic, not grammar. If something is WAI, does not change, how is is suddenly 'broken' ppl using it 'exploiters'.

Who are you guys, that you know better, than the publisher, what is allowed and what is not? Say some effects are to strong, ok. There are valid arguments for some adjustment, but gtfo with this 'exploit' here 'broken' there. This is no argument, but an opinion.

BTW I use HV and HP set and if they nerf it, ok, but until then it is BIS and not 'broken' imo.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    As a game "evolves", new gear,new content comes along. And some things that were made before hand can cause broblems aka are broken or breaking the gaming balance. Content vs players where the relative power/s exceed the content multiple times.

Its ok to have these broken things for awhile until they are properly fixed, but delaying the fixes create a lot of griping afterwawrds, when someone has legacy gear that can melt stuff like hot blade cuts butter aint fun and it surely aint wise.

WAI does not mean its working in balance with gameplay, bondings are WAI but are they truly working with gameplay or against it, plus among some powers that buff companions which buff your toon with its buffed stats, but hopefully those get fixed.

Its cool(for a time) to melt heralds in 5secs flat, faster runs and more RP but they are not the only thing you can melt fast. The games hardest bosses come down in seconds too, is that really fun and challenging?. IMO the gameplay balance is far off course atm.

Just waiting to see how much power we get for mod 10. Sorry folks but the new tiers aint gonna be challenging with the current exploitable stuff in the game.

btw, they freely strip down our overpowered buffs/dps powers why not overpowered gear that can have the same effect? the only thing why they still exist is because ofc people needed to have gear to get new gear, we cant go running naked in dungs can we.

Let them strip/fix broken/powercreep stuff or let them be in the game?

My aswer would be srip the broken stuff and powercreep. But i know its not gonna happen. Too many people have invested alot of time and money to this game to gain that power. And its not their fault. And its always hard to give up power for even a slighly balanced gameplay. Someone always creams bloody murder, those going for the power and those already there.

Gameplay balance should be dictated by common sense to begin with, so powercreep/game breaking mechanics dont get out of hand and cause a wall of wail,s when they have to be brought down or someone even suggests it.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Please be civil.

This issue was expected. The new developers are not quite familiar with the way powers and math work for each little thing, and there are quite a lot of things that go unnoticed or become activated during a specific sequence.

We all know that this is some sort of an I/O switch which gets a bit overused, but the question is whose buff/debuff ratio needs to be covered in order to find it out.

My opinion is that the bonding mechanics should remain the way they are now, nothing to add, nothing to take away.

The issue lies within the overall percentage of buff/debuff values that classes give and on the very top are Devoted Clerics and Guardian Fighters. This was evident even during the MOD4 and MOD5, but power increase was very low back then so it wasn't really noticeable. Now, power increase is going to some seriously demented numbers and the issue is game-breaking, thus making it the priority no1 for the developer team to fix and address.

As such, consider DC and GF synergy a validly broken one, as proven in the topic and by respectable members of the community.

DC shouldn't affect the companion's gift increase, iow, DC shouldn't buff the companion's power increase.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    asterotg said:

'Broken toys', really. How are the old sets 'broken'. Read the tooltip, read the effect. It is the same since Mod 1 (except, that HV does just stack 3 times after a nerf. Short excurse to all those 'experts' crying 'CW was so OP, that they did CN farmruns with 4 CWs'. OP was HV stacking, not the CW).

I know, that English is not my first language, but this is a thing of logic, not grammar. If something is WAI, does not change, how is is suddenly 'broken' ppl using it 'exploiters'.

Who are you guys, that you know better, than the publisher, what is allowed and what is not? Say some effects are to strong, ok. There are valid arguments for some adjustment, but gtfo with this 'exploit' here 'broken' there. This is no argument, but an opinion.

BTW I use HV and HP set and if they nerf it, ok, but until then it is BIS and not 'broken' imo.

No you are right, melting a dragon/Goristo/Orcus in seconds by stacking HV+HP+Ilyanbruen setboni is surely the way things have to be and has to stay for ever in this game and be BIS for a small minority, lol.
    Welcome mod 10 and the next boring speedkill, as though lame and boring threads about the same broken mechanics.
This discussion has been closed.