- Leader
    - CW Class Officer

XBOX GAMER TAG: Kerupt Shunn
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Score
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Glad to see you stay around mr thefabricant

A little question to anyone who is more informed:
    Any views on the new companion Paranoid Delusion? I heard its pretty good, but maybe less so against bosses/cc immune monsters.
    I am running atm with Aug, but thinking of slowly transitioning towards bonding companion. Setup I have in mind is Paranoid Delusion as bonding/summoned companion with air/fire archons, siege master and wild hunt rider as active ones.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Hey Uzala, I don't have an answer for you, I'm also looking to transition from augment to bonder. I have the 3 CA companions and either the Siege Master or Erinyes. I've been wondering about Shadow Demon, but I have 0 deflect right now.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Honestly, I would hold off on investing into bonding pets until we are certain how the change to bonding stones will work.
    Thanks for the input guys.
    I guess I will follow your wise suggestions to wait until more is known of the upcoming changes to bonding stones.
    cheers
    edited June 2016

Honestly, I would hold off on investing into bonding pets until we are certain how the change to bonding stones will work.

Probably good advice, I'll wait a bit and see.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User

After taking a break for a while, I decided that I will continue playing NWO, however, I will no longer be as active in the community as I used to be. Due to this, I cannot guarantee that I will be providing regular updates to this document. If you have questions though, I don't mind if you ask them here and I will answer them if I am able to.

Of course, this happens just after I decided to comment on my guide saying that people should refer to your guide for new content because I do not have the time to maintain mine at the moment :/
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

Probably good advice, I'll wait a bit and see.
    Do that. I have a legendary ioun stone and a legendary Zhentarim Warlock, who will most likely go the way of the Dodo, too. More then 2kk AD just for upgrades down the drain.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited June 2016
    @asterotg that sucks. Basically, I "think" I'm considering Fire Archon, Shadow Demon or Paranoid Delusion. I'm not sure what deflect score I would need for Shadow Demon (anyone?) and the Paranoid's active will likely be meaningless against bosses. That leaves the Fire Archon... I like the other 2 more than the Archon, but statistically it looks like the Fire is better. At least it appears that way to me.
    Just filling in some areas with info I've picked up.

Shadow demon - the deflect active actually has a CD on it ( I believe 30 seconds. ) , seemingly making it a lot less useful. The main benefit here seems to be how hard it hits, and apparently there is a substantial damage difference between damage for like epic vs mythic, etc.

Paranoid Dellusion - seems to have dropped in popularity after the change, which leads me to believe most people were just using it for the bug. Prices immediately dropped on them but are back up a bit

Archons - The Air Archon seems most important right now, as its bonus has a much longer up time than fire archon.

Things to consider : cost of upgrading, equipment slots, runestone slots.

The shadow demon is a pretty large investment. starts at green and costs minimum 500k ad at the auction house.

Delusion starts at epic and costs between 600-800k

Air - available in all colors up to purple. Right now going for 800k + at epic rank

Fire was around 700 last I checked.

I too am working towards bonding, but only will switch when I have everything in place. I'm probably going to go with either the priestess of ( something ? ) moonbow, or light foot thief. Not sure yet
    Updated with my current choice of bonding companion.
    I am atm running with augment companion and dread enchant(40%). My next upgrade is an expansive one, so I am in a heavy saving mode =).
    I am considering working towards either a trans.Dread or a bonding companion. Question is what would be most beneficial, I am sitting at 53% crit chance and ~80% crit sev with the dread enchant.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Well, the good news is that apart from a tweak here or there to squeeze a little more juice of out a build, there hasn't been many fundamental changes to the CW class in months and months. So unless there's some yet-to-be announced balance changes coming with Module 10, there's nothing much to keep updated in this guide. It's pretty much all you need to know as is, and there's plenty of players hanging out here to answer more specific questions as they get asked.

Honestly, I'm hoping that there's major updates done to the CW class, regardless of the direction of the changes, just to mix things up a bit...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    So, after the companion rework, the copmpanion gift is up continously?
    I use the fire archon, and it refreshes the 20 sec duration every time he attacks.

Is this WAI? Or just some bug with the 10-11-12 level bondings? Is it the same with 3x rank12 bondings?
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.

So, after the companion rework, the copmpanion gift is up continously?
    I use the fire archon, and it refreshes the 20 sec duration every time he attacks.

Is this WAI? Or just some bug with the 10-11-12 level bondings? Is it the same with 3x rank12 bondings?

Its working as intended and works with 12-12-12 and 10-11-12, confirmed by the devs, see here
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    When looking for an active companion, you might think about repenting dragon cultist. While he has a lower dmg buff as active, his acid stab is a 5% debuff for bosses. There are other companions with attacks with similar effects.

