test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Sharpedge's "Almost Everything" CW Guide (Mod 9):

Comments

• willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    craolus said:

I'm already rocking purple blink and intel. What would the total CA bonus be with one of those? Also, is it PC only still?

What is the math behind this?
    blink dog+devourer

dmg *1,05*1,05=1,1025 ergo +10,25% dmg in CA right?
  • craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User

craolus said:

I'm already rocking purple blink and intel. What would the total CA bonus be with one of those? Also, is it PC only still?

blink dog+devourer

That's how I understand it. So with that new companion at purple for all 3 would it be:

dmg * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.05 = 1.1576, so + 15.76% dmg in CA?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

craolus said:

blink dog+devourer

That is correct.
  • deflectroquedeflectroque Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2016
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2016

@flyingleon Combustive Action's debuff does not only apply to smolder and fire damage, but all damage from every source against the debuffed target.

I finally did some tests yesterday. I did notice Combustive Action gave 24% debuff from time to time but not in a consistent manner. It looks a bit buggy honestly. Could you enlighten me more about how to continuously apply debuff of Combustive Action if there is a way?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Fab,

With the new CA companion, would you suggest all three CA companions be used? If so which companion would you use for the 4th non summoned companion?

Thanks as always!

Niadain
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    urabask said:

umsche said:

umsche said:

umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

Back to VT set everyone. :)

Funny that, even with the set nerfed I will still use it. Its stats (arp, crit, power) are vastly superior to the VT set and will still net a greater dps increase, so I will definitely not switch to it.
    +2INT and +2CHA make up for the 1,5K arpen you lose, considering everyone can have more than enough arpen from other sources.

VT belt gives way more dps than lostmauth belt.
    No it does not, efficient stat allocation means that 1.5k arp gives you another 1.5k crit +the elol set bonus which is still 2-5% more damage.
    Insignas of aggression or talent. Stats Allocation is trivial compared to main characteristics.

Plus 2CHA is already 800 crit and CA damage. and 2 INT is 800 Power and 400 recovery. STR and DEX ? Absolutely nothing.
    It doesn't matter though. The bonus will still increase your damage more by itself and you have to hit the RI cap anyways. If you're giving up that arp you will lose crit and/or power to make up for it, there is no way around that. No matter how you try to juggle your stats you will always lose DPS by switching to the Valindra set.
    with bonding gifts for summoned companions everything is possible and the mount insignia bonuses too. you can have at same time and recovery and penetration and critical and power on high levels and ap gain and and and and. i hit ri 60% very easy just with one stack on the companion.
    How does ray of frost interact with spell twisting? Number of ticks? Time?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    http://postimg.org/image/gkhiqr6j7/ recovery the worthless stat on 168% recharge speed steal time 6 second cooldown. and if the player uses the tenser disk 1 sec cooldown and if the player use griffon every 45 seconds ( gond) -35% cooldown reductions. 7% recharge speed from valindra belt-valindra amulet -2 int is around 0.9 second. MY screenshots shows with a lostmauth set and points on int and charisma and not on wisdom! can be a build with out spelltwisting or even with it for perma encounters. steal time goes 4 second on 200% recharge speed( ofcourse for that need arcane presence)>
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    But how hard do you actually hit?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1

But how hard do you actually hit?

@ironzerg79 are you asking me or mamal?
    niadan said:

Fab,

With the new CA companion, would you suggest all three CA companions be used? If so which companion would you use for the 4th non summoned companion?

Thanks as always!

Niadain

@niadan I would use 3 combat advantage companions, the blink dog for the bonding companion, the siege master and the air archon for my 5 companions.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    That was for @mamalion1234 . I know you can stack recovery through the roof, but that means trading off power/crit. So I was curious what the actually implications were for his damage.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    @thefabricant so no wild hunt?
    edited April 2016
    niadan said:

@thefabricant so no wild hunt?

The third combat advantage companion is the 1 consider interchangeable for wild hunt.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    I just wanted to say thanks, fabricant. This compendium and the one you did on paladins help a lot! Much better than the guides that just give you a list of feats and powers to use without explanations.
    Updated companions list, removed Lightfoot thief. Updated weapon enchantments with post elol set nerf images and post dread change. Added Elemental Evil campaign with boons. Upcoming Maze engine boons.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    From my brief tests I experienced dread to be quite superior to vorpal, which sort of contradicts what your guide says. But I was using the twisted set on legenrady so maybe the increased base damage was the reason for that. I'm also impressed by the significantly higher DPS plaguefire appears to offer according to your guide. Or is that chart taken from a different test with a different scenario?
    edited April 2016

From my brief tests I experienced dread to be quite superior to vorpal, which sort of contradicts what your guide says. But I was using the twisted set on legenrady so maybe the increased base damage was the reason for that. I'm also impressed by the significantly higher DPS plaguefire appears to offer according to your guide. Or is that chart taken from a different test with a different scenario?

@wixxgs1cht

Sorry, forgot to add that that plague hasn't been updated for post lolset nerf yet, also, I am currently in the process of editing the enchantment section for dread, vorp and fey, I added updated charts, but am still working on the accompanying text :)

Also, for anyone wondering if there is ever a use for maelstrom:

Yes, there is, it can be cast while CCed, including when grabbed by valindra's hand and it does enough damage to kill the hand.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Hi @thefabricant,

In this section => Appendix 3: An example of a Glass Cannon Build,
    you mention to use The Valindra Belt with Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace.

I want to know if you have tested The Valindra Belt with Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace VS the Lostmauth set nerfed on preview server.

Is it better ?

Do you have some ACT ?

Thanks
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Hi @thefabricant,

I want to know if you have tested The Valindra Belt with Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace VS the Lostmauth set nerfed on preview server.

Is it better ?

Do you have some ACT ?

Thanks

Yes, I have and yes, it is better. I will be adding act logs later to that section :)
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Thanks,

I have a blue Valindra belt in my inventory ready for this.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
    edited April 2016
    Since I do not care about solo performance does Dread out perform vorpal in group content?
    Post edited by niadan on
    niadan said:

Since I do not care about solo performance does Dread still out perform vorpal in group content?

Yes.
    edited April 2016
    So the Beholder Personal Tank does exist!

Love your Blink Dog's name.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

Hi @thefabricant,

Is it better ?

Do you have some ACT ?

Thanks

Yes, I have and yes, it is better. I will be adding act logs later to that section :)
    Wow, so Lostmauth Neck/Arti with Valindra belt = best dps set for CW?? Interesting.
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

niadan said:

Since I do not care about solo performance does Dread still out perform vorpal in group content?

Yes.
    pfft
    itbls said:

niadan said:

Yes.
    pfft
    Well, I should add the disclaimer that I am testing with regards to SS thaum, results may vary depending on build. You would know better for SS Ren.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Also, for anyone wondering if there is ever a use for maelstrom:

It can be used for a SS Renegade build (+SpellTwisting in Thaum) in combination with the Devoted Cleric's Artifact in order to build up quick stacks prior to unleashing the OF on somewhat higher WIS builds.

It is completely for fun.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @c1k4ml3kc3 you could also just use OF twice.
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

@c1k4ml3kc3 you could also just use OF twice.

lol so true
This discussion has been closed.