@thefabricant Is there a reason, why you did not include the +5% CA dmg companion from the Portobello event in your list?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

When looking for an active companion, you might think about repenting dragon cultist. While he has a lower dmg buff as active, his acid stab is a 5% debuff for bosses. There are other companions with attacks with similar effects.

@thefabricant Is there a reason, why you did not include the +5% CA dmg companion from the Portobello event in your list?

Its active bonus is additive, not multiplicative, unlike the other 2.
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This is the biggest DPS buff I've seen, we are slaying 13 Dragons per run and, regularly seeing 70-100k power with party buffs. R12s bondings are constantly up for entire encounter. Somethings got to give.
  • belhotharbelhothar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What are folk's thoughts on a Harper Bard as an active companion for a Mof/Ren in HV set? It strikes me that the debuff is potentially better than the Sellsword's and at least on the Xbox the price is coming down to "high" as opposed to "ridiculous". Does the Bard actually do an attack that procs bonding stones? Does it proc Protector's Camaraderie? Is it a total waste of 1mil AD for my build?

Thanks for your amazing guide!
  • suppyszsuppysz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    What is the meaning of "tanky out"? I'm planning to follow the MoF Thaum build, but i dont't understand what is it.
    Someone can give me a simple explanation about the MoF Thaum build? And what Profession should I level up?

Sorry for the newbie question, i don't speak English very well.
  • kalintharkalinthar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    This may be out of date but it is an exceptional piece of work and the help it gave me in improving my CW was immense. Thank you for the time and effort.
    belhothar said:

What are folk's thoughts on a Harper Bard as an active companion for a Mof/Ren in HV set? It strikes me that the debuff is potentially better than the Sellsword's and at least on the Xbox the price is coming down to "high" as opposed to "ridiculous". Does the Bard actually do an attack that procs bonding stones? Does it proc Protector's Camaraderie? Is it a total waste of 1mil AD for my build?

Thanks for your amazing guide!

I don't recommend the bard, it attacks really slowly and so is unable to keep up the protector's camaraderie/friendship insignia bonus. The assassin drake is a good choice for a support build though.
    suppysz said:

What is the meaning of "tanky out"? I'm planning to follow the MoF Thaum build, but i dont't understand what is it.

Someone can give me a simple explanation about the MoF Thaum build? And what Profession should I level up?

Sorry for the newbie question, i don't speak English very well.

What I mean is that MoF thaum is very durable, due to having so many damage over time effects that activate lifesteal.
    kalinthar said:

This may be out of date but it is an exceptional piece of work and the help it gave me in improving my CW was immense. Thank you for the time and effort.

It is pretty much up to date, as of 2 days ago.
  • suppyszsuppysz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > What I mean is that MoF thaum is very durable, due to having so many damage over time effects that activate lifesteal.

Ok, thanks. I'll follow the MoF Thaum. I like 'tons of damage' and durability.
    Does the Paranoid Delusion really attack from melee all the time? A guildie just informed me it does. True story?

Does the Paranoid Delusion really attack from melee all the time? A guildie just informed me it does. True story?

No, it does not.
    edited June 2016
    Thank you.

I'm assuming the active doesn't trigger vs bosses as they are typically immune to rooted, disabled, held and prone?
    Post edited by crizpynutz on
    Fab! Been following you work since I started in late April. I'm finally ( just almost ) over 3k ( just gotta buy some potency, but full refined on a lot.

I did some switching on my build and I've left a five feats open, hoping for some advice from you before I proceed with placing them

My heroics are pretty standard for me
    #row 1 _ 3/0/3/2
    #row 2 _ 3/0/0/0
    #row 3 _ 3/3/0/3

Thaum I have
    Tempest Magic
    Spell Twisting
    Elemental Reinfircenent
    Elemental empowerment
    Assailing force

Oppressive I have
    Bitter cold
    Chilling control

Between my last 5 points, I'm considering either icy veins ( which I did previously and it was great )

Or critical power. Now that I have an AP mount, in trying to capitulate on AP and I know it's a great source of extra AD.

Additional info: I like having sudden storm in my rotation, normally over disintegrate, but I'm also mostly using icy terrain and steal magic. Testing it out now to see if I can get by without icy veins.

What do you think ? Adding AP gain every 10s ( 30% ) or the instant five dose of chill stacks ?

My daikies are normally ice knife and OF. Any idea if focused wizardry gimps storm spell as an AOE orca single target?

Thanks for any info
    Well, in a dream world I would have a flail snail, but I only have a gorgon. I do gain AP pretty easily, but be able to chuck out two ice knifes or two OF's in a fight sounds nice
    so I wouldn't say "need" is the appropriate word, but since I use sudden storm almost always - I don't know if critical power would be an appropriate replacement for icy veins. since icy veins is more or less redundant
This discussion has been closed.